Switching Lives

 

Elena Carter looked out the window of her Park Avenue penthouse apartment and sighed deeply. She had everything a girl could want and yet, she was miserable inside. On the outside she put on a strong face, but inside she was hurting. Of course, being a famous supermodel wasn't the easiest thing in the world. Ever since she was little, her mom was pushing her from pageant to pageant, making sure her daughter succeed where she had failed. 'I wish I had a normal life' thought Elena.

"Miss Elena, we have to go. You have a photo shoot in a half and hour" said her secretary, Sally Po.

"Whatever" replied Elena as she walked to the door. Sally hurriedly followed her. Elena stepped outside the building and saw her limo driver, Wufei (I know, something must really be wrong with me.) waiting for her. As he saw her coming towards the car, he straighten up and opened the door for her and Sally. As soon as they were in the car, Wufei pulled out of the parking space and drove towards the photo studio. Elena looked out at the window as Sally told her about some party that she was supposed to attend later tonight.

"Miss Elena, are you listening to me? I said you have a party tonight that we have to shop for" said Sally.

"I'm listening, Sally" said Elena, but she knew it wasn't true. She just listened to Sally babble as she stared out the window of the car.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Relena Darlian stared out the window of her bedroom at the street below in the small town of Greenfield. After last night's party, which she had spent in the bathroom, she could never look in the face of Quatre Raberba Winner ever again. She had tried to ask him to go to the Fall Ball with her, but instead of even listening to her, he asked her to MOVE!! She had what little hopes of going to the Fall Ball with Quatre washed away with his question last night. She twisted her head to see her door being slammed open by her best friend Hilde and slammed just as noisly.

"Hey, girl what's up?" asked Hilde.

"Oh nothing much, just wallowing in the misery of defeat" replied Relena.

"Oh don't let the party last night get you down" said Hilde.

"Yeah right. I have as much a chance of going to the Fall Ball with Quatre as I have of going with Heero Yuy, the famous male supermodel" said Relena.

"Anyway, you couldn't go with him. 1: He has better things to do. 2: Iheard he's dating Elena Carter" said Hilde as she turned on the TV to show the program on the 2 models.

'I wish I had her life' thought Relena as she stared at the TV screen.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

At the same time Relena and her friend was watching the program about the 2 models, Elena was having a fit over the program.

"I can't believe it!!!! Where do they get this crap? I don't even like him. He is an self-centered, egotistical PRETTY BOY!!!!!" screamed Elena.

"Miss Elena, please calm down. You'll ruin your voice. At least your mother isn't here" said Sally.

"You're right. There's no use screaming about it. The damage is done" said Elena.

"C'mon Elena. It's time to finish the shoot" said the photographer, Trowa Barton.

"Alright" said Elena as Trowa's assistant, Catherine, helped get her ready for the next leg of the shoot.

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

Relena was tired. She had been working for 3 hours straight with her friends in her father's kitchen to help get the food ready for some big party in New York. Relena and her friends wanted to go home. Or maybe to the Point Cafe to perform. They were supposed to perform at the cafe tonight, but because of their jobs with Relena's father, they barely had time to rehearse, let alone perform. How were they goin to break it into the music business, if they didn't perform at all. Relena looked at her friends Hilde, Billy, Mac, Raul, Rianna and Luke as they sat down at a table, exhausted.

"I say we quit" said Hilde as she laid her head down on the table. A chorus of "yeahs" followed her statement.

"Well, you all can quit tomorrow, but tonight I need you" said Mr. Darlian. Everyone groaned and headed back into the kitchen.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Elena stepped out of the limo and placed a fake smile on her face and faced the flashing cameras. As she walked to the door, one of her fans stepped up to her.

"Could you please sign this?" asked the fan.

"Sally!" yelled Elena. Sally came running up behind her and put a stamp of Elena's name on the picture. And with that, she walked inside. Elena ignored the question asked by the nagging reporters and headed to the nearest food tray. Without warning, the person turned around and the tray hit Elena, spilling all the food on the floor.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, miss" said Relena.

Elena looked up at the girl and gasped.