Thank You so much for all of your reviews.  I rrrreeeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyy appreciate it.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing and they don't own me.
 
On to Chapter 1
 
Enjoy
 

LIFE, LOVE AND FAMILY: THE FURIES
 
BY THE ORACLE AT DELPHI
 
 

JUNE AC 202
 
Relena paced the small meeting room located next to the medical exam room in the basement of Preventer Headquarters.  Outside there was a terrible thunderstorm.  The thunder and lighting was having a good time above the Cinq Kingdom.  It has been raining for four days straight.
 
'Four days.  They've been gone four days and left me here to drop the bomb on a bunch of trigger happy Gundam Pilots'
 

She continued to pace and ponder her current predicament.  She herself had only been back from her "vacation" four days.  She was in no mood to deal with the Gundam Pilots and particularly Heero.  Yes, he would watch over her but she later learned that he would ask someone else to "spy" on her when he wasn't around.  Relena was shocked to learn he had been there the entire six months she's been gone.
 
'He usually didn't stay in one place six minutes let alone six months. That's because you weren't here.'
 
She shook her head to get rid of those thoughts.  She had more pressing matters to deal with.
 
On cue Heero entered the meeting room with an unusually quiet Duo behind him.
He took up his position of holding up the wall.
 
"Relena"
 
Relena stopped mid pace.
 
"Heero"
 
Relena resumed her task of wearing a path in the title floor.
 
Heero eyed Relena through his chocolate bangs as she paced the floor. 
 
'There is something different about her and there is definitely something wrong.  I wonder if she still loves me?'
 

He didn't want to think about if she didn't.
 
Duo sat at the head of the conference table, leaning back in his chair while putting his feet up on the table.
 
'Six whole months and no sign of her'
 
Duo had been searching for Hilde with no luck.  He couldn't even find her using the Preventer computer system.
 
****Flashback****
 
"Hey Duo! Wait Up!"  Hilde shouted.
 
Duo had his hand on his black duffle bag on the way out of the door.  He was headed to the Preventer Headquarters because mobile dolls had been spotted near earth.  Hilde walked up to Duo with her black duffle bag in her hand.
 
" 'K I'm ready" Hilde said with a smile.
 
"Where you going?" Duo asked puzzled.
 
"To Preventer HQ with you.  I'm joining the Preventers."  She announced with pride.
 
Duo's eyes went wide, "The hell you are!"
 
Hilde dropped her duffle bag, "Why not. I know how to fight.  I was in the military before you came along, remember."
 
"Do you remember the last time you tired to help fight.  You almost got yourself KILLED" He yelled at her.
 
"Duo. That was7 years ago.  I've improved since then."
 
"Running a scrap yard does not make you an "improved" soldier. Your stayin' here.  End ofdiscussion."  He turned and grabbed his duffle bag.
 
Hilde crossed her arms, "What do you care if I fight or not?"
 
Duo dropped his duffel bag, turned around, grabbed Hilde by her arms and shook her, "LOOK! I said your NOT going.  Now stay here and I mean STAY HERE!"
 
Duo let go of Hilde, snatched up his duffle bag and slammed the door on the way out.
 
When he returned home early the next morning he wanted to talk to Hilde and apologized for yelling at her.  Her door was closed, so he assumed she was still sleeping and he continued on to his room.  He awoke in the middle of the afternoon to a quiet house. Too quiet.  He got out of bed and headed toward the kitchen.  As he passed Hilde's bedroom he noticed that that door was still closed which was odd because Hilde left her door open when she was not in it.  He knocked on the door. No answer.  He knocked again.  No answer.  He opened the door and went shock still.  All of her things were gone.  The only thing that remained was the furniture.  On the bed was a letter.  He walked over to the bed and pick up the letter:
 
            Duo,
 
                 I've wasted enough of my life on you.  I'm outta here.
 
            Hilde.
 
****End Flashback****
 

Trowa arrived and nodded his head in greeting to the others and took the seat on the left of Duo.
 
Trowa had problems of his own.  His sister Catherine has been gone for four days and hasn't bothered to contact Trowa at all.
 
'Where the hell is she?  This is not like her at all.'
 

Just then bickering could be heard coming from the hall and gradually got louder as the combatants approached the meeting room.  A scowling Wufei and laughing Sally entered the meeting room.
 
"ONNA! Have you no honor"
 
"Well its not MY fault Miss China Porcelain Doll has the hots for you.  Apparently she doesn't mind your lack of social skills." Sally said as she laughed.
 
Wufei scowled some more and took the seat to the left of Trowa.  Sally stopped the pacing Relena to give her a much needed hug.  Sally knew how much the situation was wearing on her. Sally pulled out the seat to the right of Duo and sat down pulling Relena down to the seat to her right.
 
Noin entered the room followed by Quatre who was carrying the 5 year old Duce on his shoulders.  Duce is the nickname of Noin's son Milliardo Peacecraft II.  Everyone was shocked when they found out that Noin was pregnant and stun stupid when they found out Milliardo was the father.   They thought the Lighting Count was dead but apparently he came back to leave Noin a parting gift.  No one has seen or heard from him since.
 
"Auntie Reeeenaaaa"
 
Duce shouted as he tried to jump off Quatre's shoulder and into Relena's lap.  Quatre set the boy down on the ground and he pounced on Relena giving her a death grip hug and a big wet kiss.
 
"I missed you Auntie Rena, Did you bring me something back?"
 
Relena slyly wiped her wet cheek on the shoulder of her shirt as she hugged her nephew in return.
 
"Of course I did.  It's in my room.  You can have it as soon as we get home."
 
Noin sat next to Relena while Quatre took the seat next to Wufei.
 
"Ok. Now that we're all here, what is this about."  Wufei stated.
 
Sally gave Relena a reassuring nod.  Relena stood up and gave Duce back to Noin.
 
'Her goes nothing'
 

"The Furies are missing and you have to go find them."
 
Wufei raised an eyebrow, "The Furies?  Who or what the hell are they?" 
 
"The Furies is a name from mythology for the female spirits of Justice and Venegence" Quatre answered.
 
Sally looked at Wufei like he was an idiot, "the Furies is Preventers Elite Spy and Recon Team. You didn't know that?"
 
"I am NOT going to rescue a group of weak women." Wufei snarled getting up from his chair.
 
**THWACK**
 
A long steel knife landed on the edge of the table right in front of Wufei.
 
"They are NOT weak women and you ARE going to rescue them.  Now sit DOWN Chang Wufei or next time I won't miss." Relena said through her teeth as she reached across the table to reclaim her knife.
 
"What the hell did you do on your vacation?" Heero asked shocked that the pacifist princess could throw a knife let alone be accurate.
 
Relena turned her head to look over her shoulder at Heero, "Learning to Live."
 
And she put her knife back in its hiding place.
 
'I wonder what else you've been learning to do' Heero thought
 

Wufei promptly sat back down in his seat.  Sally bowed her head to hide her laughter.
 
"In order to find them you gonna have to know who your looking for."
 
Relena took out a silver disc and placed it into computer built into the table and pressed a blue button that made a huge view screen emerge at the end of the table opposite Duo.  Relena sat back down in her chair and prayed for the best as the lights dimmed and the screen flickered to life.
 
**Computer Voice**
 
"Furies: Elite Spy and Recon Team"
 
"Hilde Schiebecker, Preventer Persephone"
 
**Computer screen flashes a picture of Hilde**
 
"SAY WHAT!!!" Duo yelled sitting straight up in his chair.  Relena sank a little lower in hers.
 
***Computer Continues***
 
"Kellee Deanna Winner, Preventer Athena"
 
**Computer screen flashes a picture of Kellee who looks like Quatre only she has light green eyes and has long blonde hair.  A shade darker than Quatre's'
 
"HUH!!" Quatre too stunned to say more.  Relena shifts a little in her seat.
 
***Computer Continues***
 
"Catherine Bloom, Preventer Artemis"
 
**Computer flashes a picture of Catherine**
 
"." Trowa gave his usual reply but inside he was fuming.  Relena was grateful she was on the other side of the table.  According to what Catherine told her about Trowa no response was just as bad as getting one.
 
***Computer Continues***
 
"Janai Jamenson Yuy, Preventer Syren"
 
A shout echoed throughout the room "YUY!!"
 
Heero was unmoved.  Relena was relived.
 
**Computer flashes a picture of Janai who looks like Heero's twin, the same Prussian blue eyes and chocolate brown hair but with Duo's braid and Duo's smile**
 
The computer screen retreated back to its hiding place and the lights came back on.
 
"Well" Sally said. "Are there any questions?"
 

 
AUTHORS NOTE:
 
I'm in to Greek Mythology that's where the names come from.
 
Persephone is the wife of Hades ­ The God of Death
 
Syren which is really spelled Siren, lured men to their death with her beauty ­ means dangerously seductive woman.
 
Athena is the Goddess of War.
 
Artemis is the Goddess of Hunting.
 
The Furies are the female spirits of justice and vengeance ­ means raving madness.