CHAPTER IV- In which Relena gets worried and Heero gets suffocated.

Relena slapped Heero across the face desperately, "Come on, Heero! Wake up!"

After two minutes of leaning over and beating him, she pushed herself back up on her heels and glared at him.

"Typical. You fall out of a Gundam headfirst and survive, but one little bang to the head has you completely unconscious!"

Relena quelled her urge to go into a full-blown panic attack. She was a diplomat. She was a princess. She could handle this.

She got up and kicked him hard on the side, "You stupid idiot!"

"Relena? Is something wrong?" A voice asked sleepily, muffled by the wall separating them. Our heroine's eyes widened nervously.

"No! Sorry, Sylvia, I was just talking to myself!"

"Good night!"

"Yeah!"

She felt just about ready to spit fire. (A/N: The mental image of Godzilla-Relena storming through the house shooting flames does sound appealing to this wicked writer…)

Relena sucked in a deep breath and bent down again. Heero did mention that Duo was with him. He probably had a walkie-talkie or transmitter in him…She fumbled around with the pouches on his belt, blushing furiously. Damn Sylvia for bringing up a 'certain subject!'

Aha! A walkie-talkie! Relena looked up and clicked the dial on her bedside lamp a notch higher to help her look at that device. Now, if her memory served her, one turned that knob and flicked that switch…

The crackle of an active radio sent waves of relief washing through her.

"Hello? Duo? Anyone? Is anyone there?" she said sending her words over the radio instead of speaking directly into it as one was supposed to.

Static.

"Duo? Can you receive? This is Relena! It's an emergency!"

Then Relena remembered something. Heero was a trained soldier through and through. He knew that a half-insensible person with a few cracked ribs could still fire a gun or knife you from behind. Heero had probably made sure that Duo was completely unconscious- and would stay that way for a long time.

Several profane words came to mind at this moment.

She looked down at Heero, who was laying down corpse-like. But things got worse, because of his position and the angle of his head, Heero had begun to snore.

Now, Relena may have known about walkie-talkies, but she had had absolutely no experience when it came to snoring. Her foster-father never had a problem with snoring, and if he did, he was gone so often on peace talks and meetings and such that she never really had the opportunity to find out.

So, instead of flipping him on his side as she should have done, she snatched a pillow off of her bed and put it over his mouth. Hey, he could breathe through his nose, right?

"Agh! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" she muttered, trying to keep her voice low, "I'm stuck in a stupid house with stupid people and a stupid idiot can't even keep conscious and I'm going to be in deep shit and-"

There was a muffled oath and a hand came out and pushed her away.

Relena's eyes widened. Heero had pulled the pillow off of his face and was gasping for air. Was it the light, or was he really purple?

"What in hell were you doing?" he gasped, his voice only low because he was currently hyperventilating.

"Keep your voice down!" she whispered harshly, "I was trying to wake you up and then you started snoring and-"

He pressed his hand to his side, "What happened?!"

Relena was suddenly reminded of all those times when Heero had threatened to kill her. She smiled hesitantly. If he couldn't do it then, then he couldn't do it now, right?

Yes, she remarked to herself, his face really was purple. Oh well, it would probably be an inventive and colorful death…which sounded much more interesting than dying peacefully in her sleep at the age of eighty-something.

"You. Nearly. Suffocated. Me." He stated coldly.

Suddenly, slipping away silently at an old age seemed a great deal more appealing.

"You almost got me into loads of trouble. Why were you snoring?"

"I don't snore." He was moving towards her slowly, and Relena was baking away unconsciously.

"Yes you do. Like a saw on wood-oof!" She had crashed into the bed and fallen down.

He pinned her down, "I don’t snore!"

"Oh, yes you do!" his grip on her wrists tightened.

"Wrong answer."

He began tickling her mercilessly, and Relena had to hold her breath so not to laugh out loud.

After about a minute of the intense torture she finally whispered, "Mercy."

Heero continued his assault, "I don't snore!"

"Fine! Fine! You don't snore!" she gasped, trying very hard not to collapse into a fit of giggles.

His weight was lifted up off of her and she sat up, exhausted. Her face was red from containing her mirth, but it only darkened when she noticed her rumpled clothes, her messed up bed, and her very male companion.

"Um, Heero…maybe you should go now."

He glared at her, "Duo and I will keep an I out for you."

She held up a graceful hand, "There's no need, Heero. I'm sure the Noventas have very good security. I've already withdrawn my request for protection from the Preventers. Trowa isn't here, or Wufei. Duo wouldn't want to be here until you baited him. What's wrong with you?"

He looked slightly…confused, "Are you saying you don't want my protection?"

She blushed, "Well, I'm just worried about Sylvia that girl has it really bad for you. If she finds out…"

Heero shook his head. "She won't."

"Heero…"

He picked up her teddy bear from a near bag and tossed it to her, "Get some sleep."

He walked to the balcony, and Relena followed him to the door. Looking at her carefully, he closed the door and confronted the chilly summer air. He was just about to go over the rail when her heard a desperate pounding on the glass. He looked up and Relena smiled at him. Making sure she had his full attention she mouthed the words, "You really do snore" and then whisked the curtains shut.

Heero was indignant. Relena was vengefully gleeful.

And Sylvia snuggled up in bed. If she had witnessed what had taken place, she most likely would have been fuming.

 

A/N: Hehehe…I liked that one. I'd just like to thank everyone for all their encouragement and comments. I LOVE advice. This one took a while because I really wanted Heero to be a lamppost (thanks to everyone who recommended that one!) but it just wouldn't work out.

GODZILLA-RELENA: Hurry up with the next chapter or I'll burn you!

MOONKITTY: Gomen! Don’t smash building, Godzilla-Relena, that's mean.

GODZILLA-RELENA: I'm mad!

MOONKITTY: Help!