It's a Love Thing

 

Heero: Two questions, ML: is this a songfic, and if so, which song, and two, which coupling?

ML: Yes, this is a songfic, to Keith Urban's "It's a Love Thing", and the coupling is 1XR.

Relena: Thank you, thank you ML!

ML: You sure know how to pick them, Heero. Now can you take your girl off me before I suffocate?

Heero: Sure. Come on Relena. Lemon room.

Relena: Ok.

ML: Phew. Now that the lovebirds are out of the way, time for the important stuff. (Grabs papers with the disclaimer on them) "I don't own Gundam Wing, since that is owned by Sunrise and Bandai. I also don't own the song 'It's A Love Thing', since that's owned by both Keith Urban and Capitol Records Nashville."

There. That ought to do it. ROLL FILM!

 

=======================================================

 

Yea

Ooh, it's a love thing
I've been working all day long
And now I'm ready to come on home to you

 

AC 205

 

Preventers HQ - Friday - 6:45 P.M.

 

Heero Yuy, former pilot of the wing, wing zero and wing zero custom, was getting ready to pack it in. It was just a matter of where he wanted to be after work. He left the office, and saw Duo Maxwell coming towards him. "Heero, man. The guys and me are planning to shoot some hoops. Wanna come along?" Heero said, "Thanks, but no. I promised Relena we'd have a little time to ourselves today." Duo said, "Not again, Heero. Ever since you and Relena got hitched, you hardly have any time for us anymore." Wufei replied, "Yeah. That onna's got you wrapped around her finger." Quatre said, "Well, have fun." Heero went into the parking lot, into his car, and thought, "They wouldn't understand. Even though Duo has Hilde, Trowa has Catherine, Quatre has Dorothy, and Wufei has Sally, they wouldn't leave them high and dry."

 

All the other guys
They roll their eyes
And don't realize just what I wanna do - It's what I wanna do

 

They say I'm wrapped around your finger
But they don't understand
That what we got is more than just

A diamond on your hand

 

Baby it's a love thing - whoa
oh, baby it's a love thing - yeah

 

 

Duo went to his car, and thought, "Man, that's certainly not the Heero I know." He rolled his eyes, and thought, "Better to leave well enough alone. I don't want to wind up in a coffin." Trowa, who was sitting in front, since his car got looted, said, "I agree. Heero certainly hasn't been himself." Quatre and Wufei were in separate cars, and they were all going to same place. A park right nearby that had a basketball court. After the war, the gang became good in the basketball court as well as in their respective gundams. However, they were all still bummed that Heero wanted to spend time with his girl instead of with his friends.

 

 

As for the lovebird himself, he walked into his apartment, where Relena was waiting for him. As soon as she saw him, Relena ran from her position on the couch and wrapped him in her arms. "Heero. This is so unexpected. I thought you would hang around with your friends instead of coming home to me." Heero just said, "Hn. I thought I'd spend some time with you, since it's your day off." Relena said, "Good decision. How about a movie?" Heero answered, "Sure. I'll pay."



Sure I can hang around
And complain about the way things ought to be
Yeah there's trouble in the world
But you're the girl whose open arms are all I really need
That's why I come runnin'
To be there by your side
So let 'em call me crazy
But it can't be denied


Baby it's a love thing - whoa
Ah, baby it's a love thing - yeah

 

And it's not about the same last name
It's not a thing that could be explained
It's how you make me feel inside
and the way you hold me every night

 

It's a love thing - whoa
Oh, baby, it's a love thing - yeah
(Here we go now)

 

It's a love thing

 

Heero and Relena decided to go to a chick flick, and they enjoyed it, even though Heero had the occasional cringe. After all, it's not everyday that the perfect soldier took out someone on date, whether he was married or not. After that, the two enjoyed a walk in the park. The ironic thing was, it was the same park that the guys were in. Duo saw the two and said, "Hey Heero. Nice to see you here." Heero said, "Yeah. Nice to be here." Trowa reprimanded the braided boy, "Leave Heero alone. He wants to spend time with his girl." Heero said, "Well, I gotta get going. See you on Monday." Duo said, "Sure." When the two lovebirds left, Wufei said it again: "She's definitely got him wrapped around her finger."

 

They say I'm wrapped around your finger
But they don't understand
That what we got is more than just
A diamond on your hand

 

Baby it's a love thing - whoa
Ah, baby it's a love thing - yeah
Baby it's a love thing - whoa
Ah, baby it's a love thing - yeah
ooh, it's a love thing - whoa
My sugar it's a love thing - yeah
Baby it's a love thing - whoa
Ah, baby it's a love thing - yeah

 

After Heero drove Relena back to his apartment, Heero actually cooked Relena dinner, and they enjoyed it. Heero thought, "I sure could get used to married life, and I didn't pick a better girl to get married to." Relena thought, "I'm sure glad I married him." 

END

 

===========================================================

 

I know it's not my best work, but R&R, will ya?