ENDLESS WALTZ :SCORPION FEVER

CHAPTER 3

 

Noin has been dispatched towards X-189999,where the Preventers suspect a mobile suit factory is still in place, despite the ban on combat suits. Ironicly,that is where Relena is taking Crimson Cancer to attend a circus opening its act there. Quattre has been invited to Neo China by Ma Ranieri and Dorothy,while the others are yet to appear...

 

[THE CIRCUS]

<Trowa flexes muscles>: That's it, the routine is over! Phew! (wipes brow)

<RingMasta>: One more set, Trowa! The new one you said you'd be using in the show! Come on now!

<Trowa>:Oh, alright. Don't unhook the safety net just yet,Catherine!

(Trowa flips three times in the air and catches the other trapeze rope)

<Catherine claps>:That's my brother Trowa! Always the acrobat...beats having to watch me chucking knives at you,eh?

<Trowa flops onto the net>:I guess. I've got to wash up and get some rest for later. See you at the show,Cathy.

<Catherine unhooks net>:Alright, Trowa!

[BACKSTAGE]

<Trowa wipes head with towel>:Whoa,that RingMasta....he'll make me die young....

(Some spy dudes creep in the background)

<Trowa>:Huh?

<Spy Dude 1>: This section's clear. No Preventers seen, sir.

<Spy Dude 2>: Who'd have thought,a circus in town today,the same day ***mmmph***! (Other spy dude holds his mouth)

<Dude 1>:Shh! Someone's watching us!

(Turns around,gets kicked by Trowa)

<Spy Dude 2 gets out gun>:Who the hell!?

(Trowa punches his lights out)

<Catherine>:Look out, Trowa!

(Trowa turns around, another Spy Dude falls to the floor, a knife in his back)

<Catherine>:My god...what have I done?Trowa? Are you alright?

<Trowa>:We can hide these guys in the trash...let me just see who they are...(examines the dead body)

<Trowa's eyes open wide>:The Barton Foundation...?What are they doing here?

(Trowa holds up a card,and then his flashback starts)

[FLASHBACK]

<Real Trowa>:You want me just to attack OZ? That's lame, Instructor S....

<Instructor>: Operation Meteor is just too destructive.

<Real Trowa>:No, why don't you want to conquer the Earth? We can destroy everyone on Earth and then BOOM! They're there for the taking! (punches his palm)

<Instructor>:No!Where are you going?

<Real Trowa>:Gonna report you to my father!

(Other guy shoots real Trowa)

<Dude>:Sorry...I have family on Earth.....

<Instructor>:Oh damn,you've done it now....

<Trowa walks in>:Maybe I can take his place.

<Dude points gun>:I'll shoot you!

<Trowa>:Shoot me if you want, but I might resist a little.

<Instructor>:Ah,forget it. They'll find out sooner or later anyway...what's your name, boy?

<Trowa>:I have no name....maybe I should take his?

<Instructor>:From now on, you are Trowa Barton then. Take this HeavyArms down and await my orders.

(Trowa looks at HeavyArms)

--FLASHBACK OVER--

[NEO CHINA,IN A HELICOPTER]

<Quattre>:Wow! It truly is a wonder! How did the Lunar people fix it up so fast?

<Pilot>:Rumor is, that Dragon Gundam statue over there started moving and rebuilding the city itself,but nobody knows....

<Dorothy looks thru binoculars>:Wow, I can see the Sai Xi shrine from here!Who was he,anyway?

<Pilot>:Legend says that he was one of the Shuffle Alliance, a legendary group of Gundam users long ago....Master Lon says he was his son,in fact....

<Quattre>:Really? Wow...I could have sworn "Shuffle Alliance" rang a bell...

<Dorothy>:You never told me how you escaped Libra....

<Quattre flashes back>:We were slashing the Libra like crazy.....then a hand came out and next thing we knew,the Maguancs and I were way out there...It sounds crazy,but that's what happenned,I swear...

<Pilot>:Well, that's the tour. Time to land, folks....thanks for flying air Amada...hey look! (points to a ship flying towards the Moon) It's the Pisces! The Jupiter miners are back!They have to be paid really high to go there....

<Quattre>:Jupiter's awfully far away.....who would go to a place like that?

(Shot of Scorpio,counting money)

[THE CIRCUS]

<Noin holds up headset>:Everything's normal here, Zechs....seems there's some buzz about though....ah,a travelling circus is in town.Better be careful not to stand out...everyone is apparently attending....

<Zechs,outside in Tallgeese III>: You do that, Noin....maybe you can use the event to find some information. I'll stay out here ,as usual...

<Noin>:Zechs,people might freak out if they saw the Tallgeese....better you stay there..I can hold up here...don't worry about me!

<Zechs>:Noin...

<Noin>:Zechs..*sigh*..we already talked about this,remember? I'm just as capable as you.....

<Zechs>:Wind out.

<Noin>:Oh,Zechs....

[IN THE BIG TOP]

<Announcer>:Minna-san! We proudly present our star act, Trowa Barton! He performs acrobatics that boggle the mind, with death efying leaps from over 100 feet in the air!

<Crimson>:Does he do weddings and funerals too?

(Crowd around him laugh)

<Relena giggles>:Crimson,come on, give Trowa a break.....and can you please take your Sunglasses off? People are staring...

<Crimson>:No can do,boss. The shades stay on,period.

<Relena>:Is your secret identity that important?

<Crimson>:I don't want it anymore. It's something I want to forget....

<Relena>:You can't be that bad...

<Crimson>:You don't know me that well, Relena....now let's watch the show...you comfy, Purus?

<Purus in front of them>: Sure, Crimson! Hey you, jerk! Quiet! The show's about to start! (Throws popcorn at the guy in front of them)

<Geremi>:Heyyyy!!

Trowa comes out, performing his amazing acrobat routine,featuring roll after roll, somersaults and flips all around. The Scorpion known as Crimson Cancer,however,is not listening....

<Crimson>:I can't be that bad,huh....

[FLASHBACK (AGAIN?WELL,THE SHOW IS FULL OF EM!)]

<Academy drill sergeant>: Cadets! The R&D people are performing a field test on some new equipment nearby, Mobile Suits, they call them.

<Walker whispers to Noin>: Is that psycho Mardyev coming,Noin?

<Noin>:You're asking the wrong woman,Walker....

<Zechs>:Shhh!! He'll hear us-

<Drill Sergeant>:YOU THREE! Front and center!!

<Zechs>:You done it now, Walker....

<Noin>:Sir?

<Sergeant>:Since you're soooo intrested,you can help the R&D people set up! Their test is going on at 0100 hours, so you better be ready!!

<Walker>:What about my beauty sleep???

<Noin barks at him>:Your fault, you idiot!

(later,near midnight,some Mobile Suits are being set up)

<Mardyev ticks off some items>:Good work, cadets. The Cancer test will commence soon,so get into the bunker.

<Zechs>:Sir, what about you?

<Mardyev glares at Zechs>: I said,get back.

(Walker grabs Zechs and pulls him in)

<Walker>:We're in, sir!

The prototype Cancer fires its rockets,which hit the targets perfectly....well,most of them. Two stray rockets soar hopelessly above the target,landing in a nearby village. Noin runs out of the bunker,followed by Zechs and Walker. Medical vans run in and out of the village,carrying the wounded. Noin spots a child trapped underneath some rubble...

<Noin>:Hang on! I'll get you...Zechs,what...(He has his hand on hers)

<Zechs>:She's dead, Noin...nothing more we can do....

<Walker>:Noin??Where you going, Noin!? Wait up!! (chases jeep)

(Jeep stops near Mardyev)

<Noin>:Sir, your missiles just hit a village! Many casualties!!

<Mardyev>:Indeed? My,my,the guidance system must be shot....

<Noin>:What about the wounded, sir??

<Mardyev, nose up>:Wounded? My dear, we design weaponry to hurt people. I think it did its job,judging by the impact craters,very well,even if it was accidental. i'd say 100% effect.

<Noin>:You....you look as if you don't care!Little children died over there!

(Mardyev turns on Noin and shoves the clipboard at her)

<Mardyev>:I don't. Children are like anyone else. Cannon fodder for adults like us. Live with it, Cadet. Ensign! The test was succesful! All the missiles suceeded! (Waves at another guy)

<Noin>:You...you bastard! (tries to punch him,but Walker and Zechs hold her back)

<Mardyev>:Hmph. Then we'll conduct the Aries test somewhere else....I can't work with bothersome sentimentals like you.

(Mardyev gets into his own Jeep and goes away)

<Noin>:Bastard!!Child Killer!!!

----END FLASHBACK---

<Crimson hangs head>:Child Killer......

<Relena>:Are you alright, Crimson.....?Can I get you something?

<Crimson gets up>: I need to take a walk...watch the girls for me,please?

<Relena pauses>:Uh, ok, Crimson....

(Crowd applauds Trowa)

<Purus>:Wow! That Trowa can really bounce! He's good,huh,Miss Relena?

<Relena>:Yeah! But I heard Catherine's knife throwing act is scarier!

<Purus>:Yeah,wow!!

(Outside, Crimson notices Noin snooping around the sideshow)

<Crimson>: A Preventer,here? hmmm....

[BARTON COLONY]

<Dekim>: Are the agents in place?

<Spy Dude>: Yes. Our agents have infiltrated the circus crowd. Proceeding with step two.

(Camera focuses on Relena)

<MarieMia>: Soon, we'll have everything in place.....for our victory!

<Dekim>:Carry on,then.

(Agents nod)

[THE CIRCUS]

(Catherine and Trowa take a standing ovation)

<Purus>:yayyy!!!

<Agent creeps up behind Relena>: Xcuse me...(holds a handkerchief over her face,she struggles, but the chloroform knocks her out)

(The crowd doesn't notice as Relena is dragged away)

<Purus>:You were right,Miss Relena! The dual act was superb! Miss Relena?

<Puru 2>:Where'd she go?

<Puru 1>:I dunno..

(Ground starts to shake)

<Noin/Crimson/Trowa>:What the hell.....

(Serpents come out,firing on the circus camp)

<Crowd>:Ahhhh!!

<Trowa>:Mobile Suits.....!?!?

<Dekim,watching from home>:I always hated the circus....

<Noin>:Zechs! Zechs! There are Mobile Suits-oof!

(Her headset is crushed under the stampeding crowd)

<Noin>Damn!!!

<Crimson files back through the crowd>:Relena! Where's Relena?

<Purus yell out>:We Don't Know!!!! She's gone!!!

<Crimson shakes fist>:Damn!!!Who designed these Mobile Suits??

(Takes out communicator) Aquarius Vanguard,mayday,mayday!!this is C.C!!Wherever you are, answer!!

[PEZZUN ASTEROID CASINO]

<Mille>:Yeeha! $10,000,just like that! (hears a beep)

<Meryl>:I'll get it...Millie,come on! Crimson's in trouble!! (grabs Millie by the hand)

<Millie>: But I was on a winning streaaaaaaaaak!!!!

(Soon, Aquarius lifts off from Pezzun)

[CIRCUS]

<Trowa shields Catherine from bullets>:Who are these people?I thought all Mobile Suits were destroyed after the war....and I've never seen that type before...Cathy,get out before the whole place goes down!!

(Catherine slides out from under him and runs for the trailers)

(Some Dudes stand over Trowa,and he grabs one of them)

<Trowa>:I guess you won't be missed .(slams him against a tent mast)

<Trowa>:This uniform will fit me fine....if I'm to find out who's behind this...

 

(Serpents continue to wreck the city)

<Crimson>: It's no use, I can't find Relena anywhere!! This crowd's too thick! (opens communicator again) Millie!! Where the hell are you???

<Meryl>:We're going as fast as we can, Crimson! What's the rush?

<Crimson>:You won't believe it....but we're being attacked by new Mobile Suits!!And Relena's missing!!

<Meryl>:You're right. I don't believe it. ETA 20 minutes.

(Buildings explode)

<Crimson>:We may not have 20 minutes!!! Is the ship armed?

<Meryl>:We only have asteroid blasters,Crimson!

<Purus>:Press the green button and enter the code "Q-Mantha"!!!

(Millie inputs the code, guns sprout out of Aquarius)

(Crimson looks at Purus): You two have a looooot of explaining to do....

<Noin gets to a phone booth>: Zechs!!!Mobile Suits!!!

(Tallgeese III boosts towards the colony)

<Zechs>: Mobile Suits.....and there's a battleship approaching....the Aquarius???

<Millie>:Preventer Wind???

<Meryl>:Never mind him! We're gonna dock, NOW!!!

(Aquarius maxes out its propellant,followed by Tallgeese III)

(Aquarius crunches into the spaceport, bridge crew fly all over)

<Meryl rubs head>: Other ships are leaving! Crimson!! We're here!! Get in,hurry!

<Crimson>:Relena's still missing!!!

<Meryl>: She probably got lost in the crowd!!Come on, those Mobile Suits will kill you for sure if you stay there!!!!

<Crimson>:You're right...Purus,go get that Preventer!!If she's here,then her cruiser must be nearby! Do you see a Preventer cruiser anywhere,Meryl?

<Meryl>:We saw Preventer Wind,but we overtook their cruiser a long time ago!!

(Serpents enter the port, get fired on by the Aquarius)

<Meryl>:Hurry!

<Purus>:Excuse us, Miss Noin! We hafta get outta here fast!!!

<Noin>:You two?! I haven't seen you since Antarctica...

<Purus take Noin's hand>: We're gonna get outta here!!

(They hurry into the spaceport,where ships are lifting off by the second)

<Noin>:Your ship is armed??

<Purus>:No time to explain,really!! Just get in, Miss Noin!!!

(Purus stuff Noin into an open hatch)

<Crimson jumps in amid gunfire>:Those aren't anti-Mobile Suit weapons they're using...just chainguns and rockets....whoever designed them knew the other suits were destroyed! We're sitting ducks out here!!

(Aquarius lifts off quickly,firing at Serpents)

[A BIT LATER]

<Noin>:Zechs...seems Otto's hunch was right...there IS a MS factory here....and those suits...I:ve never seen them before....

<Zechs,now on Aquarius>: They've consolidated their positions in X-18999...

<Crimson looks at viewport,takes off sunglasses>:We can't fight like this.....we just can't!!

<Noin sees his reflection>:You!!!Zechs!!It's him!!!Konstantin Mardyev!!!!

<Crimson turns around>: I remember you now...you were that cadet!!!

<Noin takes him by the throat>: This is all your doing,isn't it???You designed those suits!! You killed those children because you thought you had a design flaw! Well,you won't be killing them anymore!!

<Purus>:Hey,what??

<Noin points gun to Crimson's head>: Don't move!!

<Zechs>:Noin is right...he has a lot to answer for...

(The Preventers disappear,and their shuttle docks into their cruiser)

<Purus,racing down the hallway>:Stop!!! Millie!Meryl! They've taken Crimson!!!

<Millie>:What?? Hey!! Helmsman! Follow that cruiser! And hide the guns!

(Preventer Cruiser boosts away from Aquarius)

<Noin>: You will pay, Mardyev!! (punches him, he falls down)

<Zechs>:That's enough...we can interrogate him later....

<Noin>:He designed the Aries,Cancer,Torus and even the Virgo....what is he still doing here ,alive??

<Zechs>:We'll let Otto and Une deal with this.

[DEEP SPACE,PAST MARS]

(Two fire eyes open)

<Urope>:There was an event some time ago....what was it....

(Leo shells float by)

<Urope>:Hmmm...I can feel it!!The King of Hearts...is alive?

(Leo eye sensors blink on)

<Urope>:Then...I will return.....even without a body...I will use these empty shells for my army......I couldn't control the Devil Gundam last time.....but now...I'll get my revenge!!!!

(More drifting Mobile Suits awaken)

<Urope>: My children....we strike!!

(Slowly,they drift towards Earth)

[WINNER ONE,QUATTRE'S FLAGSHIP]

<Quattre>:Trowa?It's nice to see you again!!!

<Trowa looks left and right>:Look, I have to make this short. I need you and your crew...to retrieve the Gundams from the rock we left them on.

<Quattre>:What?

<Trowa>:New Mobile Suits are terrorizing the Colony....and they're not your average Leos,either....I can't say anything more....

<Quattre>:Trowa...?Rashid, where are we now?

<Rashid>:Halfway to Winner One, Master Quattre.

<Quattre>:Change course....we're headed on the trajectory of...

<Auda>:The...Sun???

<Quattre>:If Trowa says that we need the Gundams....then we do need the Gundams....let's go!!

<Dorothy>: You guys sent those five suits to the sun,didn't you?

<Quattre>:Four suits. Wufei never showed up,neither did Altron....

(WInner One boosts past )

[BARTON HQ,SNAKE SQUADRON HANGAR]

<Viper>:Dragon Poison!

<Wufei>:Yes, I know. I'll launch as soon as possible,Viper.

<Miss Mobile Doll>: Designate Target, Colony Mo-III. Hurry up, Dragon Poison!You'll miss all the fun!!!

(MMD and Viper boost out)

<Wufei>:For all of us who were used....!!! (Altron boosts out)

<Cobra>: This is gonna be easy.....heheh...

So this is where Chang Wufei has disappeared to. He is now apprently in the employment of the Barton Foundation, acting under the code name of Dragon Poison. Frustrated by the poor treatment of warriors like himself, Wufei has become a renegade,joining the MarieMia Army . With a Gundam on their side, they may be unstoppable....

[TOKYO 3 SCHOOL]

<Heero>:......and there ends my presentation.

(students clap)

<Asuka>:What a show off...

<Shinji>:He sounded good to me...

<Heero>: Didn't like my essay on emotional conflict, Langley?

<Asuka>:Hmph!

<Teacher pokes in through door>:There's a phone call for you, Heero. It's a "Trowa Barton".

<Heero>: Hello? Trowa?

<Trowa>: Listen to me, Heero........(tells Heero his plan)

<Heero>: I guess school is over for now...(runs out the door)

<TOuji>:Where'd Heero go,now?

next chapter