Disclaimer: I don't own gundam wing. Any other characters are mine. Enjoy.

 

Fight of a Lifetime
Part 12
Written By Rae

 

Machiavellian looked surprised. So did the soldiers who had been holding on to Releena.

"Well now, that was a interesting twist to my plan. That worked well though, yes very good payment." He commented. "Take her and Mr. Yuy back to their cell."

"Yes sir."

The two were thrown into the cell and Releena's body lay there disregarded carelessly. Heero dragged himself over to her and leaned himself against the wall. Pain shot through his aching body but he ignored it. He picked Releena up and held her in his arms. Her hair was matted with blood in the area where the bullet pierced her skull. She was still breathing, Heero shook her to try and wake her up.

"Releena, please, you've got to wake up."

"Hnn, He-Heero?"

"Yeah I'm here."

"For-For once I-I'm the one who s-save-saved you."

"Shh, don't talk."

Releena's eyelids started to flutter shut but Heero shook her to wake her up.

"No, Releena you can't go to sleep."

"B-but Heero I'm so-so tired."

"No Releena, you can't let Machiavellian win."

"He-Hee-."

"No Releena, don't talk. You have to save your energy."

"You-You shouldn't let your wo-wounds go like-like that. They'll get in-infected."

"Releena, Wufei's right about you. You're too nice for your own good."

"Tell- tell him I said-I said thank you."

"You're still alive? What a pity." they heard Machiavellian's voice say.

Heero glared intensely at him.

"What exactly do you want? Why do you have to torture her like this?" Heero asked in a cold-cruel voice.

"Why Mr. Yuy! It's what I do best. Though perhaps you're right. I'll tell you what. Instead of this I'll go with plan B. Guards! Remove Releena from Mr. Yuy's grasp. You know where to take her."

Releena wanted to protest but she was too weak. She wanted to stay with Heero! Then she saw that she'd been taken to a medical room. No! Heero, she wanted Heero to be healed! She'd rather die and stay with Heero than live and be taken away! She'd already been forced to be alone for so long. A man in a surgical mask held a cloth with some funny smelling stuff over her face causing her to pass out.

 

 

 

When Releena woke up she was no longer in the medical room. Instead she was lying on a large four-poster canopy bed with satin covers. The room was elegantly furnished and seemed oddly familiar to Releena.

"Oh! This was my bedroom!" she thought.

Then she noticed that she was no longer wearing her purple skirt and white shirt. Now she wore a long navy blue silk gown. Like the white gown she'd worn when she viewed her parents' death it was sleeveless. Though few would think it possible Releena looked even more astounding in this gown than in the white one. She had on long white gloves and a diamond necklace. Her hair was curled in long spirals with some of it pulled back and up by a diamond barrette. Her make up was flawless. Most notably her head wound was completely heeled. Yet Releena didn't care about that. She ran over to the door and twisted and pulled on the door.

"It's locked!" she thought.

"Releena my beauty where do you think your going?" Machiavellian cooed. Releena glared,

"Why did you bring me here?"

"I can't have my bride sleeping in a filthy dungeon and associating with the likes of him my pet."

"What! Your bride?"

"Of course my pet, come the press awaits the announcement." and he snaked an arm around her waist and ushered them out the door.

"Keep your hands off of me!" Releena took off down the hall towards the dungeon. Running through the open door she ran to cell where she and Heero had been held. Empty? Where could they have taken him?

Snap!

Was that the sound of a whip? Releena noticed a hallway in the shadows of the dungeon. As she walked down the dark hallway the sound of the cracking whip grew louder. When she got to the end of the hallway she saw a room. Releena could hear a voice in her head saying,

"Curiosity killed the cat."

But she didn't listen. Upon entering she saw Heero, chained to a table in the middle of the room face down. In addition to the wounds he'd gained earlier from the shooting he was being repeatedly whipped, stabbed and electrocuted but he refused to show any sign of the pain he was in. Machiavellian stepped out from a corner.

"Releena my sweet, either you will marry me or he will be tortured thus until he dies. And when we are married you will hand over your right to rule, and position in politics to me. You will be permitted to see all your old friends and your family. However any and all communication of any kind will be prohibited. You will bare my children. You will be a good wife and obey all my wishes. Is that clear?"

"Releena," Heero was barely able to breathe without being seized by stabbing pain. "Don't do it."

"Alright, I agree." Releena hung her head in defeat. "But you must promise you will set Heero free and not harm him in anyway. You will also heal his injuries. I will not go through with it until I see this carried out."

She hated to do it. Who knew what this man would do when he had total control? But she couldn't let them kill Heero. Just knowing he was alive and well would give her strength to endure.

"Very well we'll begin now." Machiavellian consented.

Three hours later Releena saw what she'd been told was her last glimpse of the Perfect Soldier. Duo was called and came to pick Heero up. As they pulled around the bend Releena finally found her voice but it was to late for Heero to hear.

"Good Bye and aishiteru, my Heero."

 

 

 

Author's Note: Who knew Releena knew Japanese? Anyway, what do you think? I'm really looking forward to getting your opinions. Hope you enjoyed it. I know it was short but I thought that where I was would be a good ending so I stopped.
Email me with any comments, questions, or suggestions: raerenee@gundambliss.zzn.com
Visit my website: http://raerenee.tripod.com/gundamloveraeandrenee/
-Rae-