Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing. Any other characters are mine. Enjoy.

 

Fight of a Lifetime
Part 6
Written By Rae

 

"Azalea, how do you know the soldiers are immortal?" Quatre was asking.

Most people would think that Quatre didn't care that Hilde was hurt. I mean imagine asking that question at a time when someone's life is in danger. But Quatre kept glancing nervously over at Hilde to see if she was awake yet. Besides, if Duo was going to get revenge Quatre wanted to make sure that he wouldn't get killed in the process.

"Well let's see. First of all two of them were fighting and they pulled out guns and shot each other in the head. The bullets went right through them. Then there was the incident out side when a new kind of gundam was tested. The beam cannon was fired right at a soldier and when it was over he didn't even have a scratch. Are those good enough reasons?"

"Azalea, your too smart for your age." Amy told her.

Suddenly there was a loud bang as the door was kicked open and an unconscious Heero and Releena were dragged in and thrown into two separate cells. Now there was only one cell left that was empty. Heero woke up the second his head hit the floor. He sat up with a jolt and looked around.

"Hey Yuy glad you could join us." Wufei said sarcastically.

Heero was to busy cursing under his breath to notice. Not only had he been caught but also he had failed to protect Releena. Now she was stuck here and jail and whoever the criminal mastermind was had free rein to do what he wished with the Earth. It was then Heero noticed that Duo hadn't said a word. He looked and found that Duo was in the cell next to him. Heero looked closer. Was that Hilde? Much to his surprise Heero found himself feeling sorry for Duo. Maybe it was because he was afraid of losing Releena. Heero now heard Duo muttering what Heero guessed was a prayer.

"God? If you're listening please don't take Hilde from me yet."

Heero glanced across the hallway at Releena. She was still unconscious and boy did Heero wish he could get over there and make sure she was alright.

"Who do you think the last cell is for?" Tosheiden asked aloud.

No one could even venture a guess. However Quatre had a new theory.

"It appears that the people "What's his name" are taking prisoner are people who have a direct link with Releena. That includes her closet followers, protectors, and family. Releena has been taken hostage as well. It also seems that he's taken people directly linked to us. That is why my sisters, the Maganacs, and any servants were kidnapped. The members of the circus are probably being held hostage as well." He explained.

"Well, who ever he is he certainly made sure to kidnap any one who might have a chance of rescuing us." Hallie declared. " Mine and Releena's foster parents were probably kidnapped too."

"Why wasn't Lara kidnapped?" Holly asked.

"She didn't know we were Gundam Pilots." answered Heero.

"Oh." Holly said.

"You didn't tell her about us? Heero that as bad as lying." Trowa scolded.

"....."

Releena groaned and sat up. She didn't notice that Heero's head turned in her direction to make sure she was okay when she had groaned. She looked around and hung her. This was what sending all of her annoying bodyguards on a vacation got her. The gundam pilots always warned her that she was just begging to be kidnapped when she sent them away but she never listened. They had been right though. Releena noticed that Heero was in the cell across from her's but she couldn't bring her self to look at him or say anything to him.

"Releena where were your guards when you got kidnapped? Hmm?" Millardo was asking.

"Leave her alone Millardo if I couldn't fend them off then her idiotic guards would have been helpless." Heero snapped.

Everyone stared at Heero. He was obviously in a bad mood. The pilots all guessed it was because he hadn't been able to protect Releena, because he had been helpless against the soldiers. They all decided that they'd better be careful what they said to him.

"Uncle Heero what's wrong?' Azalea asked innocently.

"Nothing."

"As soon as that last cell is filled up we get to find out who this creep is and what this place is made from." Wufei noted.

"Good soon I'll know who's going to pay for hurting Hilde." Duo growled.

Ever since she'd gotten hurt Duo hadn't been his normal cheerful self. He seemed melancholy and serious. He hadn't smiled once or joked a bit. He had hardly talked at all either. Quatre wanted to tell Duo Hilde would be alright but he had a feeling that would just cause Duo to start yelling and get him all worked up about it. Maybe if Hilde had woken up or if she hadn't been pregnant Duo would have taken it better but things didn't work like that. Thank god Kuo hadn't noticed what had happened to her mommy. After Kuo's conversation with Haley ended Kuo had lied down and took a nap. And Kuo was still napping peacefully. Unfortunately Millardo had recovered from the shock of when Heero snapped at him.

"You know Yuy, your right. It is your fault Releena got captured, not her bodyguards'. If you hadn't quit the preventers and had continued to protect her this never would have happened. By the way, you never told Sally why you were quitting. You had better have a good excuse ready. Well?"

"Leave him alone." Trowa snapped.

"Shut up you idiot." Wufei added.

"Mind your own beeswax." Duo grumbled.

"It's not his fault." Quatre argued.

"Stay out of this." Heero told the pilots.

Within seconds everyone one was yelling at each other. It was utter chaos. There were no sides it was everyone taking their frustration at themselves out on everyone else. They were all blaming themselves for what happened. Only one person wasn't participating in the fight.

"Stop it all of you!" Releena shouted at the top of her lungs.

All the yelling stopped so that the prison was filled with a dead silence and all eyes turned towards Releena who was usually calm and quiet.

"If you ask me you're all being stupid. It's no ones fault. If this guy managed to capture us as easily as he did then none of you not even Gundam Pilots could have stopped or prevented it. Now it's too late to worry about little things like that and it is not a good time for us to turn against each other. That's exactly what villains want. Right now we have to work together and try to figure away out of here."

Every one hung their heads. Releena was right about at least one thing. Finding a way out was a greater priority than finding out whose fault it was. They all apologized with Quatre being the first (unsurprisingly). While Heero still blamed himself he agreed that it was important for them to get out of there before the guy managed to completely accomplish his plan. Millardo would have agreed with Heero for the first time if he had known what Heero was thinking.

Millardo blamed Heero for Releena being Heero and not even Releena could persuade him other wise. Millardo and Heero had always been rivals but the bitterness between them had grown when Millardo found out that Releena loved Heero. And Millardo's hatred grew even more when he found out that Heero loved Releena as well. As much as Millardo despised the idea of Heero and Releena going out (let alone marrying) he despised it even more when Heero broke Releena's heart or caused her any kind of pain. At first the reason for Millardo's hate had been the rivalry between the two ex-pilots.

Now Millardo was more worried about Heero hurting Releena. It was a good thing that Millardo hadn't found out what happened between Releena and Heero because if he had he probably would have tracked Heero down and (somehow or another) killed Heero on the spot.... even if he died doing it.

"I think that we'll probably need to wait to begin planning our escape until we find out what this place is made of and who our captor is." Quatre informed everyone.

"Good thinking," Trowa agreed.

They were all thinking that they'd have to wait until Hilde recovered and Duo got a grip but no one would say it aloud. Then Kuo woke up from her nap. Heero, Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei all held their breath hoping she would need to find out about what had happened to her mother. Unfortunately, things usually don't go the way the gundam pilots would like.

"Daddy why is mommy taking a nap? I thought grown-ups didn't take naps. And what's that around her head? And why is mommy fat? And why do you look so upset?" she asked.

"Err, umm. Mommy's fat because she's going to have a baby. She's taking a nap cause she's tired from working too hard and the thing around her head is a new kind of hat." Duo lied.

"Oh okay."

Thank God that Kuo was gullible. The four gundam pilots breathed sighs of relief. Then realization hit all of them. Suppose Hilde didn't wake up any time soon? Suppose the baby wanted to be born before Hilde regained consciousness? Duo had enough to worry about so they didn't tell him that little detail. Hallie shushed the triplets and began putting them to sleep. Holly was rocking baby Quatra in her arms and humming a lullaby. Noin told Azalea and Zechs it was bedtime. Duo gently laid Hilde down. Then Duo talked Kuo into going to bed with help from Hallie. Holly, Hallie, Amy, and Releena went to sleep. As did Noin, Sally, and their husbands. Finally only the five gundam pilots were awake.

"Heero. Is something on your mind?" Quatre asked.

"No." he lied.

"Heero."

"...."

"Is it about Releena?"

"...."

"It's not your fault Heero. Releena is the most important person in both space and on earth. You know how strong they are. No one could have stopped them."

"At least she's not hurt! Hilde's barely alive. She's in like a coma or something. And she's could have that baby any day in the near future! I can't raise Kuo on my own let alone a baby! What if she dies? Listen I swear I cannot live without Hilde. I'm not going to get over Hilde the way Wufei got over Merien."

The other pilots stared at Duo. They'd never seen him this worked up. Sure he was upset when Deathscythe got blown up but this? The gundam pilots knew now that if Hilde died Duo was going to go completely insane.

"Duo, we'll get out of here and we'll get Hilde to a doctor. Soon." Quatre told him.

"Yeah and whoever's in charge will pay dearly for the misery he's causing." Trowa added.

"Hilde's strong. She'll live." Wufei said.

"Duo, we've gotten through worse scrapes we'll get through this." Heero told Duo.

However, Quatre wasn't so sure himself that they would be able to get out. Trowa knew that they'd have to figure out how to get out of this prison first and he was clueless as to how they'd pull it off. Wufei was beginning to become doubtful about Hilde recovering. And Heero couldn't think of a single situation they'd been through worse than this one. Then the pilots heard a familiar voice.

"Well, well, well. How touching."

"Grrr." growled Heero.

"Not you." Duo groaned.

"Stupid, weak woman." Wufei muttered.

"You didn't die?" Trowa asked.

"Hello Dorothy, nice to see you again." Quatre said sarcastically.

"Yes I'm alive. Alive and well. Well, who'd have ever thought that there was someone stronger than Heero Yuy? My, my, my. Things really are hopeless for you pilots now."

Then Dorothy turned her back on the gundam pilots and left.

"Oh won't Releena be thrilled to hear that Dorothy's alive and working for our enemy." Wufei muttered sarcastically.

"Maybe we should get some sleep," Quatre said. "I think we're waking someone up."

They looked and saw that Azalea was beginning to stir. The pilots went to bed but they didn't sleep well. They were all worrying about not being able to get out, about what this insane villain might do. Eventually they drifted off to peaceful sleep. They slept right through the last batch of "guests" being brought into the cell. Then at 4:00 a.m. everyone's dreams were interrupted by well-known voices.

"Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. You boys have been getting lazy."

Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre, Wufei, Hallie, Holly, and Amy groaned. So did Catherine, Alex, Tosheiden, Sally, Noin, and Millardo. Releena groaned louder. The little kids looked confused.

"So that who the last cell was for. I'm going back to bed." Wufei said matter of factly.

"Now what do you idiots want from us." Duo growled.

"You didn't happen to make new gundams for us and smuggle them in with you did you?" Trowa said sarcastically.

"It's four in the morning. What do you want?" Quatre asked.

"The soldiers we trained would be busy trying to find a way out. Too busy to sleep." Professor G said.

"Or training to improve their strength for when they broke out." Master O added.

"Or trying to figure out what this place was made of." Instructor H noted.

"Or dead for failing a mission." Doctor J said looking at Heero.

"Or free because they had paid attention to the signs and hadn't gotten caught." Doctor S said.

"You're right. I guess since they can't do it you'll have to do it yourselves. Speaking of which. Why are you all here? Didn't you "read the signs"?" Releena shot back.

The scientists looked at Releena in disbelief. So did everyone else. Then Noin started clapping. Soon the other pilots and adults joined in. The kids clapped too but they didn't know why.

"Go Releena. I don't think any one ever talked back to those guys before now." Sally said.

"Actually, umm. We never did talk back to them." The pilots mumbled.

"Actually, umm. She is the first to talk back to us." The scientists mumbled.
Then the door closed and the dark figure who was the "evil mastermind" walked in. Heero gave him the Yuy death glare. Everyone was glaring and scowling at him.

"Well here I am ready to reveal myself as promised. My aren't you looking lovely Releena."

Heero's glare intensed (Author's Thought: It's possible for the Yuy death glare to be worse than it already is?).

"However first I think I'll tell you about the material the prison is made of. It's an indestructible material, strong than gundanium. It was created by my scientists. They're 100 times smarter than these scientists. It's called rancorousanium (Author's Note: Root word rancorous. Rancorous means evil. This guy is evil. Get it?).

There is no known material or force that can destroy it." He filled the room with his evil laugh.

"Shut up you baka." Wufei growled.

"Tsk, Tsk. Temper, Temper. Anyhow, yes you want to know who I am. My name is Machiavellian Adroitvitch. I am ready to claim what is rightfully mine and punish those who stand in my way."

 

 

 

Author's Note: Hey, sorry it took so long to write this part. I feel like I've been working on it for ages. Any way. Just so you know Machiavellian means sly and Adroit means evil. The thesaurus is a really good way to come up with names. Any way same as always email me with comments and questions. Please! raerenee@gundambliss.zzn.com
Visit Gundam Love at http://raerenee.tripod.com/gundamloveraeandrenee/
Gundam love is a gundam wing website created by my sister and me. Thank You!

(another picture that i can't copy ~pixie)