EPILOGUE-Take-out

 

A/N: Okay, okay, okay...I kind of wanted to leave it at that, but back by popular demand is...the epilogue! Okay ::Moonkitty rubs her hands together:: here goes...prepare for sweetness and spice!

 

Heero Yuy was seated on the sofa with his legs resting on the cushion. He knew that if his wife of nine years were to find him, he'd probably be screamed at, but that didn't matter. She was in the kitchen trying her hand at some French dish.

The retired soldier was usually the chef in residence, and he found the sudden extra time before dinner a pleasant change. He opened his copy of the Global Spread, and tried to catch up on the local news.

"Dad, I'm going to the movies with Steve. I'll be back by eleven, okay?" a voice said hurriedly from the hallway.

Heero sat up suddenly, "Sidra Darlian-Yuy, get in here!"

"Otou-san..." the voice whined.

Heero's eyes narrowed. If she was wearing that shirt her mother got for her he would wring her neck, "Don't use that tone of voice with me! Get in here. Now."

He swung his legs off the couch and stood up, folding the newspaper and waiting expectantly.

One high-heeled shoe slid into view, and then another. His eyes widened in shock. She was wearing a black miniskirt. And that crimson top that barely covered her properly. Hours in front of a mirror with a curling iron and maximum hold hair spray had tamed her dark brown hair, and make up was tastefully applied on her face.

"Sidra, what about that discussion we had yesterday?"

She arranged her face into her mother's typical shocked expression, "What are you talking about?!" She waved a fine-boned hand in front of her body, "So what if I show a bit of belly and prove to the world that I have a collar bone?! It's not like I'm wearing a 'Screw Me Now' sign!"

This only served to infuriate Heero even more, "How dare you talk back to me like that? I'm your father and I want to make sure you don't do something you'll regret."

Her smile was mocking, "I'm not stupid like you or mom. I know how to take care of myself and all I want to do is look nice."

"You'd look perfectly fine in something that covered you properly instead of that...that..." he waved a hand at the shirt, "that travesty of clothing!"

The argument had drawn a crowd. The eight year old twins had managed to sneak into the room to watch. The two boys were identical, but didn't like to talk very much to anyone except each other. They still used a baby language between themselves to communicate and would rather glare at another person than talk to them. They had, however, picked up some of their mother's spunk and were renowned for playing clever pranks on the playground and in the household. Sidra had one day called them 'the Monsters' and the name had stuck to the two platinum-haired monsters with eyes and faces identical to their father.

They were watching the fight cheerfully, hoping that Sidra could convince their father to let her go so that they could empty all of her nail polish down the sink and refill the bottles with glue.

Relena, too, had heard the signs of a new battle stirring in the Darlian-Yuy household and rested on the doorjamb of the kitchen door to watch the duel in the living room. She decided to wait until the right moment before she moved in to diffuse the tension.

Besides, it was kind of cute to see Heero steam up at the sight of his daughter.

"Sidra, you are a very attractive girl. You should not tempt men. Some have less control than others and-"

The girl stepped forward and kissed her father on the cheek, "I will be very careful, Daddy, I have my pepper spray, I love you, and-" she paused, and the doorbell rang, "that's my date."

Heero looked at her, dazed, "Just be careful," she walked over to the door and 'Steve' walked inside. Heero gave the boy his best death glare, "I'll be waiting up for you, young lady."

"Okay, Old Man, I love you! Bye, mom!"

Relena walked up behind Heero and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Take care, sweetie!"

The twins scurried out of the living room to sabotage Sidra's room.

Heero sighed, "Why did you get her that ridiculous shirt?"

She giggled, "It's just the latest fashion, Heero, lighten up. Just imagine it, wouldn't you have liked to see me in something like that when we were teens?"

"Yes, I would have, and then I would have made sure to see you without it." He shook his head, "I just don't want to be a grandfather yet. Just seeing her makes me feel old."

"Thirty-three isn't old."

He turned her to face him and put his hands on her waist, "We got an early start, didn't we?"

She giggled and pressed herself closer, "Yes we did. Sidra's smarter than we were, though. She's very righteous."

"She would have to be. She's our kid. It's a pity the Monsters didn't inherit that trait."

Relena laughed at that, pressing her cheek against his chest, "You still haven't forgotten last week, have you? The blue hair dye did come out after three washings."

Heero grumbled something into her hair. She looked up, "What did you say?"

"I said: It was still embarrassing going into Preventer headquarters and get forced to wear a hat because of the disturbance I was causing."

She ruffled his once again dark hair, "Oh, that reminds me, Duo sent me the pictures he took and says he still has the negatives. I put the best one in the album. It was so cute! You know, for eight year olds the Monsters certainly did a good job."

He began running his hands up and down her sides and leaned in to kiss her, "We should do something about those two," he murmured against her mouth.

He swallowed he laughter with a deep kiss.

She tucked herself against him with practiced ease when suddenly her eyes popped open and she pulled out of his embrace, "Do you smell that?"

He sniffed the air, "What's burning?"

"Agh! Dinner!" She struggled towards the kitchen and he captured her in his arms again.

"Let it burn."

"Silly!" She swatted him and ran for the stove. He followed her. She opened the pan and almost cried at the sighed of her charred food, "The cookbook said not to get distracted and just look at what I did!"

Heero hugged her from behind, "It's okay, Relena, we'll start over. I'll help you."

She leaned into him, "Really?"

"Or," he said, kissing her neck languidly, "we could just order take-out..."

Relena tilted her chin to give him better access to her throat, and sighed, "Mmm...looks like it will be take-out..."

Neither of them complained.

 

 

 

A/N: Well, there it is. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it