ENDLESS WALTZ PENULTIMATE ENDING- CHAPTER 15

Okay,okay, I'm finally winding up this saga and I hope everyone's had a great time reading it or even posting it. This is the final chapter in the Scorpion story. If you read the last 14 chapters at least, this'll be the ending for those 14. But if you were gracious enough to read from the start, don't be thrown off by the other names I put in here...since it's a Gundam wedding...I invited all the other Gundam series characters too!

*bows and hits wedding pipe organ* OW!!

[A.C 198, TASADAI HOTEL,AUSTRALIA]

<Relena>: Dude, are you alright?

<Organ Dude>:Yeah, but I'm more worried for the organ...

<Pargan>:The organ's fine, MastaChiLLa....

<Dude>: No problem... I just hope everyone's not going to see a repeat performance tommorow!

<Relena>:Tommorow...yeah..hey, haven't I seen you before somewhere?

<Dude>:Oh,me? Uh...no.

<Relena>:Oh.(notices the author is missing)

[IN THE BACK]

<Noventa pulls up some decorations>:Remind me why I'm doing this....

(paper flies by ,"Noventa wins landslide election!")

<Mardyev pulls the other end>:Because, you need the PR....what if people find out your wife was a big time mobster?? Hey,you two....what the heck do you think you're doing?

<Millie and Meryl in gowns>:Practicing, of course! (pirrouetes) We're gonna be Hilde's bridesmaids! Hey! (thrown a couple of mops)

<Mardyev>:Please change and wipe the dance floor,before somebody spills something on it...

<Millie/Meryl>:Hey, you don't give us orders anymore--whoooaaaa!!

(they slip on some juice spilled on the floor)

<Noventa>:Ooops.

<Mille/Meryl>:Grrrrrrr..... (chuck mop at ladder)

<Mardyev tumbles>:Whoa...whoaaaaaa *crrrash*!

(Noventa is hanging onto the decorations)

<Mille>:Mop your own floor,we're gonna check on the brides to be!

(They run out the door)

<Mardyev gets up>: $#$%@$....(storms off into the back)

<Noventa, still hanging>:Um...help?

[OFFICE]

<Mardyev>: Forgive the interruption, Captain Bright,is everything in order for tommorow?

<Bright Noah,0079 ship captain>: Yes, Mr Mardyev. Everything is ready. I hear my son is coming too.You know, Hathaway ?

<Mardyev>:I know. Just checking.

(Door opens, Zechs almost runs over Mardyev)

<Zechs sweats>:Um, Captain Bright, I'd like to organize...uhm...

<Mardyev rubs head>:A wedding?

<Zechs turns around>:Oh, hello, Konstantin....

<Mardyev>: Not for tommorow, I hope....two couples are already scheduled for tommorow....your bosses Otto and Lady Une, plus Duo Maxwell and Hilde Schrilbeiker...

<Zechs>:That's not good....but please...Noin said yes , and I don't want to waste any more time.

<Bright Noah>: I think we can fit you three couples at the same time...I AM a ship's captain after all....

<Zechs>:Great! (zooms out the door)

<Mardyev>:Why is he acting like a cartoon character?

<Bright>:Because he is?

<Noventa,still hanging!>: Hey, Zechs! Can you help-- *whoosh* Guess not...

[THAT NIGHT...]

(Noin and Zechs walk by the river>)

<Noin rests head>: You finally popped the question...what took you so long, Zechs? Took you a whole year....

<Zechs>: I guess I never had it in me until that day...

<Noin>:At the Tasdai hotel, too...how did you squeeze that busy hotel in for us?

<Zechs>:I hope you don't mind...we're sharing Otto and Une's ceremony....

<Noin>:Right now, I don't care....we can finally build a future...right, Tommy?

(Noin is pushing a pram, baby laughs)

<Zechs>:I wish we could have had that baby after we got married....rythm method my ass....

<Noin>:I wanted him...he's so cute...(picks up Tommy)

<Tommy>: *buurp*

<Zechs looks into the river>: Tommy....(sees image of Walker)...that reminds me, Noin...who's going to give you away? Your dad passed away a long time ago...and Walker...

<Noin stiffens>:I'll just go on my own...who's going to be your best man? Otto's busy, so who?

<Zechs>:I'll just go on my own, then.Like always....

<Noin>:Until tommorow, never again...Zechs...

(Lil' Tommy grins)

[DUO AND HILDE'S PLACE]

<Hilde pirouettes in her gown>:I hope Duo doesn't see this! It's bad luck,you know...

<Sylvia looks it over>:That's old superstition...but it pays to play safe,I guess. But you're only 20...you sure you're ready for this?

<Hilde solemly nods>:Yes, I'm positive...Duo is the one for me...I can't think of anyone who did so much for me and asked so little...

<Sylvia>:You almost died for him, remember?

<Hilde>:And I would again...I'm sorry I sound naive, but I want Duo...and we live together anyways....

<Sylvia shakes her head>: Love makes you silly putty, I guess....

<Purus come in wearing dresses>: How do we look?

<Hilde>: Lady Une will fall in love with both of you.....I wonder where Millie and Meryl are?

<Purus>:Probably fantasizing about their boyfriends...you know, Vash and Darren...Darren's a priest, I wonder why Captain Bright's doing the ceremony??

<Sylvia>:Arkh...Otto has a campy sens of humor...and it's military fashion,anyways....

<Duo comes in with a bandana around his eyes>: Hello, girls...hello, honey! (pecks Hilde on the cheek)

<Hilde covers up>:Duo! Don't come in here! It's bad luck, even if you are wearing that bandana!

<Duo>: I can do anything with my eyes closed...(grins) you of all people should know that...

<Hilde smiles, but pushes him out>: Do it after the wedding, dear Duo!

(Shuts door behind her)

<Sylvia>:You SURE you;re ready?

[SOMEWHERE IN MELBOURNE]

<Une points to Monash Uni>:And that's where I went before enrolling in the Academy...

<Otto>:Never knew you were Australian, Une...

<Une>:Nobody ever needed to know. You're German, right?

<Otto>:My name says it all. You can't see the obvious sometimes...

(Une kisses him)

<Une>: Obvious enough?

<Otto puts arm around her waist>:Come on, you...let's attend my one man bachelor party.

<Une>:One man?

<Otto grins>:One man, one woman, one posh hotel room...*winks* What,you think I'm gonna waste my last night as a bachelor doting over some stripper?

<Une>:Otto...you're so very right. (hold hands, run along the pavement)

[THE NEXT DAY]

(Dude plays the pipe organ-note the big bandage on his forehead)

<Bright tugs collar>: This is my first wedding...

<Hathway>: Want Mafty to bail you out?

<Bright>: Baka! (thumps Hathaway's head) I'm a captain...I gotta do this.(reads 'Conducting Weddings for Dummies')

(Dude and the Narrator take the stand)

<Narrator>: A-H-E-M.

Hello,everyone....today we are gathered here to witness not one,not two, but (at really short notice) three unions of holy matrimony. You all know who's getting married today,it's on the inscription. So as the longtime narrator of this story, I hope everyone here can appreciate the beauty of marriage.After much struggle, Earth is now married to the colonies, man is now married to space. So powerful is the strength of love,that these three couples have chosen to commit themselves to fortify their own unions, through their own struggles and sacrifices. Each has undergone numerous trials and tribulations, often even coming into conflict with one another.

(The guests remember Une & Otto's first encounter,as well as Zechs being stopped by Noin in the Eve wars)

Yet they have survived those hardships. Through friendship and courage, they have shown us the will to believe in the heart again.

Let those among us who also know of its strength acknowledge its effect on everyone here....those who have already walked down this path...

(We see several guests from other Gundam series who have already married by now - Kou Uraki and Nina Purpleton (Stardust Memories),Seabook Arno and Berah Ronah (F91), Shiro Amada and Aina Sakhalain ,Eledore and Karen(08th MS Team) and many,many others)

.....those who might do so...

(We see Sally and Wufei , Dorothy whispers into Quattre's ear)

<Quattre>: Um..yes, I think this is a beautiful reception,too...it's just great that we can all be here...but poor Relena...

(Relena sits on a lonely bench)

<Dorothy>:Relena is a strong girl...just like Heero to disappear like that...leaving the poor girl alone like that...it's almost like abandoning her at her OWN wedding....

(Relena just stares down)

<Dude pushes Narrator aside>: Um, and those who know they will! (gives Relena thumbs up, she smiles a bit)

<Dude to Bright>:I couldn't have written it better....

<Bright>:But you DID write this...

<Dude>:Oh yeah...

[THE PREPARATION ROOMS]

<Otto tugs bow tie>: I can't tie this up.... (tie slips)

<Amuro Ray(0079)>:You kids are so helpless...there...(ties bow properly)

<Otto>:Danke, Amuro....(bow falls again)

<Amuro sighs>: Maybe you'll start a trend...

(Otto is ushered into the wedding hall with Zechs and Duo already waiting)

<Trowa,Duo's best man>:He's finally here.....

<Otto>:Stupid tie....carry on, Dude!

(Dude plays pipe organ again)

The first to enter is Lady Une, with the two delightful Purus by her side, one dressed in green and the other red, while the bride herself has opted for a sleek, ultramodern look, with ribbons flowing in a smooth line down her back. Her favourite flower, the white rose adorns her hair, as well as Otto's corsage. Even through the veil, her glasses are noticable-she is looking down. By her side is World Federation President Elect Noventa, the newly elected Fed President, to give her away.

<Otto>:Beautiful......thanks, Bob...

<Noventa>:No problem....Otto.

<Bright>:So you're giving the bride away?

<Noventa>: Yup. (stands to one side)

<Amuro>:Oh, brother....

(Dude plays another verse as Hilde comes in)

<Duo>:WOW....I knew I shoulda had that bandana off my eyes..

<Trowa>:A wedding gown fit for a princess.

Second down the aisle is Hilde Shrilbeiker, the long time housemate of Duo and the apple of his eye. She refused to wear a veil, now waving to her berothedas everyone looks on.The two former Space Scorpions, Meryl and Mille giggle at the way they're holding her trail (Millie is twice as tall as Meryl-watch Trigun),but continue. Their former leader, Konstantin Mardyev ,a.k.a Crimson Cancer holds Hilde's arm in his as he proceeds to give her away. Unlike past years, when the 'Red Scorpion' only wore a blank, lifeless expression and fought with a cold heart, he now beamed with pride and affection.

<Hilde walks up to Duo>:Hi!

<Duo>:Hell-o...

(They try to steal a kiss, but Hathaway separates them-spoilsport!)

<Hathway>:Do you mind? We're just starting....

<Hilde>:I can wait then...but not too long!!

Now the third couple...*bzzzt*...*shhrk*...hey, what's wrong with this P.A system...

[HALL ENTRANCE]

<Noin>: Everything's fine now, boys...thanks!

<Noin's ex-cadets>:Yes maam!

<Ex-Cadet>:Pardon me, Instructor....but isn't someone supposed to give the bride away?

<Noin>:*Sigh* I'm afraid I'm going solo on this one , boys....

(Ex-Cadets try to volunteer, but Noin chuckles and politely refuses)

<Voice>:I'll do it. It's my job, after all.

(A man steps out of the shadows and stands beside her, Noin stands with her mouth wide open)

[WEDDING HALL]

<Shinta (Z Gundam)>:Haro, get me a cake!

<Fa (Z Gundam>: No cake till after the reception! You too, Qumu!

<Qumu(Z Gundam>:Awww...

(Dude bangs speakers)

<Narrator>:A-H-E-M...

<Zechs,in a tux>:What's going on back there....

The third bride is none other than Preventer Fire herself, Lucerezia Noin. She's dressed in the classic gown, with ribbons and lace all over. Her bridesmaid, Sylvia Noventa gladly holds up her magnificent trail,lined with carnations that lead up to the bride's lining.However, Zechs is more shocked than happy...he cannot believe

who is giving her away!

<Bright>:Who gives this bride away?

<Walker>:I do.

<Zechs, mouth open>:.....

<Bright>: Alright, since we're all here today, let's begin. The Narrator has already given the speech, so I'll get on with the ceremony....Hathaway, please separate couple no.2....

(Duo and Hilde are stealing yet another kiss!)

<Bright>:Alright,NOW we can start..I hope...

<Lady Une>:Please do...

<Bright>: Do you, Lucerezia Noin , Lady Une and Hilde Schrilbeiker pledge to devote your lives and hearts to your respective partners like you already have before now? Do you pledge to always 'work it out' and kiss and make up? (Who wrote these vows..?)Do you accept these men, namely Zechs Marquise , alias Milliardo Peacecraft , Otto von Bahn and Duo Maxwell to be your lawfully wedded husbands respectively?

(Camera switches from one to another, they all say yes)

<Bright>:Do you three guys (I said your names already) pledge to unite your ambitions with that of your beloved?Do you promise never to abandon them,from times of great to almost no need,whatever the circumstances? Do you promise to always cherish your beloved with your eternal joy?Do you three accept these women to be your lawfully wedded wives, to have and to hold,under any insurance plan?

(The guys all say yes)

<Bright>:Then I pronounce all three of you couples...husband and wife! Everyone may now proceed to the reception....

(The couples are still kissing)

<Relena gets up slowly>: They're very happy....

[SLIGHTLY LATER ON]

<Narrator, at a large table>: Now for a few words from the best men and friends of the bride and groom....

<Trowa>:I've been known as the guy who had had nothing to say. But today,I want to talk about Duo Maxwell. I know there isn't much to say that people already don't know, but here goes. Duo was a Gundam pilot with me, Heero, Quattre and Wufei. He stood out because despite his fondess with death,he loved life. That love..has landed him here.

(Quattre gets up,Trowa sits down)

<Quattre>:I can't say I know Duo too well, but I know he loves Hilde too much to ever cause any problems in their relationship. I wish them well, hoping that they can show us all (looks at Dorothy) how we can use our hearts for the right reasons.

<Dorothy>:Beautiful, caramia...

<Wufei>:Normally I would have declined, but I also have to say something. All my life I've known nothing but battle, until recently.Until recently, I've always thought of love as an illusion,an unecessary diversion...thanks to someone...I can think differently now....it's "wife", not "woman".I hope I can learn from society now...

(Quattre raises glass)

<Mardyev stands up>:I want to speak for Otto von Bahn. In the years that we've worked together,I've always been his harshest critic.I always looked down upon him as an emotionally charged fool,always charging into the fire. I saw nothing special in him...until he left us to fight for the World Nation. I saw him fight for a cause he truly believed in. I saw him fight tooth and nail with his strength and courage. At that moment, I began to respect him. And I still do...Das Vadaniya, Otto.

(Mardyev downs a bottle of vodhka)

(Walker stands up, Zechs and Noin are still dumbfounded)

<Walker>:I want to speak for...well, all of us. Scorpion,OZ,World Nation, Alliance. All of us who lied to keep our image. I was one of those people. Ladies and gentlemen....I was Phantom Scorpio.

(Some people gasp,Zechs gets a flash)

<Zechs>:The mask...it fits him perfectly!

<Walker>:Yes, I was Phantom Scorpio, the Moon based terrorist. The one who disappeared after the Eve war. Also, the greatest liar on the face of the Earth. I did not just blindly blame my best friends for turning on the Aliiance, but I also burdened them with the pain of my 'death'.

I made them carry that pain around for close to three years.... Zechs.. Noin...I hope you can forgive me....

<Zechs>:He came back, Noin...for the both of us...

<Walker>:I hope Zechs and everyone else can continue shaping the future in the positive way that they did. Now let's drink!!!

(chugs a large size German beer mug)

[POST SPEECH TIME]

<Kou Uraki (Stardust Memories)>:Ahhh! Carrot stew!

<Roux Rouka (ZZ Gundam)>:Don't like my cooking?

<Judo (ZZ Gundam)>:Don't insult my girlfriend!

<Dorothy goes to Relena>:Hey,you.

<Relena>:Bon giorno, Dorothy......

<Dorothy>:Come on, they're gonna throw the bouquets! With three bouquets, we have a fighting chance! Come on!

<Relena drinks>:No thanks...I don't feel like fighting a hundred women over some flowers...

<Dorothy>:Suit yourself...Dorothy Catalonia Winner, here I come!!! (dives into the pack)

<Relena>:I must be so lame..(twirls straw)...why am I still waiting for Heero? I've screamed endless times over that cliff..."Come kill me, come kill me,"...and yet no answer...

<Hathaway pulls gun>:Intruder!

<Bright slaps his gun down>:It's a guest trying to be adventurous...don't worry!

<Relena>:Maybe I should join Dorothy...

(A yellow rose falls from nowhere)

<Relena>:Thanks, Otto, but....(looks up at balcony)

<Heero jumps down>:Sorry, I had to graduate first.

(shows diploma)

<Heero thinks>:Took me two nights to hack into the central office...but it was worth it!

(We see the Evangelion crew tied up in the school office)

<Relena stares>:Heero!!Is that really....(he takes her hand)..you?

<Heero>: Well...no. The Heero you knew is not here...I'm Heero Yuy before I became Doktor J's student.I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm just like you... a 19 year old with a broken heart...

<Relena>:Who said my heart was broken?

<Heero>:Well, I did disappear for a long time.

<Relena>:It takes a lot more to bring me down...(little tears form as she hugs him)

<Heero>:The truth is...I..I want to love you...but I don't know how...(chuckles)..even Wufei knows now...I'm so embarrassed I never learned..

<Relena>:My mother once told me love can begin on the dance floor...shall we?

<Heero takes her arm>:Milady.

(They head to the dance floor)

[BATTLEFIELD BOUQUET TOSS]

<Dorothy rolls up sleeves>:Come on, Une! Come on! Throw it hard!

<Une giggles>:I can't believe I'm doing this,!! (chucks it over her shoulder)

(The girls move!!!)

<Rosamia Badam (Z Gundam)>:I've got it- oops! (slips away)

<Dorothy>:Outta my face!! (elbows Gigi Andalusia[ Shining Hathaway])

<Haman Khan(ZZ Gundam)>: I have it! HAHA!!!!

(Haman holds it high up)

<Haman>:Oh, Judo....

<Dorothy hisses>:...argh!!! OK, two more...just calm down, Dorothy...you can do it...

<Noin steps up>: Here goes,girls!!

(The bouquet lands short of the pack, they scramble for it)

 

<BeltoChika(Z Gundam)>: Gimme that, Chien! Amuro's mine!!

<Chien (Char's CounterAttack)>:Amuro's MINE!!

<Frau Brow (0079)>:No, he's mine!!!

<Dorothy muscles past Katejina Loos (V Gundam)>: Move!! MOVE!!!!

<Fa Yuiri (Z Gundam)>: I got it!!! Camille!!!I got it!

<Camille Vidan, under a table with most of the guys>: Shhh...

(cameraman hides too- Future Mrs Cameraman is in the pack,too)

<Dorothy takes out spoon>:That's it!!! IT"S WAR!!!!

<Hilde steps up>: Here goes...

(bouquet goes WAYYY over everyone)

[A CORNER OF THE HALL]

<Noin>:Walker...I can't believe you had faked your death to get to us....

<Walker>:I'm ..sorry, Lucy....I was really angry at you for attacking that Nairobi base like that...I felt I couldn't trust you or Zechs at all....

<Zechs>:And then you proceeded to lead an army against Trieze,Dermail and then me...

<Walker>:I don't have anything but regret now that I know the full story...I could never come back after Trieze betrayed Romefeller....

...because I didn't know whose side you were on...Lucy..Zechs..I always thought we were all on the same page, on the same side....that incident at Nairobi shook my trust in you...I should have believed in you more...

<Noin is close to tears>:You sent back your uniform....lillies....the dice,even....you truly made me think you were dead....so it was you...at Trieze's grave....and you...who rescued Zechs from the Libra...why?

(Remembers all those scenes from From The Other Side Of The Coin)

<Walker>:I made a promise...remember the note I stapled to his butt?

<Zechs>:Thank you Walker, for reminding me of that...(rubs bum).

<Walker>: I know I probably can't be trusted now.....eh? WHose baby is that?

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!*

<Nurse>:Sorry, Ms Noin, but little Thomas wants his mommy!

<Walker's jaw drops>:What's his name???

<Zechs puts hand on Walker's shoulder>: Thomas...Thomas Allen Marquise...

<Walker>:Noin...I...you named him after me..??

<Noin>:I wanted to name him after his godfather....even if his godfather wasn't alive to witness it..

<Walker holds the baby>:He;s so cute! (plays with cheeks) Kootchie Kootchie Koo! I'm speechless....I hope he can bring some honour back to my name....don't want him to be ANYTHING like me...

<Noin>:Don't hurt yourself like that, Walker....I want him to be just like you and his father. Comitted,honourable.....trustworthy....loyal..

I can rest easy knowing that both of you will be watching over him. Father and godfather....

<Walker>:Lucy, you make it sound like you were writing your will and last testament....remember our secret handshake?

<Noin smiles>:Yes, I do. The Lake Victoria Three salute.......

<Zechs>: I remember that!

(The kneel and tip their fingers together to make a triangle)

<Walker>:Wow, I feel 24 again ,heheh....

<Zechs>:I feel old..

<Walker kicks Zechs in the shin>:Coz now you can't date anymore!

*WHACK*

(Bouquet flies overhead)

<Noin>:Aaaaaah!!!Stampede!

<Dorothy charges with spoon>:CHaaaarge!!!

<Walker/Noin/Zechs>:???????....!!!!!!!!!

*SPLAT*

<Dorothy grabs flowers>: I got em, I got em!!! Oh no!!! (she is holding the stalk!!)

<Mora Brascht (Stardust Memories)>: I got it!! Keith!!!! Where are you, Chuck Keith???

<Flat Walker>:Can we get out of here to send you two off on your honeymoon? Before I puncture my lung?

<Flat Noin>:Why not....

<Flat Zechs>:Let's slide this way....

(They slide away, 2-D style)

[DUDE'S DESK]

<MasTaCHiLLA>: OK, that's it from me and Gundam Wing! I hope everyone's enjoyed the ride....the one lemon, the odd chapter of the bunch,the format...

I just have one challenge to anyone- they way I described Lady Une in her wedding dress, can anyone draw that and send it to me? Thanks!

hamahas@brunet.bn