Letters

By: Mahan Mayhem777

I wanted to write something for the holidays so here's a nice fic your whole family to enjoy. This is a AU fic, so it has nothing to do with the gundam story or time line. I really hope you like it.

Disclaimer: I don't own gundam wing or any of its character's so don't sue me.

Warnings: There is none, this is for everyone to enjoy. Therefore this fic is Rated-G

 

 

Heero Yui and Relena Darlin were a match made in heaven. They first met in the 3rd grade and from then on they were the best of friends. They did everything together from going to the movies, to playing in the park. But the thing they liked to do the most was write letters. Heero and Relena constantly wrote letters to each other, some letters were about how they were doing, others were about absolute nothing. But despite all this, throughout Elementary School and Jr. High they were just friends. But when they went to High School everything changed, and it all started at the Back to School Dance.

Heero and Relena were enjoying the dance and having the time of there life. They talked and danced throughout the night, enjoying each other's company. The night was almost over and there was only one song left, it was a slow dance. Heero and Relena were sitting down talking when the song played.

"Oh Heero, I love this song," said Relena

Heero nodded "It's all right I guess,"

Heero looked over at her; she looked so beautiful, almost like an angel. "Hey, uh... Relena,"

Relena looked at him "Yes,"

Heero stood up and extended his arm. "Would you like to dance with me,"

Relena blushed a bit and smiled. "Of course,"

Heero put one hand around her waist and another on her shoulder and they slowly danced together. This moment was like a dream come true for Heero. For a long time he had a huge crush on her but was always to afraid to tell her how he felt. But tonight would be the night. Relena rested her head on his shoulder and sighed. Heero took the hand from around her back and ran his fingers through her hair. She jumped a bit in surprise and looked into his cobalt eyes. Heero stared back and smiled, he knew this was it, now or never. He pulled her in close and pressed his lips against hers. Relena at first resisted, but then she melted into the kiss. She couldn't believe what was happening, did this mean they were going to become more than friends?

She pulled away and looked at him "Heero, what are you doing"

Heero smiled "I've waited along time to do that,"

Relena was confused "What do you mean,"

Heero looked into her eyes "All this time we've been just friends, but you see I wanted this to become so much more because ....I love you Relena,"

Relena stood there in a state of shock, did he actually say he loved her. Her heart was pounding wildly, she did have feelings for him but was it love? She decided it was "Heero... I love you too, with all my heart,"

And with that the friendship barrier had been broken forever, from this point forward they were now officially boy friend and girl friend. They were inseparable; they went on dates together and enjoyed a nice relationship. But even though their relationships changed, the one thing that remained the same was the letters. They wrote to each other more than ever. Except now they were about how much they cared about each other. Everything was going great and it seemed that they would be together forever. But then something happened, something that would change their lives.

It was nearing the end of their senior year when Heero and Relena received the bad news, he was going off to college, and the bad part was that the college was on the other side of the country. Relena was devastated, they've been through so much together and now they had to say goodbye, maybe for forever.

"Oh Heero I can't believe this is happening," Relena was crying her heart out as she clung to Heero. "I love you, I love you so much. You were the person I wanted to spend my life with, why is this happening,"

Heero held her tightly in his arms "Relena... I love you, you are the greatest person I ever met. If it was up to me I'd stay here with you till the day I die. But tomorrow morning I have to leave, I don't want to but I don't have a choice,"

"But why did this have to happen to us, we were perfect," Cried Relena

Heero felt his eyes beginning to tear up "I wish I knew but I don't. We are perfect for each other,"

They both clung to each other for awhile, then Heero pulled her away and looked into her eyes. "Relena... listen, you and me are meant to be together, I know without a doubt that this is true. And not even this can stop fate. Relena I promise you that the very second I get out of college I'll move back here, and we will be together again,"

Relena touched his cheek "Heero... then I will try my hardest to wait for you. When you come back, I'll be here for you. I love you Heero Yui,"

Heero held her close "I love you to, Relena Darlin,"

With that he kissed her for seemed like eternity, finally they let go of each other.

"I don't want to think of this as good bye," said Heero

"Neither do I" replied Relena

Heero smiled "Then I guess I'll see you later,"

Relena smiled back "Likewise,"

Heero looked at her one last time, then he turned around, and slowly headed back to his house.

Heero quietly crept into to Relena's backyard, making sure not to wake anyone up. With him was a shovel, and a tin box. Heero never told Relena this, but starting from the day they met, he had kept every single letter he received from her, and put it in a small tin box. He made his way to a patch of grass and using his shovel, he began to dig a hole. He didn't really want to explain to Relena and her parents what he was in their backyard digging a hole at three in the morning so he dug slowly and carefully. He dug until he was sure it was deep enough and wide enough. He then took the tin box, and placed it down into the hole. He looked at the box for awhile, and as he looked at it, he remembered all the times he and Relena spent together. His eyes began to well up and a tear rolled down his cheek as he thought about the memories. But he knew he had a job to do, he slowly picked up the shovel, and began to fill the hole up. He made sure that the grass looked no different before. After his job was completed he stood up and looked at the star filled sky.

"I don't know if anyone can here me up there, but if you want this box to remain hidden that let that be so," said Heero silently.

He then picked up his shovel and left back to his house.

That morning Heero headed off to college to start a new life. Relena went to a college near her city and started her life there. Heero and Relena did contact each other by telephone once in a while, but that was it. Heero made lots of friends, but kept his promise not to start any personal relationships with anybody. Relena did the same. The years dragged on slowly but still they remained faithful to each other. Four years later Heero graduated from college with top honors. But he remembered his promise, and shortly afterwards, he was on a flight towards home, towards Relena.

 

After 4 years of separation Heero and Relena were together again. Heero arrived at her doorstep and Relena immediately threw herself in his arms, crying tears of joy "Oh Heero ...I knew you'd come back... I knew you would,"

Heero held her tightly crying tears of joy as well. "I so glad to see you, I thought I'd never get to see your beautiful face again,"

Relena looked up at him "Are you staying for good this time,"

Heero looked into her eye. "Forever,"

He leaned forward and gently kissed her soft lips.

 

It was Christmas Eve and there was a huge party a Relena's parent's house. Every one was having fun playing games and singing songs. It was an evening of magic, Heero couldn't have asked for a better time than now to show Relena the surprise he had been waiting to show her for four years. He saw her talking to some of her friends. Heero snatched a mistletoe hanging from the ceiling and walked over to Relena. He placed it over his head and tapped her on the shoulder. Relena spun around to see Heero holding mistletoe over his head.

Heero smiled at her "Hello Relena,"

Relena laughed out loud at the sight. "Heero your such a goofball,"

She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek "That's all you get for now,"

Heero made a sad face and pouted.

Relena laughed "I'm just kidding,"

She leaned forwards a quickly kissed him on the lips.

Heero smiled. "Now that's more like it"

Heero then moved close to her "I know I'm kind of breaking the rules, but I want to give you your Christmas present now"

Relena smiled "Sure why not,"

Heero took her by the hand and walked outside, he then lead her to the exact same spot where he buried the letters.

Heero spoke softly "close your eyes Relena,"

She obeyed and shut her eyelids. When she did Heero picked up a shovel.

"Now, open your eyes," whispered Heero

She opened her eyes and Heero handed her the shovel. A puzzled look came across her face. "Is this my present" She asked.

Heero chuckled a bit "No silly use the shovel and dig right beneath where you're standing,"

Relena still was confused, but she nodded her head and started to dig. It didn't take her long before she struck a metallic object. She kneeled down and brushed the dirt to reveal a tin box. When she opened the box she saw a bunch of letters, she then realized that these were the letters she had written to Heero. But there was one letter that stood out, on the top of the pile there was a red piece of paper. Before Heero came to Relena's house to bury the letters four years ago, he wrote a letter to Relena. One that would be read by her after he came back. She opened it up and what she saw took her breath away. Written in blue ink were the words: I love you with all my heart and I want to be with you forever, therefore... Relena Darlin will you Marry Me and be mine forever.

Relena looked up from the paper to see Heero on one knee holding a ring up to her. She ran up to him and hugged him. "Oh Heero... yes, yes, yes, I will." cried Relena

Suddenly there was a huge burst of applause that surprised Relena. She turned around to see everyone inside clapping a cheering for them. She looked back at Heero who was smiling broadly. "I told you years ago that if I could stay with you forever I would, I always knew we were a match made in heaven. Merry Christmas Relena Yui,"

Relena kissed him on the lips "Heero...Merry Christmas to you to,"

 

THE END

Okay so it's a little cheesy but give me a break, it's Christmas. Any reviews, tips and/or comments are encouraged. (I'll even let you criticize, but make sure it's constructive) Anyway I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Love peace and chicken grease. ^_^