Switching Lives Part 6

 

 

Elena looked at herself in the mirror in her room. She was dressed in a long, white dress and her hair was down. She was going to the Fall Ball. She needed to tell Quatre the truth. Sally walked into her room and noticed what Elena was doing.

"Where do you think you're going?" asked Sally.

"Going to Greenfield High" replied Elena.

"What's there?" asked Sally.

"A part of Elena Carter I never knew I had and a great guy who deserves to know the truth" said

Elena as she walked out the door.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Relena looked at herself in the mirror in her room. She was dressed in a long, red dress and her hair was pulled up as usual. Despite not having a date, she wanted to go. She always had her friends. She walked downstairs and out teh door to the car where her friends were waiting for her.

"Party Time!" yelled Duo and Hilde, who were an official couple now. Relena laughed and slipped in beside Luke and they were off to the dance.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Elena looked around the room in amazement. 'This beats any party in Paris' she thought. She was on the other side of the room, so she didn't see Relena come in with her friends. All the guys were staring at Relena. The dean walked up to the stage and nbegan speaking.

"Alright everyone! It's time to announce the king and queen" as he ripped open the envelope.

"The winners are Quatre Winner and Dorothy Catalonia" said the dean. Quatre and Dorothy walked up on the stage and recieved their crowns. Then they walked down and began their king and quuen dance. Elena couldn't satnd seeing them together any longer and started walking towards them. At the same time, Relena saw Heero standing in the doorway and began making her ways towards him. And that's when they bumped into each other.

"Relena!" exclaimed Elena.

"Elena!" exclaimed Relena.

"What are you doing here?" asked Relena.

"I came to find Quatre. You?" said Elena

"To be at the dance. And then I saw Heero" said Relena.

"Heero Yuy, here?" said Elena. Elena turned to see Heero walking towards them.

"I saw the tape, Relena" said Heero.

"Wait a minute. If 1 of you is Relena, then you are?" said Quatre. Elena pulled the clip out of her hair and began to speak.

"Hi everyone. I'm Elena Carter. And for the past week, we switched places" said Elena.

"I went out with Elena Carter. Man, I went out Elena Carter!" said Quatre.

"We lied to you, to everyone" said Elena.

"If you never want to forgive us, we understand" said Relena. Relena walked up to Heero and said

"I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. But I guess you have a lot of better things to do than to hang around Greenfield. Bye" whispered Relena as she turned around walked away.

"Wait Relena" said Heero. Relena turned around.

"Can I ask you something?" he said. She nodded.

"Would you please...dance with me?" Heero asked. Relena looked up and smiled as the music started again. Elena watched happily for her friend. Quatre began to move towards her and he offered her his arm. She accepted and he pulled onto the dance floor. Relena and Elena looked at each other and smiled. They both had found what they were looking for.