^A^Hey hey ppl!! I'm back on WOAD again! **cheering** ^_^ Ok, this chapters announcements are... 1) OOC - I've received a comment on some characters being OOC. I like to keep characters IN character as much as possible in this series. Yet that doesn't mean they'll be perfect, as I am also not perfect. So please accept this as your warning: some of the characters will probably be a little OOC, especially Milliardo, as I play with his character alot. *Grins* 2) Flames - Yes, flames. I asked for no flames, BUT if you have to say something that just annoyes you like mad, email me personally. That way, at least I can defend myself and perhaps we can become friends over the issue. Lastly 3) Format - Yes, I know my format is NOT the best, but I'm improving it. Wanna know why it sucked? I DO have my reasons, so email me, and I'll tell you the reasons. Everyone has reasons that explain why they do certain things. I have some, and it's NOT because I'm lazy or a "crappy" writer.

            Thank you for your patience everyone. I'm sorry I had to drag you all through that, but it can take only one person to ruin the joy of both readers and writers, as some people's comments towards ME really hurt. THANKIE! **hugs everyone**^A^

Standard Disclaimers apply: All the characters in this story belongs to Sun Rise and other companies (not including Mark who is MINE). I do not own Gundam Wing in any way, but this story does, so DON'T COPY. That's plagiarism and illegal. I also do not own the song "How did I fall in Love with You" by the Backstreet Boys. This story is plainly for the reader's enjoyment.

Notes
(           ) - means my thoughts or comments
*          * - means a subconsious level of thinking (more emotional)
words in italics - mean a conscious level of thinking (more logical)


Wings of a Dove

Chapter Ten: Everyone, everything dies....
By Pixie^A^
Rated: PG-13



            Relena smiled as she walked without problems now, the exercises really worked. Tired she sat down near the artificial waterfall and a soft breeze cooled her down. She heard a sound and saw that Mark had also sat down nearby.

            "BetterÖ." Relena lifted an eyebrow. Mark was a mystery at times. There was something about him like as if he was her sub-consciousÖ the good side of her. He was so simple, yet in a complex world he might seem to be the odd and complex one.

            "SoÖ if we get out of this what are you going to do?" a voice interrupted her thoughts. Relena turned her head to him, he currently was lying on his back in an eagle spread.

            "WellÖ I'm not sure. I'll like to get rid of these wings."

            "Uh-huh"

            "And just continue my work..."

            Mark nodded sleepily "I have always wanted to ask this questionÖ to any politician. I suppose that you will provide the best answer. What is your work?" He did it again - said something that didn't seem to make much sense.

            "That's your big question?" He nodded. "WellÖ ok. I work to help all people, environmental issues, border arguments, tradeÖ"

            "How do you do this?" Mark opened an eye to see a confused face. "I'm sorry I interrupted you and made you lose thoughtÖ but how do you do your *work*? You, as a politicianÖ. Are meant to represent the people. But do you know the people you represent? The politicians I know sit at desks working with paperÖ not people. Sure they visit, smile, wave, and talk really prettyÖ. but they don't know the people. They say they know their country best but how can they? When they are at the desk 24/7 and not out there working... living." Relena was silent, she felt stung. He was right he had hit her pride. She thought she was better than mostÖ but that wasn't really true.

            "Some of us CAN'T live though! Being a politician is a 24/7 job! There is a lot of work!!"

            "Really? 24/7? So when are you human? A compassionate, caring human? I haven't known one politician that was loving, no one expects any politician to be perfect, to finish all the work. Everyone expects a politician to trip some time trying to balance both personal and public life, but if you're a good *person* the people will forget the mistakes you make as a politician. It's all about how much you tried to do. At least that's how I see it."

            Relena looked up trying to keep her tears down. "How do you do it?" Mark turned to her, "Huh?"

            "How can you make me feel this way? I've faced hundreds of politicians and people. No body has ever made me feel like this. This way."

            "Because what I say might not always make much senseÖ. but that's because it's from the heart. The heart doesn't always make sense." Relena closed her eyes allowing two tears to slide down her cheek.

            "From the heartÖ.. that doesn't always makes sense" Relena opened her eyes, suddenly life seemed simpler. She threw a look towards Mark, "If we make it out of this, I'm hiring you"

            Mark laughed, "When we get out of this, I'll hire *you*" Relena laughed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

            "Cruiser in sightÖ. Let's go get her" Noin stated pointing to the small dot ahead. Everyone nodded except... "TurnÖ. What? Turn point? Turn clock? Turn detour? MMmÖ. Detour? NoÖ. Turn--"

            "Shut up Duo" Milliardo snapped. As pretty as a parrot, Duo stuck his tongue out at him. "Let's GO" Dorothy ordered, who was practically jumping around impatiently.

            The group of warriors headed to the Suit Room and jumped into their suits. Noin and Milliardo, not having suits and being "pacifists", watched as the 9 mobile suits fired up and walk over to the hatch. Slowly the hatched opened and the suits disappeared.

            "Good luck" whispered Noin. Suddenly she grinned, how stupid of her, they really didn't need itÖ

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            "Everyone take your positions" Dorothy barked.

            "Who put you in charge onna?"

            Dorothy rolled her eyes. "WufeiÖ. this is about Relena, who cares who's in control! Everyone knows the plan, so lets go girls!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

            BOOM!!!

            A sudden blast surprised the crew upon Cruiser 5, knocking most off balance. "What was that?" the captain barked out on his hands and knees.

            "Not certain SirÖ. It seems that we have just received a blast on the left hanger. Cause unkn--" Screams drowned the soldier's voice.

            "It's the Obertians!!!!!" The captained blanched.

            "What are you doing just standing around?!!!! Do something!!!! Attack! Attack!! Attack with all we got!!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            "I think we got their attention Night WingÖ" the Frost Bite pilot said icily a few kilometres away.

            "Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!" a sing song voice said. Cathy had a gleam in her eyes and she readied her blades, pulling them out from her suit and making arches of light with them. Death Blade was ready and so where the others. A faint gray cloud formed in front of them from a ship heading their way.

            It was time to fight back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            "They got themÖ." Quatre stated. "Let's go save Jousan!" Duo whooped as the four gundams sped ahead to Cruiser.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            (Note: Sorry ppl, had to put in this note - when reading this think that everything is going in slow motionÖ. Like those special effects in movies. Thanks!)

            A lone gundam fought although the odds were against him, but he was special. He didn't know it but the Gods had blessed him.

Remember when we never needed each other,
The best of friends,
Like sister and brother,
We understood, we never be,
Alone.

            Friends? *YesÖ.* Suddenly images flashed in the pilot's head.

            Relena calling help for him at the beachÖ protecting him from DuoÖ calling out his name as he fell from the hospitalÖ inviting him to the danceÖ her smiling at him after he sheltered her. A part of Heero sighed. Her smile. He could depend on her, and did in some ways. He expected her to always be there, as he would be.

Those days are gone,
Now I want you so much
The night is long,
I need your touch
Don't know what to say
Never meant to feel this way.
Don't want to be alone tonight.


What can I do,
To make you mine
Fallen so hard
So fast this time
What did I say
What did you do
How did I fall in love with you

            "Hold on RelenaÖ.." he threatened the air that surrounded him. The story wouldn't end here, it couldn't. Surely that gods weren't that cruel, but why her? She was innocent of all evil. Heero then realised something... he was going against his previous belief that life was cheap. He was going to fight for this one, this life, even if he had to do battle with the Gods themselves.

I hear your voice
And I start to tremble
Brings back the child
That I resemble
I can not pretend.
That we can still be friends
Don't want to be alone tonight

            "I'm sorry" he whispered as he killed another Capria, he had broken his promise to not kill - he was being the monster that she had tried so hard to dissolve.

What can I do,
To make you mine
Fallen so hard
So fast this time
What did I say
What did you do
How did I fall in love with you

            Will she be able forgive him? *Of course* a soft tugging pulled at his cheekÖ a ghost-like smile formed on his lips. He would save her he would confess that heÖ cared... too much for his or anyone's own good.

I want to say this right
And it has to be tonight
Just need you to know
I don't want live this life
I don't want to say goodbye
With you I want spend the rest of my life

What can I do,
To make you mine
Fallen so hard
So fast this time
What did I say
What did you do
How did I fall in love with you

            He silently pushed down these emotions and vows allowing the mask cover his face. He couldn't change it was a part of him, a part that he couldn't get rid of. Of course she had seen through the mask, and for her he would try to pull it off.

Everything's changed
We never knew
How did I fall in love with you

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

            "That was too easy" Wufei complained as he hopped out of Shenlong landing easily on the ground of the cruiser's Suit Room, after blasting open the hatch. Everyone looked at him as if he was crazy.

            "Wufei-man! Are you actually complaining?" Duo gasped. Quatre made a "Shhh!" noise as he pointed over to Trowa. Trowa had found the door out to the hallway. He nodded to everyone and slipped out of the door. Quatre followed and eventually Duo then Wufei.

            "ManÖ shouldn't Heero be doing this? He should be saving his own girlÖ.." Duo complained, jogging down the hallway. "To the control room" Trowa muttered as they started into a run.

            BANG!!!

            The four gundam pilots burst into the control room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

            "Where's Relena?!!" Quatre demanded. "Huh?"

            "BakaÖ we're talking about Relena Peacecraft, who else?!" Wufei shouted at the captain who was shaking.

            "MmmÖ. You mean Shadow's girl?"

            "YES!"

            "We left her at the base" the four gundam pilots dropped their jaws.

            "WHAT!!!"

            Suddenly Duo smacked his head, "Did you call her Shadow's girl?" The captain nodded, Duo turned abruptly and pushed the man at the control panel away.

            "What are you doing Maxwell?!"

            "WaitÖ." Duo's fingers clicked back and forth until... a map of the cruiser's path appeared.

            "What kind of joke is this, Maxwell?" Duo didn't answer back, instead he scanned the path. Suddenly a bright grin crossed his face.

            "TURN DIVERSION!" Duo shouted, clapping his hands together. Trowa tilted his head, Wufei made a face, while Quatre raised a brow. "They stopped and turnedÖ. as a diversion! Just like Peach Town and the explosion!" It finally clicked.

            Quatre nodded showing he understood, "So Heero is heading there", indicating to the 'pit stop' on the map. "Let's go and catch up with Heero. He's a bit ahead." Trowa nodded and the group left leaving a dazed crew.

            The captain stood there amazed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

            "Well since we probably won't work for each other, how about a promise instead?" Relena looked up at Mark suspiciously. The promises she received now where very one-sided, and were usually broken.

            "First tell me about it before I say anything."

            "Okay, we promise to see and talk at least once a year. It would be nice I think. Also if there is any trouble we will try to help each other. Friends forever, I guess." Relena nodded, It *wasn't* one-sided and it *would* be nice.

            "That's fine with me."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            "Noin? Milliardo?"

            "Yes?"

            "Call the Preventers to take this ship."

            "Huh?"

            Wufei frowned slightly over the mic. "Relena isn't here, she's at the pit stop. That's where Heero is, that's where we're going. You guys stay here and wait for them."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            "Pit STOP?!!" Milliardo sputtered turning a furious red.

            "Remember how the cruiser stopped yesterday morning around 5?" a dull collective voice asked. Trowa. "She's there it was all a diversion. We're changing courses, we'll get the girls and go. You need to stay here to watch the ship. Don't worry, they won't be going anywhere. I cut off their engine power." A small grin shimmered across Trowa's lips.

            "I will NOT stay here while Heero--" Noin cut him off but covering his mouth with her hand.

            "Shhh--. Once we're done here, we'll catch up with you Trowa."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            Sally breathed deeply inÖ done. Nothing big, but still no matter what type of battle it was, it was still work. She was slightly out of breath when she heard Wufei's voice, "Come on Onna!"

            Sally turned her head, "WHAT?!"

            "Relena's not here."

            "WHHHATTTTT!!!" the girls chorused.

            Wufei frowned as he was forced to say more than 3 words. "Turn diversion. That's what Heero said, Duo FINALLY remembered. We're going to have to retrace the cruiser's path, that's where Heero probably went, and that's where Relena probably is."

            "Can you drop the 'probably'" Sally complained. This better not be another diversion.

            "Enough talk!" Wufei shouted. He turned and blasted away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            "Mark? Something wrong?" Relena asked noticing his position was stiffening. They had been joking around when the friendly air around Mark changed.

            "I thought I heard somethingÖ" he answered quietly, his blue eyes large and sharp as they darted left and right, searching in confusion.

            "And you were correct" a familiar baritone voice answered, smirking. Relena's face paled as she recalled the person who matched the voice. "Luke" she whispered, scrambling to her feet.

            "You are mistakenÖ Luke is dead. This is Shadow." Mark's confusion quickly turned serious.

            "SoÖ you're the one who did this to us."

            "Get out of the way boy, it's her I want." Mark shook his head.

            "No way. I lost friends because of youÖ I won't let that happen again." The Shadow laughed.

            "You sound SO noble, but that means nothing here in a world of war and guns."

            "It doesn't matter it's what counts in this world!" he pointed to his heart. "Life is cheap because everyone thinks soÖ but it's just undervalued. The heart knows thatÖ this world is cold and only the heart can warm it."

            "You are a fool!"

            "And you are a monster." Shadow's face turned hard, and he whipped something out of his cloak.

            "I am NO monster" came the growl.

            No.... A black object came out of Shadow's cloak and point at Mark. No... Something in her mind clicked.... a black barrel that she often saw. Yet she couldn't move, she tried to work her voice. Slowly the sound worked it's way up her throat. "MARRRK!!" she screamed.

            BANG

            "AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh!!!" Mark cried out falling to his knees, bending over. His right hand was at his left side. Blood seemed to burst out from the wound to his hand. The red, thick liquid seemed to burn away all other sensations. Feathers fell away from his wings as they convulsed from the shock while his body began to shake. Mark softly moaned in pain as the burning sensation began to spread as shock diminished.

            "NOOOOOOO!! Mark!!!" Relena ran to his side. "Mark?!" she screamed hysterically. Her fingers touched him gently, but he still whimpered agonisingly. She somehow got his head to rest on her knees instead of the sandy ground. Relena pressed his bangs away from his face softly not knowing what to do for him. His face was scrunched up in painÖ his hair in disarray, his fingers trying to stop the blood that seemed to gush forward from his side.

            "Mark, don't leave me... please be ok... Mark?!!" she raised her voice as he began to blink his eyes sleepily. He was losing blood quickly and his body seemed to want to drift to sleep: a way to slow down the heart from pumping all that blood to the wound. Yet without medical attentionÖ

            Her faint plea reached his ears. Slowly his eyelids opened revealing two clear sky blue eyes. He smiled tenderly, hiding the tremendous amount of pain he felt. "Don't cry Relena" he said lifting his left free hand to wipe away a tear from her eye.

            "EveryoneÖ everything that lives diesÖ even the stars. It doesn't matter"

            Relena shook her head in denial. "No, no, no. It *does* matter. You are too young to die! You weren't suppose to die!"

            "PerhapsÖ but does it really matter when? Did I affect any body's lives? Looking at you I know I did, and I am content. Although I wish I could have said goodbye to my parents... you'll say that for me won't you?"

            "No Mark, don't ask me that. You can't give upÖ you won't die!"

            "Relena listen..." He looked into the depths of her teary eyes, "You can't stop everything in life, you're not God. You're just human. Besides I'm not leaving you, as long as you think of and remember me, I'm always by your side. If you do that, I won't ever break my promise. Don't worry, trust me." he coughed heavily as phlegm filled his throat.

            "MarkÖ no."

            "Relena, you need to learn how to let go. Letting go doesn't mean that the story ends, it doesn't mean love or friendship is over. It just means another chapter is beginning. Learn to let go." His comforting voice fell into a whisper, his eyes finally closed.

            "Mark?" Relena whispered. He was gone, she knew that. He looked so peaceful with that faint smile on his face. A sleeping angel. Relena finally felt her tears spill. She tenderly placed Mark's head on the ground.

            She curled into a tiny ball, bringing her knees to her chest and wrapping her hands around herself. Mark Her heart cried softly... Why? Why did anyone close to her always get hurt? Why? Was it something about her? Or was it just how fate decided to be? Or was it the price for a peaceful world?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            "Now wasn't the sweet?" a false sap-filled voice asked. Relena scrunched her eyebrows together, blinking back tears... Shadow. "It's like a sweet sap-filled story, but the hero dies." a set of evil chuckles followed.

            Relena used her arm to wipe her tears way, clenching her hands into a tight first. No... no no no... this is ENOUGH! She sprang to her feet, ready to defy him in any way. "You MONSTER!!!" she shook with anger that was racing through her veins.

            Shadow grinned crookedly and walked up to the very still, but trembling red-faced Relena. "Sticks and stones my break my bones but words--" Relena bit her lip until it bled, when she felt a soft tug on her hair. He was playing with it. Relena stiffened. That is IT!! She glared openly at him and brought her hand across his face, letting a clear SMACK ring through the room.

            This obviously caught Shadow by surprise as he did nothing, she wasn't done yet. "That's for Mark's friends!" Relena smacked him again with all her strength. "That's for Doctor O and the guilt he is going through!" She then began punching him repeatedly in the stomach as hard as possible. Fighting back as images of all the people that had died or gone through pain because of this man.... this monster.

            She breathed deeply and punched him one last time. "HOW COULD YOU?!!! You use to be so nice... you use to be..." slowly she slowed her unskilled punches. Bad idea. She quickly found her arms tied behind her back by Shadow, unable to move at all.

            The Shadow was amused, most of that didn't hurtÖ much. Although it would leave a bruise for sureÖ "Because now you're a real angelÖ MY angel."

            "Never" she whispered, struggling. Wait a secÖ this felt all too familiar.

**Flashback**

            "Move under my arm and twist it back. It stops me from moving." a familiar voice ordered. Relena ducked under his arm.

            He sighed "No, no. Don't duck. Force me to lift my arm by force." She tried it.

**End of Flashback**

            Relena didn't know what took over, Instinct, defence, or what? Somehow she did itÖ exactly how Heero taught her. She rammed her elbows into his side while stepping on his feet all at the same time. As the grip loosened with a painful cry, Relena twisted around and forced his hand up so that she would be behind him. He was very tall, but still Relena found herself able to lock his hands.

            With her free hand she grabbed Shadow's nose andÖ CRACK!

            "AHHHHhh!!!" Relena gasped as she breathed deeply, closing her eyes and looking away. Why did she do that?!! For self-defence her mind repeated... but her grip on Shadow loosened. *Self-defence* But I'm a pacifist... it's... no... Tear began to flow from her eyes.

            Suddenly something crawled underneath Relena's hands. She let go of Shadow and stepped away. His skinÖ it wasÖ movingÖ changingÖ Shadow turned furiously around with blood pouring down his broken nose.

            "My DEAR, you'll pay for thatÖ" He began to walk slowly towards her, forcing her into a cornerÖ she was now trapped.

            "You will be mine or else no one else's." he said in a dark whisper as his shadow loomed over her. The last thing Relena remembered before screaming and passing out was his eyesÖ

            His red eyes.



            ^A^AlrightÖ I know I will receive comments about Relena's behaviour, mainly that was SO un-pacifist like. I want to explain before you write to me. First of all you need to admit that everyone has a "stick" of patience. Well obviously that stick broke for Relena. She had been captured, tested on, mutated, raped (from Luke a long time ago), abused, seen abuse, and now her new found friend is dead. After all that, I think even you would snap too.

            Remember, she broke his nose, as an act of defence, remember chapter 6? If notÖ go and read it again. ^_^

            Lastly Shadow is half monster so her unskilled punches didn't really hurt. So please do not flame, I'm sure I will get some criticism but try to keep it minimum pleaseÖ I bruise easily. **sighs** So here we go to the climax, it's all upward action from now onÖ sorta. ^_^ EMAIL ME!! (I almost forgot) Send everything to pixie_angel_girl@hotmail.com Remember! Blackmail if no E-mail! **snickers** You were forgetting about that now, weren't you??? *BIG smile* OOOOOOOOO, XXXXXXXXxx and Cookies ~Pixie^A^