Cracks In The Mirror

By: Tracie Somebody

Chapter Two: 0.0-Hi Relena

 

 

"SALLY I WILL KILL YOU!!!" Relena shouted covered only in a towel. Sally smirked.

"You asked how you two would ever get together. I just made the first move," Sally was giggling between every word.

"Laugh now, but I won't forget this. I'll get you back. How could you tell him to walk in on me while I was showering?" Relena said still red faced from anger and embarrassment. "Where's Heero?"

"Dunking his head in a sink full of cold water and now I know why," Duo said laughing. Relena turned a darker shade of red.

"DUO! I'm only in a towel! Get out! This, despite what Sally thinks, is not a peep show!" Relena yelled.

"I'm going, I'm going, just wondered what happened and now I know," Duo said winking at Sally. Sally suppressed what looked suspiciously like a giggle. Duo walked out in a hurry, and a 'Oh Shit' was heard form the hall way, and as soon as Zechs walked in Relena understood.

"What happened to Yuy, he looks like hell. Relena what did you do to him?" Zechs said not able to see what his sister was wearing from where he was standing. Sally got all wide eyed and ducked out of the room quickly. "WHY are you only in a towel?!?" Zechs closed the door as a few curious preventers stopped to look in.

"I was taking a shower, when Sally told Heero I had been hurt. So, of course, Heero came in like Sally told him and found me in the shower" Relena trailed off as Zechs turned a purple color. Just then Noin walked in to see what all the commotion was about and quickly assessed the situation.

"Zechs sit down," she ordered. "What happened?" Relena told Noin the story. Noin smiled wryly. "Never thought Sally had it in her" She got a good look at Zechs' face, "I'll talk to her about her behavior of course, but the situation is somewhat amusing, even you have to admit it Zechs."

"After I cut out Sally's tongue, I'm burning out Yuy's eyes," Zechs said. Relena got all wide eyed and looked at Noin for help.

"That's a bit rash, after all, Heero was just doing his job, and Sallywell Sally was just playing a practical joke," Noin said herding Zechs out so that Relena could finish her shower in peace. To Relena she whispered, "You better make sure Sally and Heero make themselves scarce for a while," Relena nodded. Relena went back and finished her shower. After she was done she examined herself in the mirror. She had a cut lip, and her head still hurt, but it was only a dull pain after all the pain killers Sally gave her. She put on the fuzzy blue sweater, and black tight jeans Sally was lending her and walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm suppose to keep an eye on you until Zechs 'has a word' with both Sally and Heero," Duo said smiling widely.

"Zechs is being stupid! Heero didn't do anything!" Relena said. Duo sat on the counter and gave Relena another grin.

"It's not about what he did it's about what he saw," Duo smiled wider. His 'priest outfit' and his smile made him look so adorable that for a moment Relena envied Hilde. She snapped out of it and reminded her self of Heero, who now dressed in black jeans and a black turtle neck. J Snapping back into reality she noticed that Duo's grin had widened.

"Thinking about someone I know?" Duo smiled even wider. Relena sweetly/evilly smiled back.

"Duo did every one but me know about Heero?" Relena asked and was glad to see him sweat drop.

"UrumSally didn't, neither did any of the girlshmmmneither did any of the other pilots except TrowaZechs didUne did of courseNoin did too. Well that's about it," Duo was no longer smiling. "He said he didn't want you to know because he 'needed to think things out', that and the incident earlier makes me think he likes you," Duo's smile returned. "And so now my mission is to find out if you still like him."

"Mission accomplished, I do still like him Duo, and so will you stop bugging me about it now? Your like the little annoying brother I never had," Relena complained. Duo threw out his chest.

"Little? Excuse me shorty but I'm anything but little," Duo stood up and looked down on Relena for emphasis. Relena frowned, she had grown very little after all of this, but the Gundam pilots had all sprouted up like weeds and so they towered over her (ESPECIALLY Trowa). Even Heero had reached a good 6 foot 1 inches. Duo was the second tallest, and so he dwarfed Relena.

"Little minded," Relena said and laughed.

"Hey! I am not THAT childish!" Duo protested. "Well maybe I am..." Duo corrected himself at Relena's disbelieving stare.

"You are," this came from the doorway. Relena blushed as Heero entered, the shower incident may be over but it was far from forgotten. Heero moved into the room and stood in the corner.

"Hey how was 'quality time' with Zechs?" Duo asked.

"Interesting," Heero said looking at Relena who was being very quiet. "I just hope Sally survives," he remarked.

"Your not mad at her?" Duo asked wide eyed.

"No matter how mad I am, no one ever deserves 'quality time' with Zechs," Heero looked at Relena, "He threatened to cut out my eyes unless I told you 'I'm so sorry,' and so now I've said it," Heero said.

"He did?" Relena asked.

"He had a knife on his desk," Heero stated flatly. Relena got a very angry look on her face.

"I think it's about time I had some 'quality time' with Zechs," Relena said. Heero raised an eyebrow, Duo shrugged in response. "Any way what does my older brother plan to do with me?" Relena asked knowing she wasn't going to like the answer from the look on Heero's face.

"He said to put you in a place no one knew about. Somewhere no one would guess you were staying," Heero said.

"Mind to let me in on where this place is?" Relena said noticing Heero's obvious going around the answer to the question. Duo looked at Heero and smiled.

"I think I know" Duo said and smiled even wider as Heero gave him the famous Yuy Death Glare.

"He said to take you to my place until this is figured out," Heero finished. Relena sat in thoughtful silence. "Then he threatened to cut off other parts of me if I ever touched you," Heero said in his usual monotone. Relena smiled.

"I can defiantly see him doing that," Relena said.

"What the threatening or the actual doing of the act?" Duo asked not wanting to be left out of this conversation.

"Both," Relena said still smiling. Just then Sally came in looking like hell warmed over.

"I'm impressed, you're alive," Heero said.

"Barely," Sally admitted. "He threatened to fire me, only after Noin came in and convinced him he could get in big trouble for maiming or killing me," Sally sat down in a puff of breath. Relena shook her head still smiling.

"Man Lena if I had anyone as protective as Zechs looking after me I'd run away," Duo informed them leaning against the counter smirking.

"Get out of here! Your disturbing my patient (and me)," Sally said shooing out a protesting Duo. "You to Heero, Relena and I need to talk," Sally said.

"I have to stay, I'm not taking any chances after the talk Zechs and I had," Heero said. Relena laughed.

"In that case Heero I order you to leave," Relena said, "And if he asks why you're not in here blame it on me." Heero reluctantly left, just out side of the door.

"I heard Zechs demanding to know whether Heero has any affection for you," Sally said, "Heero said 'Yes' which from the noise that followed wasn't the answer Zechs wanted. But either way he said it," Sally said.

"He just got here TODAY, after I got knocked out, and became part of a murder case! And all that you and Duo can think of is setting us two up!" Relena exclaimed exasperated. Sally nodded.

"Who can help it? You're the best couple since Romeo and Juliet, everyone who knows you two wants to hook you up. Excluding perhaps Zechs and Wufei" Sally stopped to think.

"I like him, I don't know if he knows it, but I'm pretty sure he does. I refuse to make the first move, that's for him to do," Relena insisted.

"That's probably what he's saying to himself right now, and that's why you two will never hook up! You're both too stubborn, you're practically impossible!" Sally said shaking her head.

"Let me handle my own life, I can take care of myself, despite what is common belief these days," Relena told Sally crossing her arms. "Besides from what it looks like we'll probably have around two weeks alone in his house or apartment together. I think I'll decide there, not here in front of a Sally and Duo audience thank you. And might I add out of the reach of my over protective brother who still thinks I'm a silly little 16 year old girl," Relena shifted positions on the table where she was sitting.

"I think Heero looks hot in his new out fit don't you?" Sally asked.

"And you say I'M impossible!" Relena said.

"I said stubborn, and practically impossible," Sally corrected. "And your out fit point of view is?"

"Yeah, he looks hot," Relena admitted. Heero who had eavesdropped on this little conversation smiled and leaned against the door. Around two weeks alone in his apartment with Relena was not sounding bad at all. A sudden memory of walking in on her earlier came to his mind and he went in search of a sink full of cold water, preferably far away from Duo.

 

AN: ^-^ This is getting good! I hope I don't loose this stories plot though, I think I'm coming dangerously close. Until next time