ENDLESS WALTZ:SCORPION FEVER CHAPTER 6

 

The scene heats up as the Mariemia Army overtakes Antwerp with minimal resistance and sets its sights on the capital Brussels. With Tallgeese III, Wing and Jauhara Gundams the only mobile suits on Earth,it seems the World Nation is doomed....but wait! The Scorpions carry the five other Gundams to their Moon Base with the Preventers in tow,hoping to fix the Wingless Wing Zero and retool the Gundams. One Scorpion is not yet there though...and a new enemy rears its head in deep space...

 

[NEARING THE MOON]

<Sally//Howard>:Are we there yeeeet??

<Duo>:Calm down,guys...

<Preventers>:Are we there yet?

<Duo >:You're asking for it...

<Sally>: Where exactly is the base, Duo? It's not like your buddy over there ever told us...and why don't the Lunarians know where it is either?

<Hilde>: Approaching Scorpion Moon Base One...sending code..(presses button)

*Bleep*Bleep*

<Howard>:How are we going to fix the Gundams without spare parts?

<Crimson>:Leave that to me....

(Screen beeps, Ma Ranieri appears)

<Ma>: Dorothy! I'm so glad you're alright!

<Dorothy>:I'm fine, Ma!

<Ma>: So...you're still alive...(looks at Scorpio)

<Scorpio>: I am...about Bob..

<Ma>:The answer is no, Phantom. Bob is not joining this one. You can handle this on your own.

<Dorothy>:But we need Uncl-(looks at Preventers) we need him! We're outnumbered like 100 to one!

<Ma closes her eyes and looks away>: He retired.Let my husband rest easy for once....

(Screen closes)

<Noventa steps behind Ma>: WHo was that?

<Ma>: Wrong number.

[HANGAR]

<Quattre>:That's alright then! ZERO system sucessfully transplanted....(wipes brow) thanks, Maguancs!

<Rashid wipes his brow>:All ready, Heero.

<Heero>:Not yet....I still need wings...

<Abdul checks the thrusters>: But Heero,look at this...the transformer module is shot...even if we get wings,you can't transform...

<Heero>:Fine with me. As long as it can fly. What are these wings you keep talking about, Trowa?

<Trowa welds BatWings on DS>: I have no idea...huh?

(Planet Defensors pop out of HeavyArms' back)

<Quattre>:So that's how you survived the last battle....you used these?

<Trowa>:I don't know...?Oh,shit...

(Note falls out of cockpit- "Don't forget to press the flashing red button,the self destruct will give you a surprise! btw can I have your phone number? -Love,Puru 2"

<Quattre giggles>:You seem to have an admirer, Trowa...

(Trowa blushes and scratches his head)

The Pisces and Aquarius land on the camofluaged landing pads on Scorpion Base One,the former OZ mobile factory. The Gundams and other mobile suits are quickly loaded into the facility,as the passengers and crew enter as well.

<Sally looks around>:Wow, hiding in plain sight,huh?

<Howard>:Who would've thought....we figured this base didn't send signals...

<Crimson steps out of Aquarius>: *Sniiffff* Aaah.....home sweet home...

<Space Scorpion salutes>: Crimson,all the suits are now undergoing the auto-repair sequence. Anything else?

<Crimson>: Prepare accomodation for the others....I'll be in my quarters....please do not disturb me...

(Space Scorpion nods)

<Crimson throws away mask>:No need for this thing anymore...

*klunk*

[INSIDE]

<Duo>: Where are those parts?(looks around)

<Millie>: What are you looking for?

<Duo>:The wings,the wings!! (grips his hair) Where are the wings?

<Meryl>:Wing Zero's wings? I thought they were taken...

<Heero sighs>:Thanks anyway,Duo...(pats Duo on shoulder)

<Doktor J steps out of shadows>:Hello, boy.

<Heero>:.......

<Doktor J>: You look amazed, boy!

<Heero>:......Khakis,Doktor J?

<Doktor J>: I saw these in "One Armed, One Legged Scientists Monthly"...now about your wings...follow me ,boys...

<Meryl whispers to Millie>: What's next, the jungle look?

<Professor G,in safari>:Coming ladies?

(Faint!)

(Doktor J pushes a button)

(Door opens, auto-repairs are being done at an amazing speed)

<Doktor J>:Behold, your new wings!

<Heero>:Angel wings?? How are these supposed to help me?

<Duo prods Heero>: Hey,all you wanted to do was fly,right? The Buster Guns still work,so who cares?

<Heero>:Am I worth the angel wings?

<Instructor S steps out of the cokpit>:Hey...where's Wufei?

<Heero>:He's switched sides. If he gets in our way,well...

<Doktor J>:What will O think.....that boy was his life's work...

[BRUSSELS]

(Jauhara spots two MS platoons coming>)

<Une>: Damnit...Zechs,take position!

(White Torus appears)

<Noin>:I'm here...I'll take this position up.

<Otto>: Noin? Where'd you get that?

<Noin>:The Doktors left me a little present too.And look! Beam swords!

(Twin swords pop out of wrists)

<Otto laughs>: Hahaha....that wasn't the Doctors' present....that's Crimsons! I'd recognize the handiwork anywhere! That's a Space Scorpion Torus!

<Noin>:Huh?....I guess I owe him one then....

<Une scrambles back>: Those guys are a scout patrol...they're circling the city...looking for prey!

<Zechs>:Noin and I will take care of platoon 1....you two can hold the fort?

<Otto>:If this ZERO system doesn't kill me first...

<Zechs>:Don't worry....it's a synch!

<Otto>Up yours, Wind....

[FAR SIDE OF THE MOON]

<Noventa looks up>: There seem to be more stars in the sky....

<Purus>:You can never count them all, Unc...

<Noventa points up>: No, look! More are appearing!!

(Specks of light appear)

[NEO CHINA]

<Master O looks up>: Huh? Master , what are all those light sources?

<Lon>:I have no idea...but I can sense something...something very evil....something...alien...

[DEEP SPACE]

<Urope>:We are close, children....I can sense your brethern on Earth....and more are coming!

<Virgo>: Master....that colony...

<Urope looks at Neo China>: It cannot be...

(Sees Dragon Gundam statue)

<Urope>:The Club Ace...that means...that means that accursed Shuffle Alliance is still here!!! (A Virgo fires a beam at the colony,but is blocked by a shield)

<Urope>:Curse you, Sai Xi.... children...to Earth!!

(Leo/Virgo/Torus fleet move, plus a colony)

[FAR SIDE]

<Noventa>:A colony,moving like that?? And those specks....they're...Mobile suits??

<Ma>:Bob...

<Noventa turns around>: I have to warn the others!!

(Ma grabs him)

<Ma>:No, I am not going to lose you again!!

<Noventa eyes Ma>:I have to go.

(Noventa runs off, Ma is left crying on the porch)

<Sylvia>:Grandma...?

[SCORPION BASE]

<Scorpio>:Four Gundams, spankin' new!? I hope we got the parts...

<Quattre eyes a set of parts>:Why couldn't we use those?

<Scorpio>:They aren't compatible with Gundams...I have no idea who or what they're for...pity that I-Field couldn't be utilized properly...

(A set of parts lies in the corner)

<Duo>:Taa-daa!! GOd of Death...back from hell!!

(looks at Hilde)

<Duo>:Well,for the next two days or so, anyway....(Hilde smiles)

<Dorothy>: I hope we can finish these in time....where is that Crimson?We could sure use that guy's help about now..

[CRIMSON'S ROOM]

<Mardyev>: Mobile Suits again..... (looks at a book)

<Mardyev>: The Serpent.....what the hell was I thinking back then.....it isn't even on the Zodiac...

(Gazes at the ceiling)

<Mardyev>:This will never end as long as people like me exist....no remorse,no worries....

(opens a locket)

<Mardyev>:I don't know anymore, guys...what do you think?

(Picture of Valentina, Elena and Katarina Mardyev)

[HANGAR]

<Sally>:Scorpio, I'm worried about Wufei...I know he's on the other side now, but...

<Scorpio puts hand on Sally's shoulder>:Don't worry, Sally...he thinks he's doing right...and the way he feels....sure...I remember the first time I met him...near Tashkent....

[HEY,FLASHBACK>>?]

<Walker,in Protoype Scorpio>: Handles like a truck on ice, Otto! Man, I can't even lift the legs!!

<Otto>:Try starting the engine, boss.

<Walker>:Oh yeah!!But where are the keys...?

(Otto points up)

<Walker fishes keys out of fuzzy dice>: Phew...

(Scorpio starts walking)

<Walker>:Yeeha!! Now that's better! Watch me fly! (boosts)

<Otto>: What the-

( Trees fall in a row, Shenlong jumps out)

<Wufei>: Eh? What is that unit? Never seen that one...have to destroy it!! This'll be a piece of (moon) cake!

<Walker hears beep>:Huh? A Mobile suit? (Turns around)

<Otto>:Watch out! There's a suit headed your way---- (Truck falls down a cliff, Otto holds onto the ledge) that was close...

Wufei was just continuing on his way from his attack on the Indus supply base (Ep 3) through Central Asia when he ran into the two test jockeys from Baikonur,near the capital of Uzbekistan, Tashkent. Caught by suprise, Walker's prototype Scorpio suit seem to be no match for ShenLong Nataku...

<Wufei>: Die! (thrusts naginata)

<Walker avoids>: Whoa...a Gundam!!! (Fires machine gun)

(Bullets bounce off Nataku)

<Wufei>:Best you can do, OZ soldier!?

<Walker>: Shit.....bulletproof! Now, what weapons...none?? Oh man,oh man...

(Shenlong charges Scorpio)

<Walker kicks out at Shenlong>: Hey, don't scratch the paint, man!!

 

<Wufei>: Your paint is the last thing to worry about!! (Tries to impale Scorpio, but is punched in the face)

<Wufei yells>:I can't see!!

(Scorpio gets up and kicks ShenLong)

<Walker>: I told you not to scratch the paint! ( spin kicks Shenlong)

<Wufei wipes blood from face>: Hmm,not bad....but I'm better!! (Swings naginata, Scorpio's right arm falls off)

<Walker>: Duuude....didja think I'd stop there? (grabs the arm and whacks Shenlong with it)

<Wufei>:Damn you!! Give up already!! (Slices the other arm off)

(Scorpio dropkicks Shenlong with both feet)

<Walker>:You kidding me?

<Otto loses his grip>:Man....this ledge is gonna give way...!!! Heeeeeeelp!!!!

(hears echo "heeeeeelp...heeeeeelp"

<Walker>:Captain T.Walker never gives up!!! (Knocks Naginata out of Shenlong's hands)

<Wufei>: You'll regret that!! (pins Scorpio to the floor and extends right arm to grab naginata)

<Walker>: What is that sound..?

"Heeeeelp!!!"

<Wufei ,ready to impale>: Now, feel the taste of justice....huh?

(Two cannons come out of Scorpio's chest, fire at point blank range)

<Wufei is rocked>: Damn!! He's getting away....and Shenlong has two burnt nipples!!!

"Heeeeelp!!"

<Walker stops>:Otto!! Oh man, I don't have any arms....how'm I gonna help him now..?

(Otto is holding on by a hand) :Bosss....!!!!!!

<Walker gets out and holds out his hand>:Cmon, Otto!! grab on!

(Otto falls) :Booooooossss!!!!!

(Otto falls into Shenlong's hand)

<Walker/Otto>:Huh?

<Wufei>:This isn't right....I apologize. It isn't honourable to kill people by accident....

(Shenlong puts Otto down)

<Walker>:Hey you!! Why 'd you save him?? Just a minte ago you were gonna kill both of us!!

<Wufei>:....You're different from other OZ troops....you fight like a tiger...yet you still want to save your buddy....

<Walker>: Nani?

<Wufei>: I am called "Nataku".....I am sorry,but I have to kill more of your comrades...I am headed to new Edwards...to kill the heads of OZ gathered there..

<Otto>:But it's a meeting of Alliance leaders.....

<Wufei raising his eyebrows>:Is it now....farewell....Scorpio.....

<Walker>:My name is....

<EMinem>:Slim Shady?

<Walker>:No. Scorpio,huh?

[FLASHBACK ENDS]

<Scorpio>:He's not that bad...just too much rap music growing up...

<Sally>:I don't think he could ever be.....but if you have to...I mean....

<Scorpio>:Don't worry....I seem to have a habit of making these promises....Zechs being alive is living proof....

<Sally giggles>:Noin tells me you stapled your note to his...

(Scorpio pushes Sally out of the room)

<Scorpio>: Nether mind...heheh...get back to woik...

[LUNAR SURFACE]

(A truck rumbles across the Moon)

<Silver>: Now I look wierd...whoever heard of a silver masked hero wearing a robe riding in a truck?

<Nagaki>:You asked for a ride *bump*, you get a ride...pronto!What's all the fuss about?*bump*

(Neil Armstrong's flag flies to outer space)

<Silver>:Just get me to the old base...before you shake me to death!*bump* Owwwww!!! (presses button on watch)

[SCORPION BASE]

(Mechanical arms reach out and grab Scorpio mk III parts, techs turn around)

<Duo>:Huh?

<Howard baps Duo>:What are you staring at? Just fix your own Mobile Suit!

<Trowa>:That's not one of your suits,is it?

<Millie shrugs>:Like the man said, just fix your suit.

(Legs attach to torso, arms attach to upper torso, head is welded to shoulders)

<Heero welds his wings on>:Repairs 90% complete. We can launch in the next hour or so. I still think these wings are too corny-eh?

*beep*beep*

<Relena on fuzzy comm>:Help! Anyone who can hear me! This is Relena Dorlain!! Mayday!

<Scorpio>:It's that stalker...(foot stepped on by Meryl) OW!!

<Meryl twists knobs>:Relena!!Thank God...where are you?

<Relena>:Meryl!! Listen, I just escaped from Dekim Barton's jail cell and swiped a communicator....I'm hiding in the mail room...

(Lowblowed guards roll around on the floor groaning)

<Heero jumps off Wing Zero>: Relena!! I'll rescu--(Doktor J waves no)

<Doktor J>:No mobile suit, no rescue...besides, Earth needs you ...

<Heero>:Mission...acknowleged....Doktor J.

<Duo>:Don't tell me he has the hots for that diplomat chick....

<Meryl>: We'll get you as soon as we can, Relena! Just hold on! Send us your location!!

<Relena>:I'm at- oh damn, hafta go... *end*

<Meryl grasps control panel>:Relena!! Damn it!

<Quattre>:SandRock is complete...so is Heavy Arms Kai...

(Another face appears on screen- it is a masked Chang Wufei @ Dragon Poison)

<Wufei>:I am heading to that waste of a city called Brussels...joining comrades MMD and Viper!!

(Altron Nataku boosts toward re-entry dropship)

<Heero>:We can't chase him. If his Gundam reaches Earth, then we may not have a chance...

<Scorpio runs toward hatch>: You guys keep the repairs up,I'll head im off!!

<Duo>:Hey,hey, with what????you don't have your Mobile Suit!!

Scorpio jumps out of the hatch and snaps his fingers. A yellow comet rushes from out of nowhere, letting the Scorpion inside its cockpit,boosting off right away towards x-18999-another Mobile suit follows him,albeit at a slower pace.

<Crimson>: That's fast!! (Cancer II transforms to Val Valo mode, boosts)

<Duo>:....showoff. There, Deathscyhte is finished, a-okay!

[ATMOSPHERE CRITICAL INTERCEPT POINT]

<Wufei>: Cobra,cobra....if you could only join me!

<Cobra>: Ah, shaddap, Poison! How was I to know the Gundams were still around?? You kept bragging about how much you were the only one left....seems you were wrong,boy!

<Wufei>:Hmph...hey,what's the delay!?

<MarieMian>: Sorry, Dragon Poison sir, but the re-entry vehicle is still powering up.... it takes a lot to transport all these suits!

<Wufei>:Hurry it up then,woman!! (thumps wall) I gotta pee!!

<Cobra>:No wonder you're mad....

(Soldier steps behind Cobra)

<Soldier Dude>: No problems, Colonel Bonaparte, sir....your orders have been carried out on this Gemini.

<Cobra>:Excellent.

next chapter