ENDLESS WALTZ:SCORPION FEVER CHAPTER 5

 

The situation becomes more tense as Quattre,Trowa ,Duo and a returned Phantom Scorpio manage to escape a Gemini blockade with the four Gundams intact. On Earth, Crimson "escapes" Preventer capture and launches towards space intent on stopping the MarieMia Army,even by himself,though Zechs launches up as well. Doktor J and company, however,have left Otto and Une with their two original Gundams,Wing and Jauhara. George DeSande tells Otto he has to use the Wing ,as Une is now the Rose. Otto however,is suddenly affected by the ZERO system,installed by J himself. Meanwhile, a certain Heero Yuy is trying to get his Wing Zero from space in a Serpent...

[NEAR X-189999]

<Heero>: Hope the pilot is just knocked out.....having a DHL box fall on your head can be quite fatal....

<DHL Dude in a Serpent>: Me too....don't want to get fired....

<Heero>: Calling Aquarius/Pisces......this is Heero Yuy....requesting unit Zero for mission...

(Comm rings on Pisces)

<Scorpio>:Negative, Heero. Your Zero has no wings...it cannot operate in outer space....we're going to fix it up on our base with what we can find....

<Heero>:The other Gundams?

<Quattre>:They're alright,Heero....it's nice to see you again....

(Transmission cut off)

<DHL Dude>: It's...Altron Gundam..???I thought he was on our side...

<Heero>:Wufei...?

<DHL Dude disappears>:It's fun to be a guest star....

<Wufei>: It's you again....!!!!The so called Perfect Soldier....

(Altron takes out naginata)

<Heero>:Wufei! What are you doing!!?And in a MarieMia Army uniform...?

(Beam saber erupts)

<Wufei>: My name is...Dragon Poison.....and I am willing to avenge all those who were used as mere toys in warfare..!!

<Heero slashes at Wufei>:Press the self-destruct button,Wufei!!!

<Wufei easily parries>:No way!! What is your problem, Mr Big Shot Hero?? Jealous??

<Heero swings again>:Press the self destruct button!This will not lead to anything!!

<Wufei>:For who??You? Die!!!

<Heero>:There is a colony about to drop to Earth....don't tell me you have something to do with it!

<Wufei>:Maybe that'll teach them a lesson!Not to discard people who have known nothing but how to fight!

<Heero>: Wufei!!!!Press....the....self....hey...

<Wufei>:It's you....

[PISCES VANGUARD]

<Scorpio calls both>: Stop it now, Wufei,Heero!!!

<Wufei stops ,turns toward camera>:Why should I???

<Scorpio>: No point.....there is no point to the two of you fighting each other like this....Heero, get on board.....Trowa has taken a shuttle craft and is headed this way....Wufei?

<Wufei>:NEVER! I haven't even begun to fight!!I demand justice for all who were true warriors in the Eve wars!I want justice for everyone who fought and found true life in battle!! You will never get me !!

(Boosts away)

<Hilde>:Duo's still out there with that Cobra man....

[NEAR SPACE]

<Duo>: Hey,not bad,for a snake...

(Serpent Maximum fires beam chains)

<Cobra>:Not bad? You don't know how "bad" I can get!! (fires again)

<Duo>:Sorry dude, I'm taken....you have a big mouth! (launches towards Cobra)

<Cobra drops his arm guns>:Hey,one on one? Fantastic!!! Come see if you've got what it takes!!!(beam sabers come out) Come on!!!

As Deathcsythe Hell and Serpent Maximum fight it out on the atmosphere's edge, the sight of the crashing colony is almost forgotten as the two trade blows. Duo finds that Cobra is very resilient,even evading his stealth attacks. The two Mobile Suits are clashing head on,scythe meeting sword, Vulcans cancelling out Vulcans and so on.

Duo raises his scythe high and chops Serpent Maximum's arm off, and the Mobile Suit backs off, firing with its other hand.

<Cobra>:Can't get me alive!!!!!(Core fighter launches, leaves behind empty shell,which is torn to pieces by Duo)

<Duo>:Coward!!!

<Cobra>:We've already won, idiot! Our forces are already over Brussels!!! Nothing can stop the colony!!!

<Scorpio,from ship>:Come on, Duo! We have to get the Gundams, yours included, to Scorpion Base for remodification...but later!!! Crimson...where the heck are you???

[AQUARIUS]

(Cancer II launches, Fire Balls go down to Earth)

<Crimson>: Tallgeese? Is that Tallgeese??

<Zechs boosts next to him>:That's an MO colony....I'll destroy it then....

<Crimson>: I'll watch your back...

(Cancer II opens up missile batteries,missiles swarm in front of Tallgeese III)

(Hyper Beam charges)

<Zechs, radioing HQ>:This is Wind. Destroying MO-III.

(Fires off a tremendous blast, MO-III has a giant hole in its middle...but it's still sinking!!)

<Crimson>:MO colonies have their own propulsion system....they must have set it up to keep the assault going....no worries, though...

(DX Cannons are atttached by two Torus Scorpions onto Cancer II's back)

<Crimson>:This is Crimson. Mo-III is toast.

(DX cannons fire on the colony, it explodes,debris burns up in the atmosphere, the two MSes are showered with Debris)

<Zechs>:Now we have to go back down.....(Tallgeese III boosts back down)

(Cancer II transforms into Space mode,follows Zechs)

<Zechs>:Stay up here, Crimson! There might still be many Mobile Suits out there!!I'll take those on Earth!!

<Crimson>: Fine with me....I can control my Fire Balls from here....(computers sound, Fire Balls launch and dive towards Earth)

(Tallgeese III overtakes the Balls)

[ON THE GROUND]

<Miss Mobile Doll>: This is too easy....(shoots a building)

<Viper>:Nothing to stop us, MMD! There are no mobile suits!! Ahh,yes! I knew that expanding our forces would be the key!! That fool Noventa never realized it!!

[UH,OH, FLASHBACK]

<Noventa sits at table>: ....and that is my proposal...the Marina forces will be reduced to half, and the Cosmo...

<Septum stands up>:Hell no! We need the Space forces to keep the colonies in order!

<Bonaparte stands up>:It's important,Field Marshall Noventa....

<Ventei>:What is important is that we endanger less people....reduction in our armed forces is the first step!

<Septum>:No! I refuse and protest!! The colonies are restless!!There's talk of some "Operation" bent on removing our control! I say we INCREASE forces!!

<Trieze leans back>:Ah, Septum....always the imperialist...

<Noventa>:Septum....I don't care.

<Ventei>:It's not like we have aliens to fight or something....

<Septum>:BaH Humbug....

[OVER,DUDE!]

<Viper fires missiles>: Now all of you know the truth!!Might is right!!

<Miss Mobile Doll>: Kill all da humans!!!

(They tear Antwerp apart and advance on Brussels)

[DEEP,DEEP SPACE]

<Urope>: You can speak to me?

<Battered Virgo>:Affirmative,Master.

<Virgo mkII>: Affirmative, Lord Urope.Orders?

<Urope>:You can be my generals in this conflict....seeing that you have a modicum of intelligence....

<Virgo mkII>: Another unit with more highly developed AI is available...

<Battered Virgo>:Our delayed network shows us that it is currently on Earth.

<Urope>:Head to Earth, my children....

[PREVENTER HQ]

<Otto returns>: OW!!!(THrows helmet onto floor) This ZERO system really hurts!!!

<Lady Une comes out of Jauhara>:You have to get used to it.....those out there were just a preliminary attack...ther'll be more.

<Otto>:I want to be in Jauhara!! I hate this unit....

(Une presses a screen)

<Une>:Noin, are you and Sally on your way to rendezvous with the Scorpion ships?

<Noin,on screen>:Yes we are,Lady Une.. Though I don't see the point...

<Sally>:We have no idea what we''re doing here.....

(Preventer Cruiser docks with Aquarius)

<Otto>:You can trust them,Sally.....hopefully they'll take you to Scorpion base...there are better weapons and facilites there...

<Scorpio appears>:Otto! Buddy!

<Otto>: Scorpio..???I thought....

<Scorpio>:I'm not called Phantom Scorpio for nothing....

<Otto>:So, you all go to Scorpion Base! I think Une and I can hold the fort for a while....

<Scorpio>: You sure you can handle them alone?

<Otto>:Brussels is empty.... I think they've all left for safe havens already. Don't worry about us,just get to Scorpion base and fix up the Gundams!

<Zechs,just arrived,off camera>:I'm sure we three can keep the enemy busy.....

(Heero looks at screen, Duo pushes his head down)

<Duo>:He still wants you dead,you know....

<Heero>: Dead? That must be some grudge....

(Aquarius and Pisces head off to the Moon)

[Antwerp]

<Viper>: Snakehead! Antwerp is subdued! We're ready to push into Brussels itself!!

<Miss Mobile doll hears...>: "Come....Come...child...."

<Miss Mobile Doll shakes head>: Affirmative.....

"Come...."

<Serpents>:We're ready, SnakeHead!!

<Cobra,in a Gemini>:I lost my suit to some punk in a preacher outfit.....

<Dragon Poison,in space>:Because you weren't worthy...as usual!We're going to...destroy them all!!

<Scout>:Viper,sir...? There are apprently three Mobile Suits in the city.....and none of our advance units are present...

[NEARING DA MOON]

<Heero overlooks Wing Zero>: They removed the wings...Scorpio,they were the vernier housings...how am I going to fly like this?

<Scorpio>:I have no idea....Crimson, have you gotten into contact with Silver?

<Crimson>:Negative....but I'm sure the MA have made the news.....

<Heero>: The other Gundams look OK.....all missing Verniers,but ok....wait a minute...(looks at cut wires) ..where's my ZERO system?

(NOTE From Doktor J): Removed ZERO system,in accordance with council rules.

<Heero>:Man....

<QUattre>:YOu can take the one in SandRock, Heero! Remember?

<Dorothy>:Yeah!

<Heero>:Good idea...but I need wings....

<Duo>:Don't worry,buddy! I think we got the perfect pair for ya at Scorpion base!!

<Heero>:I'm beginning to think I was better off dead...

next chapter