Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing, or the song "Once in a blue moon" That stuff belongs to their respective companies :Watches the author sob in a corner: Now on with the story

 

Love Song

 

Prince Heero looked around the ballroom and sighed. This ball was in honor of his 21st birthday and he was having a terrible time, even though it was his first ball. He looked out on the dance floor as a pained expression came across his face. All of his friends had found someone to care for and love. He had no one and his father was pushing him to get married.

 

~Flashback~

"Heero, you know it's time for you to be married" said King Yuy.

"Father, I want to be in love when I get married" said Heero.

"When I got married it was an arranged marriage and I learned to love your mother" said King Yuy.

"But what if I am not so lucky!" yelled Heero.

"I don't care! You will marry before you are 22" said King Yuy. He looked at Heero's saddened expression and couldn't help but feel sorry for his son.

"I'll make you a deal. If you can find love by the time of your friend Duo Maxwell's marriage in 3 months, I'll let you marry her. But if you do not, you will marry Princess Catherine" said King Yuy.

"Very well, Father"replied Heero.

 

~Flashback End~

That was 1 month ago. Heero was afraid he would never find the girl of his dreams, the girl we wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Heero looked up as his father walked towards him.

"Heero, we have a treat for you" said King Yuy as he led Heero up to the thrones.

"Songtress, come foreward" commanded King Yuy. Heero looked at the girl that came foreward and he held his breath. She had long, honey-blonde hair and aquamarine eyes. She was dressed in a gown of lavender silk. She was breathtaking. Heero could not believe that an angel from heaven was standing before him.

"What is your name?" asked King Yuy.

"Relena" replied the girl. Heero stared at the girl before him.

'Relena...What a beautiful name' thought Heero.

"Will you please sing for the Prince?"asked King Yuy.

"Of course, you majesty" said Relena as she was handed a lute.

(A.N: Lute-guitar, only smaller)

A few chords came out before Relena began to sing...

 

The room is empty
The lights are dim
And my hearts wonders
If I'll ever see you again
My tears are hungry

For an open door
When your arms held me
Never felt that way before
And I'll be waiting
And I'll be watching
Under a blue moon
A taste of heaven

Only happens
Once in a blue moon
Do you remeber
When the wind blew free
We fit together

So naturally
And I'll be waiting
And I'll be watching
Under a blue moon
A taste of heaven

Only happens
Once in a blue moon
If the wind closes a door
It can open another
And I'll be waiting
And I'll be watching

Under a blue moon
A taste of heaven
Only happens
Once in a blue moon
Once in a blue moon

 

As the last few chords faded away, Heero looked on the girl as she finished playing the lute. As the crowd began to mingle again, he walked up to Relena.

"Will you please dance with me?" asked Heero.

"I am not worthy, your highness" replied Relena.

"I think you are worthy enough" said Heero as he held out his hand to her. Relena looked down at the hand before her and put her hand in his. Heero led her out onto the dance floor. It felt so right havin her in his arms. Heero wished the dance could last forever. Suddenly, the castle was rocked with an explosion. Everyone was thrown to ground. Heero covered Relena with his body to make sure she wasn't hurt. Everyone looked up to see a young man with golden blonde hair and aquamarine eyes, dressed in a black shirt and pants with a hooded purple cape.

"Who are you?" asked Heero.

"I am Quatre, and I have come for my Relena" said Quatre.

"Over my dead body" said Heero.

"That can be arranged!" yelled Quatre. Quatre threw a bolt of lightening from his fingers and threw Heero against the wall.

"Heero!" cried Relena as she rushed to his side.

"Come with me Relena!" said Quatre.

"I'd rather die first!" said Relena. Quatre said some word and Relena passed out next to Heero. Quatre walked over to her and picked her up and climbed up onto his dragon's back.

"Take us to my castle" said Quatre. The dragon spread its great wings and left the castle.

"Soon, Relena, you will be mine and only mine" said Quatre as they flew away.

 

Back at the castle...

 

Heero groggily opened his eyes and snapped to life.

"Relena!" yelled Heero as he searched the ballroom frantically. He looked up and saw a dragon fly away with Quatre and Relena on its back.

"Relena. NNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" screamed Heero.

 

In a castle far away...

A girl with long, platinum blonde hair and ice blue eyes watched the scene in her crystal ball.

"Soon, Heero, you will be mine" said the girl.

 

 

Cliffhangar? Ahhh! Nooo! What will happen to Relena? Will Quatre take her away from Heero forever? Will Heero save Relena? And who is this girl watching them? All in the next chapter of Love Song! Please review! I won't continue without them!!!!!! Please! :Looks at readers with puppy dog eyes: