Disclaimer: :sigh: I dont own Gundam Wing. :sigh again:

Fun day is over. Now it's purely business. This is my first fanfic so please bear with me. Endless HAVOC is set right after Endless Waltz and I tried to pattern it after the Gundam tradition. There is no lemon or lime here, also this is non yaoi, all pairings are straight and the 'usual' ones. For comments, suggestions or reviews you can email me at raizenheero@aol.com .

Warning: A few bad words hehe.







Chapter 7: When HAVOC arises, everything ends




MONDAY 8:45 AM

"Be alert. Radio everything suspicious," Noin ordered to the men standing guard within the palace grounds. For the Peace Summit, Noin was assigned by Lady Une as the head of the Preventer agents securing the area around the Peacecraft Palace while Zechs is the head of the guards responsible for securing the conference building and protecting the Congregation delegates inside it.

"Yes ma'am," came the chorus of answers. Satisfied, Noin turned and started walking to the west end of the palace where the Peace Summit was being held in a converted Guest House. She just finished her 3rd round of inspection around while Duo, Towa and Wufei are doing their own inspection, aside from the other Preventers. One can never be too cautious, she reasoned.

She was nearly on the door of the conference building when her commlink beeped.

"Noin?"

"Yes, Duo. What's your status?"

"Nothing suspicious. Everything's fine here."

"Good to hear that. Over and out."

As she entered the building, her eyes wandered about. She smiled when she saw what she's looking for. A tall man with platinum blond hair turned his head and focused his icy blue eyes on her. She saw him dismiss the guard he's been talking to and made his way towards her.

"Hello, Noin."

"Hello, Zechs. How are things here?"

"Things are going smoothly. There are no problems whatsoever."

"Good. I only have to wait for Trowa and Wufei so I could report to Lady Une."

"Be careful," Zechs said as he hugged his wife.

"I will. Be careful too." He kissed the top of her head before returning to his duties of supervising Preventer guards and ordering them to their positions.

She was on her way out when she saw Wufei leaning near the door. She stopped and asked, "Well?"

"All clear," Wufei answered.

She then turned to Trowa who was just entering the building. "Nothing. All clear," Trowa informed her.

"Well then, I can now report to Lady Une." She went to the nearest vidphone. Lady Une's image appeared on the screen.

"Noin. Is the area secured?"

"Yes. We inspected the whole grounds 3 times. It's clear. No bombs, no suspicious people, nothing. Zechs reported that it's the same inside the building."

"What about Relena?"

"She's fine. Heero never let her out of his sight the whole morning."

"Are all the men in position?"

Noin saw Duo enter and approach Trowa and Wufei. "Affirmative."

Then Sally appeared beside Lady Une. "Excuse me, Lady Une. We've confirmed that there are no leaks within the Preventer ranks. It was an outsider," Sally reported.

"That's good to hear," Lady Une said.

"If it's an outsider, he's one good hacker," Noin commented.

Sally turned her head and saw Noin's image on the screen. "Hi, Noin. How's your end holding up?"

"Ok, for now."

"How are the girls?" Sally asked.

Noin couldn't help but smile. "They're fine. They're lounging by the pool at the opposite end of the Palace. They'll be safe even if trouble occurs. But they're definitely bored. They couldn't wait for the Summit to be over so we could party already."

"As we all are," Sally chuckled. Lady Une smiled too.

"Hope there'll be no problems. Goodluck, Noin," Sally said to her.

"Thanks."

"The whole Preventers are on stand-by so if anything happens just call," Lady Une told her. "Goodluck."

"Roger." Then the call was terminated.

Noin walked towards the 3 boys. "I'll be outside if you ever need me ok."

"Ok. Just yell if you need back-up," Duo offered.

Noin smiled and went to her post.


After Noin left, Trowa, Wufei and Duo looked at each other, their faces grim.

"You feel it too huh?" Duo asked.

Trowa nodded.

"Something's definitely going to happen today. Let's just hope that we made all the necessary precautions to stop it," Wufei said.

They saw Heero, who was stationed way in front, look at their direction then nodded at them. "Heero senses it too," Trowa commented.

"I think I should be going to my designated post. See ya," Duo said as he made his way in front of the hall, opposite Heero. Wufei stayed standing by the left side of the door while Trowa positioned himself at the right side, like two dark sentinels. They surveyed the hall, all senses alert, fervently hoping nothing will go wrong.


Even with all the Congregation officials and the horde of Preventer agents roaming around, the Conference hall still doesn't feel crowded. It's so big, which is to be expected from a former Peacecraft 2-story Guest House. Way in front is an elevated platform with a podium, where Relena will be presiding the Conference. Below it are rows of tables where the President and other Congregation officials will be seated. Opposite the podium is the door leading outside the building where Preventer agents are stationed. There are also agents at the second floor overlooking the whole hall and in every nook and cranny of the first floor. That's why it's not surprising to see a lone figure dressed in nondescript jeans and green tank top leaning against the wall to the right of the podium. But one wouldn't notice him easily, for he blends well in the shadows, if not for his eyes and the way he held his body as if exuding danger. To the wrong person.

Heero's eyes roamed around the room, like a predator hunting for his prey. The enemy is here, he said to himself. He will attack, I can feel it in my bones. He saw Duo, Trowa and Wufei standing by the door and noticed the statement on their faces. Hn, They know. He nodded to them, silently telling them that he knows it too. His gaze went back to Relena who at the moment is talking with several delegates below the stage, Athena standing beside her.


Quatre sighed in relief when the Colony delegate sitting beside him stopped talking to him. He felt uneasy the whole morning but he cant figure out why. He glanced around the room and saw everyone's in position --- the Preventer agents, Zechs peering down from the second floor above the podium, Trowa and Wufei by the door, Duo at the left side of the podium while Heero is at the right and he himself is seated on the place assigned to him as a Colony Delegate. He saw Relena talking with the other officials, Heero silently watching her. Heero acknowledged him by glancing at him for a second then continued his vigil over Relena. Well, no assassin could definitely get pass us now. About the bombs, Trowa and the others inspected the whole place so there shouldn't be any problems.I hope. He then noticed the other delegates take their seats, Athena say goodbye to Relena and Relena go up the podium. Quatre glanced at his watch. 9 am. It's time.


AT THE POOL

"Hey, I think the Summit already started," Dorothy said to her two friends. Clad in her one-piece bathing suit, she's peacefully sitting on one of the pool chairs sipping her drink.

Sitting beside her, Catherine adjusted the straps of her bikini top then replied, "Good. I hope it goes well. That way we have more reasons to celebrate tonight."

Hilde hoisted herself out of the pool and grabbed a towel. "What you're really trying to say, Cathy, is that you hope the Summit ends early so we could snag Relena and the others for another day of fun."

Dorothy and Catherine laughed at this. "You really know me well, Hilde," Cathy said to her.

"I agree with Cathy 100%! Just think about it, another torture day for the boys in the mall, oops, I mean another fun day with them hehe. Hope the Summit finishes early," Dorothy said.

"Yeah, I'll like that too. But Im really looking forward to the party. This is the first time I'll see Heero in a tuxedo. And as Relena's escort, he'll be forced to socialize with people. They would be dancing too. We'll surely have a good laugh about it, especially Duo," Hilde said, grinning.

"And I wont want to miss the look on Zech's face when Relena and Heero go lovey-dovey," Catherine added.

The three friends laughed again. Then they heard a loud crashing noise.

"Huh?"

"What was that?"


AT THE PALACE GROUNDS

Noin looked up and her blood ran cold. "Oh my God"


AT THE CONFERENCE...

"HEERO! BROTHER! HELP!" Relena shrieked as a big metallic hand grabbed her.

"RELENA!" Heero and Zechs yelled at the same time.

The HAVOC ripped off the whole roof of the building, grasping a struggling Relena in one hand. The whole Congregation stood frozen, in shock and fear. Zechs immediately radioed Noin for back-up. He then saw Heero jump to the Gundam, trying to get Relena free but the HAVOC fired his flame throwers at him.

"HEERO!" Duo and Quatre shouted as they ran towards him, Trowa and Wufei behind them. Luckily, Heero dodged fast enough but fell hard on the floor. The whole Conference building was on fire! The HAVOC then flew away, Preventer MS and shuttles on its tail. The Congregation officials finally regained their wits and made a stampede out of the building.

"Protect the delegates!" Zechs ordered his men as he ran down. He saw the four boys helping a limping Heero out of the building. When they're all outside, they saw Noin's men trying to put out the fire while the delegates are busy yelling at each other, surrounded by Zechs' men.

Noin rushed up to Zechs and the boys as they set Heero down. "I sent some Tauruses and shuttles to follow the HAVOC and retrieve Relena."

Zechs answered, "Good. Thanks, Noin."

Duo looked at Heero, "Are you---"

"Forget about me! GO! Save Relena."

"First you should----" Quatre started to say. He saw that Heero's left arm is partly burned and he's holding his right shoulder.

"JUST GO! I'll activate the tracking device on her earrings then I'll follow you."

"We need some Mobile Suits," Wufei said.

"There are three Taurus suits left, go use them," Noin told them.

"You three go. I'll stay here and help calm the officials," said Quatre.

"Roger," Trowa answered. He, Duo and Wufei then tan towards the MS.

Zechs eyed Heero doing something with his right shoulder. "Dislocated shoulder?"

"And leg," Heero answered flatly. After he finished setting his shoulder, he then turned to his leg. Noin and Quatre turned green looking at him.

"Maybe you need medical attention," Noin said.

Heero finished setting his leg then stood up. "No need. Just call Lady Une and inform her of the situation. I'll track down Relena." With that, Heero went into the palace. Noin followed him inside so she could call Lady Une.

Meanwhile, the yelling among the officials is getting louder.

"Is that a Gundam?!"

"I knew it! You colonists are planning to take over the whole ESUN!"

"That's not true!"

"What are you saying?!"

"You're nuts!"

"Am I? It's pretty obvious what you're trying to do!"

"Are you accusing us?!"

"You're the ones who are trying to subjugate the colonies! Again!"

The yelling continued.

"GENTLEMEN! Please stop this! Miss Relena wouldn't want you to be yelling and blaming each other!" Quatre interceded.

"What do you know, Winner?!"

"You're a colonist! Why would we listen to you?!"

"Cant you see what's happening? Someone wants to break the ties between the Earth and the colonies and he's succeeding because you're blaming each other for something neither of you do!"

"How can you be sure that these Earth aristocrats didn't cause all this?!"

"How can we be sure that the colonies don't want to take over the ESUN?!"

"Because like Miss Relena, I believe that we are all tired of war, that we all just want to live peace. And that neither the Earth nor the colonies will do anything to jeopardize the peace we just achieved."

"But that's the problem. Miss Relena isn't here!"

"She's the only one we trust!"

"Without her, there'll be no peace!"

"That's not true! If Relena's here, she's going to be really pissed off with you! She'll be mad with all of you, seeing how you're behaving!"

The officials stopped talking and looked at the Preventer agent who just yelled at them, his blue eyes flashing. He seemed kind of familiar.

"My sister is not peace itself! Neither is she the single cause of peace! If she's here, she'll throw this fact to your faces! She wants peace and works hard to maintain it but she shouldn't be the only one responsible for it. How many times does she have to repeat that peace is something we all work hard to maintain? All of us are responsible, not just her, not just the Preventers, ALL OF US!"

"Sister?"

"You're---"

"Zechs Merquise?"

"Milliardo Peacecraft!"

"But you're supposed to be dead!"

"It's not important whether Im alive or dead. The important thing is that we're going to get Relena back. And Im sure she wouldn't want you to be fighting each other, jeopardizing the peace we all worked hard for just because of her."

"But she's been kidnapped by a Gundam!"

"And we all know that Gundams can only be built in outer space!"

"Are you implying that the colonies kidnapped Miss Relena?!"

"Maybe you're just faming us up!"

"Yeah. Maybe you aristocrats commissioned a Gundam to be built so that everbody will blame us colonists!"

"GENTLEMEN! Yelling and accusing each other wont solve anything. We could all settle this peacefully. I know that this has been a rough day to all of us so it would be best if we all go home and rest. We could continue the Summit at a later date, when we find Miss Relena," Quatre told them.

Zechs turned to his men. "Escort the delegates to their respective destinations. Make sure that they return to their homes safely, here on Earth or on the colonies," he ordered. He then swept a gaze at the Congregation officials. "And remember gentlemen, being rational human beings as you are, you dont just jump to wage war head on when its fairly clear that there's no need for it."


**********************************************************************************



"Where are they?" Duo asked, exasperated.

"These are the coordinates the shuttle transmitted when they sent us the distress call. They're here somewhere," Trowa answered.

"Or maybe the HAVOC had already destroyed them all," Wufei said.

"Dont say shit like that, Wufei," Duo told him. "Be a little more optimistic."

"You havent battled this Gundam, Maxwell. We did. And it's highly probable,"Wufei answered.

They continued flying around, looking for a sign of the HAVOC or the Preventer forces sent after it.

"Damn! We lost them!" Duo said.

"Hey, there's something down there," Wufei told them.

The three Tauruses descended. They saw MS and shuttle wreckage scattered all over the place.

"I guess Wufei is right after all," Trowa said in a somber tone.

"But we still got an ace up our sleeve right? We can still track down Jousan."

"For once I agree with you, Maxwell. Yuy's gift really comes in handy,"

"Then let's go back and ask Heero for directions," Trowa suggested. From below, three Taurus suits can be seen flying in the direction of the Sanc Kingdom.



**********************************************************************************



Where is he taking me? Relena asked herself as the Gundam continued to fly. I sure hope he's not planning to drop me. She closed her eyes. Yet, she still cannot erase the image of this Gundam destroy singlehandedly (and I mean it literally since it's still holding Relena with its right hand) 20 Taurus suits and 5 armed shuttles. Aside from it being a Gundam, the Preventers couldn't use their full fire power for fear of accidentally hitting Relena so the odds are really against the good guys. She then realized that they were descending. She opened her eyes and saw a large military base in the middle of the dessert. As they landed, several soldiers ran to them. The Gundam put her down and the soldiers restrained her.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"

No response.

"What are you trying to accomplish? We are living in peace, why are you trying to disrupt it?"

Silence still.

Relena is getting frustrated. "You cant keep me here! They will find me. Heero will find me!"

"We know. That's what we're counting on," a flat voice from behind informed her.

Relena turned her head to look at the source of the voice. Her eyes widened in surprise, "YOU!"



PREVENTERS HQ 6:30 PM

The whole gang is crowded inside Lady Une's office, waiting for Heero to track down Relena's location.

"What's taking you so long to find her, Yuy?" Zechs asked.

Heero gave him a death glare as a response then continued typing in his laptop.

"Maybe she didn't wear it. You know how onnas like variety in their accessories," Wufei suggested. Everybody stared at him with surprise, even Heero. "What did I say now?"

Quatre was the first one to recover."I can remember seeing her in the Summit wearing the earrings," he assured them.

"Hmm, maybe it's broken," Duo said.

"It's not. There's something jamming the transmitter," Heero answered.

"The HAVOC has hyper jammers, maybe that's the reason," Trowa informed them.

"So the HAVOC is still flying around with her?" Sally asked.

"Maybe. But it's also possible that they are holding her in a place with jammers," Lady Une said. She bowed her head, letting it rest on one hand. Why are we so worried? She still has the earrings, we can easily track her down. But why is it that I can't help feeling that something will go wrong? God, no. Please help us find her.

"I just hope she's safe," Hilde whispered, tears threatening to fall down her cheeks. Duo tightened his hold on her. "She is, babe. Don't worry about her. You know that she wouldn't want you fretting about her."

"Tonight is her birthday! It's supposed to be her happiest night!" Catherine sobbed in Trowa's chest. Trowa gently stroked her hair. "Ssh. It's alright, Cathy. Everything's going to be fine. You'll see."

"She should have been laughing and dancing, not locked up someplace. She didn't do anything wrong, why is she always being targeted?" Dorothy asked weakly. Quatre hold her hand. "We'll find her Dorothy. Have faith."

Wufei looked at Sally. He could see that she's trying hard to fight back tears. She's a soldier after all, he thought. But she's also a woman. Sally was startled when Wufei put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. She's a strong girl. She'll be back with us soon." Sally smiled at him as she hastily brushed away a stray tear from her face.

Noin, who was standing beside Zechs, held her husband's hand. Zechs looked at Noin snd squeezed her hands reassuringly. She rested her head on his shoulders and closed her eyes. She couldn't help a little smile form on her lips when she felt her husband's fingers brush away the tears falling silently on her cheeks.

"I found her," Heero announced. There's a slight lilt to his voice but his face remained blank.

"It's about time," Zechs sneered, but visibly pleased too.

Heero chose to ignore him. He's relieved that finally he tracked her down. "Lady Une we need some MS."

"Take as many agents and suits with you as you want, Heero," Lady Une offered.

"We'll only be needing 5 Serpent suits. Zechs will bring the Tallgeese. Taking more will just be a waste of vital resources."

"Are you sure? There's a big chance that you'll face the HAVOC, and we dont know how large his forces are."

"And their security will be tighter now that they have Relena," Noin added.

"Heero's right. Our forces are limited enough as it is. We can't afford any more losses. We can handle it," Trowa said.

"Ok then, what are we waiting for? We have a princess to save," Duo said happily.

"Be careful," the girls chorused as the six men strode out of the room.



IN THE DESERT

Six Mobile Suits quietly descended near a large military base. Six pilots jumped from their suits and quickly immobilized all the guards patrolling outside. Since they know Relena's exact location inside the base (thanks to the earrings) they decided to let just Heero go in and get her (much to Zechs' chagrin). The rest of them will stay outside, watch for the HAVOC or other enemy MS and cover their escape.

It only took Heero 5 minutes to dodge guards and find Relena's holding cell. After overriding the electronic keyboard to open the solid metal door, he quietly but purposely stepped in. "Relena?" he called out softly. Hn. Déjà vu. After a few seconds, his eyes adjusted to the darkness and focused on the content of the bed at the far corner of the room.


"What's taking them so long?" Zechs grumbled in his commlink. They're all waiting in their MS.

"Just be patient, Zechs. Heero's been gone for only 7 minutes," Quatre told him.

"Don't worry. Maybe they're just taking time enjoying a private reunion," Duo said, teasingly.

"Don't you find it strange? The Gundam is not here," Wufei asked them.

"Also, there are only a few soldiers guarding the base. There's not even one MS," Trowa added.

"Hey guys, I think I see Heero," Quatre called to them.

True enough, they could see an outline of a figure with brown hair crawling out of a window.

"BLOODY HELL!" Zechs exclaimed when all of a sudden they saw Heero's body flew out of the window as the whole base was engulfed by a huge explosion.




What do you think? Email me at raizenheero@aol.com.