Disclaimer: Gundam. I. Wing. Own. Don't.

AU. Vampires. Gory. Evil. Love story (Yikes! Love stories are really gory and evil). For comments, suggestions, flames or reviews, you can email me at raizenheero@aol.com.


Eternally
by Neesah


Part 1: The beginning is the end is the beginning



He stood by the window, silently contemplating the night sky. It's her, he said to himself. I'm sure it's her. After all this time, she has come back. His heightened senses then picked up a presence, though it's still far away from his present location. Not alarmed one bit, he stayed facing the window.

"Hey, Heero," Duo greeted him. Duo is one of the only four who can get away from calling him by his first name, though only in private. In front of the whole Royal Court, Duo, Trowa, Quatre and Wufei still have to address him properly and in a formal manner even if they are his oldest, most trusted and most loyal advisors. "We're going out to hunt. Want to come with us?"

With his back still turned, Heero answered, "No."

"Ok. We'll be back before sunrise." With that, Duo vanished.

Heero continued to stare out of the window. He saw four of the most powerful vampires emerge from the castle and fly their separate ways. Heero allowed a small smile to touch his lips for the briefest of moments. Those four has this unspoken agreement of going out at the same time to hunt and meeting at a certain place before going back. This was not the case the first few months after they became vampires. His four friends have hunted together in a group, killing a whole village, a caravan or anything large enough to accommodate their appetite. Though this practice is not that common to vampires, for vampires usually want to be alone whenever one makes a kill, it's not unusual. What's unusual is the sudden change in their practice. But they haven't told him the reason behind this change, not that he needed them to say it for him to know. With his vast power, he could easily gather information from their minds even if they try their hardest to block him out. Something went wrong during one of their hunts, making them lose the most important thing in their lives. And after that incident they decided not to hunt in a group ever again.

The most important thing in their livesÖ They're not the only ones who lost something important though. His thoughts then wandered to that time in his past, 900 years ago.


****************************************************************FLASHBACK********************************************************


Heero landed gracefully on the balcony. He then stared at the balcony door, opening the inside locks through his mind. As he stepped in the darkened room, his eyes settled on the figure sleeping on the bed. He inched closer, stopping only when he reached the side of the bed. His eyes softened as he gazed down on her. Relena, his mind chanted. He silently drank in her features, gently caressing her with his eyes, committing every curve and line to his memory. His heart constricted as he noticed dried tears staining her lovely cheeks. Hn. She fell asleep crying. Before he could stop himself, he brushed the stray hair on her face. Her eyelids fluttered open at his touch, her beautiful blue eyes widening in surprise, then relief when she saw his face.

"Heero," she breathed.

"Relena," he answered, his Prussian blue eyes boring intently at her.

"Heero!" Relena cried as she got up and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face on his chest. Heero knew that he must pull away, that he must not let her touch him. But he let his emotions take over as he wrapped his arms around her, gently cradling her as she sobbed against him. Oh God, how I missed holding her like this. "Ssh, don't cry, Relena," he soothed.

After a few minutes, her sobs subsided. Still pressed to his chest, she said, "I'm glad that you've come back to me, Heero. I'm so glad that you're safe. We were so worried when the five of you suddenly disappeared three months ago. What happened?"

As if stung by her words, Heero jerked back and pulled away from her, retreating to the far corner of the room. She stepped closer but Heero retreated away from her again. "Heero, what's wrong? Why won't you let me near you?" she asked.

Relena can see anger and sadness emanating from his eyes as he stared at her. "I'm not the same person that you knew, Relena. Don't come any closer, it would be ill advised of you."

Relena frowned. "What do you mean? Please tell me what's wrong. Maybe I can help you."

Heero shook his head bitterly. "There's nothing you or anyone can do. I was changed against my will and I'll stay this way forever. So if you value your life, just forget about me. Don't come near me ever again."

Relena stared at him, uncomprehending. "What's going on, Heero? If you don't want me to be near you, why are you here?"

Though his insides were churning, his face was blank as he answered her in an even tone. "I'm here to break off our engagement."

Her knees weakened as his words sank in her consciousness, threatening to make her crumple to the floor. But she willed herself to stand upright. She wouldn't lose this battle. "Why? Have you found someone else?"

Heero glared at her. "Of course not! What kind of a question is that?"

Relena sighed in relief. "Then why do you want to cancel the engagement?"

Heero closed his eyes for a moment as he tried to get a hold of his emotions. He never felt this overwhelming desire to cry before. He never had felt this helpless or this confused his entire life. When he opened his eyes, no emotion was present there. "Weren't you listening to what I was saying earlier? I have changed, Relena. I'm not the man I used to be. I'm not the man you've fallen in love with. And I assure you, you wouldn't want to marry the kind of creature I have become."

Relena silently studied him. He's the same as he was before he disappeared, and yet not. He still has those gorgeous Prussian blue eyes and that unruly chocolate brown hair that was uniquely his. But his face is emitting an unearthly glow, his skin unusually pale, and his eyes glittered more intensely than before. Then she remembered that when she hugged him earlier, his skin felt unusually cold and hard. "What happened, Heero? What did they do to you?" she asked in a quavering voice, fearing his answer.

Heero remained silent. He continued on staring at her. Relena can sense that he wanted to tell her everything but he's having trouble finding the right words. They practically have known each other since infancy and for all these years that they've been together, she knew that he never has been good with words.

"If you're having trouble telling me, I, you know, I can help you. Now that I'm 18, my pow---"

"Your powers have reached their full potential," he finished for her. "I know. I can feel them."

Relena was shocked. There's something definitely going on here. How can Heero feel her powers? He knew even before that she's the heir to the most powerful witch clan in existence. But as far as she knows, no ordinary human can feel a witch's power. Only other powerful beings can. "Will you let me help you? But you'll have to let me in."

Heero nodded. Relena approached him and gently put her hands on either side of his head. She then closed her eyes.

She felt herself float. When she opened her eyes, she found herself in a dark castle. She saw Heero in front of a pale man sitting on the throne. Duo, Trowa, Quatre and Wufei were being held by 4 other men, all as deathly pale as the first one. She can sense a surge of power inside the throne room. All of them are powerful beings, the man in front of Heero being the most powerful. She saw him rise from his throne and address Heero.

"My name is Tristram. I am the Supreme High Ruler of the Vampires. The King, to be exact. And I have chosen you as my heir."

"Why me?" Heero asked, his eyes glittering defiantly.

"The ancient prophecy has spoken of you, Heero Yuy. You're going to be the last Vampire King. You will be the one who'll cause the downfall of everything good on this world by making the Angel of Light turn to darkness. Your reign will be the Golden Age of Darkness all vampire rulers before you have dreamed of."

Heero didn't understand but he continued to glare at Tristram defiantly. Tristram floated to him and enveloped him in his arms. Heero tried to get free from his grip but to no avail. "Don't fight your destiny any longer. Everything will be clear soon enough," Tristram said a he sank his fangs down Heero's throat.

After a few minutes, Tristram released him. "Now drink from me," he ordered as he slit his own neck and pushed Heero's head down to it. Deathly pale and weak, Heero lapped on the fount, and with each surge of blood, he felt himself get stronger, his fangs getting longer and sharper. He plunged his fangs down Tristram's neck to satisfy himself more.

Tristram pushed him away when he felt himself being drained almost to the limit. He then plunged his fangs down Heero's throat again. Heero crumpled to the ground when Tristram released him. "It's time to sire your advisors, Heero. Go, drink from your friends."

"No," Heero whispered.

"Don't be stubborn. They were chosen specifically for you. You need them. What kind of a Supreme Ruler are you if you don't have your set of advisors? Drink from them then let them suck the blood back from you. That way they'll be loyal to you, their lives forever linked to yours."

"No," Heero answered again. Even with only a few blood left in his veins, he can feel his transformation. "I won't let them become like me. You got me now, release them. I have no use for them."

Tristram smiled at his words. "You want to save them, Heero? Then drink from them. It's the only way you can save their lives. Or else, I'm going to feed on them. Their fates are in your hands. Choose, either they die or they live forever with you."

He then signaled to one of his advisors, the one that's holding Duo, to bring him to Heero. Tristram lifted Heero's head and placed it on Duo's neck. "Now drink. I know that you're very thirsty. Drink."

Heero cannot control his desire for blood any longer, his vampiric nature overtaking any trace of humanity left in him. He could clearly smell and hear the blood gushing in Duo's veins. He looked at Duo and whispered, "I'm sorry," then sank his fangs in Duo's neck. After sucking his blood, he let Duo drink from him. This cycle was repeated with his three other friends. After letting Wufei suck back his blood from him, Tristram gathered Heero in his arms once again.

"Before we finish your transformation, I would like to tell you some things first. A vampire's power depends not only on the powers of the one who sired him but also on his own character and will. With your strong wills and characters, I can sense that you five will be far stronger than any vampire that ever existed. As vampires, you will live forever. You won't get sick and your wounds will heal faster. You will also have supernatural powers. Your powers will grow as the years progress. The only things that could destroy you are the fire and the sun. But there are few vampires who even when exposed to the fire or the sun won't die. They are the few, true immortals. Also you wouldn't be able to function during the day, your earthbound bodies will automatically go to sleep when the sun rises so I suggest that you must be in your chambers by then. You can eat and drink like humans do, but the only thing that you'll need to survive is blood. Though there'll come a time when you wont need them that much anymore. You can sire as many vampires as you wish by doing what we did here. But let them drink from your wrist, not your neck. Only the advisors were allowed to drink from your neck, thereby linking them to you. Understood?"

Heero nodded groggily. "This is it little one, the final drink. Drink every single drop. Then afterwards eat my heart and my brain so that all the knowledge that was stored there by the former Supreme Rulers will be passed on to you. Tell your advisors to do the same with the ones they'll be replacing. My advisors will die with me, as yours will die with you if you ever die at all. Then burn our bodies in a funeral pyre and scatter our ashes. You will be immortal from now on. Now, drink."

Heero grabbed his neck and sank his fangs through it. When Heero had his fill, he lowered Tristram's body to the floor. "Fulfill the prophecy. Fulfill your destiny," he whispered as Heero plunged his hands in Tristram's chest to get his heart. Heero turned to his friends and ordered, "Do what you have to do."

Duo, Trowa, Quatre and Wufei followed Heero's example, eating their predecessors' hearts and brains. Afterwhich, they built a funeral pyre and burned the five bodies. They gathered the ashes and flew across the whole world, scattering the ashes, fulfilling the final part of Tristram's orders.

Relena opened her eyes and saw Heero staring intently at her. "They made you and the others into vampires," she breathed.

Heero looked at her sadly then stepped back, withdrawing from her touch. "Now that you know what I am, what I've become, maybe you understand why I'm breaking off the engagement. I suggest that you forget about me and go on with your life," he said as he turned his back and started walking out the balcony.

Relena rushed up to him and stopped him. "No! I don't care what you've become. You're still the Heero that I've known all my life. The same Heero that I love."

"You're wrong. I'm not. I have changed. It'll be for the best if you forget about me."

"Never! You know that even if I try I couldn't, I wouldn't forget you. You're still the boy who helped me with my studies, the one who protected me many times, who made me laugh, who made me cry. I look at you right now and see the same 18-yr old boy who proposed to me just months ago. We can work this out. Don't give up on us yet!"

"We can't work this out. You're a white witch. You're good. I'm a vampire. I'm evil. How in the world can we be together?"

"Stop saying that! You're not evil! You'll never be evil before my eyes. I love you. I always did and I'll always will. I'll fight for that love even if the whole world is against me. I'll fight for it 'til the end."

"Don't be stubborn, Relena. We could never be together and that's that."

Relena looked at him, hurt. "Why are you giving up so easily? You've always been a fighter. You never let any obstacle stop you before. Why let one now?" Tears began to fall from her eyes as she voiced her question, "Don't you love me anymore, Heero?"

Heero closed his eyes to block out the hurt in Relena's face. This is getting harder and harder every second, he said to himself, clenching his fists. When he opened his eyes, Relena gasped at the emotions swirling in their very depths. "You don't understand. I love you. As a matter of fact, I love you more than anything in this whole damn universe! And because I love you so damn much, I'm willing to give you up so that I won't taint you. I don't want to drag you with me towards eternal damnation. The only way that we could be together is by making you into a vampire. And even if I'm tempted as we speak to make you mine forever, I would rather rot in hell than do that to you."

Relena inched closer. "I wouldn't consider it eternal damnation if we're together. It's ok with me. I'm willingly yours, Heero. Make me into a vampire."

She stopped dead in her tracks when Heero shot her a fearsome glare. "You don't get it do you? Remember the prophecy Tristram told me? I was made into a vampire without my consent because of that stupid prophecy but I can choose whether or not to do my part in fulfilling it. And I decided to stop that prophecy from ever happening since the very moment I learned what it meant. Even if it means sacrificing you or my love for you."

"I don't understand."

"Do you recall the prophecy about you when you were born, the one you told me about years ago?"

"That I'm the most powerful witch born to our clan and because of that I have the power to either save or destroy the whole world. But what is its relevance to the prophecy about you?" Her eyes suddenly widened as realization dawned on her. "You mean---"

"You're the Angel of Light Tristram is referring to. Our love and our desire to be together will make the prophecy come true. At present, there's an equilibrium between Good and Evil in the world. Making you into a vampire will tilt the balance, making evil overpower good. Do you want that to happen?"

Relena just stood there, dazed. Everything seemed to be blurry. Is this really happening? She fervently hoped that this is all a bad dream. "So we must give up our love for the good of all humanity?"

"Yes," Heero answered through clenched teeth. "We shouldn't be selfish, Relena. I know that this is asking too much but we have to accept the fact that we could never be together without dire consequences."

Relena continued to stare off in space. Our love in expense of the whole world. The safety of the whole world in expense of our love. It's unfair! Why us? Why do we have to choose between the world and ourselves? It's so unfair! "I agree with you, Heero. We shouldn't be thinking only of our selves. It would be for the best if we break off the engagement and forget about each other."

Heero took a sharp intake of breath when he heard her words. He wanted her to say those things but it still stung him. We shouldn't be selfish. We're doing the right thing. But why can't I feel happy about it?

Relena looked at him and held his gaze. "So this is the last time we'll see each other," she said wistfully.

Heero wanted to bite his tongue. "Yes."

"Well then, can I ask a simple request from you, Heero?" She saw him nod. This time her voice faltered. "C-can you kiss me one last time?" she whispered.

Heero's eyes blazed with hidden fire as he approach her and envelope her in his arms. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. Relena's tears fell down her face as they kissed like there's no tomorrow. When they broke apart, Heero hugged her tightly.

"I'll always love you, Relena. And only you," he whispered. He pulled away and walked towards the balcony. Relena crumpled to the floor, sobbing. Without looking back, Heero rose up to the air and flew away.


Three days after, Heero learned that Relena has fallen ill. She wouldn't eat nor drink, she wouldn't even go out of her room. There were rumors that she's dying of a broken heart, her fiancÈ being pronounced dead for having been missing for more than 3 months now. It took all of his powers to desperately try to control his desire to come and visit her. He knew that his presence will only make everything worse than it already is. But after two days of staying away, he finally gave in.

He flew towards her house, hovering around her window. Being a vampire for three months has not prepared him for the sight he beheld. He saw her brother Milliardo, her sister-in-law Noin, and her cousin Lady Une standing near her bed, crying while a priest was administering her last confession. So she's dying, he grimly thought. Relena, he called out in his mind. As if sensing him, Relena turned her head towards the window. She then gestured to the people around her to leave her alone for a minute. They acquiesced, wanting to grant her final wish. After seeing Milliardo closed her door, Heero entered. He knelt down beside her bed and held her hand as he gazed intently at her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Relena. I never meant for this to happen."

Relena smiled weakly at him. "Ssh, it's ok, Heero. It's not your fault. Fate has been cruel to us. I told you that even if I try I couldn't forget you, right? This just proved my point. I rather die than live without you. And maybe this is what it should be. With my death, the prophecy dies with me," she whispered.

Heero gritted his teeth as he watched her slowly lose her life. Out of desperation, he cried out, "Just tell me to do it, Relena. I don't care about the whole world or the consequences anymore. Just tell me to do it and we'll be together forever." He grasped her other hand. "I don't want to lose you."

Relena pulled her hand away from his and reached up to touch his cheek. "I don't want to lose you either. And as much as I'm tempted to ask you to do it, I just can't. We shouldn't be selfish. The world comes before ourselves." She took a deep breath. "Just remember me always. That's all I ask."

He felt that he's going to explode any minute. He wanted to cry desperately but the tears wont seem to fall from his eyes. "I will. I love you."

Relena smiled again. "And I love you. Death won't make me stop from loving you." She reached up to her neck and unclasped her necklace. "Here, take this," she said as she handed him her heart-shaped locket. "My heart is yours forever."

Heero took the necklace and put it around his neck. He then placed her hand to his chest. "As my heart is yours," he said solemnly as he leaned down and captured her lips.

He felt Relena smile against him. She slowly closed her eyes and without thinking whispered, "I wish that we could be together again." And with that, she breathed her last.

Heero knew that she's gone but he still continued kissing her, as if he could breathe life back to her. Finally, the tears fell down his face. He pulled away and looked at her beautiful, serene face. "Only you. Eternally," he whispered, planting a chaste kiss on her lips one last time before flying out of her room.


That night, Heero went into a rampage. He fed on a whole village, sparing no one, not even the infants. After that, he slaughtered another town, not even bothering to feed on them, just burning and killing everything, including the animals. He then burned a whole forest with just the power of his mind, trying to burn himself with it. Unluckily for him, he failed. His friends found him near sunrise, all burned out but very much alive. And after just a week, his body was fully healed. Though his soul is a different matter altogether. He became hard, ruthless, merciless, his eyes cold and his face expressionless, echoing the void inside of him. From then on, he became the Perfect Vampire King.


***********************************************************END FLASHBACK************************************************************



Heero fingered the locket on his neck as he continued peering out the window. He never had found peace since that night, the night Relena died. Until now.

He's starting to feel the coming of the sun, his body becoming more lethargic. He then sensed that his friends had returned to the castle. In fact, one of them is headed his way.

"Trowa," he greeted without even looking back.

Trowa entered the room and sat down on the couch. "Have you fed, Heero?"

"No."

Trowa raised an eyebrow. "You just stayed here the whole night?"

"Hn."

If only he could, Trowa would read his mind. But even as powerful as he is, he could never read his mind. Not without his permission anyways. Heero is the Supreme Ruler afterall, the most powerful of them. But he's beginning to worry about him. They all are. As old and as powerful as they are, they don't need to drink that much blood anymore. They could even survive without drinking blood. But it's the kill, the hunt, that they cannot live without. And Heero had always liked hunting. He wouldn't let a night pass by without killing. "What's the matter, Heero? You didn't hunt for the whole week. And you just stayed here in your study, from the time you woke up 'til before sunrise."

Heero remained silent. Suddenly he asked him, "Have you and the others forgiven me for making you to what you are now?"

Trowa was taken aback by the question. For the 900 years that they were together, they never talked about that night they were born into darkness. "It's not your fault, Heero. You have no choice then. You did the only thing that could save us."

Heero turned to face him. "Did I really save you? Maybe I managed to save your lives but in return, I damned your souls. And because of me and my dark gift to you, you lost the most valuable thing in your life."

Trowa looked away from his penetrating gaze. He remembered that night, the last night he, Duo, Wufei and Quatre went out to hunt together.


****************************************************************FLASHBACK********************************************************



The four of them were flying silently, patiently looking for something to feed on. Their attention was caught by a big fire, maybe 10-15 miles away.

"Holy shit! That's one big bonfire," Duo commented.

They all stopped flying and stared at the burning forest with horrid fascination.

"What might have caused that?" Quatre asked.

Trowa closed his eyes then said, "It's Heero. He's really pissed off."

"Hn. He's on a rampage. He slaughtered two whole villages singlehandedly. The fear and the screams of all the people he slaughtered earlier are stilling ringing in my head," Wufei told them.

"But it's not like Heero to be acting out of control. I wonder why he would act this way," Duo commented.

"Let's find out," Trowa said. The four of them focused their powers on Heero, trying to locate him and read his mind. When they managed to find him, all that they could glean from his mind are two words: RELENA'S DEAD.

Quatre shook his head sadly. "So that's why. Poor guy. I don't know what I'll do if I ever lost Dorothy."

"I already lost Catherine when I became like this. And she already lost me when I disappeared 3 months ago," Trowa said.

"True, but Heero's case is different. Even if Hilde and I can't be together as we planned before, at least she's alive. I can still watch over her from afar. But Heero lost Relena for good."

"Relena is a mortal. Sally and the rest are mortals too. Death is inevitable to them. So we'll experience what Heero experienced just now. We'll eventually lose them," Wufei told them.

The truth behind Wufei's words made them silent. Then Quatre asked, "What shall we do about Heero then?"

"I think we should just let him be by himself," Wufei suggested.

"Yeah. You know how Heero is. He wouldn't like our pity. Let's go feed. I'm starving," Duo said.

They continued flying. After a while they saw a whole caravan of gypsies. As soon as they descended, they started attacking. The leader and his three daughters were the last ones left.

As Trowa approached the leader, he said, "Please spare my daughters. Just take me." Trowa glanced at his 3 companions and saw them already holding the girls. So? Trowa silently asked them. Their minds echoed the same answer, NO. "Sorry," Trowa told him as he grabbed his neck. "They're still hungry."

The three girls screamed as their necks were pierced by sharp fang teeth. Trowa sank his own fangs into the leader's neck. With his dying breath, the leader uttered a curse. "Because you've robbed me of the most valuable thing in my life, I'll rob you of yours. You'll lose the only thing that you loved most in the most horrible way, then find them again only to lose them once more. The cycle of finding them and losing them will continue as long as the world revolves as it is, while white is still white and not turned into black." Trowa ignored his words and continued sucking his blood.

Quatre, Duo and Wufei finished their meals first. "What did he say?" Duo inquired.

"He cursed us, baka," Wufei answered.

"Do you think the curse will take effect?" Quatre asked.

Trowa dropped the leader's dead body to the ground and wiped his mouth. "We're already cursed. I don't think that his curse will bring us any thing worse than this." They then flew away.


On their way to the castle, they found Heero still in the forest, all burnt up. The four of them spent their time helping him recover that only after a week did they heard the terrible news. Catherine was the first one to die. She stabbed herself. Hilde was found in her bathtub, her wrists slashed, her blood dripping from the sides. Dorothy hanged herself while Sally jumped from the roof of their house. Rumors were heard stating that those girls went mad because their respective boyfriends were never found since their disappearance and were presumed dead. The whole town took pity on those young souls --- five of which were never found, the other five died of broken hearts. But they fervently hoped that those kids are finally together, wherever they are.

Quatre, Trowa, Duo and Wufei paid their last respects to their respective girlfriends, thinking that it's their disappearance and not the curse that caused their deaths. Still, they decided from then on that they will never hunt in a group ever again. The years passed by and they've forgotten about the curse. But then one day, they discovered that their loves were reborn. They were so happy. They immediately introduced themselves, thanking whatever God is there for giving them a second chance. But tragedy struck once more. The girls all went insane and killed themselves only after the first month of their meeting. And in the 900 years of their existence, this cycle of finding and losing them went on. Whenever the girls fall for them, they somehow go insane and kill themselves. That's when they realized that it's the curse taking effect. So they decided to stop the curse themselves by not getting close to the girls. They contented themselves in just watching them from afar, never approaching them, seeing them fall in love, get married, have children then die. It's a no win situation, they always lose them in the end.


**********************************************************END FLASHBACK********************************************************



"It's not your fault that we were cursed. We could have spared those gypsy girls but we didn't. Besides, we're not the only ones who lost the ones we love. You also did," Trowa told him.

"But I only lost her once. It's harder for you, losing them many times all over. And technically it's my fault that you were cursed. You were chosen to become vampires because of me, because you are my friends. Even if you didn't kill those gypsies, you'll still lose them eventually, because I made you into what you are."

"There's no use dwelling in the past. And I know that you're not the one to dwell on things that we don't have control of. Why this sudden reminiscing? Is something bothering you, Heero?"

Heero didn't answer him and instead replied, "It's near sunrise, Trowa. You better go to your chamber."

Trowa eyed him for a moment. He's hiding something. He stood up then floated out of the room. Heero closed the window curtains, then suddenly vanished.


******************


Wufei walked towards their meeting place, his face still warm from the recent kill. He liked roaming around the streets at night, just like any other mortal. He' so engrossed with watching the humans walk about that he didn't see the person in front of him. He felt himself collide into someone, making whatever that someone is carrying fall to the ground. "Sorry," he mumbled as he immediately bent down and picked up the scattered books.

"Oh, that's ok," the person said.

Startled, Wufei looked up and saw a familiar face. The girl smiled at him

"Thanks," she said as she gathered the books from him. Wufei kept staring at her. "Uh, hi. I'm Sally," she said offering her free hand.

Wufei snapped out of his trance and ran away. Sally frowned as she watched the Chinese boy dodge people and cars. "Weird guy," she commented as she continued her way to her apartment.


Wufei ran and ran, his mind having only one coherent thought. I have to get away from her.Though he has to admit that seeing Sally again made him feel happy. He briskly brushed the thought away. I'm a danger to her. He then reached the most secluded part of the park. He stopped running when he saw the faces of his comrades. The usually noisy Duo is not babbling, his mouth formed into a grim line, while the always cheery and optimistic Quatre is withdrawn and staring off to space. As for Trowa, he's his usual silent self, though the silence surrounding him now is more eerie and tensed. The three turned to look at him and saw that instead of the common condescending expression on his face, all they could see is panic and sadness.

"So, you saw them too," Wufei stated as he approached them. His friends didn't answer. Wufei closed his eyes. The torment starts all over again. He opened his eyes and saw the three staring at him. With silent understanding, they rose to the air and flew back home.



Relena looked up when she heard the door to the coffee shop opened. She saw a tall guy, about 18, her age, with chocolate brown hair entered and went straight to the counter. She remained staring at him. There's something familiar about the guy, like she has seen him somewhere before. She lowered her head when she saw him head to her table, carrying a tray of coffee and croissant. She then heard a deep voice addressing her.

"Can I sit here? There are no more vacant seats left."

Relena looked up and saw a pair of Prussian blue eyes looking questioningly at her. Those eyesÖ She seemed to be drowning in them.

"Can I?" the guy asked again.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Sure, sit down," she said as she removed some books on top of the table. The guy sat down opposite her and started eating. Relena kept her eyes on her food. She felt strange. She can sense an underlying strength and power emanating from the guy. Though it seems that he's suppressing it, as if he knows that she can detect it. Of course she can detect it, she's the last of her clan, the most powerful clan of witches ever in existence. She then felt the guy's eyes boring to her, as if reading her mind. She raised her head and saw that he's already done eating.

"Thanks for sharing your table," he said. He stood up and carried his tray over to the trash bin. She saw him hesitate before going back to her table. "Umm, may I ask what's your name?"

Relena smiled at him. She usually doesn't give her name to strangers but somehow she felt that this guy is different. "Relena Peacecraft. And you are?"

The guy stiffened at the sound of her name. Recovering immediately he answered, "Heero Yuy. It's a pleasure meeting you. Maybe I'll see you around." With a small wave, the guy left.

Relena sat back on her chair. She has this weird feeling at the pit of her stomach. Her heart is also beating 5x faster than before. She felt giddy and lightheaded. As if, as if, she just saw her crush or something. She shook her head to brush away that silly thought. I just met the guy. It's not possible for me to have a crush on him. I don't believe in love at first sight. She continued reading and sipping her coffee. But a small voice chanted in her head, I hope to see you again, Heero Yuy, whoever you are.