Arranged Marriage.

 

 

By Sabersonic

 

Chapter 2

In his office, Cardinal Yoshi read over a report and seemed pleased.

"So the physical features of the two of them match?" An assistant nodded.

"There's no doubt, that pilot has a high percentage of being our lost prince." The man said.

"Yes, but our last hurdle in this investigation is if he is the authentic Prince Tomakawa Minosyki. We need to do a DNA testing and he's not going to let us have a sample easily."

"Why don't we have him 'accidentally' cut himself and collect the sample from the shed blood?"

"Yes, that might work. But the question is how? We can't just have his finger cut like we did it intentionally. We'll just have to wait until he dose accidentally cut his finger and when he leaves the scene, collect the blood sample."

"What about a hair or skin flake sample Cardinal Minosyki?"

"That'll be our backup plan if we are unable to gain a blood sample." Then there was a knock on his door. "Enter." A servant bowed to him before reporting.

"Cardinal Minosyki, one of our guests pilots had just cut himself from one of the ancient swords that was in the weapon store room. Shall I have it cleaned Cardinal?"

"Yes, yes have it- NO WAIT!!" Yoshi remembered.

"What is it Cardinal Minosyki?"

"Take the blood from the sword and take the sample to the medical facility and have them run a DNA test on it."

"May I ask what is the purpose of this?"

"Just do it, and don't tell them where the sample came from or anyone else, okay?"

"Yes Cardinal Minosyki." The servant bowed before leaving. A wide smile touched his face.

"I guess we don't have to wait for the sample after all. But why did you tell him not to say who's blood it was?"

"I don't want any accidents to happen from that information. Besides, I need to confirm that those two are interment or not and we shouldn't leave out the over protective brother element in this matter."

"I understand Cardinal Minosyki." The man bowed and left the office. A moment later, Yoshi went to his knees and prayed.

"Please, let my hunch be correct, I've hoped so much and went to far to all be false." Yoshi prayed to the Japanese Gods. It was night fall and soon the entire estate was in an uproar of a fresh sample of Prince Tomakawa Minosyki was found. The entire estate was about to celebrate until Yoshi halted them. "We shouldn't celebrate yet, we still need to find and identify him." From the uproar, Relena stepped out into the garden behind the estate and the cool night. She found a stone bench next to some Japanese flowers and sat down, the bench was surprisingly comfortable and she let her mind wander into the wind.

She couldn't believe that she was going to be married to someone she hardly knew. A person who could be anything since he's been missing from Japan for almost sixteen years. This man could be a mean, unjust person who would abuse his position as the Duke or could be the complete opposite. How could she love a man, much less marry one, whom she had not even known. Relena was so confused and she shivered. Relena didn't know if she shivered from the coldness of the night or the coldness of fate. Then she felt someone placing a jacket onto her shoulders. She looked towards a pair of Prussian Blue eyes.

"Are you cold Relena?" Heero asked while he sat down beside her.

"Just a bit I guess." They sat for several uncomfortable moments before any of them broke the silence. "It's just not fare. Why am I being forced to marry someone I hardly knew?"

"'Life's never fare' as the saying goes Relena." Heero flatly stated, but he knew of her sorrow.

"Why dose fate forces me to do things I don't want to do? It's just not fare." Relena was on the verge of crying. 'And I never even told you how I feel.' Heero stared at her for several seconds, looking as if he's making an important decision.

"Relena." This gained her attention. "There's something I need to tell you and I'm not sure how do begin and this might make it more difficult but-" He leaned forward and lightly kissed her lips. Relena was very surprised and shocked but regained her senses when she felt him breaking his kiss. She decided that now's a good time to show him and Relena deepened the kiss by wrapping her arms around his neck. Heero responded by wrapping his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. After several minutes, they broke the kiss and confessed their feeling toward each other. "I l-love you Relena."

"I love you too Heero." They explored each other's emotions, thinking that this maybe the last time they would ever be alone together. It was early morning and the rising sun of Japan was about to appear over the horizon when there was an attack of Rebel Mobile Suits. The Duchy Military launched their Mobile Suits and begun to counterattack the Rebel forces. The pilots were awaken abruptly and were sent to a military base and then led to a hangar with was occupied by familiar machines.

"How did you rebuild the Gundams?" Quatre asked as he saw Sandrock Custom being prep for battle.

"The Duchy of Japan had several colonies and resource satellites to help us build the Gundams, along with several of our Military forces." Then the pilots saw several Virgo I and II Mobile Dolls being armed with beam sabers and missiles and readying for combat, but they were surprised to find a large group of Mobile Suits were being prep for combat. The suits were similar to the gundams, but were simple in design and somewhat smaller than the Gundams. "Those are our prototype Gundam Mobile Suits, simplified for mass production and being tested for combat compatibility, but have the fighting ability of your Gundams. We only have a Squadron of the prototypes, but are enough to escort and aid you in this defensive battle." The Gundams were launched and joined the thickness of the battle near the harbor. The Duchy Defense Infantry Mobile Suits, Mobile Doll Defense Calvary, several tanks and missile platforms and helicopters were facing what seemed to be poorly repaired Serpent Mobile Suits, thought this was a decisive illusion. The Serpents were armed with not only their usual armament, but had beam sabers stored in the hip area and planet defensors stored on their legs and activated. The Mobile Dolls covered several offensive Mobile Suits that trusted forward and swung a beam saber at the Serpents. The Gundams arrived and soon the Duchy were winning the battle and soon all the Serpents were either destroyed, disabled or surrendered intact as they were arrested. The rebels confessed that they attacked Hakodate because it was the only military power left in the entire Earth Sphere Unified Nation that could stand in their way. Yoshi called out an all out alert of enemy forces, knowing that they would attack again soon. But that was not the only dilemma that he faced. In the council room, Yoshi paced back and forth, trying to decide how is he going to reveal Prince Tomakawa Minosyki's identity.

"Maybe we can just have him meet with Relena in the room saying that she's to meet with Tomakawa Minosyki?" A council member asked.

"I don't think that'll work, besides, how are we to get him into the same room with her?" Yoshi said and he continued his pacing.

"We can say that he was born in this nation and was arranged to be married by his father and his bride was waiting in that room. We would be telling the truth." Another council member said.

"No, he'll become suspicious and ask who's he going to marry and who his father was. I don't want to find myself with a broken neck."

"They wouldn't dare do that Cardinal."

"They would, since I'm not needed as Cardinal of the Duchy."

"Well, your needed as Foreign Minister Cardinal." This made Yoshi stop in his tracks.

"Could you please repeat that?"

"According to the accords of law, once the Prince claims his thrown, the reigning Cardinal steps down and resumes his former occupation and since your father was once Foreign Minister of the Duchy, you'll have to assume that role for him." Then Yoshi screamed and started to pull on the strands of his hair.

"NOOOOO!!! I HATE POLITICS, I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!!!!"

"Calm down, Cardinal. I'm sure we can work this out." Then an idea sparked in Yoshi's mind and he snapped his fingers..

"I got it, we'll just unveil him!" The council was unsure of what Yoshi's statement. "Look, we'll just have him stand behind some curtains and tell him to wait there for a moment and then unveil him to be Prince Tomakawa Minosyki. It's brilliant-no no wait. He could be targeted by assassins." Yoshi stopped himself.

"Then we'll have body guards to protect him. Simple as that." A previous Council Member stated.

"That's an idea, but how about when?" Another Council Member asked.

"I got it, how about the anniversary of his birth tomorrow. That'll be perfect, like his rebirth or something." The council agreed and soon they announced that they will reveal the identity of Prince Tomakawa Minosyki tomorrow at 10:45 AM, the time of his birth. The group wanted to know who this Tomakawa Minosyki was, especially Relena and Heero. They wanted to know the man who would tear them apart after confessing their feelings towards each other.