ENDLESS WALTZ:SCORPION FEVER CHAPTER 12

 

 

Silver Scorpion (a.k.a Noventa) surprises everyone by returning to Earth. His identity revealed, his presence makes the Preventer contingent very uneasy, as Une,Zechs and Noin all had parts to play in the New Edwards assasination.Heero is also wary. Noventa and Otto get into a fight over Noventa's treatment of Une,but Mardyev manages to stop the fight.Master Fuhai and the Shuffle Alliance appear,and warn (those of them who can see them) of Urope's threat in outer space. Scorpio is forced to decide to attack Dekim immediately,before Urope arrives. While the assault continues, Urope makes his move...a colony drop right on the battlefield!!!

[BATTLEFIELD]

(Serpents run for their base, Gundams stare up)

<Duo>:Whoa...that's one big colony.....

<Wufei>:Seems we can't do anything about it...damn!!Why don't I have great grandpa's powers!?!

<Heero>:If it crashes....(imagines the devastation)

<Trowa looks at Quattre>: No time to do anything....

<Quattre shakes>:No, how can this be?!?

<Trowa>:Look out! (fires above SandRock, at Miss Mobile Doll)

<Zechs>: Can you catch me, Doll? What the hell is that..???

(colony draws ever closer to critical intercept point)

<MMD>: That, is my Master's great plan! With this colony...the Earth will be laid barren!!

<Zechs>:Why? Why destroy the Earth!? What do you have to gain?

<MMD>:You tell me, Milliardo Peacecraft! (eye sparkles) I know everything about all of you...your dark pasts....your liasons with the devil...that is why you must die!

(HeavyArms fires at MMD, MMD twists and turns)

<Trowa>: That is one fast Mobile Suit!!

<MMD>:I know you!! You're the one who killed the real Trowa Barton! Accessing.....(Stops, weaves through DeathScythe and Nataku trying to double team it)

[SOMEWHERE ELSE ON THE BATTLEFIELD.....]

<Scorpio>: I have no idea what to do!!Come on, download!!Give me something!! (slams left arm)

(Jauhara arcs the Rising Bow up)

<Otto>: It's too big for the Rising Arrow!! (Jauhara glows)

(Dekim's base doors all close-only the good guys are left outside)

[IN SPACE]

(Pisces is retreating, MSes are falling back)

<Nagaki>:This is really stupid.... those ...THINGS just keep on coming!

(Bridge is rocked)

<Puru 1 >: Get to Moon Base!

(Pisces and escort boost backwards, firing at the Urope fleet)

<Virgo>: Colony now at critical intercept point, Master....nothing can stop it now. Those in the starship are retreating. Pursue?

<Urope>:Yes. Finish them.

(A horde of Leo,Taurus and Virgoes break off and go for the Pisces)

<Virgo>:You...will...die.

(Three Leos are destroyed in one explosion)

<Sylvia looks backward>: Who?

(Many oddball mobile suits are standing out there, led by a

Shenlong-esque Gundam-it has a dragon helm)

<Master O>:Neo China, at your service! (Destroys Taurus)

<Master Lon in Mandala>:We cannot stand by and let this happen again! Ow, my back...

<Master O>: If you took my Dragon Gundam, then your back wouldn't hurt so much!

<Nagaki>:Whoo hoo, another Gundam....

<Puru 2>: Unca Noventa told us Sai Xi had his Gundam's insides made into a statue...that's it! I never knew they'd actually dig it up...

<Doktor J in spaceship>:Stop pushing, guys!! There's enough room for all of us!

<Professor G>:I wanna press the fire button!

(Their spaceship staggers through the battle zone)

<Instructor S>: I can't see over the dashboard!

<Instructor H>: WHAT? But you're driving...

[ON EARTH]

(Jahuara kneels)

<Otto>:I gotta do something....but what?

<Scorpio runs to Jauhara>: Come on, Otto!! The Aquarius and Cancer II are trying to slow it down, we have to stop the colony!

(Wing Gundam and Wing Zero Gundam boost up)

<Une>: Otto! What's wrong?

<Otto>: I don't know what to do....(sweats)....how do I stop an entire colony..???

(PS flies up)

(In the air, Aquarius and Cancer II are firing non stop at the colony)

(Wing Gundam flies back down, Une runs to Otto's cockpit)

<Une opens cockpit>:Otto, what's going on!?

<Otto>: I don't know what to do.....Scorpio destroyed Libra, not me...I'm in this Gundam and yet I can't do anything...

<Une>:Now is not the time to act helpless-hey, what's that?

(Une notices the ZERO system box in his chair)

<Une>:My God...you told me you took it out....you never told me you put it in here!!!

(Une tries to tug the box out,but it's stuck)

<Une cups Otto's face>: Hey, listen to me!!Otto, baby!!It's me, Une!!

<Otto>...Une...I..I can't....I.. (gets slapped)

<Une stares into his eyes>:Snap out of it!!!You're the King of Hearts, remember? Otto!!

<Otto>:King...of ..Hearts...?? (Jauhara changes glow from green to yellow)

<Une>:Yeah, the King of Hearts....and I'm your Queen...don't you remember?? God..the tension and the ZERO system must have fried your brain....Otto...

<Otto's eyes glow yellow>: My brain...is fine......

<Une shakes Otto>:Come on, Otto!! Wake up!!! I know you can, come on, Otto!Otto.....

[IN THE AIR]

(Colony drops further, Aquarius sidesteps, Cancer II still firing)

<Mardyev>:Damn this colony....!!!!

(DX Cannons fire madly)

<Heero>: It seems to be guided by some sort or external force....

[TROWA'S SIDE]

(Sai Xi pops up in Wufei's cockpit)

<Sai Xi>:Hey! Help the King of Hearts out there!!

<Wufei>:I'm a little 'busy' now, litle boy! (ducks a fireball)

<Sai Xi>:You don't understand, Urope has a hold on him somehow!! You've got to distract him somehow! You've got Club Ace, right?

<Wufei>: Go away! I don't have any 'Club Ace'!

<Sai>: ??? Then....that Gundam of his... (sees Rising,Nobel and Rose)

 

<MMD>:Talking to yourself, China boy? Hmph! You humans are so petty! One minute you're on one side, the next you're on another!

<Wufei>:Argh!

<Sai>:Shaddap! He's like family! (Moves into MMD)

(MMD stops in mid air -shakes and fizzles)

[IN THE AIR]

<Scorpio>: Heero, you're telling me that the colony is being PUSHED to the ground?

<Heero>:Affirmative (fires blasts).

<Scorpio>: Urope...it must be him!...I got an idea....

(PS flies up to atmospheric edge)

(Urope's eyes open)

<Urope>:I sense the God Gundam...huh? What is that suit...who are you???

<Scorpio presses a few buttons>: Guess who?

(holographs emerge of Domon and Fuhai)

<Urope>:But I have the King of Hearts back on Earth under my control.....eh? I don't understand...but..how did you end up up here...who???

[GROUND]

(Otto's eyes open,he shakes his head)

<Otto>:What the... (Jauhara glows fully yellow, Une closes cockpit)

(Jauhara Gundam points up, arrow is charging)

<Une>:You're doing it!! Otto! You;re doing it!

(In the air, Cancer II flies out of the way)

<MMD>: No!! What is that???Get out of my system!! *bzzZZZZ* Arrkh!!!

(MMD falls to the ground, tries to crawl to Jauhara): Nooo!!!!

<Scorpio>:Uh...I am da King of Hearts!!! (flexes biceps)

<Urope>: Two Kings of Hearts? I cannot accept this....Who is...there!!Over there!!!

(He sees a speck of light down below)

<Scorpio lights God Finger>: I'm over here, dumbass!!!

(Urope looks left and right, speck of light gets larger)

[DA GROUND]

(Rising Arrow grows bigger, Shuffle Symbols are glowing)

<MMD>:NOOOOOO!!!!!!(lunges, but is far away)

<Une closes eyes>: This is bright!!!

<Otto,in a hollowish voice>: We of the Shuffle...will destroy you...once and for all!!!

<Dekim peeks out>: What is that weapon???

<Otto>: Once, we destroyed your empire building plans with our strength.....(Pulls on bow string)...and now...we will destroy you!!!

The Jauhara Gundam lets fly with a gigantic Rising Arrow, englufing the entire colony in the process. It's real target,however, is the force controlling it. The arrow reaches out across the amosphere and people from farway continents even space can see it. Like a spear of light rising from a pool of brilliance ,the Arrow speeds through the skies.

<Urope>:No...this cannot be!!!!! (Light gets closer)

<Scorpio>:It will be!

<Urope>:All I wanted was to survive......to fulfill my...destiny.....MY DESTINY!!!!!!!

(Light completely engulfs the eyes, Urope fleet stops fighting)

[GROUND]

<MMD>: Master!!!!

(Sai Xi disappears, Shuffle logos disappear, Jauhara stops glowing)

<Otto is slumped>: OOooohhh....

<Une>:Otto!! (Holds face) Are you alright!!Say something!!

<Otto>:Une...will you marry me?

<Une>:Of course I will! Just don't....hey.....!!!

(Otto is fast asleep, smiling. Une just tucks her head on his chest)

<Une>:I said yes,my love....

(HeavyArms, SandRock ,Nataku and Tallgeese III stand over Miss Mobile Doll)

<MMD>: Power decreasing.....am I dying???

<Trowa>:I shot you twice. My missiles finished you.

<MMD>: Heheh...*spppzt*...It had to be you...the nameless boy...

<Quattre>:But he's Trowa Barton! He has a name!

<MMD>: Quiet, boy. That is not his real name, don't deny it. I have access *bzzzt*to all data files....

<Trowa>: I don't want to hear this. (Points HeavyArms' guns at MMD)

(Wufei swats chainguns away): I want to know, too. Barton told me someone killed his son, Trowa...so just who ARE you?

<Quattre>: Let's leave it alone, guys...

<Zechs>:She's the only one who knows who you are, Barton...God knows what she knows about me....

<MMD>:Your fear...of...fuzzy...dice...

<Noin>:Wow, she knows that too!?

<MMD>:Listen to me, Barton killer. I die now knowing that I am the one and only one *bbbrhkt* Virgo mkIV....I die now knowing who I am...so ...please know who you are.....Triton Bloom...go to your sister Catherine..... go...(eyes lose glow, MMD is lifeless)

<Quattre>:No wonder she loves you so much, Trowa....she IS your sister!!

<Trowa grips his head>:Who is that Triton!?! Who is that!?!?

(The scientists' shuttle crashlands near them)

<Instructor S>: He had amnesia as a boy, from getting hit on the head....

<Doktor J sweatdrops>:I delivered him...oops..

<Instructor H>: Ironically, he returned to the same circus that he accidentaly was abandoned by.... (A little Trowa falling out of a truck, the Trowa we know today walking in with a bag)..not knowing who he was...

<Quattre puts hand on HeavyArms' shoulder>:Now you know....

<Trowa>: I liked having no name...(voice breaking)....it gave me freedom...

<Duo>: (Wow, I haven't had a line at all so far!!)

Names are what people give ya....

<Trowa breaks down>:Now I have to tell Catherine...everything.....

<Wufei sighs>: Even you can cry....how pathetic.....

<Duo>:We know about your wife, Wufei.

<Wufei's face freezes>:What...wife?

<Duo>:Your Master O told us aaaaaall about it on Neo China's launch....

<Wufei>:WHAT?? Where is the old galoot!? (looks into shuttle)

(Split screen, Master O makes faces from outer space)

[SLIGHTLY LATER,I GUESS]

(Otto on a bed, Une stroking him)

<Dorothy>:He gonna be alright, Une?

<Une>:He'd better be....if we're gonna be married!

<Mardyev spits out his drink>: Otto von Bahn,getting married??? Dear God....(raises new glass) ..here's to you going crazy again....*cling*

<Scorpio shuts off screen>: *Sigh*...that base is on full alert now....there are no more entrances..... (joins fingers)

<Noin>: Let's just relax for a bit....we're all tired....

<Zechs sips coffee>:Otto sure outdid himself today....

<Noin eats bagel>:He took the giant leap....

<Zechs>:Nobody could do that lightshow again...

<Noin>:I'm not talking about the lightshow,Zechs...*winks* the OTHER big leap....

<Duo elbow jabs Zechs>:Marriage, FYI.

<Zechs sweats>:Marriage? To a former drill instructor???

<Noin>:Why not? We've been going out like , forever!!! (pokes Zechs)

<Wufei>:Oh, you're dead now, Zechs. (thumbs up to down, Sally laughs)

<Scorpio still staring at screen>: No one needs to bother about me anymore...(smiles)...good...

<Noventa to Purus>: Hey kids, someone wants to talk to you.

<Purus>:Crimson!!

<Mardyev shakes head>: Kostantin Mardyev. Crimson died a looong time ago.

<Purus>:We missed ya, Red Man! And Uncle Bob, someone wants to talk to you...

<Ma Ranieri>: Bob.... (Noventa gulps)...good job. And you finally got rid of that mask....

<Noventa>: Feels nice again, air on my face.....(breathes in)...and nobody's scared of me anymore....

(Everyone sweatdrops):Like we were...?

<Otto walks up to Noventa>:Um....Bob....I was wondering....could you give Une away at the wedding??She asked for you specifically...

(Noventa tiptoes ,Une waves)

<Noventa>:The honour is mine.

<Heero chews a donut>:Funny food ,for a Royal castle....

<Relena eats her donut>: Treize was a strange man....

(Hey, they're sitting on the same bench!)

<Noin>: Hey, Scorpio! Join in!

<Scorpio>:No. I'm looking over the Barton Base...looking for weak spots...

<Noin>:Hey, loosen up a little.....

<Scorpio>:Danke, but no danke....Comprende?

<Zechs>: Even fighters need to rest, Scorpio...

<Scorpio>: Zechs,no. Leave me alone.

<Noin spins his chair around>:You're tired! I can hear it in your voice! If it wasn't for that damn mask of yours,I'd se the bags under your eyes! Speaking of which....why are you wearing your mask,anyway?

<Gundam pilots>:Yeah....who are you??

<Baikonur Scorpions stick to vow>:We don't know.

<Noventa>:I really don't know. I;ve seen his face, but I don't know.

<Une>:Come on, Scorpio...no more secrets...who are you?

<Trowa>:Everyone knows who I am....who are you?

<Dorothy>:It's not fair to everyone else,Scorpio!

<Scorpio breathes in>:Alright, I'll tell you....give me room...

(gang moves aside)

<Scorpio>: Moment of Truth......

(As his mask unscrews, parts of his face are slowly revealed; his nose, his upper cheekbones and then his ears)

<Scorpio>: Sorry,Noin....Zechs.....

next Chapter