LIFE LOVE AND FAMILY: THIS MEANS WAR
BY THE ORACLE AT DELPHI

 
 

 
Legal stuff:  They're not mine.  Just the made up folks are.
 

 


Chapter 10:
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~Two weeks later~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Heero was in Zero's cockpit making modifications to it.
 
"Hey Heero!" a female voice yelled.
 
Heero leaned over the edge of Zero's hatch and growled.  Melissa St. John was in front of Zero.
 
"It's Lt. Yuy to you and what do you want?"
 
"I want to talk to you.  If you don't mind" Melissa replied.
 
"I do mind."
 
"I'm not leaving until you talk to me."
 
"Suit yourself"
 
"Private St. John what are you doing here?  This is a restricted area."
 
Melissa turned around and looked the person in front of her up and down.
 
"I asked you a question, Private."
 
"Who are you?" Melissa replied snotty.
 
"Read the tag what does it say."
 
Melissa read the tag, 'Oh Shit. Lt. Jamenson'
 
"Sir. Forgive me Sir.  I was out of line Sir."  Melissa stammered.
 
"Yes you were.  Now answer my original question, Private."
 
Heero smiled as he heard Jai giving Melissa hell.
 
"The door was unlocked so I just decided to see where it led" Melissa replied.
 
"Did you think that the big red and white sign on the door that says "Restricted Access. Authorized Personnel Only" didn't apply to you, Private"
 
"I wasn't paying attention to the sign, Sir"
 
"Wasn't paying attention!  That is no excuse!  Maybe you should pay more attention to what you're doing rather than how you're going to get your claws into Lt. Yuy."
 
Melissa jaw dropped and Jai smiled evilly at her.
 
"Oh yes I know you have the hots for Lt. Yuy and you've got it really bad too.  Let me be the first to tell you that you are way out of your league and it would be wise for you to stop trying to pursue him if you want to remain a Preventer.  Now get out of my sight.  You disgust me."
 
"Sir", Melissa saluted and left the way she came in.
 
Jai pulled on the ripcord and went up to Zero's cockpit.
 
"Your Welcome"
 
Heero began laughing, "You're a real bitch."
 
"That's me true to form."
 
"What are you doing here?" he asked her.
 
"Actually I was looking for you.  When are you going to tell Relena how you feel about her?"
 
"."
 
"Well since you won't answer my question, I'll just tell you that your time is running out and Relena is about to move on without you."
 
They stared at each other for a moment before Jai jumped from the cockpit and landed on the catwalk on the balls of her feet in a kneeling position.  She stood up and walked away leaving Heero with his thoughts.
 
'What the hell is that suppose to mean?'  Heero thought.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Wufei was walking down the hallway toward the office the Pilots all shared until the new addition is completed.  Coming toward him was Samone Ling.
 
"Good Morning Wufei", Sally replied as she came out of the office Kellee, Catherine and Hilde shared.
 
"Quick Onna, play along" he said as he grabbed Sally.
 
"Morning Sally" Wufei said loudly and pulled Sally to him and began kissing her passionately.
 
Sally played along with Wufei.  She wrapped her arms around his back and deepened the kiss.  He responded by pulling her closer.  Samone saw them kissing, turned around and ran back the way she'd come.  Wufei and Sally continued to kiss until they heard Duo's voice coming from down the hall. They quickly broke apart.
 
"We should "play" more often Wufei" Sally said licking her lips.
 
"I wasn't playing", he said looking her in her eyes.
 
"Neither was I" Sally said as she turned on her heal and left.
 
Wufei watched her until she turned the corner and then continued to their office.  Sally removed a detonator from the pocket of her jacket.
 
"Hey Sal what's happening?" Hilde asked ignoring Duo who was still trying to apologize for the nurse incident.
 
"Shh! 54321" Sally pushed the detonator.
 
"OOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"
 
Jai was outside of the Pilots office when Wufei screamed.  Jai jumped back when he exited like a bat out of hell.  Wufei was covered in honey and white feathers from head to toe.
 
"I'M GOING TO KILL THAT ONNA!!!"  Wufei yelled as he tore down the hallway in the direction Sally was headed.
 
"It's too early in the morning for this." Jai ran after him to try and prevent the bloodshed that was likely to occur. 
 
Wufei ran so fast that he skid past the hallway Sally, Duo, Hilde, Quatre, Kellee, and Jase werein.  When they saw the state Wufei was in their jaws dropped.  Wufei was true to his dragon clan heritage. He was breathing fire.  They all began to laugh.
 
"ONNA!! LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME!!"
 
"Hey everybody, its Captain Clucky." Duo said as everybody continued to laugh.
 
"What's wrong Wufei?  Don't you like the new you.  You look good in feathers and honey." Sally said tracing an "S" on his chest. 
 
Wufei took a step closer to Sally and in a menacing voice said, "Onna you will pay dearly"
 
"Be greatful it wasn't tar." She replied smiling.
 
"No you should be greatful it wasn't tar."
 
Wufei grabbed Sally and slung her over his shoulders and headed back to the Pilots office as everyoneelse followed.
 
"Damn it!  Put me down Wufei!" Sally yelled as she beat on the back of his legs and twisting to get out of his grasp.
 
"As you wish" he replied as he tossed her in the mound of honey and feathers that was on the floor of the office. 
 
Everyone watched in silence as Sally and Wufei wrestled in the sticky mess.  Sally trying to escape and Wufei making sure she was just as covered in honey and feathers as he was.  Duo was the first to start laughing at the pair.  Sally and Wufei stopped when they heard Duo laughing.  They looked at each other and smiled evilly.  Fast as lightening they grabbed Duo by his arms and pulled him into the sticky goo.
 
"Hey!  What the hell did you do that for!  Do you have any idea how long it's going to take me to wash this shit out of my hair!"
 
Wufei and Sally responded by rubbing more of the honey and feathers in his hair.
 
"Now who's Captain Clucky?" Wufei said as he tossed more honey and feathers at Duo.
 
"What the hell is going on here!?"
 
Everyone stopped laughing and turned to see a furious Lady Une.  Lady Une stared at the three Preventers on the floor.
 
"Lt. Po, Lt. Maxwell and Lt. Chang in my office AFTER you clean this mess and yourselves up!"  Lady Une shouted and spun on her heel, walked to her office and slammed the door.
 
"Ooh. You're gonna get it now."  Kellee said in a kiddy voice.
 
"Hey!" Kellee shouted as Trowa shoved her and she fell into the honey and feathers too.
 
"Good lookin' out Trowa" Duo said as he tossed more honey and feathers at Kellee.
 
"That's for talking me to death." He said to Kellee and walked away.
 
"You ain't seen nothing yet, Trowa Barton."
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
"That Bitch!" Samone spat as she slammed the file cabinet shut.
 
Thoughts of Wufei and Sally kissing in the hallway invaded her mind for the umpteenth time.
 
"I'll have him for myself if it's the last thing I do.  I'll have to get rid of that half breed whore but how?"
 
Simone began to think of ways to get rid of Sally.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~Later that day~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Trowa stormed into the Pilot's office.
 
"Quatre, you have 29 sisters.  Do you think you would miss one?" asked an irate Trowa.
 
Quatre was stunned.  He'd never seen this side of Trowa before.  Not until Kellee arrived here that is.  Heero looked up from his laptop.
 
"Trowa, what's wrong?"
 
"Your sister keeps talking to me to death and its not meaningful conversation either.  It's a bunch of babble that has nothing to do with anything.  I'm going to have to kill her in order to make her stop."
 
Quatre smiled at Trowa, "She wants something from you and she's going to drive you crazy with her endless chatter until she gets it.  That's what she does when she wants something from me.  Has she pulled out her "weapon" yet?"
 
"Uh No. What weapon?"
 
"There you are Trowa.  I've been looking all over for you." Kellee said as she entered the office carrying a very large book.
 
"I'm going to redecorate my room and I want your opinion on some things."  Kellee said as she slammed the book on Quatre's desk sending various papers flying through the air.  She flipped the book open to reveal fabric and wallpaper swatches.
 
"That weapon." Quatre said as he stared at the offensive book.
 
"What do you think about this fabric for the curtains and this wallpaper?" she asked him as she put the fabric swatch next to the wallpaper swatches.
 
"."
 
"Ok.  Well what do you think about this set?" she asked as she repeated the process with a different set of swatches. 
 
"."
 
"How about these?"
 
This process continued for about fifteen minutes with Kellee rearranging swatches, asking Trowa what he thought about them and him not answering her.  Quatre was watching his best friend suffer and trying not to laugh at him as Trowa's normal stoic expression slowly changed to one of despair.  Even Heero had a hard time keeping a straight face.  Trowa was truly suffering.  Finally Trowa had enough.  He grabbed Kellee by her shoulders and spun her around so he could look her straight in the eye.
 
"What do I have to do to get you to shut up talking to me?  I will do ANYTHING if you would just leave me alone."
 
Kellee smiled at him, "Take me out to dinner tonight after the circus is over."
 
"What?"
 
"You heard me.  Take me out, to dinner, tonight" she replied still smiling at Trowa.
 
"Fine.  Just don't bring that book."
 
"Deal. Oh by the way, don't tell a soul." Kellee said as she picked up her "weapon" and left the office.
 
Trowa sat down at his desk and let his head fall down onto it with a thunk, "I'm going to spend the evening with the most annoying creature in the known universe."
 
"Quatre, your sister as a weird way of getting dates." Heero said as he turned back to his laptop.
 
Quatre looked over at Trowa, "Apparently it works.  Maybe I should try it with your sister."
 
"You'll be dead before you get to her doorway." Heero replied as he continued to type.
 
"It's all your "onna's" fault I got yelled at, Wufei." Duo said as they entered the office.
 
"She's not my Onna, you braided baka."
 
"Whatever"
 
"So how did it go?" Quatre asked.
 
"Well we'll just say that if I hadn't fought in a war, it would have been a traumatic experience.  Lady Une is not someone you want to piss off." Duo stated as he sat down at his desk.
 
Hilde stormed through the door and slammed a box down on Duo's desk.
 
"Damn it Duo! Stop sending me stuff.  It's over."
 
Duo stood up and used his hands to brace himself as he leaned over his desk only inches away from Hilde's face, "What do you mean its over? You didn't give it a chance to begin. You refuse to talk to me.  What do I have to do to get a second chance?  The nurse incident wasn't even my fault but you know that already."
 
"It began seven years ago, only you were too caught up in yourself to notice. There's nothing you can do to get a second chance.  Let it go.  I did."
 
"So your trying to tell me after all these years you no longer love me?" Duo asked.
 
"I'm moving on Duo.  You should do the same," Hilde replied as she turned and walked toward the door.
 
"You didn't answer my question, Hilde. I will always love you, Hilde."
 
Hilde paused as she reached the door, "Stay away from me, Duo." And she left the office.
 
Duo smiled like a Cheshire cat and sat down in his chair, "That's what I thought."
 
"So what are you going to do now Duo?" Trowa asked.
 
"I'm going to get my Goddess of Death back." He replied.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Knock, Knock"
 
Jai look up from her laptop, "Hi Quatre. I was coming to see you but it seems you have saved me a trip upstairs."
 
"Oh really.  What were you coming to see me about?" he asked as he came around her desk and sat on the corner of it.
 
"We have a little problem with our cupid plan."
 
"You means besides the fact Hilde won't give Duo the time of day." He said.
 
"And Heero still hasn't told Relena that he loves her." She added.
 
"Hilde and Relena both have dates for tonight." Jai informed Quatre.
 
Quatre smiled, "That's good.  It's just the right push they need to get things moving in the right direction."
 
"Are you crazy?  Heero and Duo are going to go ballistic when they find out."
 
"Exactly.  Duo has already stated in not so many words that Hilde belongs to him and I bet Heero is just as possessive of Relena. Now all I have to go deliver the latest gossip." He replied.
 
"I hope you know what your doing."
 
He leaned forward and stared into her eyes, "Trust me."
 
"I get the felling your not just talking about what we were discussing."
 
He took his index finger and traced down the side of her face never breaking eye contact.
 
"I wasn't."
 
"Quatre, I was raised to toy with other peoples emotions.  I don't want to hurt you by toying with yours."
 
Quatre got up from the desk, placed his both of his hands on the armrests of her chair, leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Why are you fighting your feelings for me?  I know you care about me.  I can sense it."
 
"I care about everybody.  You are no different." She whispered back into his ear.
 
"What you feel for me is totally different and you know it but that's not important.  What's important is that I know and I will use it to my advantage." He replied in a whisper and softly kissed the side of her neck.
 
He then let go of the chair and left her office.
 
"Damn him! This means war." Jai muttered as she touched her neck where he kissed her.