Endless HAVOC: God vs. Soldier
by Neesah

Disclaimer: I said it before, I'll say it again: I dont own Gundam Wing or Gundam G. But I own Athena, Professor Arbus, Damon and the rest whom I made up.

This chapter is the technical part of the whole series. And relatively short compared to the others. I hope that I made it realistic and easy to understand. This is my first fanfic so please bear with me. Endless HAVOC is set right after Endless Waltz and I tried to pattern it after the Gundam tradition. There is no lemon or lime here, also this is non yaoi, all pairings are straight and the 'usual' ones. For comments, suggestions or reviews you can email me at raizenheero@aol.com .





Chapter 5: And its name is HAVOC



"HUH?!"

"This is great. Just great," Duo mumbled sarcastically.

"So you designed the HAVOC," Heero stated.

"The 5 of us, Howard and Professor Arbus did. You all already knew about the Alliance commissioning us to design Mobile Suits for them, hence we made the Tallgeese."

"But in AC 175 President Heero Yuy was assassinated. In retaliation, we quit the project and went underground. We then agreed upon to create a new Mobile Suit that is stronger and more powerful than the ones we created before. That's when we started designing the HAVOC."

"And we succeeded. If truth be told, the Gundam HAVOC lived up to its name. It's like having the God of War descend on the battlefield and wreak havoc. We intended the HAVOC to be good both in long-range and short-range battles and for it to be able to defeat any vast armada singlehandedly. Its weapons are basically the same with the Wing Zero's with the added bonus of hyper jammers, two dragon fangs, flame throwers and 10 planetary defensors though it cannot transform into neo-bird mode. With this and the Zero system, the HAVOC is virtually invincible in battle."

"What were you thinking? How could you create a monster like that?" Noin exclaimed.

"We created the Wing Zero and the other Gundams, didn't we? But we knew that the HAVOC is really a monster, that's why we didn't continue working on it. It doesn't only pose danger in the battlefield, but to its pilot as well."

"What do you mean?" Quatre asked.

"Its system is very different from the other Gundams due to the way it is piloted. In order to operate the HAVOC, the pilot must 'synchronize' with it. Upon entering the cockpit from the back of the Gundam, the pilot passes through a black fabric-like substance that hugs the contours of the pilot's body, somewhat forming a space suit. This fabric-like substance is actually the interface matrix of the HAVOC, the one responsible in synchronizing the pilot's mind and body with the Gundam itself, making the pilot the Gundam and the Gundam the pilot."

"So whatever the pilot's movements are, they were mimicked by the Gundam like they are one body," Trowa stated.

"Yes. The pilot feels and thinks that he is the one battling. So if he moves an arm, the Gundam moves its arm also. If he sees an enemy, he could jump, fly or kick it and the Gundam follows suit. This is advantageous in the sense that the pilot wouldn't be sitting down, gripping the control handles, pushing buttons and looking at screens. He only has to rely on himself - like any soldier does in an armed manual combat. If he thinks he needs the buster rifle or beam sabre he just grabs it from where he knew it is located on the Gundam's body and use it. If he wants to use the vulcans, machine cannons or use the jammers, he'll just think to himself 'fire vulcans' or 'activate jammers'. If he wants to use the dragon fang he'll just think of extending his arms to a certain direction and it will do so. "

"But the connection is 2-way, isn't it? Whatever happens to the Gundam happens to the pilot too. That's why you said the HAVOC also poses danger to its pilot," Wufei said.

"True. If the Gundam was hit, the pilot will feel like he's personally the one hit. He'll have a bruise or feel pain in that area where the Gundam was hit. If the Gundam loses an arm, the pilot's arm wouldn't fall off but he'll feel the pain of losing an arm. That's where the planetary defensors come in handy. This array of 10 remote controlled devices, like in the Mercurius, generates a protective field capable of deflecting both physical attacks and beam blasts. Of course there's a certain limit to what the planetary defensors can endure and deflect, as Duo could remember when he battled and defeated Mercurius and Vayeate. Like, if the HAVOC decided to go fly into the sun, the planetary defensors wouldn't be able to protect it," Dr. J chuckled. "Sufficient bombardment will make the defensors useless against physical attacks from dueling with a sabre or the like, but still be able to deflect beam blasts. Though as far as we know there's no weapon in existence that can generate a blast powerful enough that can penetrate it completely, making the shield useless. Besides, the defensors' capability is connected to the pilot's endurance and we all know for a fact that there is a limit to what a body can endure."

"The pilot must be very strong physically. And he should be capable of fighting while controlling the HAVOC through his mind," Zechs assessed.

"Correct. The HAVOC places a great physical burden on its pilot and also a much larger mental burden since he has to control the HAVOC through his thoughts with the added stress of using the Zero system. The pilot must be physically and mentally strong, having a well-trained body, a clear head, a strong mind and determined will. So as you can see the pilot should be a superhuman or someone above human to be able to control this thing. If we could find a suitable pilot then the HAVOC will truly be invincible, making the pilot feel that he's really the God of War. Otherwise the pilot will go berserk with too much mental and physical stress and die just minutes of being inside the suit. With these conclusions, we decided to drop HAVOC and start designing Wing Zero. "

"If you decided not to build HAVOC, how come there's a Gundam HAVOC attacking presently?" Sally asked.

"I don't know though I have my suspicions. We we're just beginning the design of Wing Zero when Professor Arbus died. His house exploded but his remains were never found, and with his death the blueprint of the HAVOC was lost. The HAVOC is practically his brainchild so he's the one who got to keep its original, not to mention one and only design plans."

Heero was able to put together the pieces of the puzzle. "Hn. Based from the archives, the pilot under Damon was trained to be able to handle something like the HAVOC. So, Damon managed to get the plans, before or after the explosion, making the HAVOC the 6th Gundam."

"And whoever is piloting it is our leader," Quatre said.

"Supposed to be leader, Quatre. We never did go through the real Operation Meteor," Duo corrected him.

"But nobody can just use the HAVOC's blueprints and build it. Only one person has the ability and knowledge to build the technology for the interface matrix," Dr. J informed them. "So that means-"

"Professor Arbus didn't die in that explosion. He's alive. He's the one who made the HAVOC and he's working for Damon," Lady Une said.

"But even with the our Gundams in the scene, defeating the HAVOC is near to impossible if I heard everything Dr. J said about it correctly," Trowa said.

"I think that the original HAVOC has the Zero system, the one we fought has not," Zechs told them.

"How do you know that it doesn't have the Zero system? Dr. J just said that the HAVOC has it installed," Duo asked him.

"Well, anyone who used the Zero system and fought another who is using the Zero system too will be able to know, right Zechs?" Quatre said.

"Right. First, I have used the Wing Zero to fight Heero in Epyon. Then I used Epyon to fight Wing Zero. I can say that I have sufficient experience to tell whether or not my enemy is using the Zero system," Zechs answered.

"Let's see the battle again," Lady Une suggested. Half of the screen shows the fight while half still has Dr. J's image on.

"Zech's is right. That HAVOC doesn't have the Zero system," Heero informed them.

"I agree," Quatre amended.

"Ok, Zero system gurus please enlighten us why," Duo said.

"I noticed that he's not predicting my moves the way the Zero system predicts it. He's just like any soldier or pilot in battle," Zechs answered. Trowa and Wufei looked at each other then nodded their agreement.

"Is that possible?" Sally asked Dr. J.

"Hmm. I think so. Removing the Zero system will make the HAVOC a less threat to the pilot, though the pilot should still be physically strong and has a clear mind," is Dr. J's answer.

"Even without the Zero system it still is a danger," Trowa said.

"And still difficult to beat," Duo added.

"I think that the Gundams are sufficient enough to subdue it though getting through the planetary defensors will be quiet a challenge, the HAVOC's planetary defensors being stronger compared to the Mercurius. Also, the Wing Zero is a match to HAVOC so if worse comes to worst, the one who will emerge the victor is the better pilot." Everyone looked at Heero.

"How's the reconstruction going?" Heero asked Dr. J.

"Well. Your Gundams will be ready on Wednesday and I'll be expecting you 5 to be here by then. Is that all? If it is, I better get back to my work. Damon is way ahead of us."

"Hn." And with that the call was disconnected.

"So what do we do now?" asked Noin.

"We wait," is Heero's answer.

"And we don't have to wait very long. The Peace Summit is on Monday. He'll attack then," Wufei said.

"We're going to use the Summit as a bait?" Noin asked again.

"The Peace Summit will decide the fate of Colonies and Earth's relations. Damon wouldn't just sit down and let the Earth and Colonies resolve their differences," Trowa answered.

"And besides there's nothing more we could do. We don't know where his base is or how large his army. We also have to wait for the Gundams to be finished," Quatre said.

"But we cant just wait and do nothing," Sally told them.

"We wont. We'll continue to search for the base. And we'll continue to prepare so we could be ready anytime he attacks. I'll put the whole Preventers on red alert. We must make sure that nothing bad happens on the Peace Summit --- I repeat, nothing. And I'll put Relena on an even tighter surveillance. She's a big key factor in Earth-Colonies relations and she will be targeted."

Lady Une turned her attention to the 5 Gundam pilots. "Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre and Wufei, you'll be in charge of protecting Relena 24 hrs a day from now on until this mess is over. The other bodyguards will be patrolling the whole Palace and will be available for back-up. We wouldn't trust anybody now. Relena will be safer with you 5 around. Quatre, please keep monitoring the Colonies. And Heero, keep an open communication with the scientists. They might have some information that could help us."

She then addressed the whole assembly. "Wind, Fire and Water will help me with the Preventers, making preparations, searching for the base and weeding out our traitor. We'll be having a meeting everynight at 10pm in this room so that we could update each other. This room is secure enough, we are the only ones who knew of its existence, not even Relena knows about this. And more importantly, nobody runs off or leave without telling." Lady Une looked at Heero pointedly. "We need to work together if we want to end this threat. Understood?" Murmurs of ascent were heard. "Ok then. It's past midnight. We should all go to sleep. Meeting adjourned."

"Lady Une, why don't you stay here for the night? There are many vacant rooms and it's too late for you to drive home. Marimeia is safe enough with Natoia in your house," Noin offered.

"Thanks. I appreciate that."

"You too, Sally, Wufei," Noin said.

"Thanks," Sally and Wufei told her.

"Ok. Just follow me and I'll show you to your rooms. Heero, yours is next to Duo so just go with him. Good night everybody." And with that, silence dawned on the one filled room.



That's all for Chapter 5. The internals of the Gundam HAVOC was patterned after the Gundams in Gundam G. So if you've watched Gundam G you have a pretty good idea what Im talking about in this chapter. This is not really a crossover, I just borrowed the idea and twisted it a little. Please send in your reviews, pretty please?