ENDLESS WALTZ:SCORPION FEVER CHAPTER 8

 

The Preventers ,aided by Miss Mobile Doll's mysterious abandonment of Viper in the middle of battle, sucessfully defend Brussels,but the brunt of the Marimeia Army is in fact staging an attack on the ancient Sanq Kingdom,though reports indicate one lone mobile suit is fighting back. Phantom catches up with Dragon Poison and invokes the Gundam Fight. Wufei,eager to duel with Scorpio, orders the last shuttle down to Earth and accepts his challenge with aplomb. While Urope and his brood of controlled Mobile Suits approach, the Gundams are ready to launch...

[SCORPION BASE]

(Gundams stand with cockpits open)

<Duo>:Here we go!! (jumps in) One more time!

<Quattre>:For the last time, I hope...

<Trowa>: To end it all.

<Heero>: Mission....accepted.No room for failure. (As usual...)

<Doktor J>: The Pisces will drop you on Earthspace,right on the Sanq Kingdom capital. That's where the MarieMia Army is headed after being beaten at Brussels....

(Wings sprout from behind Wing Zero)

<Heero>:Meryl,can you do me a favour....?

<Meryl>:Huh?Sure,Heero...

<Heero>:If you come into contact with Relena....

<Meryl>:Oh, I get it..don't worry, Heero...

(Cockpits close,Gundams and other Mobile suits board)

[SANQ KINDGOM]

<MarieMian>:Damn!!!What ARE these things??

(Fire Balls blaze around battlefield)

<Dekim>:Get the Virgoes then!!!

<MA>:We can't!!That energy dome is making them fall to the floor!!!

(SuperShield crackles in the air)

<MarieMia>:Hey...why aren't we winning, Grandfather?

<Dekim>: The Kingdom has some defense mechanism....what the!!

(The ship beside it is blown to smithereens)

<Crimson>:They're still attacking....oh well...

(Two more Fire Balls launch and swirl at another ship)

<Dekim>:My god...it's Crimson ...Cancer!!!

(Ship explodes)

<MarieMia>:How could one Mobile suit be fighting us and winning?I demand answers!!

<Dekim sweats>:Our forces outnumber him 500 to one, MarieMia....he can't posibly win...

<Relena, in the laundry room>:Crimson...??? What the hell are you doing? (Mobile phone SMS)

<Crimson>: My job?

<Relena>:You are tearing up my kingdom!! Let me deal with this!

<Crimson>:Where you are,you couldn't kill time.

 

<Relena>: People are dying down there!!

<Crimson>: Fire me. This mess is all my fault, anyway....

(One more MarieMia ship goes down)

[OUTER SPACE, AT ATMOSPHERE POINT]

<Wufei>: You...should have stayed dead, Scorpion.

<Scorpio>:You dissappoint me, Wufei.....come on...do you really think you're going to achieve anything by joining MarieMia's forces?

<Wufei>:You have no idea....the time for talking is over!

(Altron boosts at Scorpio)

<Scorpio>:Then I'll take your Gundam head and shove is up your a$$!!

(PS boosts up to avoid naginata)

<Wufei>: Do you have any idea what all of us went through, huh?

<PS dodges>: Come on! The war was over a long long time ago! You can't still be worrying about that stuff?

<Wufei grunts>:Yes I am!!

<PS grabs Nataku's arm>: The war is over! Treize is dead!! You've already beaten him!!! Get a life, man!!

(Altron and PS spiral together towards atmosphere)

<Wufei>:NO!! I still fight him...to this day!!!

<PS tries to shake free>:You wuss!!! What are you fighting for this time? Honour,glory? The pursuit of more money?

(Atmospheric friction burns both suits up)

<Wufei>:I'm fighting for all of us, you included! We were all used as dolls in the final battle and then discarded like we meant nothing! Admit it! You and I are the same!!We can only find meaning in the battlefield!!!

<Scorpio>:No way, Wufei!!!I have friends, so do you!!!

(PS breaks free of Nataku)

<Wufei>:Friends? What friends?The only friend I know is battle!!

<Scorpio>:What about the other Gundam pilots???

<Wufei>:Too idealistic!!That makes them weak!

<Scorpio>:The Lon people,your people??

<Wufei>:...

<Scorpio>:And Sally Po? What would she think??

<Wufei>:Sally Po? What about her??She joined the Preventers, didn't she? That tells me enough!! Her and her buddies, Une and Zechs!! WAR CRIMINALS!!! And they've become the heroes now??Where is your honour, Phantom Scorpio?

(Both Mobile suits glow red with friction)

<Scorpio>: People change, Wufei!!!!!

(PS boosts up into space, Altron follows)

<Scorpio>:When will you learn??? And don't talk about Sally like that!!She told me about your little hissy fit after the battle!!! Don't underestimate her or any of your comrades!!Right now, she has more strength than you'll ever have, Wufei!!!

<Wufei>:Just fight!! Don't drown me in your melodrama!!!

<Scorpio>:You won't listen, Chinese Ace??The past is past!! You had your chance to deal with it,now just live with it!!

<Wufei>: Is that how you live through things, Scorpio? By FORGETTING? Not a very good way to think, Phantom!

(Altron grabs PS's foot)

<Wufei>: The rest of us REAL warriors just do!

(PS stops boosting, elbows Altron in the face)

<Scorpio>: It's not what we forget , it's what we remember!

Scorpio makes his move, grabbing Altron Nataku's naginata and standing on its shoulders. He rams it into the Gundam's own head, destroying the part completely, though this won't kill Chang. How he can make this guy listen, nobody knows....

<Scorpio>:I win!! Your head is destroyed...

<Wufei>:Get off me!! (Beam tail fires at Scorpio's back,he is stunned)

<Wufei>:Hehe....the Scorpion stung by a tail. How- who the hell!!??

(Master Fuhai appears, Chang's eyes go wide open)

<Wufei>:I-i-i-t can't be......I've seen your picture,but...

<Tohou Fuhai>:It is I, Master Asia. Your ancestor.

<Wufei>:G-g-reat grandfather...???(shakes head) No, this is a trick!!It has to be!!

<Fuhai>:No tricks, son of Chang. Just what do you think you are doing out here trying to conquer the Earth?

<Wufei>:I was merely teaching him a lesson!

<Fuhai>:Don't lie to me, boy. You don't have the faintest clue.

(Wufei fires a beam,goes right through Fuhai)

<Fuhai>:I'm already dead, silly boy. Just remember this, Chang Wufei. I wanted to fight the best as well, a long time ago. I turned to the devil simply because I wanted to fight for glory.

<Wufei>:What does that have to do with me?

<Fuhai>:Idiot! I lost everything I ever cared for as a result! I lost my favourite student, my friends, my family....even my own life!!

(PS gets back up)

<Fuhai points to Wufei>: You're still alive...you're my descendant...don't make the same mistake!! You still have people who will care about you,Chang!

<Wufei>:Care.....

 

<Fuhai>:Like that girl you met in the fatherland......

<Wufei>:..???

<Fuhai>:The information download works both ways, Chang Wufei.

<Wufei hangs his head>:I only wanted to avenge all of us who had nowhere to go.....

<Fuhai>:Everyone has somewhere to go, Chang....young Lon and your master are waiting in Neo China.....

<Wufei>: What about the soldiers?

(Fuhai opens up a viewing portal)

[VIEW, NEO CHINA]

<One Eyed Civilian>: Wow, you mean the Gundams are back? Then I want to join the MA!!

<Master O>:Why join them?

<One Eyed Civilian>:I want to get my revenge!!I was shot down by those hotshots in the Eve Wars!!! I want my honour back! Even if I die trying....

<Master O>: No. All the brave and honourable warriors are here...(points to OZ cemetary) People think battle is fulfilling.....but they are so wrong......soon these tombs will be forgotten....but everyone remembers him...(points to Dragon Gundam statue)..he did more than just fight...he showed everyone that courage is not found in battle...but the heart. He gave life meaning...he was the youngest Shuffle member....through that, the others all saw that living to see people like him grow up is more important than dying for the same reason....to move on....

<One Eyed Civilian>: Oh...I apologize, Master O......I had no idea...what was I thinking.....I have a family....

<Master O>:If only Chang would listen....

<Civilian>:Where is he, Master O?

<Master O>:Knowing him....looking for battle...oh, Mei Lian....if only you were here to tell him to stop it..(looks down)...it's all my fault...letting you get into that Tallgeese suit....now he only blames himself....

[VIEW CLOSES]

<Scorpio grabs head>: Owww....

<Wufei>:Mei Lian....(tear falls).....my dear Mei Lian....

<Fuhai>:We all fight, boy. But now, you must use your strength to finally eliminate the scourge of man- war. After that..

<Mei Lian appears,stands next to Fuhai>: You can let me rest in peace.

<Wufei closes eyes>: Fighting...all this.....

<Trieze appears in Wufei's mind>:Do you understand now, Wufei?

<Wufei>:I understand now why you impaled yourself...if we fought on....

<Trieze>:Then it would never ended. The fighting...the avenging, the revenging...I made sure no one would take their revenge on you....my friend...

<Wufei>:Treize....rest in peace,friend...

(PS taps Nataku on the shoulder)

<Scorpio>:Excuse moi...who are you talking to..?

<Wufei smiles,eyes closed>:My conscience.......I'm sorry, Scorpio.....I wonder if...if you..

<Scorpio>:If I can get your head repaired? (folds arms) We-ll....

<Wufei>:I'd like that, Phantom .(holds out Nataku's hands) Thank you.... (thank you, great-grandfather,Treize...)

(Four other Gundams boost around Wufei)

<Duo>:Well,well! Look who's makin waves!

<Quattre>:Coming, Wufei?

<Trowa>:Woken up, with a new haircut, I see...

(Chang runs hand down his bangs) :You bet.People kept calling me "sissy ponytail boy".It HAD to stop....

<Heero>:Wufei....don't push self destruct just yet.

(The five Gundams get into Pisces)

<Scorpio turns around>:Old man, what the hell did you tell him to make him turn around?

<Fuhai isn't looking at him>: I sense something else.....something evil out in space......it's big...

<Scorpio waves naah>: Forget it...(docks into Pisces)

<Fuhai stands still>:It's that man....Urope.....I can feel the bastard....but where is he??

[MOON]

(Nagaki's truck rolls into Scorpion base)

(Noventa falls out exhausted)

<Silver>: Meryl..Millie...*huff*puff* ...is it ready yet?And where is everyone?

<Meryl>:What's 'ready yet'?

<Silver>:You know, the new Mobile Suit we never built....

<Nagaki is dazed, bumps into a Mobile Suit>: Owchie...whooaa..

<Silver dashes into the cockpit>:Thanks, Nagaki! (engines start)

<Millie>:Whoa!!Silver!! Where are you going????

<Nagaki>: We *huff* saw * owchie* a colony moving towards Earth...gonna try...get a look see...

(Scorpio mkIII's boosters activate)

<Millie>:Stop, this is theft of Scorpion property!!

<Silver>:I AM a Scorpion! Get outta my way!! (boosts out the hangar)

<Meryl>: He's headed away from Earth...? But the others...

[DEEP SPACE]

<MMD>:Soldiers of Minister Urope!!!

(Hundreds of Mobile Suits, half destroyed suits, one armed suits salute)

<MMD>:We will exterminate the King of Hearts as soon as our Master reawakens!!! (Spreads arms) Master Urope!!! Hail Urope!!!

<Mobile Suits>: Hail Urope..../ *beep*beep*(eye flash)

next chapter