ENDLESS WALTZ:SCORPION FEVER CHAPTER 13

 

The evil that is Urope has finally been removed from existence by Otto von Bahn, the last King of Hearts. This frees up the Preventer/Gundam/Scorpion force to end Dekim Barton's assault back on Earth.Since Barton has holed himself up in a mountain fortress,everyone takes advantage of the stalemate to relax.Otto tells everyone he intends to marry Lady Une,while everyone else renews old aquaintances. Phantom Scorpio, the only Scorpion not to unmask yet,stays out of the festivities to focus on the attack plans. Noin asks him to ease up,but ends up questioning his reluctance to remove his mask. Everyone gangs up on Scorpio....will he take it off?

[BLUE CASTLE]

<Noin>: We're finally gonna find out....

<Quattre>: ....who kicked Zechs' butt at Barge....

(Screws slowly spin out)

<Zechs>:....and fought me to a standstill many times....

<Sally>:...helped us in China....

(Screws fall to the ground)

<Scorpio>:It's off for good now...do you still want to know?

<Noin/Zechs>:We do.

<Wufei>:I want to know,too. Duo, why're you looking at him like that..?

<Duo,to himself>:Hilde told me who he was....they won't believe it!

<Duo>:Nothin!..uh..Nothin!

<Noventa>:Enough melodrama,Scorpio. I want to know who was responsible for rescuing me from OZ.

(Scorpio stares at Noventa)

<Scorpio>:OK, I think you all deserve to know....I'm -

 

*blaaark*blaaark* (red alerts sound)

<Otto looks at screen>: It's Dekim's forces! They're launching a counter attack!!

(dives for cover as Serpent destroys column)

<Noin>:Everyone get to your Mobile Suits!! Scorpio, we'll deal with you la-oh, God....

(His helmet lies on the floor,still jiggling)

<Zechs>:He's gone....like a phantom...again! Never mind, come on! (runs to hangar)

[OUTSIDE]

(Gundams launch out)

<Wufei>:We'll finish them then! (launches dragon claws)

<Duo>:Let's go, DeathSchythe buddy! (BatWings open)

<Heero>:Mission accepted, target in sight. (Wing Zero Custom boosts up)

<Trowa>: We'll take it to them this time.Before they get any further.

(Chain guns spray into the melee)

(Preventer units launch out)

<Noin>:Not as many as before...but enough! (fires beam cannon)

(Tallgeese III steps on Serpent)

<Zechs>:Something's not right here....they're not advancing despite having superior numbers...

(notices Serpents not moving past their front line)

<Noin>:What are they waiting for???

<Wufei>: Who cares, woman? (destroys two Serpents) We'll just destroy them first!!!!

<Trowa>: They're not moving indeed....why, I wonder...a new battle tactic?It can't be...not like that...

<Quattre>:What's wrong, Trowa?

<Trowa>:Something's not right.....notice that we're not moving either....and they're all around us....

<Quattre>:They're setting us up for something.....!.

[DEKIM'S BASE]

<MarieMia>:Are you sure this will work?

<Dekim>:Trust me, granddaughter.... we'll eliminate all those troublesome Gundams this way.... (looks up at mountain top)

<MA>: Ready for deployment, sir.

<Dekim>:Well done. In a short few moments the Mariemia Army will overrun Earth!!

[BATTLEFIELD]

(Wing Gundam zooms around,firing)

 

<Une>:How did so many people join up? (fires Buster)

<Otto in Jauhara>:They gotta dig the shorts....hasta be the shorts...

<Duo>:Hafta say I agree with you there, Otto. Wufei?

<Wufei>:....I want pants.I want pants now!!!! (twirls naginata)

<Duo>:Relax...Sally might knit you some...*wink*

<Wufei,flabbergasted>:Let's just concentrate on the Serpents.....*sigh*

(White Torus shoots through some Leos)

<Noin>:Hey,they're running!! (Whacks a survivor)

<Zechs>:Appears so....

<Heero>:They're not running away from us.

<Quattre>: Then who?

[DEKIM'S HQ]

(Two massive guns poke out of the mountain)

<MA>:Capricorn guns online, sir.

<Dekim>:Very well....aim dead center of the battlefield.

<MA>:But sir, our men are still there too!

<Dekim>: Just DO it!Or do you want to be in the battle too?

<MA runs out the door>:Mommmyyy!!!!!

<Dekim>:You want something done right...(pulls lever)...do it yourself!

(Guns chug and spit)

<Mariemia>:This doesn't sound like such a good idea,grandfather...

<Dekim>:Silence,child...this weapon can eliminate all of them in one blast....

<Mariemia grips Dekim's hand>:No! I wanted to control them, not destroy them! By them I mean the people in the city! Your blast will kill them all!!

(people running from the battlezone with their belongings)

<Dekim swats Mariemia off>: Silly girl.

(Capricorn guns fire one salvo)

<Mariemia>:Why did you do that...???You're genocidal!! I should have listened to Relena....

<Dekim>:Rather late for regrets,Mariemia!

<MarieMia>: Grandfather!!!I can't believe I'm related to you! I just wanted to- (is slapped by Dekim)

<Dekim>:Don't start with me. You mean nothing to me, just like your father Treize!!! Like him, you were a tool for my conquest! MINE! You have no authority at all over me!What you want....it does not matter what you WANT! You are just my puppet!

<Mariemia cries>:Grandfather....(wipes blood from mouth)

<Dekim sees the blast>:Good...it should reach the castle in a few minutes....

[BLUE CASTLE]

*breep*

<Une>:What is that light on the horizon?

<Duo>:Some kind of...(pushes Leo off)...energy reading! (slashes Serpent)

<Wufei>:It's coming from Barton's base!!!

(Beam arcs toward Blue Castle)

<Trowa>:We can't get away!!!!!

(beam closes in)

<Quattre>:What are we gonna do??

<Serpent pilots>:Yaaaaa!

(Another giant beam blocks the continuous Capticorn beam)

<Mardyev in Cancer II>: Get out of the area!!!

(Aquarius and a descending Pisces join the beam attack)

<Heero>:We can't stop that beam from following us! (points Buster Gun at beam intercept and fires)

(DX Cannons fire, several beams join the intercept, including some from Serpents)

<Duo>:Why are you...

<Serpent>:We don't want to die like this!! (fires beam)

(Tauruses join in with beam weapons)

<Meryl>:Their beam is getting bigger!!! We can't hold it for long!!!

(Tallgeese III fires Hyper cannon)

<Zechs>:This beam is the creation of a sick mind.....no offense, Mardyev...

<Mardyev>:I did NOT design this....(light washes over) This weapon seems to have the powers of a Libra...

<Heero>:The beam is getting closer!!!!

<Otto keeps firing>:No use!!! We're gonna....

[DEKIM's BASE]

<Dekim witnesses>: Yes, in a few minutes they'll all be gone. And I will be left to rule. Just like I planned three years ago.

<MA>:Sir...you should see this.... (punches up an image of protesters ransacking the power plant)

<Dekim>:What's gotten into them?

[POWER PLANT]

<Relena>:We may not be soldiers, but we have to make our own peace! We can't let people fight for us anymore!

<People rip out wires>:Yes!

<Relena>: The People deserve peace.....but they have to make it on their own! (bazookas a tower)

(People do all sorts of things, from setting fire to circuitry to robbing TV sets)

[BATTLEFIELD]

<Mardyev>:We're winning...I think!! The beam's getting narrower!

<Zechs>:We'd better! My gun is running out of energy...

<Trowa>:We're all almost running on empty....

[DEKIM'S BASE]

<Dekim>:Power levels are dropping! What's wrong!?!?

<MA>: The power plants...they're being attacked by..civilians!

(Protesters kick apart another power plant)

<Dekim>:Greenpeace!?!?! I made $50,000 in donations to them last year....how could they???

<MA>:Power plants 1 through 6 have been compromised, sir...

(Pro wrestlers push aside a transformer, while comic book superheroes destroy another)

<Dekim>:Who the heck is rallying the world against me???

(Hippies spray paint a substation)

<Relena looks into Security camera>:You're finished!

<MA>:Sir! Three unknown projectiles heading towards us at Mach 2!!!I'm getting outta here!!!

(MAs run out the door)

<Dekim>:Come back, you cowards!!! Come back!!Arrrgh!!!

(Three Fire balls slam into the Capricorn Gun, wrecking themselves and it in the process....Dekim shields himself)

<Mariemia gets up>:Your plan...it's over, grandad....

<Dekim>:At least I can still kill you...(points gun at Mariemia)

[OUTSIDE]

(Mobile suits gang up on the HQ)

<Une>:I'm going in with Otto! The rest of you, fan out!

(Une ejects and runs into a hallway, passing fleeing Mariemia Army guards)

<Une>:Where is that control room??

<Otto grabs an MA>:Where is it, punk?

<MA points>:Above the stairs..*choke*...door number three....

(Une and Otto run up the stairs, busting doors open)

<Otto>:Guy was wrong...nothing in door 3!

<Une>:Maybe a secret switch somewhere...(feels around)

<Otto>:Lingerie catalogs? (picks one up and hides it in coat pocket)

(Wall flips, Une falls into the control room)

<Dekim turns>:Well,well....Lady Une herself. You're about to witness the execution of your ex-lover's child!

(Man walks in and shoots gun out of Dekim's hand)

<Walker>: No, she will be witnessing your death, Dekim Barton.

<Dekim/Une/Marie>:Who are you?

<Walker>: Good question. *Bang*

(Dekim falls to the floor,bullet hole in his shoulder.)

<Walker stands over Dekim>: War's over,galoot. (cocks pistol) As Heero would say..."Omae wa..korusu.." ..I will kill you.

(Fires at point blank range, Dekim's head is shot wide open,Une shields Marie from watching)

<Walker throws away gun>: I don't have to kill anymore....please tell Heero he doesn't have to either.

<Une>:Y-y-es...

<Walker>:I've avenged Treize for you.

(Otto falls into the room)

<Otto>:Scorpio!

<Une>:Scorpio? That guy is Scorpio?

<Walker>:I'm outta here. (arm grabbed by Otto)

<Otto>:Out to where?

(Walker smirks)

(Gundam Wing team bash in)

<Duo>:Where is he,where is he?

<Wufei>:Barton! Come out wherever you are...oh, there he is...

<Quattre>:Gross...

<Heero walks up to Marie>: It's over....

<Une>:No! Heero...please...you don't have to hurt anyone again....

(Heero drops his gun and faints)

<Relena runs in>:Where's Heero,where's...oh, there he is...is he...dead?

<Quattre>:No, he's just fainted...he doesn't have to kill anyone anymore....I think he's tired....more than any of us...

<Relena smooths his hair>:Oh , Heero....

<Otto whispers to Une>:I know he's not dead.....look at that bump in his shorts...he's really enjoying this! (Une laughs)

<Wufei looks over Dekim>: Don't tell me YOU did this, Lady Une....

<Lady>:No, it was...hey, where'd he go?

<Une>:Never mind.What's important is....it's over....

<Otto>:Over....finally, we can get some rest....Meryl,what's the status on the stragglers?

<Meryl>:They've all surrendered, Otto.

<Millie>: Some are already throwing away their weapons!

<Relena>:I said it before, I'll say it again...I declare this war over!

<Zechs and Noin rush in>:All over already?

<Une>:Yes. Where were you two?

<Noin points thumb at Zechs>:Mister Peanut Bladder here needed to make a pit stop.

(Everyone laughs)

[PREVENTERS HQ, A WEEK LATER]

<Zechs plays ping pong>: Mop ups are complete...now we can have some peace and quiet around here...

<Otto hits ball back>:Business as usual....now I can think about getting married!:)

<Zechs>:You're really going to go through with this?

<Otto>:I was thinking...why not you and Noin...

(Zechs hits ball hard, hits incoming Noin on the head)

<Otto>:Never mind,never mind....

<Noin>:ZECHS!!!! What was that for???

<Zechs>:Uh....where's Sally?

<Noin rolls up her sleeves>:Forget about Sally! Why did you hit a ping pong ball onto my head???

<Otto greets Une>:She's *smooch* looking for Wufei...somewhere in China,I think.

<Une>:That girl's gone to great lengths to keep up with him....she must love him very much....

<Zechs kisses Noin on the head>:There, all better.....

<Noin>:Aw Zechs.....(holds him)

<Otto>:Business as usual....eh, boss....?

[SOMEWHERE IN DA HILLS]

<Walker sits on a hilltop>: Time to go. (watching Aquarius lift off)

next chapter