CHAPTER XI- In which there is a very short mini opera

 

 

 

That was when the door burst open, and the orange hallway light beamed in like a limelight on the couple as three shapes came into view.

"Heero Yuy," the leader of the trio sang in a strong bass, "Heero Yuy!!!!

Boris Noventa was a very angry man. Heero and Relena broke apart, eyeing each other and the vicious creature that stood before them.

"Heero Yuy, you man of no honor,

What have you done to my adopted daughter?!"

"He's defiled her!" Sylvia and her mother sang, "He's defiled her!"

Heero looked to Relena in confusion, "Why is he singing?"

Relena shoved him aside and threw herself onto her knees at Boris Noventa's feet. Her voice, a warm second soprano, filled the room.

"Oh please, I pray you, spare his life!

I love him, I love him, and bear him no strife!

I have abided by all your ruuuuuuuules.

Now, I must take as stand,

For I know that Heero will ask for my haaaaand

"He's defiled her!" Sylvia and her mother sang, "He's defiled her!"

"I did not defile her! Stop singing!!!"

Boris Noventa straightened his jacket and pulled out a gun.

"Heero Yuy, I'm telling you,

Run away from this house

Like a foolish mouse

And never retuuuuuurn!"

Heero smirked, "Or?"

"I shall shoot you

And your body will buuuuurn!"

Relena got up and threw herself in front of Heero.

"STOP! Man! You narrow minded prick

I hate to command you

But you're making me siiiiick."

Music began swelling in the background. Relena swayed slightly as she sang,

"Heero was just a boy when I saw him

He pulled a gun to my head

And wished me dead

But that's changed.

"His loooooove for me

Is eternal.

And I know that he will always be.

By my side

Relena's eyes turned cold as she moved to the trio standing at the entrance of the room.

"But you three..

We are so different, I can't understand

Our relationship is getting out of haaaaaand!!!"

Mrs. Noventa lifted and eyebrow, "How?"

Relena lifted her face upward.

"I'd like to begin with the state of the meals.

You do not serve anything healthy

I can't believe that this is the state of the wealthy

The nutrition in your meals is so very poor

You are all a bunch of CARNIVOREEEEES!!!!!

I have spent these past few days in starvation

The thought of a salad is pure elation!"

Sylvia stepped forward,

"You never complained to any of us!"

Relena sighed and replied,

"My dear friend, who could I trust?

Should I trust you three,

Who would call my friends enemies?

I think noooooooot!

I think noooooooooot!

She turned to her adopted father and mother.

"Sylvia is in love with the man you hate!

He's in love with me and that is all it takes!

Syvliaaaaaa, I love you dearly,

But why can't you see things clearly?

What you feel is merely a crush.

You don't know him,

He doesn't know you,

I can't see what's the big hubbaloo

My sister in heart, I'm sorry my dear,

But I can not renounce my loooooooooove!

Relena looked over to Heero and smiled.

"Wake up, Heero."

Heero looked over at the singing characters and shook his head to free him of the operatic music.

"Wake up.wake.

 

 

".up, Heero. Wake up." Heero opened his eyes and found that it was Duo's annoying face looking down on him instead of Relena.

"You." Heero growled, shoving him away, "What did you do? What happened?"

Duo shrugged, "You're the one who crawled back here tonight. What happened with Relena, huh? Did youyou know," Duo waggled his eyebrows.

Heero frowned and sat up and the memories came flooding back.

"I was discovered."

His thoughts were thrown violently back to that moment only a few hours ago.

 

 

The orange hallway light beamed in like a limelight on Heero and Relena as three shapes came into view.

"Heero Yuy," the leader of the trio growled, "How dare you trespass into my house to dishonor the girl I have adopted as my own?!"

Boris Noventa was a very angry man. Heero and Relena broke apart, eyeing each other and the vicious man that stood before them.

However, Relena's eyes wandered also to Sylvia, who was crying openly from betrayal, resentment, and jealousy.

"I can explain-" Relena said carefully, edging in front of Heero.

Boris Noventa shook his head violently, "This man KILLED my father! I cannot forgive such-"

Anastasia Noventa was nodding her head. Sylvia was bawling.

Heero's face contorted with rage. His blue eyes blazed, his dark hair stood on end. Relena anticipated his moving forward and held back a hand to warn him.

"Heero, this is my fight." She said in a low, angry tone. She then turned to the family standing before her, "To tell you the truth, I thought that this family was a joke. It was a petty ploy from my enemies in congress to draw back support amongst the public. I didn't have any interest in your family, your opinions, and most definitely not your choice in food. However, that opinion is changing. I have begun to regard you at least as friends, and I believed that we had a code of mutual respect. I am not your daughter, adopted or biological, but I thought I was a friend.

"This man," She gestured to Heero, "Saved the world twice. Yes, he made some mistakes along the way, but he learned from them. Your close-minded attitude hurts me."

Finally, she turned to Sylvia, "And you, my good friend, I'm sorry if I hurt you. This was all a big misunderstanding. If Heero chooses you over me, then I would do m best to understand. I can only tell you that I do love him, and whether he returns my feelings or not, that will never change. I do not believe my kissing him is a scandal or needs to be a secret." She swallowed and looked at each of them, "Do we have an agreement? Let's talk this out, not bicker."

Boris and Anastasia nodded. Sylvia stormed out.

 

Heero ran a hand through his hair.

Duo grinned, grasping his knees as he listened avidly to the recitation, "So, did you and her, you know.after the talk?"

He shook his head. "They agreed to let me plan scheduled visits and add more healthy food to the menu-"

"And after?"

"I left."

Duo frowned, "You left?"

"She said the word."

"What word?"

"'Love.'"

Duo blew out his breath, "Man, that's heavy."

Heero nodded absently, "Especially with the bet going on."

"Yeah, I guess I'm going to win this time."

 

 

Relena rolled her shoulders as she walked down the hall to her bedroom. She sighed and cracked her neck, well pleased with results of the "family discussion."

It was at that time that she was intercepted.

A dark haired security guard caught her arm, breathing heavily with fatigue, "Relena!"

"Hilde?"

The girl nodded and wiped perspiration from her brow, "Relena, I have to talk to you about Heero."

Relena nodded in confusion and opened the door for her friend to enter, "What's wrong?"

Hilde only spoke after they had both settled on Relena's bed, "Heero and Duo made a bet about us. I think it's important you know about it."

Relena's intrigued expression signaled Hilde to continue.

 

 

A/N: Next Chapter: Heero and Duo get drunk andwhat's this? Wufei reciting love poems? Tune in next chapter for more!!!