Chapter 4

 

Relena woke up in a pond. Balls of yellow light flowed under water. Her fingers played light with one. It was nighttime she could tell. Stars reflected under water. She floated. She didnít even have to breathe. The scene was Serene. ëAm I dead?í She sighed and let the current take her. She saw the moon and stars through the water. She opened her eyes. She saw her reflection. She must be dead she looked beautiful. Her lips were pink and her eyes a sparkling blue. Her skin was a paler color than before. She was wearing a Kimono too. The top was a light purple and sleeveless. The bottom was a pure white with a slit to the knee for legroom. Her top had the design of angel feather on one side. Around her arms was a clamp that was white. She was barefoot too! She surfaced. She looked around her. Her village wasnít in sight. "Am I dead or was a flung somewhere?" Relena asked. Relena looked and saw her green bag. She ran to it. Everything was there except her dagger. She looked and saw a silver staff. It had the sign of an angel feather on it just like her dagger. The staff curled inward like a cinnamon roll at the end.

Heero woke up on a beach. His pirate band were nowhere in sight. It was deserted. His head hurt. He rubbed the back of it. Feeling something warm he pulled it away. "My head is bleeding." He stated. Everything in front of him would seem like forever to get to the other side. He wondered what had happened to the villagers as well as the pirates. Also he remembered that blonde girl. "Why worry about her?" he muttered. ëI donít know something is just different about her.í He said. He walked on to what seemed to him like forever. Soon he spotted smoke rising from the sky. He ran to the area. There before him was the village. A little fire here and there but besides that everything looked black and burned. He heard someone coughing and ran in the voice direction. There was a man with blonde hair lying on the ground. "CaptainÖ" he said approaching it. The body lifted its head to the person. "Oh itís you. Hey kid. You donít look so beat up." Odin said. "Compared to you at least." Heero said calmly and tried to lift him up. "Donít bother, just let me lay here." Odin ordered coughing more. "But youíll die." Heero stated. "I will die anyway." Odin said lying his head back down. Heero didnít understand this. Why give up just like that. He felt pain at the back of his heart. He didnít understand this emotion. Then again he never understood human emotions. Why pirates and sailor drunk for no reason. Why people fell in love or cried. Why people hurt others and hurt themselves. Yet even through this and went on laughing under cerulean skies. "Look hereís a last piece of advice for ya kid." Odin said interrupting his thoughts. Heero nodded and listened. "Follow your emotions so you wonít regret things." And with that he closed his eyes.

Relena woke up. She was on a beach. She coughed up some water. Everything was normal and her dagger was there. "Was it all a dream?" she questioned. It was so hot wherever she was. She saw a tiny jungle. How would she find her way back? Where was everyone? What happened to her mother, the pirates, SakuraÖ and that boy? Her memories were coming back but that wasnít much help now. She began to walk endlessly.

Heero just lied in the water letting the blood rinse away. He had lost the pirate band, the villagers too probably. Now he had no home. ëYou never had a home.í He told himself. He felt so drained of energy and emotions. What was he living for now? Where would he go? To become a thief? Living a normal life never suited him. Heero had memories flash through his head. Many of them of that girl. "Why do I even care itís not like we got along." Heero snorted. He remembered when he saw her swimming and when he saved her. Even the fight was a memory. A shadow passed over him. He looked up and saw an oval shape on the surface.

Relena was tired and hot. "Iím so thirsty. First it was a jungle now a desert." Relena complained. She walked on until she fell to her knees. "Iím so thirsty." She said panting. She couldnít breathe her throat was so dry. She lay on the ground on the verge of crying. She closed her eyes and smelled a sweet scent she often remembered from home. She opened her eyes from the dream. She looked around and found she was in a flower field. She forced herself up. She saw a figure in the distance. She ran to it. That pink button dress that went to the knees and that red vest and brown pigtails. "SakuraÖ" she whispered wanting to believe it was true. She felt so alone. "Sakura!" she yelled hoping for a reaction. "Itís me!" she yelled vainly. "Sakura!" she said running towards her, but instead ran through her. She fell to the ground. Sakura turned and smiled warmly. It was all a mirage. She cursed whatever caused all this. She felt the heat overcome her.