Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing. Any other characters are mine. Enjoy the story.

 

Fight of a Lifetime
Part 5
Written By Rae

 

Hilde had just gotten back from her spying job. She was busy making Duo a steak dinner. While she was gone Hilde had found out that she was 8 months pregnant (Hilde had been away spying for about 9 months. Why? No reason). Hilde had decided to wait until she got home so she could tell Duo the good news in person. Hilde smiled, wondering what Kuo would think of being a big sister. The steak was cooking so Hilde checked her email. There was a message from Sally. It said that they had the week off work, that she and Duo needn't come into the Preventers Office.

"That's odd?" thought Hilde. "Sally would never give us time off. Not with all the others taking off work. Sally always says that if someone takes of it might be their fault if Releena gets assassinated."

Hilde decided to call Duo on his cell phone and see if he knew what was up. After all Duo knew Sally better than Hilde did. Then Hilde remembered that Duo had taken Kuo with him to visit Releena today. Duo sort of thought of Releena as his sister. After, what with Millardo being so over protective Releena needed a good brother to talk to. Besides, maybe Duo would be able to find out what had happened between Releena and Heero.

"Duo won't mind." Hilde decided. "After this could be important."

But Duo wasn't at Releena's. Duo and Kuo were lying unconscious in the cell next to Trowa's family's cell. He had been stopped while he was cruising down the highway by what he thought was a cop. Unfortunately it was a fraud and Duo got to join "The Mystery Villain's" collection. Hilde picked up the phone and was about to dial the first number when she glanced at the mirror on the wall. Thinking she'd seen someone's reflection she turned around. A huge man dressed in maroon was aiming a huge gun at her.

"Oh God please don't let me die today." Hilde prayed silently.

Then the man hit her over the head with the gun knocking her into a black emptiness (she's unconscious not dead). Hilde was taken to join her husband and daughter. She was thrown into the cell with her family and left there. The man left. The time was 7:17 P.M and Duo was officially 3 hours and 17 minutes late getting to Releena's. Releena was pacing up and down the hall waiting. Two and a half hours ago she had decided to call Duo's house.

Ring-ring!!

There was no answer so she assumed he was on his way. Half an hour after that she called the preventers headquarters to see if he was there.

Ring-ring!!

No one answered. Releena became puzzled. There was always someone at the Preventers Headquarters it was one of Sally's rules. Releena called everyone she knew who might have an idea what was up. Not a single one of them answered their phone. Releena was getting worried. Of course there was one person who she hadn't calledÖHeero. Releena knew for a fact that Heero had a cell phone and Lara had been kind enough to leave the phone number behind for Releena to use. Still slightly dazed at the thought of Heero actually loving her Releena's hands shook as she picked up the phone.

"Snap out of it. You foolish love sick girl, do you actually think someone like Heero would fall in love with a wimp like you?" a voice in her head asked.

Releena sighed, it was right. Heero falling I love with her was impossible. Still Heero would want to know it there was a chance that Azalea might be in danger.

At that same moment Heero arrived at the door to his home and found the note that Lara had left. Heero ripped the note off the door and ripped it up leaving the pieces on the floor. He unlocked the door and walked in. He threw his suitcase in his room. As he left he caught a glimpse of his reflection in the bedroom mirror he glared at it, disgusted with himself. He had had a chance with two of the best women in the known universe and had blown it both times. Both times it had been because of Releena.

"You should have killed her the first time." A voice in his head snarled.

Heero shook his head, he couldn't do it. He'd tried but he couldn't pull the trigger and even if he had he'd probably've regretted it for as long as he lived. Heero knew he still loved Releena, that is how he blew it with Lara. However he couldn't bring himself to tell Releena. After all she was the "Angel of Peace" and he was, he was nothing compared to her. She deserved better than him. Therefore, he left, ruining his chance with Releena when he did. Releena, who Heero had considered an obstacle. She was who he thought of night and day. Suddenly the ringing of his cell phone interrupted Heero's thoughts.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Releena."

"Releena?"

"Heero I'm worried. I think the others might be in trouble."

"I'll head over. You can explain when I get there."

"Okay. Thanks. Bye."

Heero said all this in the normal monotone, emotionless voice but inside his head was racing. If Releena was right then that meant she was in danger too. Any one who did something to the ex-gundam pilots was plotting to do something to Releena. Heero didn't want to risk it. In five seconds flat Heero was speeding down the highway to the airport. In 10 more seconds he'd stolen a plane and was flying at breakneck speed to Releena's.

10 seconds after that he landed in Releena's back yard. He jumped out of the plane just in time to hear it explode behind him. Apparently all the stress Heero put it under was too much. Heero looked at the house. All the lights were turned off. He tried the door....it was locked. With one swift motion he kicked it down and examined the house. Not a single being was to be found. Sure enough Releena was right. And Heero was too late to prevent her from meeting the same fate as the others.

This is what running away got him. He hung his head in despair. Then something dropped on him from above. It was a human. Heero attempted to fight back but the person was too strong. In 1 second the "masked being" (no it is not Zechs. Remember he's being held captive along with the others.) had restrained Heero, knocked him out, and loaded him into the trunk of a maroon PT Cruiser along with his other captive, Releena.

 


Meanwhile Duo woke up in the cell. The first thing he saw was Kuo talking to Haley(Trowa and Hallie's daughter). He breathed a sigh of relief that she was all right. Then he saw Hilde sprawled out on the floor on the cell. In 1 second he realized that she was pregnant. Then he noticed a huge gash across her forehead that was bleeding heavily. Further examination showed that the cut was deep, extremely deep. Duo checked Hilde's pulse.

Thank God!

She was alive. Seeing that there was nothing to bandage her with and that he had to stop the bleeding Duo ripped up the sleeve of his sweatshirt. Duo bandaged Hilde's head with it sufficiently enough to stop the bleeding. Too bad neither Noin or Sally could mend her injury, they were imprisoned. Duo held Hilde so that her head wasn't on the cold, hard floor. He thought back to how he met Hilde and everything that they'd been through together. Duo promised then and there that whether or not Hilde survived this someone was going to pay.

 

 

Author's Note: Okay I had to do something with Hilde. I mean come on, the only time she's in the Endless Waltz is at the very end. Please email me your comments. raerenee@gundambliss.zzn.com
Check out mine and my sister's web site http://raerenee.tripod.com/gundamloveraeandrenee/
Thank You. I'd really like some comments so email me!
Sincerely,
-Rae-

For those of you who are confused about how the prison is set up here a little diagram:
The Maganacs, Quatre's sisters, any servants, members of the circus, Howard, and Pagan are in a similar prison located elsewhere.

(there is a picture that i couldn't copy and paste ~pix)