Pirates Chapter 5

 

 

Relena woke up and everything was surprisingly cool. No more heat. ëIs this a dream?í Relena thought. The thirst that had teased her dry throat was quenched. She was not thirsty anymore, but she was hungry. Relena gazed up. Maybe she was home. ëMy home is gone, but maybe the desert was a dream too.í Perhaps she was home. It had the same architecture. Houses of tree wood with four rooms usually. They had the same special leaves for the roof. Kahili leaves, strong and tough against rain, perfect for roving. Relena looked around her. She felt a cool air in the house. It wasnít the wind. She looked and saw three tree carved things turning. They were round edged and looked like they had batteries. Technology and a primitive house did not fit. She enjoyed the cool air it blew on her though. She smelt something too. She was just noticing it now. It smelt likeÖfood! If she didnít know better she would think she was goldilocks scarfing down the soup with vegetables in it. Whatever it was it was good. "Your awake I see." Said a feminine voice. Relena turned and saw a woman with blonde hair spiraling down on each side of her shoulder tied at the end. "Iím Dr. Po but you may call me Sally." The woman introduced herself. "I found you in a desert almost died of thirst." She told. "Thank you for saving me Sally. Howíd you find me and where are we?" Relena asked. "Well somethingís are best left unknown and we are on the edge of a big city called Yugopolis." Sally answered. "That would explain the technology. Is the city really so advanced?" Relena asked. "You bet. We got cars, metal, and shopping malls. Judging by the way you dress and the things in your bag you live in a more primitive lifestyle right?" Sally question. "Ya, why were you looking my bag?" Relena asked suspiciously. "Hey hon donít go flipping we have to discard weapons itís policy. Iím a doctor if you required serious help and refused using your dagger then weíd have problems." Sally answered honestly. Relena nodded.

Heero continued to paddle the boat. The ocean wasnít rough today. But his arms were aching. He was sick of the hot sun. The water was salty and made him sick to drink it. Not to mention he lacked food supply. It was just a tiny lifeboat from a ship. He water was so clear and aqua in the distant you could easily see dangerous creature lurk in it. Heero stopped to let his hands rest. He began to pant. He saw land not too far away. "Woohoo!" yelled a voice. At least they were having fun whoever they were. He looked and saw a big speedboat bouncing on waves with people aboard. He had been to big cities with that kind of stuff, and small towns with bars which pirates considered paradise. The boat was coming straight towards him! "Hey look out!" Heero yelled desperately. He jumped off the boat last second. The speedboat went right over it breaking it like a twig. Heero looked at it in shock. At a distance the boat stopped and turned around. Heero looked on board. "Hey itís that guy I told you about. Hey Heero old pal!" a voice said. Heero turned pale. That voice! It couldnít be. ëPlease donít let it be.í Heeroís mind prayed. Heero looked and saw a guy with brown hair braided smiling widely. With him was a brunette of short hair and a girl with long curly blonde hair. Not too curly at least. "Baka! I told you it wasnít a whale we hit!" the brunette said yanking his braid. "Ya sorry about that we didnít damage your boat did we?" the blonde asked looking innocently. But she looked like the mischievous type. Heero Looked at the boat in pieces. The girl sweat dropped. "Never mind." She replied. "Uh my name is Misty, but some call me Midii." She said. "Donít worry buddy you can come with us. Weíre headed to that city over there." The guy said pointing to the land. ëIíd rather swim.í Heero thought. "Fine" he said coldly. He lifted himself on the boat reluctantly.

Relena leaned her head out of the window of the car as it sped down a street. "Woohoo!" Relena yelled. "Donít lean too much forward this carís roof is down, but whatís up is your skirt." Sally warned. Relena blushed and got down. She was wearing a white miniskirt with a blue and white striped tank top. Relena looked out. The city was huge and beautiful! She didnít know these kinds of places existed. "So where are we going?" Relena asked as the wind blew her hair into her face. "To where I work to get you checked up and see if you need any shots. Then we are to tour the city. First weíll tour the mall." Sally answered. Relena looked in thought. "What is it?" Sally asked. "Sally whatís a shot?" Relena asked. "UhÖ" was all Sally could say. "Youíll see." She was glad she got rid of her dagger. Relena felt uncomfortable. "What kind of medicines and doctors do they have in your village?" Sally asked. "We have medicine men. Plant herbs are best medicines, more natural." Relena answered. "Medicine men? Like in Indian cultures with little dances and drinks with prayers?" Sally asked holding back her laughter. "Yep." Relena replied confused at what was so weird about it. "Well our medicines make pain go away and even get rid of fatal diseases, and prevent fatal things. Herbs are used to help some of our medicines, but they are not artificial just not natural." Sally giggled.

Heero just looked at him. He was the same. Smiling always, flirting with girls, and annoying him most of all. Here they were in a big city getting drinks. "Man are they good looking right buddy. We always get the girls." Duo laughed. "I like the brunette the best but she can be trouble. My braid does not exist for her amusement." Duo said looking innocent. "Knowing you itís used for discipline instead." Heero said emotionlessly. "So do you think you and the blonde have a chance?" Duo asked. "Sheís not my type." Heero answered. The only thing he came close to liking was "her". ëMan meeting her must have been the worse thing to ever happen to me because she is always annoying my mind.í Heero thought annoyed. "So buddy you gonna get a drink?" Duo asked. ëIím not in the mood." Heero retorted. "Ah come on. Our pirate buddies are gone. We got nothing to do but sit back and relax." Duo said trying to tempt Heero. "You knew they were dead and you didnít even care. Figures all you are is a part person, with no humanity." Heero snapped. Duo was shocked, even more Heero was shocked he said that. ëSince when did I start caring about humanity. D--- herí Heero thought angrily. "Okay whatever you say buddy." Duo replied. Heero sighed. "Donít call me buddy." He ordered.

Relena looked at it. The other examinations were okay. Test your hearing, eyesight, weight, mouth, heartbeat, etc, things that were obviously normal parts of the health examinations. But the shot! Relena looked at it and shivered. It was sharp and shiny. Relena was shaking. "Sally? What are you going to do with that?" Relena asked nervously. "Relena I need to test your blood and make sure your okay. Besides I will do it quickly and it will prevent certain diseases and other fatal things. Children go through it every day. Iíll try to do it quickly. Now surely you can get it. Look Iíll get you some ice cream afterwards if it makes you happy." Sally said putting the vaccine in the shot. Relena squinted and waited for it to come.

Relena was happy. The shot she survived and then they went shopping. It was fun. It was like she went from the A.D.ís to 3000 years later in the future. Everything was more expensive and they even had taxes! But all in all it was fun. Now she had made Sally stick to her promise to take her to get ice cream. But there were so many flavors. "Hmm, letís see. There is Strawberry, Mississippi Mud, Superman, Vanilla, Chocolate, Chocolate raspberry, Rocky Road, Mint Chocolate chip, and Raspberry Swirls. Man they have so many!" Relena exclaimed joyfully. "They have other flavors on this side." Sally informed. Relena ran over and looked at them. Her eyes were filled with delight. "So many to choose from!" Relena yelled. "Tell you what you can have three scoops." Sally said. Relena got even happier. "Your gonna have to try pizza later." Sally said. "Pizza?" Relena asked. "Ya a mixture of bread, tomato sauce, cheese, and other toppings." Sally had never seen anyone so exited and weird like this girl before.

Heero just continued drinking his lemonade and staring off into never ever land. "Hey Alice in wonderland!" Duoís cheerful voice said. "Try this." He said putting down a banana slip on the table. Heero looked at it. "What the h---." Heero said and scooped some up. But he spit it back out a second later. Relenaís reflection walked by in the glass. "Really that bad huh?" Duo asked. Heero looked around him desperately. ëMan why does she annoy me by constantly occupying my mind? Itís getting worse. Sheís not here Heero sheís probably dead.í Heero thought angrily. "Hey Duo time to get back to the hotel." Hilde yelled to him. "Alright will be there in a second!" Duo yelled back waving. "Ready pal?" Duo asked. "Whatever." Heero answered. "Alrighty then lets go." Duo said joyfully.

Relena tried desperately to make sure the ice cream didnít get on her closer. "Man they should call it 29 flavors instead of30 if they are out of Mousse Royal." Relena said while licking. Sally smiled "glad your liking it." "Look at this Mint Chocolate chip on top of Mississippi Mud and on the bottom is Vanilla." Relena murmured. "She would probably head back to the hotel soon and get some Pizza for dinner." Sally said. "You live in all this great stuff lucky you!" Relena said. They walked to the mall parking lot and then drove to the hotel. She was licking all the way.

Heero and the others had just check ñ in and headed towards the elevator. Then he spotted something. A gleam of moonlight hair went by the corner of his eye. "Hey I gotta go to the girlís restroom Iíll just be a second." Misty promised and left. "Okay weíll just be right he-" Duo was cut off as Heero suddenly started sneaking through the crowd. "What do you see?" Duo whispered. Heero turned pale. It was Relena! She was with someone, but they didnít matter. The fact was she was here. He tried to move closer. "So you do like women." Duo teased. Heero blushed. "Iím back." Misty said cheerfully. Heero groaned. He followed the to the elevator but still watched Relena all the way up. Duo just snickered all the way up with Hilde scolding him.


Relena walked up to the elevator with Sally. As she rode by she looked around through the glass. "Sally if this city is where you live then why do you have to go to a hotel?" Relena asked. "I live on the edge of the city, I just work here. But tonight we canít drive for an hour and back. We have to check your record and if what you said is true we need to find what has happened to your home." Sally answered. Relena got there and showered. Then they ordered Pizza and she got addicted to it. It was better than ice cream! While her and Sally were watching T.V. in their pajamas and eating Pizza a knock came at the door.