Disclaimer: I own nothing except the fic

Switching Lives Part 2

 

"Are you okay" asked Relena.

"Yes, I'm okay" whispered Elena, still reeling in shock from seeing her face staring right back at her.

"What are you staring at?" asked Relena.

"Come with me" replied Elena and she grabbed Relena's hand and pulled her towards the bathroom.

"What are we doing in here?" asked Relena.

"Look in the mirror" replied Elena. Now it was Relena's turn to stare in shock.

"This cannot be happening" said Relena. Relena looked over at Elena and saw her own face staring back at her.

"Everyone at school will not believe that I could pass off myself as a look-alike for Elena Carter" said Relena.

"What's high school like?" asked Elena. Relena looked at her as if she was crazy. Elena pulled her over to some chairs and Relena started talking about school.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

15 minutes later:

"Anyway, study hall is such a bore. Oh my God, I must be completely boring you" said Relena.

"No. High school sounds so cool. Food fights in the cafeteria, catch a few zzz's in study hall, parties on the weekend. It sounds so awesome" said Elena.

"But don't you go to parties every day" said Relena.

"Social functions, Relena. Most of the people there are at least 20 years older than me" said Elena.

Elena looked over at the mirror again and got an idea.

"Relena, I have a brilliant beyond brilliant idea. Why don't we switch places?" said Elena.

"Are you crazy?" asked Relena.

"No, it's perfect. We look exactly alike. No one will know the difference. My mom and my younger sister is out of town for the next 2 weeks. Why don't we switch for a week? Your schedule won't be as hectic as it would usually be since my mom isn't there." said Elena.

"But I have practices with my band" said Relena.

"You're in a band?" asked Elena, amazed.

"Yes" replied Relena.

"Well, I'll call you with when the rehearsals are, so you can go to them" said Elena. "Oh, okay" said Relena. Elena squeeled and hugged Relena. After they were finished changing clothes, Relena was now dressed in a knee-length black skirt and a light pink tank top with black boots, her hair was now down and hanging down halfway down her back and Elena was in the gaudy uniform for Relena's work, Elena's hair was now up and in the chef's hat that completed the outfit.

"Now, I must be crazy" said Relena.

"Well, see you in a week" said Elena as she walked out the restroom door. Relena looked back at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath. 'This is it' Relena thought and she walked out the door.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The Next Morning:

Elena woke up in an unfamiliar room. She looked around the room and remembered what had happened yesterday. She looked Relena's closet and pulled out a pair of long black pants and a orange baby t-shirt. She put on the black leather shoes in the closet and pulled on a short grey fleece jacket. She pulled her hair up in a nice bun and grabbed the red backpack in the corner of the room. She walked downstairs to find Relena's mom and dad sitting at the table.

"Morning everyone" said Elena

"Good morning, Relena" said Mr. Darlian. Elena turned her head to the door as Hilde came bursting in.

"Hey 'Lena! We gotta get going for school" said Hilde.

"Okay, I'm coming!" said Elena as she grabbed her bag and headed out the door.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Relena woke up to find her bed enclosed with long lavender silk curtains. 'Oh wait, this isn't my room' she thought. She giggled when she remembered what had happened yesterday. Relena got out of bed and pulled on the light blue silk robe that was laying on a chair. She walked out of the room to see Sally sitting on the couch.

"Good, you're up. You have to get dressed because we have to go shopping for some new clothes for some parties coming up next week."

"Okay. Give me 15 minutes" said Relena as she walked back into "her" room and went immeadiately to the closet. She pulled out a light blue skirt with a prussian blue, knee-length skirt with knee-high white boots. She grabbed a white leather jacket a put it on. She brushed her hair and put a blue and white clip on each side to hold back any hair that would get in her eyes. She went over to the cordeless phone on her dresser and dialed Hilde's cell phone.

"Hello" said Hilde.

"Hilde, It's 'Lena" said Relena.

"Okay, who is this?" said Hilde.

"What do you mean?" asked Relena.

"You're not my best friend Relena" replied Hilde.

"Yeah right. Ask me something only Relena alone would know" said Relena.

"Okay. What movie would I never openly admit in public that I love?" asked Hilde.

"Titanic" replied Relena with a smirk on her face.

"Okay, I'm convinced. Where are you?" asked Hilde.

"I can't tell you. Could you and the others meet me uptown at Marie's" replied Relena.

"Sure. But what about the girl that's pretending to be you?" asked Hilde.

"Bring her with you and we'll explain everything" said Relena

"Okay. Bye" said Hilde.

"Bye" said Relena.