^A^I'm back!! Sorta. I honesty admit right now, I'm not the fastest writer, so please don't hurt me. I bruise easily. **frowns** It's been a hard month for me, but I'm still here. ^_^ Hope you enjoy it! News on Wings of a Dove: Hahah!! You have to read the fic because the news in on the bottom of the fic. Muhahahah!! Yeah I know, you guys just love me. ^_~ ^A^

Dedicated to Pixie Wings, who has given me some much during the hard month. Although she should be dead by now because of ALL HER INSANITY, **coughs** I wanna say thanks. So thanks. This one goes out to you. **snickers as Wings begins to have steam coming out of her ears** **huggie** ^_^

Standard Disclaimers: All the characters in this story belongs to Sun Rise and associated companies. I do not own Gundam Wing in anyway, but I do own this story, SO don't copy. That's plagiarism and illegal. This story is plainly for the reader's enjoyment.

Notes
* * - empathised
words in italics - personal thoughts

 

 

Daisies

By: Pixie^A^
Rated: PG-13

 

Daisies

"Don't you think daisies are the prettiest flower?" Relena indicated to her right where a little bush of wild daises grew.

"Hn"

"They're so happy.... so cheerful. Just look at them. So sunny" Relena continued, use to the one-sided conversation. "I mean there are many other very pretty flowers. Like the red rose. But they're so... mysterious and dangerous. Just think of all those thorns, but it's good to have a bit of self-defence. They're really beautiful. Too beautiful..." she decided. "Then you have dandelions that are weeds. Now they are very very sunny... No matter how many times you step on them, they spring right back up in your face. But they're just too many of them. They just crowd over and kill everything in their path, even if they don't mean it" They have prickly little things like a warning. A wake up call.... never quite piercing like a thorn. 'To warn someone of the realities of life without hurting them is the most balancing thing I can think of' A very wise person once said."

Relena stopped at a bench and sat down. She stretched and sighed. "Then you have little violets, they're so small and fragile. They couldn't stand against someone stepping on it. Daisies are strong, and pretty. They have prickly little things like a warning. A wake up call never quite piercing like a thorn. 'To warn someone of the realities of life is almost impossible and simply amazing. A type of balance between good and evil that's no thicker than a thread and easy to cross' A very wise person once said... (pause) Perhaps, to wise"

 

**Flashback**

 

Relena sat on the bed facing a serious little girl. "Tina... it's ok. You're a strong person, you'll make it." Tina refused to answer her. Ever since she found out that she had cancer, she hadn't talked to anyone.

Relena sighed softly and brushed her hair behind her ear. Suddenly her fingers contacted a hair clip. Laughing gently, she unclipped it and placed it in her hands in front of Tina. All this movement had caught the little girl's eyes.

"Like it?" she asked, already knowing the answer. It was a clip of two full-bloom daisies. The girl nodded.

"It's pretty... I like daisies" Relena nodded.

"Yes... But don't they have prick you? Even if they don't have thorns?"

"So? To warn someone of the realities of life is almost impossible and simply amazing. A type of balance between good and evil that's no thicker than a thread and easy to cross. You can't protect someone from life, and you can't just shoot down all their hopes balance is everything." She shrugged. "I like them even if they did or didn't have any prickly things"

"Yes..."

"Momma use to grow daisies in her garden... they were really pretty..." Tina sighed dejectedly. "I don't get to see the garden anymore."

Relena smiled apologetically when she suddenly grinned. "How about if I bring daisies to you?!"

"Huh?"

"I have a large garden at home. I would love to grow some daisies for you especially for you. And when they are in bloom, I'll bring them in" Tina brightened.

"Really?!"

"Really" Relena asked back seriously. "But if I do this for you..... You have to do as the doctors ask to stay well." The girl nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Pinky swear?" Tina extended her pinky and hooked it with Relena's smiling.

"Pinky swear!"

 

**End of Flashback**

 

"Flowers are sexual organs for plants." Heero responded trying to block out the memory of a little girl and a certain flower.

"Thanks. You're such a romantic and just to tell you, I *did* know that. But come on, it's the symbolic representation and the thought that counts" Relena glanced sideways, "Thanks for coming with me again. I know you rather stay and work on other things than listen to me chatter."

Heero shifted his eyes to her and then shrugged closing his eyes resting. As if I had a choice. It's either to listen to your chatter on your daily walks or to leave you alone with your pathetic guards to protect you. I can't allow that, especially since the recent uproar of threats, though you wouldn't know or understand.

She didn't understand how important she actually was to the world. If she was kidnapped or if she died, the world would be in a turmoil. Fights would break out where they were silenced by her, and once again the world would be drawn into another war. Her hard-worked fragile peace would be shattered.

And he didn't want that. You're getting weak Heero.... People DIE. Deal with it. No. ? If he did his job right she wouldn't die for quite some time, and by then peace would be more solid and someone else would be ready to take her place.

"Heero?"

Heero opened an eye. There was that voice again. The voice full of concern. The voice that he couldn't ignore, not even in his dreams that he had. "Hn?"

"Did you hear something?"

Heero stiffened slightly. He breathed deeply and concentrated. Is there anything? Suddenly a flutter of leaves confirmed his suspicion. "No" The son of a b*tch was coming behind them through the trees. Suddenly there was another quiver beneath their feet. More men coming across the gardens, trying to stay low behind the hedges.

Heero made a little movement, unnoticeable to anyone. Sh*t He didn't have his gun.

 

**Flashback**

 

"You called me Heero?" Relena asked him as she walked into his office, him being the head of security.

"Hn. You're going on a walk..." Relena smiled.

"Yes ...I *always* go on a walk after lunch. What's the problem?"

"I'm coming..." Heero responded, sorting through his work one last time before standing. Relena stared at him. Heero ignored her and went around the table and froze. He almost forgot something important. He went back to the front of his desk and opened the bottom drawer, a shiny black gun lay inside.

He reached in when another hand on top of his stopped him. He looked up at Relena who was shaking her head.

He reached in when another hand stopped him. He looked up at Relena who was shaking her head. "No Heero. It's just a walk... leave the gun." She must have seen the refusal in his eyes because she used that voice against him. "Please..."

Heero secretly sighed though not showing it as he straightened. If only Wufei saw him now. He could hear it now.

"WEAKLING!! You've turn into a weakling Heero!!! Listening to that onna...." But that plead in Relena's eyes and voice. How could he ignore it? He left the gun in his bottom drawer.

 

**End of Flashback**

 

Heero groaned internally. He left his gun in his bottom drawer. Stupid!! The man behind them was getting closer and faster. Off timing, probably. Frontal and rear attacks were always suppose to be synchronized. Oh well. The more easier for him.

Click.

Heero almost grinned. The fool had a gun. Goodie goodie guNdrops. (that's for you wings). Breath ...wait... Patience... He's getting closer.... Wait... Just a bit longer....

"Relena DOWN!!" He yelled to her, pushing her down off the bench to the rocky ground. He rolled over on the ground and turned, springing onto the shadow under the tree. The culprits eye's widen with surprise. Not surprised enough to press the trigger.

BANG!!

Heero growled angrily as the bullet embedded itself in his shoulder. He leapt on the man before another bullet was shot and broke his neck swiftly. Heero looked at his left shoulder, it was bleeding... badly, but it could wait. It would have to wait.

HHeero heard gunshots. "@$#%&!" Heero saw Relena through the leaves of the tree, lying flat on the ground, exactly where he left her. "Relena!!" He quickly took the dead man's gun and hurried out. He reached her side, "Come on! Under the tree there is some protection."

Relena looked up with fear in her eyes. "This isn't suppose to be happening" she whispered as Heero dragged her under the encircling arms of the tree. She sank down onto the ground, with her back against the trunk. "Why are people still fighting? Isn't it peace what they want?"

Bang! Bang! BANG!

Relena shut her eyes and brought her knees to her chest. She ducked her head and wrapped her arms around herself. No more. Please no more... she repeated in her head trying to she repeated in her head trying to block out the sounds of gunshots, the shouts and the cries of dying men.

What could they possibly want? Isn't peace and harmony the dream of every person? If not what do people want? They want fame? Money? But all that fades away with time.

Things that lasted was friendship, love, what the heart *feels*. Like happiness.

Why don't they know? Happiness if not here in killing people.... and there is no peace. People only want to be happy.... But happiness must be searched for. Happiness never just comes Relena felt hot tears form and trail down her face. What do they want? Relena clutched herself tighter. Don't give up hope yet....

Suddenly Relena heard a chopping sound... getting louder and closer. Abruptly there was a pulling on her arm. Heero.

"All the men are dead, but there is a helicopter. We gotta move!!" Heero stared at her. She had been crying and now was in a daze. "Relena?!! Are you listening?!! They have missiles!!"

Dead? All the men are dead? Dead by your hands again Heero? How do you bear the guilt? How? Don't you--

"RELENA!! We gotta move!!" Relena felt her legs move again as Heero pulled her from under the shelter of the tree. Good thing to, because only seconds after leaving there was a zizzing sound and seconds later. The tree was being licked up by hungry orange flames.

Relena looked up at the tree with horror. Right behind was a helicopter. With another missile ready too Heero was already dragging her away from the helicopter. Faintly she could hear him cursing. "Where are Milliardo when you NEED him?"

She dropped her gaze and gasped. All her flowers were being trampled on! Her marigolds, her carnations, her dragon snaps-- she planted these with love and quite often she would send them to the children's hospital. Suddenly her eyes caught old of something. Her daisies.

"NO!" Relena suddenly pulled at Heero's hand. Surprised, he turned at her with shock written all over his face. She didn't give it much thought, daisies were her favourite flower and Tina's. Tina she had grown these especially for her.

Relena ran back to the flowers and to Heero's point of view, back to the helicopter.

"Relena!!! Are you crazy?!!" Staring at her for a second as she began to dig up the plant with her bare hands.

"I won't leave this plant! Tina would be horrified!!" Heero almost lost his balance as another missile was launched and missed. Whoever was the pilot had obviously BAD aim. He stared back at Relena was frantically pulling up the plant.

Tell her to come.... Tell her she's nuts. Tell to MOVE!! his mind order as admiration grew deep within him. What are you doing? She's CRAZY!!

"Tina will be MORE horrified if you are DEAD!"

"No..." Relena began to shake. Scared for her own life.... but this was important to her. How could she tell Tina that she didn't even try to save her plant? No not her's... Tina's.... Tina's hope. Relena shook her head trying to get rid of the hair in her eyes as she grabbed the soft dirty and flung it aside. Her fingernails were filled with dirt as her hands dug deeper. It was almost free.

Heero swore as she ignored him and continued. He pointed the gun at the helicopter shooting at it's pilot. It was rather a hopeless mission.... He could not bring a helicopter down with a single gun, and killing the pilot would make it crash and kill Relena. But he would HURT the pilot.

Bang, bang, bang!!! The bullets hit the windshield but did not brake. It's missile point down.... To Relena.

BANG!!!!!

Heero blinked his surprised as another helicopter hit the enemy shoving it away from them a fair distance before hitting the ground and exploding, to be engulfed by flames.

"Heero?!!" Milliardo and Noin came running followed by other people. Milliardo's forehead covered with sweat from worry. "Where's Relena?" Heero glanced at Relena who just sat on the ground staring at the two burning helicopters. Her face was red from crying with her hair wild. Her hands hanging by her sides and knees were covered with dirt. Milliardo ran over as Noin explained how she heard the noise and programmed the helicopter. The others, probably Preventers began to take care of the fire and bodies.

Heero nodded and looked up. Milliardo had gotten Relena to her feet and walked back to them. She looked pale and lost.

"You're a fool Relena..." he shut his mouth. Nice... He better explain. "You are more worry about a plant then the entire world. Just think of what would have happen if you died"

Relena raised her eyes to meet Heero's. No Heero... You're wrong "No. You don't understand. You never have understood.... And you never wanted to."

"Understand what? That plants are more--"

He never finished his sentence as Relena's dirty hand smacked him clear across his face. "What do you know Heero?! You might think I'm just trying to save a STUPID plant, but it's more then the plant. ...That plant means something to many people including me." She stabbed her chest with a finger. "Me.. It's not just a stupid plant. It's someone's hope. It's MY hope for that little girl. Do you know what I'm talking about Heero? Do you have any hopes? If you do, you'll know what I mean. If you have hope in someone, that someone becomes hope to you. And everyone protects their hope carefully with all their heart and soul. Because in this world, everyone needs some hope."

She walked away with Milliardo. Heero stared at her retreating back, when suddenly he was aware of the stinging pain at his left shoulder and an oozing feeling going down his arm. The blood had dripped down his shoulder to his elbow. Noin looked at his arm.

"Oh dear God Heero, you're arm. We better go back and fix it" Heero could hardly hear her. 'Hope in someone changed that person into hope. Everyone needs some hope.' Heero felt a shadow of a smile cross his lips. Yes. He had hope in something.... In someone. And that person had become hope, his hope as well as to many other people.

Faintly Heero felt Noin begin to tug him back to the mansion by his good arm. Heero let her, knowing she didn't know her own strength. He glanced back at the half dug up daisy bush. The pedals were still open welcoming the sun, dissolving any morning dew it had. The simple white and yellow was bright in the trampled black, red and grey.

Hope.

 

 

^A^ Ok, I was being sappy. **Sighs** HEY! It's the thought that counts right? **blinks** Please? **puppy eyes** I hope you liked it. Don't forget to e-mail!! ^_^ pixie_angel_girl@hotmail.com See ya!! OOOOOOOO, XXXXXXX and Cookies ~Pixie^A^

PS. Thought I forgot eh? Update on Wings of a Dove: the next part will be out this or next week. I keep on editing it because it needs WORKING on. But I will post it as I know some ppl are waiting for it. Thanks!!