ENDLESS WALTZ: SCORPION FEVER ONE

 

 

There was a time when man fought a devestaing war....a war between brothers,a war between Earth and its colonies...many brave men and women died defending their ideals. Four men,thought to have died in an earlier power struggle,emerged under masks to help save the world they called home. One found friendship,one found love,one found redemption and the other found a dream. Aided by others on similar quests,as well as spirits from long ago,the Scorpions came out and ultimately rescued their battered world from the brink.Then they went their separate ways,to pursue their own ambitions,and to heal their own emotional wounds.

The year is After Colony 197.One whole year has passed since the cataclysmic Eve wars on Christmas Eve. It is early spring in the northern hemisphere,though snow is still falling in some parts. All mobile suits,save for ten have been destroyed.The world is under one banner,that is the World Nation.Peace is here at last, as the Lunar colonies declare their presence...

 

[LUNARIAN COLONY ONE]

<Counsellor,standing on a podium>: Ladies and gentlemen. Today,we are giving people a home they lost a long time ago.Few of us remember the moment that Lagrange five was destroyed,and the Lon people made homeless. But today we launch Neo China back into Earth's orbit.

<Master O,standing next to Lon>:Where is that boy? There's no way to contact him...he should be here...

<Lon sighs>:Chang was upset after the battle...it's best that he be left alone...but his absence is too prolonged.

<Counsellor>:Master Lon,would you do the honours?

<Lon>:Gladly. (pushes a button, thunderous sounds of thruster fire are heard)

<Noventa,watching on TV>:Hmm, Neo China is being relaunched....

<Roberta puts down coffee cup>:Yes, the Lon have a home again...it feels good to do this.

<Dorothy>:Yes,Uncle Noventa....maybe we can launch some more?

<Sylvia>:Come on, Dorothy,you're talking to the wrong guy! Granpa here's retired! No need to do anything now,right Granpa?

<Noventa>:Yup...this last year's been a blast...one looong snooze....

<Dorothy>:You don't miss anything,eh?

<Noventa>:Nope. I have everyone I love right here. I just wish I knew where the others were.....

[SPACE]

<Crimson>:Yo! That's the last of these! Back to base, ladies and gentlemen!

(Cancer II seals up a colony wall, Toruses follow)

<Millie>:No cavities here,let's get back to the ship!

(Aquarius Vanguard drifts into view)

(Suits load up, Relena's face appears on the screen)

<Crimson>: Good day, boss.

<Relena giggles>:Stop calling me that! So, how's the colony building scheme going?

<Crimson>:So far, we're on schedule...(looks at clipboard) and as a result...the Space Scorpions and I are taking a month off.

<Relena>:Hold on! A month?

<Crimson smiles>:Why not? We deserve it,right guys?

(Space Scorpions cheer)

<Relena swings her head>:Crimson,Crimson....oh,alright...

(Louder cheers)

<Relena>:Wish I could join you,but I still don't know where your base is!

<Crimson>:The base is a mess,and besides,we all know how you feel about mobile suits....

<Relena>:I guess that's logical....but your Mobile Suits are unarmed,that's different....well,enjoy your month off!

*blip*

<Millie>: Still a secret eh, boss?

<Crimson>:Da. No one knows where Scorpion base is. Good thing I captured it,eh? Now the Lunarians can live in peace without us putting them in danger.

<Meryl>:You said "us".

<Crimson>:Yes,"us". Scorpions ,to be exact. All of us.

[FLASHBACK]

<Noventa,in a dark chamber>:Kostya,this is where we'll put the equipment.

<Crimson>:I want to destroy all of this....this reminds me of nothing but death...

<Noventa>:Listen to me, Mardyev. The Eve wars are over,but I have a feeling we'll be needing THESE sometime soon...trust me...I met with Dekim Barton once...he was up to no good....and reports aren't clear on what the Bartons are up to...

(They are looking at a bunch of Mobile Suit Weapons)

<Noventa>:And the parts for Scorpio mk III are here too....just in case.We'll seal this wall...

<Crimson fires bazooka and seals the wall>:Just in case.....

[BRUSSELS,PREVENTER HQ]

(Phones are ringing)

<Sally>:Hello? Yes,just a minute.

(Raps on an office window)

<Sally>:Otto!It's Zechs! He says that the mission in the Pacific was a success!

<Otto punches up his screen>: Preventers Wind and Fire,report!

<Noin,standing in front of a burning building>:All clear, sir! The terrorists who hijacked the ship are all captured!

<Zechs>:Minimal collateral damage,though we didn't use our Mobile Suits.

<Otto>:No need for those,Zechs.We already have you and Noin! Looking forward to Spring break,you two?

<Zechs>:Not really. (gets poked by Noin)

<Lady Une walks in,puts arms around Otto from behind>:Come on,Zechs! We can all go to the beach or something! Let your hair down a bit,Wind!

<Otto>:The queen of Hearts has spoken! BBQ at Saint Tropez next week!

<Noin>:Saint Tropez,but that's....

<Otto's eyebrows move up and down>:I know.>) King of Hearts Out.

(Otto swings his chair over to Une)

<Otto>:This is your day off, babe....what are you dooin here?

<Une sits in his lap>:Come on, don't you remember today?

<Otto>:Oh,yeah...It's two years to the day,that I showed up on the aircraft carrier....

<une>:When we first met.

<Otto laughs>:Yeah,and you were screaming your lungs out. "KIll him!Kill him!" (makes machine gun sounds)

<Une sighs>:We've come a long way,baby....

<Otto>:MmmmHmm....(shares a kiss with Une)

<Sally walks in>:Darn it,you two...don't you ever quit?

(hands them mugs of cocoa)

<Une>:Nah, just indulging a bit...it IS our anniversary,you know.

<Sally>:We also founded the Preventers today.So here's to another year of peace and quiet.Sorry there's no champagne,but the weather is bizzarely cold out there...

<Une raises her mug>:Here's to...another year of peace...(sips) mmm,this stuff is good,Sally....you better save it for Zechs and Noin too.

<Sally>:Of course,but Noin has a mug anywhere...besides,they're in Hawaii!(folds arms) Wish I was out there!

<Otto>: They have all the fun because they have the mobile suits....we don't,so we have to stay here and get fat....

(Une and Sally glare at him)

<Otto>:Not fat..I mean uh....get...get..old...yeah,get old!

<Sally>:So we're old now?

<Otto>:No!!Not that!..I ..uh..

<Une playfully holds Otto's head and kisses it>:Come on,man! Get a grip of yourself...Anyway, let's all go for a walk....this office is threatening to eat us alive...

<Otto and Sally get up>:Right!

(Walking out the door, Sally notices something on Otto's arm)

<Sally>:You're still wearing that symbol ,eh?

<Otto looks at Scorpion insignia>:I can't take it off,you know...being a Scorpion taught me everything I know right now.....I owe it to everyone....Phantom in particular.....I owe it to them to make this name proud.

<Une>:Let's go,already! We've heard that speech a thousand times!

(Une tugs at Otto)

[MARS ORBIT,ON BOARD PISCES VANGUARD,ANOTHER FLASHBACK]

<Scorpio>:So you took him under your wing and made a third Tallgeese for him?

<Master Asia>:Yup. I felt he needed some training.

<Scorpio>:I thought the G spirits were gone, master.Why are you still here?

<Master Asia>: Because I feel something...something strange in space...

<Scorpio>:Strange...space is always strange!

<Master>:Just beware, Phantom Scorpio....evil is not always completely defeated.....I can tell you that from personal experience.....just be careful.

<Scorpio>:Yes,master. I will be leaving for Jupiter soon.

<Master>:If anything happens,then I will aid you myself....

(Scorpio bows,when he looks up,Master is gone)

[THE NEXT DAY]

<Crimson>: We're going where next week?

<Relena ,on comm>:The circus! Come on, it'll be fun! You can take your guys with you!

<Crimson>:I'm afraid I'm the only one left...tell them they have a holiday, and they think they've won the lottery....oh well,why not.Young woman,you better behave.

<Relena>:Colony X-189999,here I come...

(looks at picture of Heero)

<Relena holds up the frame>:I wish you could come....

Relena Dorlain is now working in the World Nation's new government,as a vice minister. She has realized her dream at last-total peace. Working with one time Mobile Suit designer Konstantin Mardyev (known only to her as Crimson Cancer),she heads an ambitious project to build new colonies,and even to terraform Mars itself.She has a healthy working relationship with Mardyev,despite his secret identity being unknown to her.Over the past year,he has been her most constant contributor. His Space Scorpions were a major help to her project,Relena herself commisioned them to stay on permanently.THough not the fearsome unit they were (in numerical terms),the Space Scorpions have earned a new reputation as constructors,life builders.

Together, Mardyev and Relena set out to build more for humanity...despite his past...

 

 

[ONE WEEK LATER,AT THE WINNER COLONY]

<Dorothy and Ma Ranieri arrive in a limo>: Bon giorno!

<Abdul>:Bon giorno, Ma Ranieri! And you too, Miss Dorothy! Master Quattre is expecting you. Please follow me.

(Abdul leads them into a hall)

<Quattre puts down a violin>:Ah,Ma Ranieri...always a pleasure to see you! And Dorothyyy...(smiles,hugs Dorothy)

<Quattre>:How's life on the moon with your uncle? You really should write,you know...

<Dorothy>:Oh,come on,Quattre,you know I do.....(makes a pattern on Quattre's chest) it just depends where I write...;-)

<Quattre blushes>: Well,uh....sure...

<Ma>:We've come to invite you to the new Neo China colony-it really is beautiful!

<Quattre>:I've seen it on TV....that statue standing guard over it...it is magnificent!

(points to a picture of Dragon Gundam,standing high atop a mountain)

<Dorothy>:Well, Quattre?

<Quattre>:I'm afraid I can't.....I have a lot to do here...it's a miracle I can even get the time to see you...

<Ma>:Come on, Winner! You need some air....

<Dorothy>:That's just fine with me,Ma...what if I stayed here instead?

<Ma/Quattre>:WHAT?

<Dorothy>:Come on, Ma Ranieri....i AM 18 now....and I'm sure Quattre here won't mind....

<Ma>:Well, better ask your uncle first....

<Dorothy>:Puh-leeeze..I promise,I'll sleep in another room.....

<Ma sighs>:Oh, alright....

<Quattre>:This can't be happenning to me..

<Dorothy>:Yipee!!

[PREVENTER HQ]

(The Preventers gather)

<Otto>:Guys,there's a large rumour spreading around on the grapevine.It concerns a clandestine mobile suit production facility somewhere out in the colonies.

<Une>:You don't believe it,do you? I personally ordered all MS factories destroyed!

<Otto>:Calm down,Une....it's just a rumour.

<Noin>:Where is this factory said to be?

<Otto>:On X-189999....Noin, I want you to check it out. It's a low profile op,nothing fancy.

<Zechs>:I should go too...

<Otto shakes head>:No, Zechs. We need you for backup in case something goes wrong.Tallgeese III will wait just out of the colony's range,kapish?

<Zechs>:Kapish. I still think it may not be a good idea....why Noin,anyway?

<Otto>:It's a low profile mission,Wind. Everyone on the colonies has seen your face,or have you forgotten that?

(Zechs grunts and leaves the room)

<Sally>:He's always walking out like that....we still don't know how he came back...Noin?

<Noin>:I tell you, he just showed up on my doorstep one day.....I never asked him why...

<Une>:The spooky thing is that he brought a new Mobile Suit with him.....one that feels familiar...who built it,that's the question...

[OUT IN THE HALL,A FEW MINUTES LATER]

<Une stops Otto>:Wait a bit,Otto.

<Otto>:Yes?

<Une>:It's Saturday, mister hot pants...you know what that means,right?

<Otto smiles and kisses Une's cheek>:Oh, I know...you just go and wait!

(Otto gives Une a playful bottom smack)

<Une>:I'll do that,hun....*winks*

next chapter

AUTHOR'S NOTE:- CHAPTER TWO IS A LEMON,SO IT MAY OR MAY NOT APPEAR ON WEBSITES...DO NOT PANIC,IT'S ONLY A LEMON.SKIP TO CHAPTER THREE IF YOU DON"T LIKE LEMONS.