College Girl

Chapter Five

Melville's Best Friend

 

 

 

I woke up with my head spinning. It took all my energy just to focus on where I was, and why I was there, and just exactly what had happened. When realization dawned on me, my head pounded even more. I saw Brett. He was talking in a corner to some people I didn't know. They were all part of the cult. I suddenly realized that I was chained to a wall. My ankles and wrists were bound to the wall, and I was standing against it. I was in a white tight almost see-through gown. I had no undergarments on, and it made me nauseous to think someone had seen me. I was their prisoner. I shuddered. I would be their kill. I tried to tug myself free, to no avail, and the noise brought Brett and the others my way.

"You know what happens, Relena. Well," he looked down at his watch; "it's two minutes until midnight." His eyes were cold. I had never seen him like this. It was frightening. He resembled a demon, but he thought he was doing me a favor.

"When we finish, you'll be in paradise. We're doing this because we love you." He said.

"If you love me, then let me go. I don't want this." I said shakily.

"None of them ever do. It's for their own good, though. Can't you see? You' ll be forever young and beautiful where you're going. So.perfect."

He cupped my face in his chin.

"We'll be together for all eternity."

"I would rather burn in Hell than spend one night in your arms." I became suddenly bold. He laughed at my comment, and looked at his clock once more. I hated him for these three words.

"It is time."

I began to struggle as I heard him unzip his pants. I had closed my eyes so as not to see. I wouldn't look. Tears sprang from my eyes as I felt his body against mine. Before he started, however, he sliced my leg with a knife. I opened my mouth to scream, but found I couldn't, and shut my eyes more tightly. My heart threatened to rip out of my chest as he talked to me one last time while I was still pure.

"You can scream if you want to, my love, and I won't care."

I looked him directly into the eye, and he backed up about three inches from my face.

"I wouldn't give you the pleasure of feeling my pain."

He only smiled as he lifted my "borrowed" dress in preparation. I saw the bottom was tainted with the blood from my leg.  I kept my gaze, telling him I wasn't afraid. My mind was screaming, and I felt like I would faint, but I told him otherwise.

He grew angry with my foolishness, and entered. My mind screamed, my heart ached, and all I thought of was Heero. I would never see him again. He left mad at me, I'm sure Quatre had told him what I said. I would never get to explain myself. Tears raced down my cheeks faster than I could blink.

As soon as Brett was inside me, however, he pulled out and stepped back. My eyes opened a little more, and the tears stopped for a brief second.

"I didn't break through anything." He sated with a grimace on his face. He looked as if he could tear me apart with his bare hands. "Her hymen's broken." He spoke to the room. A silence blasted through the walls. His eyes narrowed at me before he lunged.

"You aren't a virgin, Queen Relena. Who was the lucky guy, huh?" he had my neck in his hands.

"I'll bet it was that boy, That.Yuy character. I bet he messed around with you, didn't he? You stupid woman. You could have had it all. You could have had everything. You could have had ME, and you chose HIM?"

"Brett, I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't seen Heero in weeks."

"Yeah. So I guess you did it before then, huh?" He turned around to face the other men.

"Queen Relena is unfit to go to the Great Beyond."

I thanked God. Maybe they'd let me go now. All I wanted was to go home. I would even go back to politics if I could just get out of here..

"However," he continued.

Oh no. The look in his eye was pure evil. I felt my body go limp.

"I'm sure our gods would appreciate a sacrifice."

The men whooped and hollered and cheered. I was the only one silent. While the men were cheering, Brett whispered to me, "You didn't think I could let you go when you know who we are, now did you?"

"Brett, please no.." I cried.

He smiled. "Jeremy, get the wood ready. Get the rope and the matches, Allen. We're going to have an old fashioned burning at the stake."

My eyes went wide when I caught on. They weren't going to stab me, or shoot me. They weren't going to drown me. They were going to burn me alive.

They unlocked me from the wall, and I tried my best to get free. Three years of martial arts couldn't do jack with fifteen men against me. They held me tightly, and drug me to the stake. It was in the middle of a huge room, and I was tied to it in a matter of seconds. Heero couldn't even have broken this. I whimpered as Brett gave his last speech. I couldn't even decipher what he was saying, my fear was so horrendous. He joined me on the little platform, and kissed me. I didn't even retaliate. I was frozen. I watched him light the fire, and before I could feel the heat, I screamed.

"HERO!" It seemed fitting, as I was about to die. I just wanted Brett to know whom I was thinking of. The smoke was the worst. It stung my eyes, and clouded my head. I couldn't breath, and coughed up all the air I was taking in. Nothing but poison seemed to reach my lungs. I started to feel the fire. The heat was crawling up my body, although the fire had yet to reach me. I was fortunate. I was letting my life slip away before I felt the fire. I would burn, bastards, but I couldn't feel it. God was giving me some kind of break. I felt myself slowly let go. My mind wasn't as cloudy. It all seemed so clear. Before I fully let go, I heard someone call my name.

It's not that dying is horrid. It's peaceful. Everything just suddenly becomes very clear, and then POOF. You're dead. Well, in my case, I had heard someone call me, so everything wasn't as clear as I would have liked it to have been. The next thing I remember is I was looking down at myself. I was in the room, and out of the room at the same time. I saw everything that happened in death's eye, I guess you could say.

So, I was sort of drifting and watching all that was going on. I figured out who called my name. It was the same person who untied me seconds later. One, Heero Yuy. They had found me. They were here to rescue me.I looked at my ghostly hand. They were too late. They sure as heck were killing all those guys down there. I could hear everything. They had killed everyone else in the room, and had left Brett in a corner. My body was on the floor, supposedly safe. They didn't know yet. That was probably for the best, though. Heero would have tortured Brett otherwise.

"You scum. You're going to die like the dog you are." Wu Fie said.

"Rot in hell, Brett. Relena won't be joining you." Duo commented.

"We followed every move you made, and we found where you'd strike, and when. It took a while to get here, though. We had you bugged, you see, and you led us right to you." Quatre whispered, strangely silent.

"You'll never know what true paradise is. Say goodbye Brett." Trowa said.

Each man had a gun pointed at Brett, and Brett was against the wall smirking. Heero eyed him.

"Why did you do this to someone as innocent as Relena?"

Brett continued to smile.

"Answer me."

Brett answered. "I wanted to see the bloodshed. All the blood she had to offer. All her innocent body would allow. But then, you and I know she's not so innocent, don't we?" he smiled.

"You want to see blood shed? How about your own?" and with that, Brett had a hole in his forehead. He had that devilish smirk on him even in death.

I sighed. I was glad it was over. But what was I going to do? I would have wept if I were still human. I would have called out. I could do nothing. The boys walked over to me. Soon they would realize. Soon they would know.

Another presence was in the room with me. I turned my head, to view the eyes of my mother.

"Mom" I spoke without words. I looked at her. She smiled at me, and without a word, she told me I had to go back. I looked at her, confused, and I felt myself glowing. I looked at my hands once again, and realized what was happening. I was going back.I was going back.

"To Heero." My mother said. I nodded. To Heero.

 

 

"Come on, Relena, breathe. Please, Lena.Please don't give up."

I could hear muffled sobs; I assumed they came from Quatre. No.No.. They were all crying. They were all crying for me.

It was Heero who was talking to me.It took all my strength, but I opened my eyes. The muffled cries stopped for a split second.

"H-Heero."

Then, of course, they cried some more. I smiled. Heero had lifted me to him, and was hugging me closer than I think Duo ever had. I welcomed it with all the strength I could muster. I heard "way to go", and "you scared us", and "don't ever do that again".  All I focused on was Heero.

He let go of our embrace, but still held me.

"I want to explain." I said, remembering what I had told Quatre.

"Yeah, girl, you better. It was hard on the poor guy to hear you were in love with..OW!"

Duo had been speaking, but the guys thought it necessary to drag him off, and leave Heero and I alone.

"You don't have to explain anything, Relena." He said after they were gone. His tone was cold. It hurt me to hear him say that, but I kept talking.

"No. I have to tell you this."

He said nothing, so I continued.

"What Quatre said."

"You had the most wonderful kiss from a man you didn't even know?" he said harshly.

"Yes." I whispered. I brought my hand up to his cheek, and forced him to look at me.

"Do you know why it was so wonderful, Heero?"

His eyes dulled.

"Because I felt nothing."

He was startled. I continued.

"I felt nothing when I kissed him. There were no fireworks like with you. That's how I knew, Heero. That's how I knew I loved you. Because his kiss meant nothing. It was wonderful because I didn't know who I loved, and that one gesture solved everything." I smiled at him, and placed a kiss on his forehead. "I love you, Heero Yuy. That's what Quatre failed to say."

I had barely finished that last word before he captured my lips.

 

 

      So, I guess you know what all happened after that, reader. We had a baby. No, I'm just kidding. We did, however, get married a few years later.after I had graduated..with the gundam crew. I realize now that I am the luckiest woman in the world. Not every woman can say they've got a man who was willing to forgive everything that his girl did wrong. Then again, not every husband has such a good sex partner.

 

 

 

 

Disclaimer: I don't own them. I'M FINISHED!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA! This makes me so happy. Does it you? Well, good. I'm glad. I just want you all to know that I have a big huge audition coming up, and everyone else has gotten an acceptance letter from Belmont, and I have yet to get one. I'm felling really crappy, and I'm loosing confidence in myself. Other that that, though, I'm good, 'cause I finally finished this fic. It's been bugging me at night. So, I hope y'all liked it, and don't flame me if ya' didn't! BYE!

~MBF