ALL ATANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY.

Finally by Nova

Heero - 20, Relena - 20, Millardo - 26, Lucrezia - 26

 

Three years after the Mariemeia incident.

***

Upstairs, in the Relena's room at the Royal Palace of the Sanq Kingdom.

Relena Peacecraft stood in the middle of her bedroom, fresh out of the shower. She slipped her engagement ring back on her left ring finger. She stood in her robe, drying her hair with a towel. She walked over to her dresser, glancing at the most recent picture of her and her fiancé, Heero. Relena opened her pajama drawer, and pulled out a silk gown and slipped it over her slim curvy body. She sat down on the stool at her dressing table, which had her primping stuff on it as well as twenty or so framed pictures of her and Heero. Relena started to brush out her hair and she pulled her hair into a high ponytail. She picked up her favorite picture; it was one of Heero, by himself, laughing at her. She remembered when her older brother found out about their engagement, he was furious. Lucrezia had reveled to him that Relena and Heero had been engaged for two years.

Millardo finally learned to get along with Heero, after a year of badgering Heero. She had gotten mad at her brother, because her and Heero had went on a picnic and they had had a talk and she found out that Heero was about to snap, and since that argument, her brother had started to get along with Heero. She sighed and stood up and slipped on a matching silk robe and walked downstairs, to the security room and knocked softly. Heero deep bass voice answered, as he opened the door and smiled at her as she kissed him and he pulled her to him.

"Goodnight, I love you, Heero" she said.

"I love you too, Relena" Heero said He walked her back up to her room and entered the room. She lay down and he tucked her in and kissed her goodnight.

"Goodnight" Heero said and he left as she fell into a dreamless peaceful sleep.

 

***

Downstairs.

Millardo Peacecraft sat at his desk working on some preventers' documents. There were only two people awake that he knew of beside himself. That was Heero Yuy and Lucrezia Noin. There was knock at the door of his office.

"Come in Captain" he said knowing the knock at the door was his best friend, Lucrezia Noin. She was the Captain of the Royal Guard of the Sanq Kingdom. The door opened and she entered. She was dressed in her Royal Guard garb. Her tired Italian-Japanese face was framed by her boyishly cut blue-black hair.

"Millardo, I'm going home now, Heero's staying up in the Security Room." She said and he nodded.

"Do you need a ride home?" he said looking up from the paperwork.

"No, I'll walk, it's not that far" she said.

"I'm sure, I'll be fine, Millardo, see you Monday." Lu said as she turned to leave.

"Lu," He started to say before she cut him off.

"I know, be careful, and I will, and Millardo don't stay up too, late, okay" Lu said reassuring him.

"Alright" He returned and she left the room and mansion.

 

***

 

Outside the Palace.

Lucrezia Noin shivered and started to walk down the stairs and out of the gate.

 

***

 

10 minutes later.

Lucrezia finally got outside the gate and she started the 3-12 block trek to her tiny studio apartment.

15 minutes later.

She stopped at a pedestrian crosswalk and patiently waited for the light to change. As the light changed, she looked both ways and began to quickly cross the street, suddenly a car sped through a red light and hit her, she didn't even get to scream before her passed out and the car did not even stop, it kept on going. A nearby shopkeeper, whom was closing up, saw the whole thing he called the police and ran to get her out of the street. He saw by the way she was laying that, she should not be moved. He got a good look at her face.

"Oh, my god it's the CAPTAIN!" he screamed when he recognized her. The police and medics arrived and in two minutes she had been loaded up and an accompanying officer got in the ambulance and sirens blaring she was taken to the hospital.

 

***

 

Back at the Palace.

Millardo had closed up the file was working on and went upstairs to go to bed. He was in the shower, and had his favorite CD playing loud enough that he could not hear the phone ring.

***

Back at the Hospital.

The Sanq kingdom General Hospital doctor in charge of the Icu-er, had put Lu, into a coma to reduce the swelling on her brain. She had broken both of her legs, one broken arm and a neck brace holding her neck still. The accompanying officer was talking to the doctor.

***

10 minutes later.

The doctor left the officer. The officers' name was Ryan Cadelle, and he was an ensignfor the Royal Guard.

***

The Next Morning.

At the Palace. - 7:00 am.

Relena, Heero, Quatre, and Millardo were all sitting at the breakfast table eating cereal, because all of the servant s were off. Heero got when the phone rang and answered it.

Back at the Hospital.

Officer Cadelle was outside the hospital and dialing the palace phone number. Heero Yuy answered the phone.

Back at the Palace.

Heero Yuy answered the phone.

"Heero Yuy" he said "Ensign, are you sure it was Lu, that was hit?" Heero asked after a moment.

"Hold on Ryan, calm down, I'll be right back," Heero said placing the phone on pause, and setting it down on the table.

"What's wrong, Heero?" Millardo, Quatre, and Relena asked at the same time.

"It's Ryan, the new ensign, he said Lu, was hit by a car late last night on her way home, from here. It was a hit and run accident, the car was found abandoned and wrecked a mile down the road, she's in a coma." Heero said reciting all that Ryan had told him, before picking the phone back up and continuing the call and telling Ryan that they would be there shortly. Heero hung up the phone and everyone wasted no time.

Within a half an hour they were all outside Lu's ICU room. Millardo was the first one to go in at Quatre's, Relena's, Ryan's, and Heero's urging. Millardo sat down beside her bed in a chair beside it. Millardo gently took her uninjured hand and held it.

"Lucrezia, you promised me that you'd be careful." Millard whispered softly in her ear. Remembering their years at the academy, their first assignments, her promotion to advanced flight instructor, then her fight with wufei, her humilation him saving her, joining his cause against the gundams, her honorable discharge from, Trieze, for him to become Relena's body guard. She was his best friend. no more than that, she loved him and had confessed it several times to him, and he did love her, but he wasn' t worthy, of her love, he knew that because his hands were stained with too much blood and he knew that. "Please, Please be okay my beautiful Lucrezia, my Lucy" he whispered in her ear and he kissed on the forehead.

Two weeks later...

At the Hospital...

Lucrezia was awake she had recovered remarkable well and was able to be taken home but was still bed written. Millardo had FINALLYput an engagement ring on her finger. She was waiting for her physical therapist to arrive. The PT doctor was none other that Doctor Sally Po-Chang. "You'll be in this wheelchair until you completely heal then you can start your PT. It could be up to three years, so go no with your wedding, Lu." Sally had said over the phone.

Four years later...

Millardo and Lucrezia were married as were Relena and Heero and Lu was still in the wheelchair and the prognoses was that she would never walk again. Relena and Heero had two very special children and another on the way. Millardo had had an elevator installed and she had just recently found out that she was pregnant. Millardo was so happy even though she couldn't walk he had married her anyways.

She finally had everything she and they deserved.

FINALLY!

JA NE! nova