Arranged Marriage.

By Sabersonic

 

 

Chapter 1

Within the Estate of the Duchy of Japan in the capital of Hakodate, the young eighteen-year-old Cardinal Hideyoshi Minosyki awoke from his bed and several attendance dressed him up in his kimodo and was given his breakfast and the normal report. He had grown sick and tired of this political arena and he never had a normal childhood for his father died drowning in his own pool and he was faced with the tasks of Cardinal until the crowned Prince Tomakawa Miniosyki returns to take the thrown. People say that Relena was too young to be Vice Foreign Minister, but the outside world do not know that Hideyoshi, or Yoshi as he liked to be called, was already in the political arena when he was only five years of age. Yoshi envied the little former Queen of the World for she had a childhood, she went to school and had a normal life before AC 195 when she meet the Gundam Pilot Heero Yuy. Then he thought, that Heero Yuy looks awfully familiar, but he brushed it off. Then a government advisor approached him. They both bowed.

"Yes what is it?" Yoshi asked.

"Sir, you have a message from Milliardo Peacecraft of the former Cinq Kingdom who has just returned from the Mars Terra Formation Project."

"What is the message?"

"He wanted to speak to you about an old agreement." Yoshi's eyes went wide open.

'By the Gods, please tell me he didn't find out about the arranged marriage.' Yoshi then spoke. "When dose he want to talk to me?"

"He said that you can speak to him anytime over the video receiver." Yoshi then gulped at the fear of the Lightning Count's wrath.

"Activate my receiver and I'll speak to him soon." 'By the Gods, he's going to make chop liver out of me.' The receiver flickered to life and on it was a not too happy Milliardo Peacecraft. "Well Good Morning Mister-"

"Just cut that crap. Why didn't you tell us about this?" Milliardo demanded.

"About what?" Yoshi already knows what the former OZ officer was talking of.

"This arranged marriage. How could you not tell us of this?"

"Well Mister Peacecraft, according to the arranged marriage made in AC 180, your sister was to marry to our crown prince, Tomakawa Miniosyki. And he's nowhere to be found and-"

"You better hope he's not found or else you'll be the next one missing. Me and my sister will arrive at Hakodate in the afternoon about this." Then the screen flickered off and Yoshi hung his head and brought his hand to his face.

"I am so dead." Then a hunch sparked in his mind. Later that afternoon, the shuttle containing Relena Peacecraft, Zech Marquis, Lucrezia Noin, the Gundam Pilots and others landed in the Space Harbor of Hakodate and were greeted by the staff of the Duchy of Japan and several honor guards of the Duchy Military. The first to meet them was Cardinal Hideyoshi Minosyki. "Hello and welcome to Hakodate, capital of the Duchy of Japan. I hope that you enjoyed your flight." Yoshi sweatdropped and expecting a reply.

"I am deeply honored that you were here to greet us." Relena said. Yoshi looked upon the angry faces of most of the group that accompanied Relena and he could only nervously laughed and gulped. "We are here because of the knowledge of my arranged marriage of me and your crown prince."

"Who's not here." Cardinal Hideyoshi Minosyki flatly replied.

"Is there a chance that he could be dead." Sally Po asked and many of the staff and the honor guard gasped at this.

"Many of us believe that Tomakawa Miniosyki is still alive somewhere in the Earth Sphere to reclaim the thrown of the Duchy of Japan." 'And I hope that he is or I'll join the other Miniosyki in the grave.' Yoshi mentally added. He received a death glare from Heero Yuy and Yoshi went white in the face. "Is there a place that you would like to visit first Miss Vice Foreign Minister?"

"I would like to visit the Miniosyki Estate on which you currently reside Cardinal Hideyoshi Minosyki." Relena said.

"Please, call me Yoshi." He tried to keep a straight face, but the fear from the others keep's tingling his spine coldly. Duo notices that there is a striking resemblance between Cardinal Yoshi and Heero and ponders something. Could Heero be this Prince Tomakawa Miniosyki that they were looking for? Then he shook his head. Heero was a born colonist, not Earth Born. But still Heero's past is shrouded in mystery. The group enter a government limo and were leaving towards the estate in which Yoshi resides as Cardinal. The group then spies an unusual monument in the distance. It consisted of a pile of Virgo I scraps and a Duchy Leo with an ignited beam saber stepping a foot upon the pile and in its other hand was the flag of the Duchy of Japan impaling a head unit of a Virgo I.

"What was that?" Quatre asked and Yoshi shrugged.

"Honestly I have no clue." Yoshi said and then one of the Duchy Council Members spoke up.

"That is a monument to show the people of the Duchy of Japan how we successfully defended our nation against Romefeller and its forces."

"How come I wasn't told about this?" Yoshi asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We just unveiled the monument yesterday and we were about to tell you Cardinal Hideyoshi Minosyki, but then there was an interruption." The council member then spies the former OZ officer.

"Oh, but I was suppose to be there when it was unveiled."

"You were in an important diplomatic meeting with the representatives of the Republic of Japan."

"How were you able to defend the Duchy from Romefeller?" Trowa asked.

"Well, we found some weaknesses in the Virgo's shields; one is that they cannot deflect beam saber weapons or hand to hand combat, and two was that the shields only protected the frontal portion of the Dolls, not the backside." Yoshi said and many of the pilots were dumbfounded as to a tactic that they had missed. They reached the estate, which looked like a cross between a Medieval Japanese Pagoda and European Mansion. They saw that the estate was heavily guarded by computerized turrets, security guards armed with automatic rifles, Mobile Suits and guard dogs. "I am the last of the Minosyki bloodline to govern over the Duchy of Japan and the people of the Duchy rather like the Minosyki Dynasty."

"Are there any others?" Relena asked.

"There was my Aunt, Duchess Kimanyani Minosyki, but she's currently in a coma and is tended and cared for at the estate's medical facilities." Yoshi said as they approached the curved driveway of the Estate. The main hall had influence of both the Japanese culture and European culture. They were greeted by attendance who bowed before them and wearing Japanese Kimodos. Yoshi showed the group the estate and told them of its history that began with the birth of the Minosyki Dynasty and the Duchy of Japan. Heero wasn't sure, but he had this odd feeling that he was here before, from a time long ago in his past. He shook his head, knowing fully well that he's been a colonist all his life as far as he remembers, but then again he had absolutely no memories of his past. Heero had spent nights trying to remember without success, he then decided that he could never remember, if he wanted to or not. They were lead to the medical facility and there in a medical bed laid Duchess Kimanyani Minosyki, a woman in her mid-thirties with long brown hair that reached her thighs and the face of an angel. Something stirred in Heero and he did not know what it was. "This would be the Duchess of Japan, Kimanyani Minosyki. My aunt has been in that coma for the last sixteen years. We are still taking care of her, knowing that she would one day awake from her dreamless sleep and many hoped that she would take the reigns of the Duchy of Japan until her son, the crowned Prince Tomakawa Miniosyki, returns."

"Do you have an idea of where he was last?" Quatre asked and Cardinal Yoshi shrugged.

"Nope, not a clue. My cosine, Prince Tomakawa Minosyki, would probably have no memory as being the crowned prince of the Duchy of Japan. We look for individuals who was born in the same year as Tomakawa who have no memory of their past and has the same physical features as the prince and then we run a DNA testing back in AC 190. Each individual turned out to be false, but we still keep on looking." Then a man walked up to Yoshi and whispered something in his ear and he nodded. "If you would excuse me, something had just come up. Koradonte will show you the rest of the estate." Yoshi left the group and Koradonte shows them the rest of the estate that he was allowed to show them.