CHAPTER V- In which Ape-Woman and the Twig make an appearance, and Heero is given the title of 'Peeping Tom!'

A/N: This chapter is not very long because it is not supposed to be long. The next one will be very long, though.Okay, Moonkitty has decided to clear some things up before proceeding.

  1. I'm not trying to portray Sylvia as stupid or evil, just with a VERY intense crush on Heero Yuy.
  2. The chapter titles are a little strange, I know, but originally when chapters were created (at the dawn of time, of course), they were used as a summary of the events that would happen in the story. I just decided that, for this fic, it would be fun to do the same. Also, when you are looking for a particular part of the story, doesn't it make it easier to find it?
  3. And yes, there will be some Duo/Hilde moments and what happened between them will soon be explained!!!
  4. And to Sagittarius Girl (a.ka. Sagit!!!:P): Weird nicknames kick a$$!.

And to Ayanami-Chan (Aya-chan…heheheh): Godzilla-Relena is after you! j/k!!!!

Moonkitty ::bows:: Arigatou-gozimasu for reading!

Moonkitty: Okay, now you're getting embarrassing!

Godzilla-Relena: Yummy people!

Godzilla-Relena: Me smash! Me make human sandwiches!

Moonkitty: ::Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh:: Thanks to everyone who has been reading, by the way.

Godzilla-Relena: Now she finally gets to it!

Moonkitty: And anyone willing to capture Godzilla-Relena dead or alive is welcome to…I just wonder where you'll get a big enough net. I suggest you distract her with a Heero plushie (ne, Aya-chan?).

Godzilla-Relena: GUHWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!!!

Moonkitty: I'm just a moonkitty. I can't deal with a three hundred foot colossus.

 

"You can never succeed. Give in or this is the end for you."

"You will never take me alive!"

"I'll make you live with your failure. You're in over your head."

Hilde stood up and slammed her cards on her table, "Straight!"

Hilde's friend put down her own hand and cackled, "Four of a kind. You have to do the midnight rounds, my friend."

"You cheated!" she hissed.

"Maybe, but where's your proof?" Hilde's companion said dangerously, her cold blue eyes glinting dangerously in the warm light that reflected off of her honey-blond hair.

Hilde's hair, which was cut efficiently into a short hairstyle, gleamed blue black. It was raven's hair surrounding cunning face. If it was to come to a physical match, the blond, with her more muscular build would easily beat Hilde's slim and delicate figure.

"Sally, I really want to hurt you right now." Hilde got up and pulled out her torch in an intimidating way.

"Go ahead and try it, Twig!" Sally kicked back her chair.

"What is all the commotion here?" The two bodyguards turned slowly to face their doom that went by the name of Boris Noventa in a heavy silk robe and armed with a formidable baseball bat, "Is something wrong?"

Sally smiled nervously, "Hey, boss!"

Hilde chewed her lip in silent dread.

"What is going on here?" Mr. Noventa growled, the sound beginning softly from somewhere deep in his formidable girth and exploding forth through his lips like a bear's growl.

"Uh, poker, boss," Sally said calmly.

Hilde crossed her arms, "But Sally cheated."

At this, the blond woman turned on her fellow conspirator, "You probably did too! You never asked for any other cards! I'dsay that straight of yours came straight from her uniform sleeve!"

"Go become a house wife for Wufei and leave me be, you hypocrite!" Hilde threatened menacingly.

"Oh, someone's being a sore loser because she doesn't have anyone to go back to!" Sally snapped just as cruelly.

"You're jealous because I don't have to depend on anyone to be happy!"

"I didn't say you were happy!"

Boris Noventa had had plenty of experience with women. His daughter and wife were prime examples. Sighing, he turned on a slippered heel and left his protectors to their own devices.

But as those two women (who were normally very good at their job even though it was a boring one) were fighting amongst themselves, nocturnal visitors were scurrying across the grounds. One, by the name of Heero Yuy, was leaving for base camp.

The other one was sporting a braid and a rougish grin as he hunted down one special person who was currently in a headlock under the strong grip of Sally Po.

Hilde Shiebecker and Sally Po were going at it one on one, and it was very hard to tell who was winning.

 

 

"He thinks he can knock the God of Death in oblivion, huh? Thinks he's Mister Mighty Fist, huh?" Duo was muttering to himself as he darted from the bushes to a small wall,, then behind the trellis, as he neared in on his true love's location.

A listening device was in his ear as he listened to his black angel's sweet and melodious voice saying:

"Take that, you bitch!"

He wondered if perhaps the frequency had been hijacked by the A.C. 197 version of 'Jerry Springer.'

"I'll beat you until you can't see straight!"

Was that Wufei's girl, Sally's, voice?

"Who's the twig now, ape-woman?"

"APE-WOMAN?!"

Cover or no cover, someone was beating up HIS girl and NO ONE did that to the God of Death's one true counterpart!

With the blind obtrusiveness that was an integral part of his character, Duo plunged through the first level window where the sounds of fighting were the strongest.

There was no doubt about it. His Hilde and Sally where going at it one on one, scuffling about on the floor like dogs. Tsk-tsking maturely, Duo walked forward and yanked both women up by their collars (forgetting conveniently that he had fought twice that day).

However, the yanking procedure jarred Hilde badly, and an assortment of cards flew out of her sleeves.

Sally's eyes were wide with fury, "You were cheating!"

"Will you both calm down?!"

It was only then that both women looked up at their captor, the blazing blue eyes, the wild brown hair…the priest's collar…

"DUO?!"

He couldn't hide a smug grin, "The God of Death himself."

Hilde and Sally exchanged looks.

"You bastard! How dare you break up an honest fight?!"

"What do you think you're doing here! We're hiding out for a reason!"

And suddenly, for the third time that day, Duo was at the wrong end of a fist.

He suddenly wondered where all his luck had gone.

 

 

Heero crouched on a tree branch, cat-like, watching the window of his mission. She was moving about in her room, making final preparations for bed, brushing her hair, turning down the sheets, changing into her nightgown…

The last of which he had missed while climbing down the wall, and man, did he regret it. Relena switched off the lights in her room and got into bed. Heero fantasized about how that soft (if loud) bed would feel smooth and delicious, and about how he would be warmed by the heat of Relena snuggled against his chest. Her long, beautiful hair would tickle his nose, and she would sigh softly as she gave herself up to sleep.

He was so absorbed in his daydream that he did not notice the lights in the bathroom go on until he turned. The young, curvaceous Sylvia Noventa was walking towards the sink, yawning widely. She leaned over in her short nightgown and washed her face.

He quickly jerked his head away, mindful of maidenly modesty.

The mirror, which was parallel to the large bay window in front of the bath, picked up this movement easily, and Sylvia, in turn, saw it as she dried her face on a hand towel. She only saw the outline of a man on a tree, but it was enough. Sylvia Noventa began screaming as the shadow slipped out of the tree and into the cover of night.

A/N: Don't worry Iris and everyone else, I still have plans for this window…Next, on 'The Ward' Relena and Sylvia begin to explore the gardens…and just what happened to out bruised and bloodied Duo?

Oh, and one last thing, my email likes to go only cleaning sprees (well, actually my computer tells me it will start cleaning if I don't empty my mailbox, so I get rid of my review alerts to conserve what little space I get). If you left your email on a review, it probably got deleted. If you wanted to ask me something privately or say something else, you'll have to email me directly. Gomen ne!