Disclaimer: I own nothing but the fic

Runaway Princess Part 3

 

 

Heero did NOT want to be here. He wouldn't be here if Duo and the other pilots insisting he come along. He would've been content staying in the mansion, devoting the peaceful time to finding Relena. He missed her and he loved her. That's why he didn't give up. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't even hear the announcer announcing Angel's Wrath. All 5 pilots looked up and the color drained from their faces as they saw Relena as she began to sing.

 

All~

Cross my heart
We said
Cross my heart
I'll be

 

Rel~

We got it all and we were fools to let it go
Cause I need you more and more
Cause you're my life and I live for your love
That you give
And although my journey's long, I'll soon be home

 

All~

Ohhhhh It's goona be so hard on my own
Ohhhhh But I won't be alone

 

Chorus: Cross my heart and tell no lies
No one's leaving you behind
Just because we siad goodbye, baby

 

Rel~

Sometimes I think
That I can feel you breathin on me
You're there so deep inside
And I like what I feel
Though it's not always real
It helps me carryon till I come home

 

All~

Ohhhhh It's gonna be so hard on my own
Ohhhhh But I won't be alone
Chorus 1X
Dream a dream a dream a dream a dreamin

 

Rel~

Wherever you are you're near me

 

All~

Please believe believe believe believe in

Rel~

Whatever I say I cross my heart

All~

Chorus 2X

As the audience clapped, Relena saw the 5 pilots and the girls sitting in the audience. The guys jaws were hanging open and the girls were smiling. Relena smiled as she walked offstage.

"Hey Kat, I'm gonna hafta go" said Relena.

"Why?" asked Kat.

"Because the guys saw me. Could you tell the girls to meet me at the apartment?" said Relena

"Sure" replied Kat as Relena walked out of the cafe.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Heero was in shock. He couldn't believe that he had seen Relena. It was even harder to believe what she was doing. Heero guessed there was some sides to Relena that even he didn't know about. He was broken out of his thoughts when he saw Kat, Adriana, Bianca, Jon, Paul and Bradley walk up to where they were sitting. Kat went over to where Hilde was sitting and whispered something in her ear. Hilde's eyes widened and the girls got their stuff and left, mumbling that they had something to do. Heero knew that they were going after Relena. Heero and the other pilots got up immeadiately to follow them, but Kat, Adriana, Paul, Brad, Jon and Bianca stood in their way.

"Get out of our way" said Heero.

"No" replied the group.

"I don't think you heard my friend, move" said Duo as they pushed the group aside and headed for where they were staying.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Relena and the girls were in a panic. They all knew the guys would try and get to them as soon as possible to get Relena and make her go home. They also knew that the group would buy them a little time to make their getaway. Each of them felt a little guilty about leaving the group to deal with the ex-Gundam pilots, but there was no choice. It was either this or send Relena back into a world of misery. The girls could tell that Relena was very happy singing when she was onstage tonight. It was pretty plain and obvious.

"Is everyone ready to go?" asked Relena.

"Yeah!" chorused the girls.

"Let's go" said Relena as they headed out the backdoor and into the alleyway where the car was.

As soon as everyone was settled in, Relena hit the gas pedal and they were off to their new life.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Heero and the other pilots burst into the groups'd place and searched it from top to bottom.

There was no trace of them. Heero looked in the last room and saw a teddy bear with a faded red ribbon around it's neck on the bed. It was the bear he'd given to her on her 16th birthday.

He looked down and saw a note on the bed. He picked it up and read it.

 

Dear Heero,

I knew the day would come when you would eventually find me, but you must know that I don't want to be found again. The girls are coming with me of their own free will. I left the bear here because I knew you would find it. This way, you would always remember me. Please remember me.

Love, Relena

 

Heero held the note in his hand as a single tear slid down his cheek and fell onto the note. For the first time in his life, the Perfect Soldier didn't hide his emotions as he cried over the one person that meant the most to him.