^A^ Ok, I don't know what's been really happening with ff.net but I believe it's working now. ^_^ Chapter 11 (as I believe you are sorta waiting for is in a mess. There is alot going on that I need to get control over. Unfortunely I'll be leaving for the March Break for a CRUISE!! I never been on one and I'm SOOO excited. That's why I'll be missing for a few days. ^_^ Away from my personal life now or what's life of it.... **cough** This was inspired by the Friday night movie when I was home alone **shivers**. The Soldier which I watched Night March 3. (In case you wanted to know)

I don't think this is angst, but you'll have to decide. *Grins* Enjoy and remember to email back. *winks*^A^

Standard Disclaimers apply: All the characters in this story belongs to Sun Rise and company. I do not own Gundam Wing in anyway. The movie The Soldier is not mine either, yet this story does belong to me, SO don't copy. That's plagiarism and illegal. This story is plainly for the reader's enjoyment.

Notes

* * - means typing on the computer
words in italics - means personal thoughts in 3RD person.
IMPORTANT - sorry for yelling, ^_^, just note that all of this is in 3rd person. Reading the personal thoughts is a little peculiar at times, but generally it's fine. (**winks**)



I am only a Soldier

By: Pixie^A^
Rated: PG




**Flashback**

Slowly the dark shadow waited for the information to be sent to his computer in a dim room....

*Mission: Kill Black Hand*

He smirked. Kamikaze mission, or he could make it one. Finally. He had been waiting for this mission for so long. A soldier like him had no place in peace, wasting away. It was not his place. There had never been a place for him. Never will.

* Terrorists Organisation that has caused many problems politically and economy. Categorised as deadly. Last known terrorist organisation.*

"What's going on?" a timid female voice asked interrupted his thoughts. She had come in without knocking trying not to make any noise. It didn't work naturally. He had heard her, though he didn't show it liked he didn't show anything. Naturally.

"Nothing"

"I don't believe you"

"Hn." Typical. Why would she trust him? Heavens sakes, he did threaten her life. "That's your choice" He responded back icily, his eyes glued to the computer screen as the information of the mission was filed to him.

*Penetrate defences without being seen.*

There was a sad sigh. "No.... you're taking it the wrong way. I trust you with my life, but I don't trust you to tell me the truth when it comes to being emotional."

*Kill all men*

He ignored her. What good did emotions do? Some people say they are necessary for they were what made them human. Kind and compassionate humans. Whatever. It was these same emotions that caused hate, fear, conflict and war.

*Find all files and send them to headquarters. Destroy them afterwards*

Were emotions really worth it? No. If emotions were what made a human then animals didn't have emotions, nor did plants. Nor did he. Yet they survived. They lived and kill with purpose, existing in balance with the earth, unlike humans..

*Demolish base*

"It's a mission isn't it?" the whisper came.

"Hn" Slowly he rose from the chair and turned around, avoiding her glistening eyes. She hated missions. Foolish. Everything in life was a mission. Why not just come out and accept it? He went over to his bed and opened a drawer.

"Why must you go? Why can't someone else?"

Did it honestly matter? Someone was going to die. Why not him? He had no place, no name as it was. Who was better for the mission?

"Because"

"What's your mission?" She demanded, suddenly determined to hear the truth.

Good. She was learning. Becoming stronger. She would need to be. "Kill Black Hand" he responded as he reached down taking a handgun and bullets. With a straight face, he slid the bullets in the barrel one at a time, ignoring her soft gasp. Sealing some far away man's fate. With a quick flick of his thumb, the barrel clicked into place.

"You're kidding.... they're an entire organisation!! There will be hundreds of soldier to fight!"

Suddenly his mind shifted. Once he wasn't sure what his purpose was, and wanted to know. Soldier: a man engaged in military service. What a pathetic definition that the dictionary gave. A soldier was a something used for war. For fights. A soldier was willing to give up his life for his mission. He still didn't know what his purpose was, but he knew that one in the dictionary was wrong. Soldiers were emotionless. Emotions would block humans from doing their job as "soldiers". They were weak when the time really counted.... in the heat of battle. Deceptions and lies were not uncommon.

"Only twenty of them would be close to being soldiers" He coldly stated. She blinked confused for a moment.

"Even so, it's still twenty to one." She shot back, deciding to accept what he said as truth, "You need help! Why not ask the Preventers for help?"

"Soldiers deserve soldiers." The Preventers were men. That's why Wufei was getting soft. Just last week, he took Wufei's gun and kept it for target practice. The pilot never noticed until he returned it to him. He shook his head even so slightly. Peace and strength together? He pulled out another gun, then some knives, rope, and a black box. He carefully placed all these items except the guns in a black backpack.

"But.... but what are you going to do?"

Slowly he rose and turned to her. Glaring at her in defiance, "I'm gonna kill them all"

"Why?"

"Because" Because of you. Because you have become a symbol of hope. And symbols can't be killed.

Once upon a time, a soldier was suppose to kill a girl that knew too much. Yet he didn't and something happened to the girl as time went on. She was changing, like the many other people of war. However, she hadn't changed into a better person. She changed into something that people loved, looked up to, respected, and looked for guidance from. She became untouchable to everyone, in a sense. She became the people's hope. And who had the right to take away that? Hope was human's only keep-safe.

"That is NOT an answer"

"Hn" He walked up to her, raising a hand to her moist face. Wiping her tears away. "Goodbye" Drinking in her soft, wet features for a moment he dropped his hand. Stepping aside as the moment passed, he walked towards the door.

She fell to the floor in tears. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I'm not doing my job right. I thought that I could create a world where you didn't need to fight."

He didn't turn. He couldn't. He turned the doorknob. Don't cry. Don't. You need to be strong. People who rise above normal people need to be strong for those who are weaker. They must fight. Life is a battle. You never failed, because you are a subject of life and will never win. The only thing you can conquer is your heart.

"Why? Why must this organisation fight? Why must you give up your life?" she wailed as he closed the door.

**End of Flashback**

Life is a battle.

The heat from burning flames surrounded him. The air was hot, and filled with smoke making it hard to breathe. Warm, sticky blood dripped down his neck, dying his green shirt red. He tossed his empty guns to the side and pulled out the black box from his bag.

They must fight.... the soldiers. They're doing their job. They're obeying orders. Like me. Those who are wrong are the leaders. Though out history those who are remembered are leaders, ministers and presidents. Never do they say that it's the soldiers that make history.

He opened it.

I think I finally understand. I have no purpose, but to die. Death brings many meanings to life that soldiers will never know. However that is ok....

He pulled a yellow wire out and linked it with a blue one. The lights of the black box flickered on.

I have no place in this world, because....

**Click** He pressed firmly down on a red button.

I am only a soldier...






^A^ Must I say who the two people are? Nah. **Breaths** Well that's finished with. Not my best but a little present in any case. **Grins** Never look a gifted horse in the mouth!!! *tsk tsk* JK. ^_^ So I won't be seeing you guys for a bit. **sniffles** Thanks for reading, and please email at me at pixie_angel_girl@hotmail.com for comments or questions (but I probably won't be answering right away). See ya!! OOOOOOOOO, XXXXXXXXx and Cookies ~Pixie^A^