Pirates Chapter Seven

 

 

 

"So how is she?" Duo asked. "Dunno, they say it's not bad." Heero replied. "How about the lady?" Duo asked interested. "Which one the doctor or the rich one?" Heero pointed out. "Both." Duo replied. "The doctor is named Sally Po, and the girl I found is named Relena. Her father was village chief but was killed years ago, when she was seven. This other lady is rich having a party for what reason I don't know. She's in critical condition." Heero informed. Duo blinked. This guy didn't waste his time. "So how do you know this girl?" Duo teased. "That's none of your business." Heero snapped. Duo took a step back. "Hehehehe, okay buddy whatever you say!" he pleaded.

 

Relena woke up. She remembered everything, the party and the assassin. She looked to her bedside and saw the lady Eden by her. The lady was awake and breathing. "Come here dear." She coaxed. Relena got up and walked over to her. "How are you feeling?" Relena asked her eyes filled with concern. "I'm feeling fine. You weren't hit were you?" Eden asked. Relena shook her head. "Then why did you faint?" she asked. Relena hesitated. "I felt dizzy and overwhelmed. Almost sleepy." She said in memory. The woman smiled slightly. "Why did that guy try to assassinate you?" Relena asked. The woman shrugged. "My name as you might already know is Lady Eden." She said putting out her hand Relena shook it. "I am to be staying with you and your friends Sally it appears. I can't return home with someone out to get me." She explained.

 

It had been a week and for some reason Relena felt as though she was being watched. She never saw that boy after waltzing with him. She walked in and put down some groceries. A shadow was behind Relena. She felt a cold hand touch her shoulders and she fell to the floor.

 

Sally and Eden had been gone for three hours and returned to see Relena on the floor. Sally ran to her and knelt by her. "She fainted or something. She's very cold. Pale too." Sally noted. "We need to get her to the hospital where I work!" Sally said and picked her up. They sped down the road to the hospital. The doctors couldn't find anything to cure her. Sally began to panic. Eden was in the waiting room. "I don't get it. She won't wake up and she's cold. Almost as though dead, but her heart is beating regularly." Sally said frustrated. "I might know who did it." A cold voice said from the doorway. "It's you." Sally said recognizing Heero. Heero nodded and entered. He put his hand around Relena's to feel how cold it was. She looked helpless lying there but also like she was in a slumber. "Well?" Sally asked. "I'm going to see someone at the Treize Manor." Heero said. "Who are you going to see?" Sally said. Heero looked up at her. "Treize who else? I think he has something to do with this." Heero said.

 

The plan was to sneak into the manor and pay a visit to Treize. The party should be small to sneak in. So they would travel in a party of three. Heero would take Duo and Misty. Hilde would stay behind to monitor Relena's health. Heero, Duo, and Misty were standing at the gate. Two guards stood there keeping watch. "We'll hafta find another way around." Heero said. They turned and headed for the closest town to them. It was more advanced than the village Relena was from, but less advanced than the big city where she was presently. That black-headed guy named Wufei had disappeared after the assassination attempt. But he did know what must have happened to Relena. Heero knew it had something to do with the same lady that destroyed Wufei's town who was trying to kill Relena. They walked on the town's streets. Everything was white. The road was white with stones, and the houses were painted white. It looked like there was a festival going on. Parades and stands were everywhere. Something flashed in front of Duo's face. Everyone turned their heads to see a knife in the wall. Duo fainted.

 

"Hey are you alright?" a girl asked. She ran up to them. Her brown curly hair poured against her face with her blue eyes. Duo got up. "Were you trying to kill me?!" he yelled. "Sorry about that." She apologized. "I am from the circus. My brother and me were practicing and one of my knives strayed. That usually doesn't happen. We'll practice elsewhere." She said. (For all you Trowa and Catherine fans I am sorry. I think they should be a couple, but I must admit they are brother and sister. Even though it is not officially said there is enough proof.)  Duo got into his flirty mood. "Well such a pretty thing shouldn't feel so terrible if it was an accident!" he said flirting. "What's your name?" Duo asked. "My name is Catherine it's a pleasure." She said bowing. "My name's Duo and it is a pleasure!" she said. Misty just rolled her eyes. Heero was fed up; he didn't have time for this. "Where are you headed? Do you have time to stop for a show?" Catherine asked. Duo nodded but Misty yanked his braid. "Never min we better get going to the Treize manor." Duo said pouting. Catherine gasped and her brother Trowa ran up behind her. "What did you say?!" Trowa said with Catherine behind him. "Nice going baka!" Heero murmured.

"That was supposed to be a secret you idiot!" Misty yelled. "Why are you guys going to that place?" Catherine asked. "You going to steal from there?" Trowa asked. "What's it to you if we are?" Heero asked.

 

How he had ended up here was Duo's fault. They wanted to travel small. But since Catherine and Trowa wanted to steal from the manor, Duo invited them. Heero hung over the side of Trowa's boat. This was not some little tea party. Duo was causing enough trouble; he'd probably get 'em killed. Catherine and Misty were chatting. While Duo annoyed Trowa. Heero was happy that it wasn't him, but he did feel sorry for Trowa.