Disclaimer: I dont own gundam wing. Any other characters are mine. Enjoy.

 

 

January 1, A.C. 205

Releena darling, the guests are waiting in the ball room. Machiavellian put his arms around his wife and gave her a hug.

"Go ahead down, Ill be right there." She replied.

"Alright." And he left.

Releena sighed and walked out onto the balcony and leaned against the railing. It had been five long years.

I wonder how hes been? she thought.

The guests were waiting so Releena put on a smile and went down stairs to join the New Years Party.

"Hey Leena!" Duo came over and greeted his friend cheerfully.

"Hi Duo! Hi Hilde! Im glad you came. The others are here too."

Soon all Releenas friends and family had surrounded her, all except Heero.

"Hows your husband treating you?" Millardo inquired pronouncing husband like it was a dirty word.

"Hes nice to me, never beats me, and gives me presents for no reason."

"Wow thats sweet of him!" Holly said.

"Yeah well don't forget, he's the person who held us captive and tortured our husbands and almost killed Hilde! Then he tried to kill Heero, and almost killed Releena! Then he forbade Heero and Releena to communicate in any way and forced Releena to marry him and give up her position in politics to him!" Hallies voice was starting rise.


"Maybe he changed? "Holly suggested timidly looking at her angry.

"And of course the only reason he made Releena marry him was so that he could rule! He's not even good at being King of the World and Vice Foreign Prime Minister! He declares war against any country, or colony that makes him angry and forces the gundam pilots to fight for him! Releenas pacifism has been completely forgotten by the government thanks to him! Only the people who suffer because of the wars remember! How Dorothy would love this era if she were alive!" Hallies eyes were focused on Machiavellian in a very good likeness of the Yuy Death Glare*.

"Hallie," Trowa whispered.

"I know Im sorry Releena. "

"Its okay Hallie. "

The music began playing and the dancing began. Releena and Machiavellian danced beautifully, Releena even smiled at her husband. Noin and Millardo were out on the balcony talking.

"You know, you say you hate Heeros guts and plan to kill him, and order him not to make any moves on your sister and then when she marries someone besides him you insult him behind his back."


"I know I know," Millardo sighed. "But Machiavellian? Id rather her be married to Heero than the son of the man who slaughtered our family. "

"Does Releena know he's the son of the culprit?" Noin asked.


"No, I hate seeing her so unhappy. "

"I know honey. Well, Im going to go check on the kids. Besides, you look like you could use a little time alone." And Noin left to go check on the little ones.


Millardo looked up at the stars in the direction of the L1 colony where Heero was residing. Then he was joined my Machiavellian. The two men looked at each other coldly.

"You know Millardo I've been thinking. I don't want Releena to have any contact with Mr. Yuy and you and your little gang just may try to deliver messages from her to him or vice-versa. Therefore, Im forbidding you and the others from having any contact with her. Pass the message for me. Oh and enjoy the ball tonight. It will be you last chance to visit with your sister." And wit that he returned to the ballroom to give his speech.


Millardo turned looked towards the colony again.

Darn you Yuy. Why'd you have to steal my sisters heart?

"What! He cant do that!" Duo yelled in outrage.


"Yes I'm afraid he can, he is King of the World you know. " Hilde corrected her husband sulkily.

"If I was whole witch Id-. " Hallie began.

"I am whole witch and I can't! Theres a magic blocking protection field around him." Holly pouted.

"Injustice!" declared Wufei.

"He really doesn't care about Releena at all does he?" Quatre mused.


"Who's going to tell Releena?" Trowa pondered.


"How about you Amy? You're her best friend," Sally pointed out.


"I can't, it's hard enough not to go over there and strangle that man let alone break the news to Releena." Amy replied.


"That bastard!" Catherine was fingering the pocket where her daggers were concealed.

"What are you all whispering about?" Releena inquired as she came over to investigate.

"Oh nothing," said Tosheiden casually but Releena saw right through it.

"What? What is it?" she asked.

"Releena, that ____(insulting name of you choice) that you married is forbidding us from seeing you because Millardo couldn't bring himself to finish. "


"Because why?" Releena felt her heart sinking into her stomach. Tears spilled from Noins eyes,

"Because he thinks well help you and Heero send messages to each other!" she blurted out looking away so she wouldnt see the expression on Releenas face when Heeros name was mentioned.

"What! Is that true?" Releena looked around at all her friends as she struggled to retain the mask she wore.

They said nothing but nodded their heads.

Releena took a breath and gave her husband a glare that would have easily beaten Heeros. Now she had no one to talk to. No one! She was completely alone and she had to endure it as though she was content and not try to communicate with them. If she did theyd be killed on the spot. For the millionth time she silently cursed Heero,

Lara said you loved me! I know you can hack into computers! I know that if you wanted to see me nothing would stop you from it! I know if you wanted to tell me something you could do it and never get caught! Lara said you loved me! Loved! Past tense because you obviously don't any more!


Holding back tears Releena bid her friends and family good-bye. Machiavellian joined her as if nothing were different. He hugged his wife close as they waved farewell to all the guests. When they were finally gone he pulled her into a French kiss and on cue she kissed back. But like so many wars it was without meaning. For Releena the kiss was empty, and lifeless. Just like her soul. The next day Machiavellian kissed his wife good-bye. He now had to leave for a weeklong trip to L2. He knew she wouldn't be able to pull anything off. If she did Heero would drop dead on the spot and he made sure that she knew it. A tiny voice rang in her head,

The only way you'll live is if you learn to love him!

But I can't, I love Heero! she told it.

But this man can give you what Heero cant. Love! the voice retorted.

I don't want to live, I want to die! Releena screamed. Dieing. He can stop me from dreaming and consorting with those I love but he cant stop me from dieing!

The servants were on vacation. Releena was alone. No one could here her cries. No one would interfere. Shed end this misery once and for all before he decided he wanted kids. She went to the dungeon and found the knife Machiavellian had used on Heero when he forced Releena to marry him five years ago. Heeros dried blood was still on the knife. She picked up the knife.

 

*******begin flashback*******

 

"Did you see? Did you see? "

He tried to hide his face but shed seen it. Releena had called an ambulance but he disappeared before it got there and Releena Darlain was left on the beach, wondering.

 

*******end flashback*******

 

Releena moved the knife toward her heart. She wanted to end it all, end the pain that she felt night and day.

 

*******begin flashback*******

 

"Here's an invitation to my party. You'll be there? "

In one swift motion without even looking at it he tore the invitation in half.

 

 

*******end flashback*******

 

He never cared, even when he was wiping away my tears he promised to destroy me. She thought bitterly.

 

*******begin flashback*******

"Get down Peacemillion is going to crash into to us. "

"What? "

As Peacemillion rammed into Libra pieces of the roof came tumbling down. Heero pushed Releena to the ground and protected her from the falling debris. Releena went untouched but Heero was injured.

"Heero you're hurt! "

"Its nothing. "

*******end flashback*******

 

Tears were streaming down Releenas cheeks. Why? Why did people have to be so evil and greedy like Machiavellian? Her hands were shaking as the knife neared its target.

Good Bye Heero.

 

 

 

Authors Note: Well? Come on I really want some feedback. Comments, Questions, Suggestions, Flames.
Just please tell me what you think! Thanks!
Email me: raerenee@gundambliss.zzn.com
Visit me: http://raerenee.tripod.com/gundamloveraeandrenee
*Hallies maiden name before she married Trowa was Yuy, shes Heero's twin sister.


Written By Rae