ENDLESS WALTZ: SCORPION FEVER CHAPTER 4

 

It's all started ,at the colony X-18999.....Dekim Barton,aided by sinister child Mariemia Barton and a crack squad of pilots known only as the Snake Squadron,has taken over the colony.

Using the unheard-of-before Serpent Suits,they easily sweep through MO-III and X-18999. Barton's agents capture Relena Dorlian in the chaos,but Crimson Cancer and the Purus manage to escape in the Aquarius Vanguard together with Noin and Zechs. Noin sees his face though, reacting instantly,arresting the once callous OZ scientist. THe Aquarius crew are helpless to stop Crimson being carried away,although they do follow his trail....

[OUTER SPACE]

<Purus>:Move it, Aquarius!!!

(Puru 2 kicks panel)

<Millie>:Who told you kids to hide the guns...???

<Puru 1>:Well, it was Uncle Noventa's idea....he thought certain people were up to something.....hence we locked the Aquarius guns... Sorry,Millie...

<Meryl>:Never mind...we've got that Preventer Cruiser tagged! We can't let them arrest him!Not with those new Mobile Suits running around!

(Aquarius follows Preventer Cruiser, cloaked)

[SOMEHWERE PAST LUNAR ORBIT]

(Winner One bridge shakes)

<Rashid>:We're going too fast!! The hull can't stand much more!!

<Quattre>: I just got another transmission from Trowa....we have to hurry! He's boarding one of their ships!He says they have hundreds of those new Mobile Suits!

<Abdul>: The scrap satellite ETA is about 45 hours...we might never make it back,Master Quattre!!

<Dorothy>: Oh, boy....

(Winner One thunders past the moon)

[SCORPION BASE]

<Monitor Dude>:Scorpio,there's a ship moving wayyy past lightspeed...headed for the Sun...?

<Scorpio peers over>:This is too fast for a ship that size.....maybe it's headed to another Lagrange point...

<Dude shrugs>:Maybe...

<Scorpio>:Wait! What are those three blips behind it...?

<Dude>:Dunno,boss....maybe they're just asteroids....but that pattern..too regular to be asteroids....

<Scorpio sits back>:Don't worry, mobile suits are destroyed....*yawn*....it's probably some diplomat being rushed to hospital...with escort ships nearby....

<Dude>:Maybe,boss....

[PREVENTER HQ]

(Mardyev is shoved into an interrogation room)

<Mardyev>:Ow....

<Noin>:You're going to tell me everything you know....

<Zechs>:Good cop,bad cop...

<Noin>:Where have you been for the past three years? We all thought you perished when Baikonur was destroyed....you have some serious questions to answer,Crimson!!

<Mardyev>: ........

<Zechs>:You better answer,Mardyev...she's not called Preventer Fire for nothing....(rubs arm)

<Mardyev>:I see she hits you too....poor child,poor Milliardo Peacecraft.....

<Zechs>:Don't call me that....

<Mardyev>:Then don't call me Mardyev.

<Otto comes in with Une>: Hey, what's going on?Report, Preventers Wind and Fire!

<Mardyev>:They kidnapped me,plain and simple.Oh, and there's a Mobile Suit factory on X-189999,and Relena is missing.

(Aquarius lands outside)

<Otto>:Crimson????How....how did you end up here?

<Noin>:He's the cause for the entire war, Otto! If he hadn't built those Mobile suits....

<Otto>:Someone else would have.

<Noin>:Huh?

<Otto>:Someone else would have designed the killing machines. He just beat 10000 other guys 'n gals for the job.

<Zechs>:You know him, Otto?

<Otto>: Of course I do! He was a Scorpion, just like me! And one rule we all had...we to keep our identities and lives secret,no matter what.

<Noin>:Whose side are you on?

<Otto>:.....

<Noin>:Don't you forget...this person has killed over 999 thousand people....and you're a Preventer,now! Practice what you preach!!

<Mardyev>:I'm sure you killed a few hundred of them yourself, "Fire".What in your splendid Aries, White Torus...I never pulled your trigger.When you exterminated those hapless Leos at Nairobi base....whose parents were you killing, Fire?

<Zechs grimaces>:Damn....you have a way with words...

<Otto>:Kostya...I am a Preventer now....but....

<Noin>:No,you can't let him go! He has to pay for his crimes !!

(Laser fire buzzes past Preventer HQ)

***ATTENTION PREVENTERS.THIS IS CAPTAIN ELPE PURU OF THE AQUARIUS VANGUARD.YOU ARE ILLEGALLY DEATAINING OUR FRIEND CRIMSON CANCER.RELEASE HIM OR SUFFER THE CONSQEUENCES**

(Millie and Meryl bust in holding rifles)

<Noin,hands up>:How did they follow us??

<Otto>:Of course...the cloak!!

(Mardyev gets up, puts on his helmet)

<Crimson>:I have Mobile Suits to stop. You can bicker later.Otto...?

(Otto steps out of his way)

<Otto>:I am a Preventer...but I am a Scorpion forever......I know I swore an oath.....but I swore our oath in the blood of the slain...

<Noin steps in front of Crimson>:No, you're not getting away!!What-Lady Une!!

(Une pushes Noin aside,lets Crimson walk through)

<Noin>:Lady Une....not you too!!What has gotten into you all??Dont you remember all the things his creations have done to humanity?

<Une>:You have no right to say that to someone who is haunted by it day and night....you don't.....you have no more regrets....it's not the same for those who still do...

(Noin notices the same look in Une's eyes)

<Une>:I did my fair share of evil too,back then...

(Remembers throwing Septum off the plane,and then shooting him)

<Une>:*sigh* Why,we carry regrets around, I don't know....

(Aquarius lifts off,Otto looks on)

<Preventer>:Sir! Should we pursue??

<Otto>:....No...do not pursue.That is a direct order from me.Ignore any other orders.Repeat,this is a direct order from the King Of Hearts,Otto von Bahn. Belay all other orders.

<Noin>:grrrrr!!!!Zechs,not you,too!!

<Zechs turns his back>: Blood stained hands........Milliardo Peaceraft is truly dead now......I chose not to look back....he did,and now he;s living through it....what I coward I am...

[X-18999]

(A shuttle docks, Heero peers out of a box)

<Heero>:Thanks,Pizza Dude....

<Pizza Dude>:No problem,this is getting to be a habit....besides,I'm DHL Dude now...

(Dude signs papers)

<Bartonoid>:Hey, this cargo hasn't been inspected...it's from Earth, isn't it?

<Dude>: *gulp*

<Bartonoid>:Where's the reciept of ownership?

<Heero>:*gulp*

<Trowa,in that awful uniform>: It's OK, officer. I've got this one.Sorry for the delay.

(Trowa and the Dude carry the box inside a room,Heero pops out)

<Trowa>:Dude, get back to Earth and try to find the one named Duo Maxwell....Heero and I will do our bit here.

<Dude>:Will do, Trowa! (leaves the room)

[NEARSPACE]

(Aquarius just leaving the atmosphere)

<Crimson>: Get me Scorpion Base...

(Scorpio's face appears on the screen,folds his arms)

<Crimson>:So...you're not dead after all....

<Scorpio holds up some cash>:And miss this? No way! Hey...the Aquarius is armed....what are you doing??

<Crimson>:Listen up,Scorpio. On X-18999, some Mobile Suits have appeared, and now I'm getting reports of five powerful new Mobile Suits hijacking Mo-III.

(Screen of Snake Squadron's Mobile suits: Vengeance (Viper),Altron Nataku (Dragon Poison), Virgo IV (Miss Mobile Doll), Serpent Maximum (Cobra)]

<Scorpio>: What are those things??

<Crimson>: Take the Pisces and follow these coordinates. The Superluminal Drive will get you there in no time. One quick jump,and you'll be on your way.

<Purus>: And type "Quebeley" to reactivate the weapons.....

<Scorpio>:That ship we spotted earlier....it's the one you want me to chase?

<Crimson nods>:You have to.It carries the Gundams. Earth needs them now....since there are no more Mobile Suits to defend it...we have to make a pickup first...

<Scorpio>:Mobile Suits.......alright!! Prep Pisces for launch!!!

(Crews run around)

[VENUS ORBIT]

<Quattre>:We've found it!!

<Dorothy>:But our fuel....we're running awfully low...

<Quattre>:We can explode the rocket engine of the Scrap Sattelite....that will get us back to Earth!

<Rashid>:Too dangerous....but we have no choice!!

(Ship suddenly is rocked by an impact)

<Auda>:An asteroid had just impacted on our hull!!! I don't think we can risk activating our engines!!

<Abdul>:We're stuck!!!And the Hull is breached!! Everyone,space Suits on!!!

(Air begins to rush out the hole)

<Quattre>:So close...so close!! We can't lose now!!!

<Dorothy>:Quattre..!!! Radar is picking up three ships behind us, and two rapidly over taking them!!!

<Rashid>:What in the name of....

(Gemini cruisers uncloak)

<Ahmad>:Geminis????

<Gemini Captain>: Ah, the famed Maguanac Corps......finally, we will destroy you!!!

(Serpent Customs come out)

<Dorothy sees Sand Rock come out>: Quattre!! What are you doing???

<Quattre>:Someone has to defend the ship!!!

(Pisces appears near the satellite)

<Scorpio>:Fire at those cruisers, but sweep by that craft and rescue all survivors!! I'm going in the Scrap satellite!!

(Scorpio goes out in a fighter)

<Quattre>:The Pisces Vanguard....?

<Duo peers out of viewport>:Hey, Quattre!!!! Need a lift, buddy!

<Quattre>:Duo??? Sure,but we need to rescue Dorothy and the others on Winner One! Their air supply won't last long!!!

<Duo>:You heard him! Move, Hilde!

(Hilde presses a button, ship boosts sideways next to Winner One)

<Quattre>:T-trowa??

(HeavyArms comes out holding WZ's Buster rifle and its Chain guns)

<Duo>:Huh??

<Scorpio>: You're not so tough without your ships!! (Fires Buster Gun and Chain guns at one Cruiser,massive explosion)

<Quattre>:Who is that..?

<Duo>:You wouldn't believe it.....

(Guns smoking, Scorpio stops firing)

<Scorpio>: Man, so these are the new Suits!!! (Resumes firing at Serpents)

(Serpents fall in a hail of bullets)

<Quattre>:That's not Trowa's style...this guy is firing in short,accurate bursts.....

<Rashid>:We're all on board,Master Quattre!!!

<Duo>:Close it up,then!! (hatch closes)

<Scorpio>:Yeeeha!!!(boosts up)

<Geminis II and III>:Two g-g-g-Gundams!!! But they're outnumbered,we'll just out beam them!! FIRE! FIRE!!

(Geminis loose many,many,many beams at them)

<Duo>:You two get in!!!

(HeavyArms and SandRock enter)

(Ship shakes) Damn! This barrage is too strong!!

<Geminis II & III>:We've got em now!!

(A white beam comes out of nowhere and destroys both cruisers, little red balls of fire rush at the Serpents and annhiliate them)

(Toruses fire at Serpents,destroying them)

<Quattre>:Who...who still has weapons????

<Crimson,in armed Cancer II>:All done,Pisces. Let's go home.

<Quattre>:Hey!! Why are you still holding destructive technology in your hands??? The war's over,Crimson!!

<Crimson>:I built many wonderful things in the meantime. Like the Super Shield,the SuperLuminal drive,the solar powered washing machine,reversible socks.....

<Duo>:Hilde, can we make it back home after loading the Gundams?

<Hilde>:But of course,honey....the Drive can take us right back in a flash:)

<Quattre>: "Honey"? (Notices both are wearing the Scorpion patch)

<Hilde>:It;s official, Quattre...my Duo and I are a couple!!

<Dorothy>:So are Quattre and I!!

<Quattre blushes>:Uh....(Duo pokes him with an Elbow)

<Scorpio walks onto the bridge>: All set, guys. Gundams are loaded, we'll conduct repairs on them as soon as we can....

<Dorothy's eyes open>:Scorpio...??

<Scorpio>:Dorothy...??(Remembers the last chapter of "From the Other Side of the Coin")

<Dorothy>: You came back.....to help us, right?

<Scorpio sighs>:I guess so....I thought all the fighting was over...but I guess not....I guess you're enjoying this...

<Dorothy>:No thank you!! I've had enough of war...I've lost both Father and Grandfather to it....I'm not going to lose anyone else....

<Quattre>:Boy, will everyone be suprised to see you.....

<Crimson signals>: Hyperdrive...ON!

(Stars become white lines, the two ships jump,leaving Winner One to explode)

(A Leo passes by)

<Urope>:What,child?? More armor?? Lead me to it,my children...

(Swarm of damaged,broken,torn apart Mobile suits float towards vapour trail)

[X-18999]

<Heero>: You tell me Quattre's bringing the Gundams back?

(Trowa nods):It's the only thing that can save everyone down there...

<Heero>: Well,if you see him, tell him to drop off Wing Zero Custom at these coordinates in outer space. I'm going to go find Relena...

<Trowa>: The dearming commision tore out the wings and the ZERO system was removed....can you stil handle that?

<Heero>:I have to.No other course of action.

(Heero jumps up into a vent)

<Bartonoid opens door>:What is going on here?

<Trowa>:I was talking to my plants. They like that,you know.

<Bartonoid>:What plants? *WHACK*

(Trowa stuffs guy in box)

<Trowa>:DHL, straight back to the store....(Whistles, DHL Dude comes and carts the box off)now to find out more about this "Snake Squadron...."

(Trowa goes a few rounds on the keyboard)

<Trowa>: Hmm....one pilot is not listed here.....ah,the suit is a Mobile Doll....

WHITE FANG DATA: VIRGO mkIV

SUIT NEVER MOBILIZED DUE TO HIGH AI PRESCENCE.MAY LEAD TO UNCONTROLLED AGGRESSION AND FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH MISSION DIRECTIVES. ADVISED TO DESTROY ALL PROTOTYPES OR STORE FOR MODIFICATION IN RESOURCE SATELLITE.

END DATA.

<Trowa>:I'll download the rest on disk....

[ON LIVE TV]

<MarieMia>: Here this, Citizens of Earth!! My Army has captured the Colony X-18999 and are prepared to attack Earth itself! There is no option for youbut to surrender! We are able to drop this MO-III colony onto any city we please! Anyone who resists will have to face our Mobile Suits,the Serpents! And we have a hostage,the former Queen of Sanq, Relena Peacecraft!!

(Guard holds up Relena,drugged)

<Another guard whispers in Dekim's ear>:Um,sir....the three Geminis have all been destroyed.....

<Dekim>:What...???Who...who could have destroyed them??

<Guard>:The last transmissions were "g-g-g-Gundam..."

<Dekim>: Gundam????I thought the rest were destroyed two years ago....

*gulp*

[PREVENTER HQ]

<Zechs enters Tallgeese III>: They're going to drop MO-III on Earth...I have to stop that. Noin, I understand if you don't want to help me this time.

<Noin>:It's not that I...Zechs!!!!

(Tallgeese III lifts off on verniers)

<Zechs>:This is Wind. Attempting to intercept.

<Otto>:We have no suits to help him with....damn!!

<Une>:I didn't want to tell you this, but....

(presses a remote control button, building rumbles)

<Une>:The Five Doktors left us a present....

(Jauhara Gundam and Wing Gundam are standing in the newly revealed hold)

<Otto>: Preventers...evacuate!!! Une, why didn't you tell me....

<George DeSande>:Because I told her not to,mon ami...now board...

(Otto tries to board Jauhara, but George waves no no)

<Otto>:George?

<George>:This is for the Lady Rose. Your suit is the other one.

<Otto>:Hey!! Well, beggars can't be choosers....

(Serpents descend on Brussels)

[OUTER SPACE]

(Aquarius and Pisces defold in the middle of a Mobile Suit drop)

<Scorpio>:What the heck....? Fire, stop them!!!

<Crimson>:Space Scorpions...launch!! I'll take them on the ground!! (Dropship fires off)

<Duo>: I'll get DeathScythe from the hold!!! (leaves bridge)

<Hilde>:Duo!!!Damn,I have to stay here....

<Scorpio>: HeavyArms won't do....most of the troops are already down there.....I'll have to summon Phantom Scorpio......wait...the colony is moving...?

<Crimson lands hard on the Earth>:It'll crash if we don't do anything...

(Serpent Maximum boosts nearby)

<Duo>:That joker is mine!!

(DS boosts outwards)

<Cobra>:Eh? Deathscythe...??? Well, fighting me will be a whole different story!!

(Serpent Maximum boosts toward DS)

[PREVENTER HQ]

(Explosions)

<Otto boards Wing Gundam>:Aowwwhhh...my head!!! George...???

<Doktor J's note>: Attached ZERO system...be careful.

<Otto's eyes glow yellow>: Arrrgh!!

(Wing's glow changes from yellow to red, so do Otto's eyes)

<Otto>:King....of....Hearts..... (19 logo shines)

next chapter (I'm just tired....:-)