Healing A Broken Heart

Chapter One

Melville's Best Friend

 

"You are not going out on that thing. Relena Darlain! You listen to me! Get off that motorcycle this minute!"

She ignored her as usual. And, as usual, Noin hadn't heard her escape until the last minute. She was on the 3rd floor balcony, while Relena was getting ready to drive off on the death trap of transportation. Really, she thought to herself, she should take this thing away from me when she knows all I'm going to do is take off. She put on her helmet, and sped off.

"I can't take this anymore! I need some major help." Noin put her hand on her forehead and let out an extremely tired sigh. Then it hit her. " Felicia, get me Sally Poe. We need to talk. Tell her it's urgent."

The secretary sped off to do as she was told.

Meanwhile, Relena had reached her destination. It was a secluded place that no one else knew about. It was her sanctuary. This was the only place she could go to get away from it all: the meetings, the overprotective Noin, the under protective guards, the numerous death threats, and last but not least, her incredible depression.  She had been steadily going down hill when everyone left her. Her mother and Pagan were in a car crash and died, she felt responsible. She should have been in that car, but she was late. She told them to go on without herand then a terrorist attacked. The Gundam pilots left. She hadn't heard or seen from them in so long. Even Quatre wasn't heard from. She realized later that anyone she loved left her. The solution was simple: never love again. She had been faithful to a T on that. However, lovelessness filled her with little or no other emotions. She had turned to stone. And the culprit of her sorrow was one, Heero Yuy. It's true, she had loved him. A silly schoolgirl crush, she guessed. But now, after all this time, she didn't feel a thing. Not even anger reached the depths of her mind. She hadn't laughed or cried in months. But none of that mattered now. She was in her solitude. Not even Noin knew where she was. She liked it that way. She sat next to a small pond, and starred at the waterfall that fed it.

"It's like it's a soul." She said. " It keeps getting what it needs to live. It had a future, and a purpose. I suppose I used to be like that." Her eyes dulled. "But I don't have a soul anymore. It's funny, isn't it? I used to have more faith than anyone I know. But, when my waterfall left, I dried up. No more sustenance. No more feelings. Justemptiness." She still sat there when it began to rain.

"No, Sally, I need them over here now. How soon can they They've already agreed? Wow, that's great. We've got an incredibly fast jet up there, why don't they use that? All right, it'll be about an hour. I know, technology these daysSally? She needs a lot of help. I thank you my friend." She lay down on her bed. Relena's gonna' get better. Maybe she won't be so stony now

It had been raining for 45 minutes before she even noticed. " Great" she said, completely soaked. She really shouldn't have worn a white shirt. She got on her bike and headed back home.

They had gotten there early. They started setting up defense mechanisms, and had almost finished when she got home. Noin greeted her with a dry towel.

"Where were you?"

"Doesn't matter, I'm back. Listen, Noin, will you head on up to the training room? I need to work for awhile."

"Sure, Relena. No problem."

Wuffie was sitting at the control panel, incredibly amazed. There was every kind of martial art programmed into this thing. Noin entered the room to see an almost gapping Wuffie. " She wants to train. You wanna' stay and watch?"

"No. I want to set up her program file. I need to see what she can do."

"You'll be surprised. You won't believe what you see. I watch her every day, and I still can't believe it. But, sure, Wuffie, it's all yours. Just, be careful, okay?"

The rest of the Gundam pilots entered. They had obviously finished their tasks. " Woah! What's this Wu-man?" Duo screeched.

"I am not 'wu-man', and it's a training center, Maxwell."

"Lena trains?" questioned Trowa.

"I'm not sure I like that." whispered Quatre.

"I'm sure Noin knows what she's doing." Heero muttered.

"You won't believe what you see, guys." She left the room.

"I hate weak women, this had better be something good." scowled Wuffie.

She walked in. Her hair was still damp. She stretched a little, and signaled for "Noin" to start the program. Wuffie complied.

She looks so much more mature" said Trowa.

"She's grown up, that's all." Quatre said.

"I'll tell you what, she looks hot. That's all there is to it; plain and simple. She a walking ball of sexy." Drooled Duo. No one argued with him, but Quatre gave him a look. "You must all agree, then." Duo sneered. "I'm just the only one who will say anythiwow! Look at her go!"

The girl was amazing. She was dodging, punching, kicking, and blasting away with incredible ease. "Turn it up, Noin, I'm not a child." Again, Wuffie complied. She was on fire. Wuffie tried to input some new data and moves into the computer, but still, she continued to dominate the machine. Wuffie kept raising the difficulty of the computer. For three hours he continued. Finally, she stopped. "Enough." She said. The 3D man in front of her almost hit her with a saber, but Wuffie stopped the training in the nick of time. She picked up a towel , and left the room. The guys just starred at the empty room and thought: how in the name of all that is holy did she do that?

"Does anyone object to me dumping Hilde for Relena?"

Four 'me's' echoed the room.

Relena walked down the hall, and ran into Noin. "What are you doing out here? I thought you were in the control room."

"Ummm, Relena, I think there's something I should tell youjust promise you won't get mad."

Relena was expressionless. Noin took a deep breath. "I hired some new bodyguards."

"What's wrong with that?"

"They're Preventers."

" So."

" Ummm..  The Gundam pilots are back."

"..." Relena turned around and headed toward the control room. She grabbed her water bottle on the way there. Outside the door, she could hear them talking about what just happened. She opened the door, found Quatre, and poured water on his head.

"Hey, what the.."

"I want you all out of my house now."

"Good to see you, Lena! I..."

"Duo, out. Get out."

"Relena, we're here to protect you." whimpered Duo.

"I don't need your help. Please leave."

"Noin needs the help. She can't handle being all of your protection." said Trowa. Relena looked at Noin. Noin's face was red. She looked at Relena like a sad puppy. She's going to hate me for this.

"I am a splinter in the foot of humanity." said Relena, and walked out of the room.

"I guess that means we're staying!" cheered Duo.

"Baka, if you don't shut up, I'll kill you." Screamed Wuffie.

 

The next day, Relena got out of bed late. She didn't want to deal with all of them. She grunted, rolled on to her stomach, and slowly opened her eyes. Quatre greeted her.

"Quatre, get the heck out of my room."

"We're only here to help, Relena. I heard you're upset."

She sat up, and, assuming he wasn't going to leave, ignored him. She went into the shower. She emerged a second later. " If I find a shred of a camera in here, I kick you all out so fast, you won't be able to sit for weeks." Fortunately for the boys, there were no cameras in the bathroom. She came out awhile later; Quatre was still sitting on her bed (which he had made). She made no sign that she saw him. She just walked over to her dresser, and started changing. Quatre completely turned red, and ran out of the room. I knew that would work, she thought.

She had gathered some food and water and put it in a backpack. She really needed her secluded place right now. She walked out to where she had left the motorcycle, only to find it gone.  Realizing the pilots had done something with it, she looked for a different vehicle. She found nothing. She wasn't annoyed in the least; that would have been showing an emotion. She decided she'd walk. She started down the driveway, and was greeted by Trowa. The acrobat himself. They know what they're doing. There's no way I'm going to get past him. She stood there and looked at him before she turned back to her room. How in the world was she going to get out of here? She sat down at the computer in her room. She received 3 more death-threats today. She threw them in the trash.  Looking at her screen a second time, she realized she had gotten a letter about 4 months ago from an old friend. She may be just what I need to escape this nightmare Relena quickly replied to the old mail.

 

Two weeks later, the only progress the Preventers had made was a very relaxed Noin. Relena still refused to acknowledge the pilots. At this particular moment, Relena was typing a speech she would be presenting in a month or so, when she would accept her new diplomatic position. As of now, she was on "temporary leave". Anyway, she wasn't at all surprised when the doorbell rang, and a stranger called for her. The pilots, of course, had to question her, check her, and made her justify herself with an I.D., and such. The figure was tall, and wore a hood, which was connected to a long dark purple cape. When the pilots started probing her, she resisted.

"You wanna' back up there, cowboys?"

The pilots offered no response. They just looked blankly at the cloaked figure.

"Um, not that we don't like you or anything, chick, but we need to make sure you're cool. Otherwise, you gotta' go." Duo stated.

"So you're Lena's new security? I've heard a lot about you."

"I'm going to ask you to leave." said Trowa.

"For what reason? Sorry, buddy, but I was invited."

"By whom?" questioned Quatre.

"By me." Stated Relena from the top of the stairway. "Gentlemen, this is my friend Himiko Nayotaki. I asked her to come and stay with me. She's my only friend at the moment, and I need her here."

Quatre almost cried. Relena saw this, but her expression didn't change. "Himiko, these are the bodyguards about whom I described."

The figure took pulled her hood back. A young woman, about Relena's age, stared back at the pilots. She had short pink hair, whose bangs fell in her face much like Heero's.  She flipped her cloak over her shoulder so she could shake hands with the pilots. No one complied. Himiko sweat-dropped.  "Nice friends Rel." she said. Relena just looked at Himiko, expressionless. She was hoping her plan would work.

"Himiko, let me show you to your room." Relena started to go back upstairs. The girls left; the whole time Himiko mumbled something about male weaklings, which caught Wuffie's attention.

They were not pleased. "What the heck does she think she's doing?" Duo screeched.

"We can't just let Lena invite strangers over here. For all we know, that girl could be a killer." No one answered. "Am I the only one worried about this?" Duo questioned. He looked at the others. His eyes went dull at the sight of the stony figures, and he sweat-dropped. Regaining his composure, he looked at Quatre. He was almost in tears. "Hey, Quatre, I'm sure she'll be okay, I mean, we're gonna' protect her real good. So don't worry."

"That's not it, Duo. I know why she's been acting this way." He let the tears fall. "She thinks she's all alone. She thinks we all left her. That's why she's acting this way. She doesn't" he choked out a sob, "she doesn't love us anymore!"

"How in the world did you come to that assumption, Winner? She hasn't told a single person what's wrong. I should know. I monitor her every move on the cameras."

"She said Himiko was her only friend." Said a closed-eyed Heero. The others mouths fell slightly. Quatre cried harder. "She must think we'll leave again." Trowa said softly.

"I fully intend to. This onna doesn't run my life." stated Wuffie.

"I for one, am going to get her back to normal. It's our fault she's like this, right? So, I'll just hang around for a while. She'll be back to herself in no time." Duo jubilantly stated.

"It's my fault, Duo." All eyes turned, stunned, to Heero. He spoke again: "It's my fault she's like this. She's told me. She never forgave me for leaving."

"Heero, she could have meant any one of us. Don't do this to yourself, man." Duo said.

"I promised her that I would take care of her, no matter who her enemy might be. The way I see it, she's her own enemy. So, I'll protect her from herself."

"How noble." All eyes turned to Himiko, who was perched on the stair rail, eyes closed.

"The infamous Heero Yuy has come back to save the woman he lovesor is it loved?" she opened her eyes. "It sounds like a movie blockbuster." She joked. She walked down the stairs. Her eyes never left Heero's. His death glare didn't work on her. "But, I don't think you have what it takes to heal her, Captain Yuy." She was right in front of him. "I don't think she wants her heart broken again." Now she was scowling. "You broke her heart. You snatched it from her body, stepped on it, and cut it into a thousand pieces." She slapped him. "You almost killed her." She left the ticked-off pilots where they stood. Relena watched it all from the hallway-balcony.

 

 

 

Disclaimer: I do not own them! No own Gundam Wing characters! I also don't own the name Himiko Nayotaki. It's from Sailor Moon S, I think. ( Those were the days...but, I've moved on to better anime!! Yay for me!!!) About Relena in the training room: let's assume she was tired of needing bodyguards, and started to take martial arts, so she wouldn't be sodependant. Uhh huh. So, yeah, this is chapter one. It's a sequel to my other fic, Alone. I hope y'all could understand it, you don't have to read Alone, but you can if ya' want. ( I wrote y'allhee heee.) Well, I think that's it chapter two will be out soon, I hope. Does anyone even WANT a chapter 2? 'Cause I'm not going to dedicate my time to a bad fic. Well, yeah, ok, maybe I am, but that doesn't change the fact that I want feedback. Really, SEND ME SOME COMMENTS!!!!! Fly 'em my way. Rrrriiiggghhhttt..So, I'll be writin' again fic lovers!!!!