CHAPTER III-The Plot

A/N: Ceci must STOP writing short chapters! Gomen ne!

She stumbled into the house bruised and bleeding. Ariel had posted herself on the landing of the second floor, hands twined around the bars as she waited for her mother to come home.

Her mother struggled in, coughing and crying, touching her bruised thighs as if she were filled with disgusting pain.

"Mama?" Ariel asked quietly.

"Call the doctor, Ariel, call your father. Mommy got hurt."

Ariel didn’t know what rape was at that time, or even why it existed. All she knew was that her resulting brother did not belong. That somehow, all of her mother’s suffering and death was his responsibility.

Ariel Yuy had expected the sounds of an intruder in her house. She smiled at his angry when he knocked over a vase.

You’re getting careless, my brother.

But then, she had placed it in the middle of the living room floor for exactly that reason. She knew that in the profound darkness, not even Heero Yuy would see it. She was perched in her bed, her blankets drawn up to her chin, eagerly awaiting the confrontation.

When he entered the room, her grin had turned into a full-blown smile, "Hello, Heero. I hear you’ve been making a great deal of nocturnal visits lately."

He didn’t reply, merely rose his gun to kill her, "There’s no one to stop me now."

"I heard about your addiction. It was so tragic." She gave him a look of wide-eyed pity, ducking down his chin to look up at him, "I’m an open shot, Heero. I won’t try and bribe you." She lifted her head regally, "Kill me. Kill me just like you killed our mother!"

His hesitation was obvious.

"Ah, but to kill me was not your plan, was it? You want to threaten me out of the elections, because you are a afraid I won’t guide peace in the direction you want it to." She clapped her hands cheerfully, "I know! Why don’t we pretend we’ve already had the conversation, that I refused to give in, and it’s all over and done with. It was a messy affair anyway."

"Ariel…" he growled. She brightened up.

"You know what? I think I want things to go differently than this. I don’t think you have control in this situation, Heero Yuy," her voice had become cool and business-like, "I know you cut off electricity to this estate, and that you believe this conversation is not being monitored. Unfortunately, you forgot about remote cameras. I have been monitoring this room for the past week, expecting your visit." She leered broadly, "Unless you do as I ask, you will find yourself strapped with attempted murder. As far as I can tell, that’s a felony."

For one moment, she was certain he would kill her. Then, as if pulled by invisible strings, his gun arm lowered, shaking.

She smiled and dipped her head.

The following words came out between clenched teeth, "What is it you want?"

"I want you to file suit against Doctor J under charges of child abuse."

"What?"

"I think acknowledgement of our connection would be advantageous to me at this point. Just think about the publicity!"

He said nothing, only walked out.

What else could he do?