Somewhere

 

(A/N: Please note that this is NOT A.U., merely in the future.)

 

A.C. 1136

 

There's a place for us

Somewhere a place for us

Peace and quiet and open air

Wait for us somewhere

He held her close one last time, looking at her tears with interest.

"You knew it would only be for a little while." He said.

"I know."

"One day, you knew they would find us."

"I know."

There's a time for us

Someday a time for us

Time together with time to spare

Time to learn, time to care

She buried her face in his chest, rubbing away the sadness on her face, "Can't it last for a little longer? Can't we have five more minutes?"

He listened to the sounds of them beating against the wall, trying to figure out the lock on the door.

"We had five years, Relena," he told her, "Five years of moving around, changing names, changing identities. I had never guessed that the corruption of the ESUN had been so deeply rooted. I didn't know until the day they had sent out orders for your arrest."

"I'm so sorry about the others." She whispered, "If I'd known, I might have been able to protect them, hide them away with my resources-"

"They were Gundam pilots, Relena, they knew the risks."

"But...what's wrong with everyone? Why must they try and stamp out any reminder of war?!" she looked up at him, brushing the brown hair out of his eyes, "Heero, you've protected me so well, thank you so much. I know that if I hadn't hindered you, you could have eluded them forever-"

"But there wouldn't have been a point, Relena," he said fiercely, "I made this choice because...because..."

Someday, somewhere

We'll find a new way of living

We'll find a way of forgiving

Somewhere

 

He had never been able to say it, even if they had both understood mutually. But now they were looking upon the last moments of their lives, and there were only these final seconds before they were thrown into the vast unknown of death-

 

There's a place for us

A time and place for us

Hold my hand and we're half way there

Hold my hand and I'll take you there

"Relena, I love you-"

Somehow, someday

Somewhere

She kissed him for the first time, but briefly and quickly because there wasn't much time, "I know, Heero, I know. I love you too."

Somewhere

They broke in suddenly, and cocked their guns. Heero rose his own weapon, but Relena knocked it away.

"We're dead anyway," she said hurriedly, "Let's keep true to our beliefs until the end."

There's a place for us

A time and a place for us

Peace and quiet and open air

Hold my hand and I'll take you there

The sound of weapon's fire was loud in their ears, but they were only watching each other.

Relena and Heero's eyes were still upon each other, glassy and lifeless, as their corpses fell to the floor.

Somehow, someday

Somewhere

Elen woke up screaming,

It took her several moments to reacquaint herself with the tent, the desert, and the sounds of excitement outside.

One of her colleagues burst in cheerfully, not even aware of the fact that Elen was still huddled on her cot, rubbing away signs of sleep.

"Elen! Elen! Come quickly," he shouted, "I think we've found the remains of the legendary New Port City!"

Eagerly, she rose to greet the new day.