ENDLESS WALTZ: SCORPION FEVER CHAPTER 10

 

The Preventers manage to get through to the Sanq Kingdom, which is protected single-handedly by none other than Crimson Cancer himself. They arrive just in time, as his Fire Balls had run out of microwave energy. At the same time, the other five Gundams land, together with Phantom Scorpio. Dekim Barton unleashes the majority of his Serpent force, about 700 mobile suits. Otto, in his ZERO- equiped Wing Gundam, leads a counter attack, destroying most of the attacking force. Mareimia orders her troops to Luxembourg, and makes Relena give an address on TV.

[MAKE UP ROOM]

<Makeup Dude>:The things I do for money...

<Relena>:Dude?

(Studio technicians run around)

<Makeup Dude>:Oh, you dropped your cellphone *wink*...

<Relena>:Oh! Now to activate the beacon...

(Relena pushes a button)

<Makeup Dude applies lipstick>: When this is over, I want to be a regular on this show!

<Relena>: If we escape this one alive, I'll grant you your own anime series....

<MarieMian>: Hey, your time is up! Get back in the studio!

(Relena nods and passes the cell to Makeup Dude)

[STUDIO]

<MarieMia dusts sleeves>: We're going to tell everyone our intentions!

<Dekim>: Get those cameras in position and get Relena in there! Can you tell the guy next door to lower it down a bit?

<MarieMian knocks>: Excuse me, Mister Bajina...can you lower your voice a bit..?

<Quattro>:...and the Titans must be...hey, this isn't my series! (Poof!)

<Director>: 3.....2.....1.....rolling...

<MarieMia>:Citizens of Earth!

[PISCES]

<Trowa>:That's MarieMia...my 'cousin'...

(MarieMia chatter in the background)

<Heero>:Relena's there too...

(Relena looks sombre)

<Wufei>:Can you track the transmission?

<Scorpion>:Yes. It's coming from Luxembourg...so is Miss Dorlain's beacon.

<Une>:Then that's where we're headed. Hm?Otto?

<Otto puts hand on Une's shoulder>:We gotta talk.

<Une>:What about?

<Otto>:That kid on TV...she can't be Barton's daughter...

<Une>:I know....she's Trieze's....

<Otto>:....and Treize was with you....( looks out the window)

<Une>:Your point being?

<Otto>:Um....what I meant was...

<Une smiles>:Otto...I'm not her mother, if that's what you think....

<Otto does a little finger count>: Phew....but still, if she's Treize's daughter,then how did she end up there...?

<Une>:You don't know this, but someone kidnapped her before the White Fang's assault on Earth.....we had to focus on fighting Zechs...there was no time to look for her..when it was all over...(Collapses into Otto's arms)..Treize was dead....(tears fall)and there was nothing I could do...

<Otto holds Une>: Wasn't your fault,Une....we'll get her out, I hope...

<Quattre>:You hope, Otto?

<Otto points to TV>: Listen to her...if I didn't know better, she's actually leading the MA...look at her eyes, Winner...

<Duo>:Yeah,looks like she means business,too....

<Otto>:Hence we might have to kill her too....

<Noin>:You can't! She's just a little girl...

<Otto>: Right...a little girl....

<Trowa>: It started with that man over there...Dekim Barton.....it was he who started Operation Meteor, and he wants to end it,too....

<Scorpio>: Enough...everyone to your Mobile Suits...nav shows we're arriving in an hour. Move it!

(Preventers and Gundam Boys rush to hangar)

<Scorpio holds Zechs back>: Not you, Marquise.

<Zechs>:Hmrmm...

<Scorpio>:"Preventer Wind" my ass.What should I call you now, Milliardo or Zechs?

<Zechs>:Call me what you like....I don't care anymore....

<Scorpio>:You and me...we've dragged ourselves through the mud enough.....and now you're back....

<Zechs>:Things have changed...you're back as well. But you still have your mask on.

<Scorpio>:It'll stay on. Otherwise you and Noin will lose the will to fight.

<Zechs turns around>:What do you mean? If it's about Walker, Noin convinced me to put it behind me.....wasn't easy though.

<Scorpio>:So forget about me then. I thought I'd have disappeared by then too...but circumstances have dictated otherwise...if I ever return to Earth, Zechs, I don't want either of you to recognize me....who knows, we can even become friends....and no one'll know...

<Zechs>:....just who ARE you?

<Communicade>: We're ready, Boss Scorpion!

<Scorpio runs>:Another time, Zechs....

[FLASHBACK, AT ACADEMY]

<Zechs>: You're kidding me, Walker....

(Walker is standing on Zechs' shoulders)

<Walker>: Just stand, Zechs! The dorm girls are coming!

<Zechs>:15 minutes and we switch places.

<Walker>:What about Noin? Won't she get jealous?

<Zechs>:She's at that instructor training gig, remember?

<Walker>:Oh baby....Zechs, if only you could see this...

(Flashlight goes on Zechs)

<Guard>:Hey! Who goes there?

(Girls in dorm scream, Walker falls off)

<Guard>:Face down, pervert! Wait'll the Sarge hears about this...

(Frying pan whacks guard)

<Zechs>:You really did it this time.....(searchlights focus)

<Walker>:Back to the bunk!

(They run and jump behind trashcans)

<Guard>: This way!

<Walker, whispering>:Hey, they've seen my face...what do I do?

(A Zechs helmet rolls by)

<Walker>: Hey...

<Zechs>:Use this!

(Walker puts it on)

<Guard>: You! In the Mask! Have you seen a couple of perverts run this way?

<Walker>:Uh...(Imitates Zechs)..No....uh..just doing the rounds, nothing else!

<Guard>: Keep a look out!

(The alarms stop)

<Walker removes helmet>: Here...Zechs?Are you alright, pal?

(Zechs stares at his helmet)

<Walker>:Thanks for the helmet....hey, what's wrong?

<Zechs puts helmet on,looks at Walker>:You're the first person to see my face in a long time....

<Walker>:Oh, yeah....oops? Sorry Zechs...I know how much that helmet means to ya...but why didja give it to me?

<Zechs>: Because I can trust you...

<Walker>:Trust me...?

[FLASHBACK OVER]

<Scorpio>:We're over Luxembourg, and we have the element of surprise! We're gonna finish them now! Before they can resupply!

<Otto>:Preventers, follow my lead.

<Scorpio>:Quattre, you lead the Gundams. I'm going to go in with Zechs to look for their base.

<Duo>: No sweat, boss. Riding off into battle again, eh Quattre? Just like old times!

<Quattre>:I guess so...

<Wufei>: They'll come at us fast! Why don't we get to the TV studio first?

<Trowa>:We'd be striking the head from the monster. Not a bad idea.

<Otto>:Giving you two pants to wear was a good idea. That's a super idea. Leave it to Heero and me. You guys hold up long enough for us to find Relena.

<Crimson>:I'll hold the line in Cancer II.

<Gang>: Ikimaaaas!

(Mobile Suits skydive out of Pisces)

(Otto prepares to jump)

<Otto>:Gerenimo!!!!

(Wing Gundam Z transforms, flies side by side with Wing Zero)

<Heero>: Why am I coming with you?

<Otto>: Because you're fast, and I'm more photogenic!

[TV STATION]

<Relena>: What's that rumbling?

<Dekim>:And furthermore, I want a condo near the beach...hey! I haven't finished!! Why are you all running?

<MarieMian>:Sir! We're being attacked by the Preventers!

<Marie>:Sound an evacuation! We're headed for the underground Bunker...and Relena, come with me!

<Relena>:No!

<Marie holds gun>:Yes! Guards, take her to the emergency exit!

<Relena kicks and screams>:Lemme go!

(Debris falls)

[OUTSIDE]

<Duo>: Shinegami, in the house! (Scythes a Leo)

<Quattre>:Looks good...think we took the bulk of them out in Sanq Kingdom....

<Trowa>: There's still some left...

<Otto transforms to MS mode>: Out! Out! All you soap opera stars,comedians, get OUT! get OUT! Pro wrestlers, get out!

(Scared people run out of building)

<Otto opens cockpit,Loudspeaker>:Hey, Dekim Barton! We have the place surrounded! You can't win!

<Heero>:Relena's signal...she's moving!! (Deactivates Twin Busters) Otto, she's underground!

<Otto>:Copy that. Zechs, Scorpio, follow that signal!

<Zechs/Scorpio>:Gotcha! (look at each other) Naaah..

(Tallgeese III and PS fly low)

<Zechs>: Whoa! (A beam flies past)

(Scorpio charges the Serpent)

<Zechs ducks>:Damn, they're covering their escape...but to where? (Rolls)

<Quattre>:They're breaking off...but to where?

<Heero>: They're all headed towards that mountain...

<Trowa fires>: What?....(shots bounce off an invisible wall)

<Quattre>:The signal's coming from below you, Lady Une!

<Une>:Right! (Raises scimitar)

<Otto>:Une...?

(Jauhara Gundam stabs into the ground, train is cut in half)

[UNDERGROUND]

(Guards are thrown about in the subway carriage)

<Dude>: Cmon, Relena! Let's get the heck outta here! (takes Relena's hand)

<Relena>: Barton's car is still rolling to the bunker...we don't have much time before they find out!

(Gundam hand punches a hole in the ground, Relena and the Dude walk in)

<Une>: Good work, Heero!

<Relena looks up>:Heero??

<Heero>:Relena. Duck.

(beam flies overhead)

[OVERGROUND]

<Duo>: All clear,folks. They've retreated to that hill over there....

<Trowa>: A tactical retreat,no doubt. They probably will try to contact their space forces...

(Buster beam fires, Planet Defensor blocks)

<Otto>: Shitze! If he contacts that Snake Squadron...

<Wufei>: I think only Cobra is left. There's that Mobile Doll that went missing,though.

<Une>:Back to the Blue Castle,people. We need to rethink strategy. That barrier is too strong for any of our weapons...

(Pisces stops firing, only smoke comes out)

<Crimson>:Trowa, no photon bullets?

<Trowa>: I removed the weaponry before launching Heavyarms into the Asteroid. These arms come from the Moon base.

<Scorpio U turns>: Back to the castle, then....we gotta get Relena and that other guy to terra firma.

(Suits boost up)

[OUTER SPACE]

(Gemini's loom over the atmosphere)

<Lieutenant>:Sir....you can't be serious!

<Bonaparte smiles>: Yes, I am. Sixteen mark V warheads...ready for launch from this very ship.

<Lieutenant>:Why? There'd be nothing left......

<Bonparte>:Exactly.

<Lietenant>: Sir! *BANG*

(Lieutenant falls to the floor)

<Bonaparte>:Only you and I, dear Gemini.....only you and me understand....and I will launch these missiles toward the home of the very man that humiliated me....Treize Kushrenada!!

(Lock on sounds commence)

<Bonaparte>:You may be dead, Kushrenada....but these nukes will wipe your pitiful castle out of existence....the last sign of your arrogance! Your "Specials" indeed...HAH!

(Silence, as he is the only one on board at all)

<Bonaparte>:HmmHm..haha..HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(Warheads begin loading automatically)

*WARNING, HOSTILE CRAFT APPROACHING, COUNTDOWN DELAYED*

<Bonaparte>:WHAT?? Computer, show image!

(Aquarius firing blasts, Toruses firing Vayate cannons)

<Bonaparte>:Vayate cannons...the Space Scorpions?? Launch Mobile Doll Leos and Tauruses!!!

(Gemini's launch bays open, the Dolls come out)

<Puru 1>:You're crazy, right?

<Puru 2>:Shaddap and fire! We can't let them land!

<Nagaki>Crazy enough to work! But that Gemini over there isn't on a landing vector...

<Sylvia>: Three kids, a phys ed teacher and a bunch of ragtag ex-scavengers....MUST be crazy....

[ANOTHER GEMINI]

<MA>:Hey, Cobra! Get your ship down there fast! Cobra?

<Naviagtor>:No answer, sir! We're landin-

(Gemini explodes, Bonaparte's Gemini destroyed it)

<Bonaparte,stark raving mad>:Don't ruin my chances now,you fools!!!

(Aquarius is rocked)

<Puru 1>:Damn! We can't hold on like this...hey,is that...

(Something boosting in from the distance)

<Nagaki>:It's that newfangled Mobile Suit your granpa assembled!

<Sylvia>:Concentrate on the fight, people!

<Silver shoots down a Taurus>:What is this?

<Puru>: Uncle Bob!

<Nagaki raises eyebrow>:Bob?

(Scorpio mk III fires misiles at Gemini ship)

<Sylvia>:The computer's going nuts! The ship over there....it can't be.....Granpa! It's launching nukes!!!

[ON EARTH]

(Pisces lands)

<Relena hugs Heero>: Heero!! *blushes* uh....

<Meryl>:A message from the Aquarius!

<Scorpio>:Nukes? How many?

<Puru 1>:Three! Headed your way!!!!

<Scorpio grabs Zechs>:Come on! We're the only ones fast enough to reach it!!!

(Tallgeese III and PS boost up again)

<Heero closes cockpit>: Aiming Buster rifle at missiles.

<Relena bats his hand away>:No, you'll shower fallout all over the place!!

<Heero>:....

<Relena>:Wow, you and me in a closed place ,all alone....tee hee hee...

(Heero tries to smile, but sweats instead)

[SPACE]

<Bonaparte>: 5....4...3...2...1...wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!

(Three nuclear missiles fire from Gemini)

<Bonaparte>: Re-load launching tubes.

(Missiles flare up and start to burn up)

<Scorpio>:Going...too....fast......but...we gotta stop the....missiles!!

(PS shakes)

<Zechs>:I got ...a heart...attack...the...last...time...I did this!!!

(Tallgeese III's horn breaks off)

<Scorpio>:There it is! I've found one missile!! (target computers sound)

(Throws manriki gusari at its thrusters)

<Scorpio>: That'll mess up it's guidance...it's headed toward outer space,where it'll run out of fuel.

<Zechs>:Found the other one!! (heat rod cuts missile in half, Tallgeese catches and throws away the warhead)

(Third missile shoots by)

<Zechs/Scorpio>:Damnit!!! (Both Mobile Suits reach for the missile)

<Otto>:Wing Gundams , to the rescue!

(He is carrying Deathscythe and Heero is carrying Nataku)

<Duo>:This is our stop! (Otto lets go)

<Nataku>:I can disarm this...I think! (Heero lets go)

<Relena>:They're gonna try disarm it? Heero...?

<Heero>:I can't do it. I dont know the codes. Wufei does.Besides, I have another role to play.

(Wing Gundam Z and Zero swing round)

[ON THE MISSILE]

<Wufei hops out of Altron>: Ok, to find the missile control panel!

<Duo>:The Hyper Jammer is at maximum output! We can't blind this thing for long!!!

<Wufei presses some numbers>: Here goes nothing!!!

(Warhead twists open, Missile tips to one side)

<Duo flies up>: Wufei and I are done here! Your turn, Otto!

(Altron grabs the warhead before it drops with its dragon claws)

<Otto>:Right, Heero!

(Double Twin Buster attack!!!)

(Missile Explodes)

[OUTER SPACE]

<Bonaparte>:DAMN YOU!! Computer, prepare all launch tubes!! ALL SIXTEEN! We're going to launch all at once!!

(Warheads all stick out)

<Pisces>: Sixteen launches detected!!We can't stop them all!!!

<Dude >:What do we dooo????(Faints)

<Scorpio>: Sixteen..???

(Scorpio mkIII charges in)

<SIlver>:Takes an old man to save your butts yet again, Scorpio!

<Scorpio>:Silver??

<Silver points to Bonaparte>:Hey, you in the ship!! What the hell do you think you're doing???

<Bonaparte>:I know your voice...but it can't be!

<Silver unmasks>:It's me. Noventa.Your former commander.

<Bonaparte>:Well, nick my britches and call me Poochie....Bob! You're just in time to witness our greatest triumph!

<Noventa>:Triumph? What do you mean? You were going to nuke the world!

<Bonparte>:Starting with Treize Kushrenada's house!! Come, join me!

<Noventa rememebers his duel with Treize>: Hell no!

(Weapons short out): OH DAMN!

<Bonaparte>:You have no choice , Bob.

(beam saber extends)

<Noventa>:Hell no! (boosts towards Gemini)

(beam saber gets longer)

<Bonaparte>:Hey!!

(Scorpio mk III slices down and cuts off the warheads just as they stick out out of the tubes)

<Noventa>: My beam saber's wasted! (throws it away)

(Gemini spilts open, Libra cannon pokes out)

<Bonaparte>:Thought that was my only weapon, traitor?

<Noventa>:Chaaaarge!I Field!

( Scorpio mk III boosts right into cannon barrel, using I Field)

<Bonaparte>: Fire!!!

BOOM! The Gemini explodes, with Bonaparte's mad laughter in the background. Scorpio is yelling out his friends name.

<Scorpio>:NOVENTA!!NOVENTA!!

<Zechs>:Noventa?

<Noventa,in core fighter>: Hello, Phantom.

<Zechs slouches in seat sweating>:N-n-n-oventa......

next chapter