Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or any of its characters ^_^

Dawn and Moon Wars

Chapter Thirteen

 

Dorothy pulled her cloak around her body and smiled contentedly, not paying attention to Une's sarcastic laughter. "Where are you going, Lina?" Duo asked as Dorothy walked past the inn's entrance.

"Stable." She pulled an apple from inside one of the cloak's deep pockets. "A snack for Aurora. I'm sure you won't miss my company too much." Dorothy turned, flinging her hair behind her as she did, and sauntered off.

"Impossible." Duo muttered as he, Solo, and Une walked into the inn. "I need something hot. It's never this cold in Elysia..."

"Hello, sweet." The horse bared her teeth at Dorothy and the blond sorceress growled. "Now, listen here, I am your mistress and you will obey me." The mare snorted and Dorothy took out the blood dagger to cut the apple into slices. "Comes in handy for something... Mother, I wish I could toss it aside, but I can't... Bonded to it in magicks and blood... it's a part of me, like my heart. Bloody hell, I have to destroy the bond someway. If only... How did all the other advisors destroy the bond? How?" She sighed and ran a hand over Aurora's body. "All my answers lie in the ruins of the Dawn's Capital... My mother, the old Dawn, the library all destroyed."

"Interesting. Not just any exotic beauty, but a she-demon from the Dawn's lands. Intriguing."

Dorothy cursed herself for talking aloud or for talking to her horse of all things and spun around to face the speaker. A sword raised and pointed at her neck. "Now, now, we don't want any trouble."

She smirked, "You really haven't come prepared." Wind roared around them, "Not at all." The winds raged at the man and he was slammed against the opposite wall. Dorothy chuckled, "It's been so long." The dagger raised in her hand and she stalked toward the man. "Don't take this personally, but its hungry you see..."

Something clamped around her neck and Dorothy's eyes widened. She turned around and faced a tall, dangerous looking brute. She lunged forward with the dagger, but his meaty fist swung at her head and Dorothy fell forward.

The lean man kneeled beside her unconscious form and smiled. "Sleeping like a baby." He reared back and slapped her, her head jarred to the left and blood poured from a split lip. "Pick her up, Rashid. It's time for us to go."

The larger man refrained from glowering at the younger and smaller man. Trant held power when it came to the wealthy, but Rashid commanded the small battalion that kept the peace when the younger man became involved in some sort of trouble. He only followed him for one reason; it was this man that saved him and his forty soldiers from slavery in the Dawn's lands... However, some of Trant's ways were a bit... brutal for Rashid's tastes, but he'd continue to follow the man till his debt was fulfilled.

Rashid lifted the blond woman, glancing at the gold collar around her neck. Tiny crystals were embedded into the soft metal and threw sparks of light around the dark stable. "She is wearing the clothes."

"Much good it'll do her." Trant sheathed his sword, "A Dawn's woman and by the sounds of it, close to the Reborn Dawn. Interesting, but obviously that witch's mutterings were just that. Does she look like the one the supposed prophecy spoke of?"

The larger man glanced down at the blood-filled dagger and kicked it under a bit of straw. He had his honor, which kept him from breaking the neck of this cruel man... Yet, he had been saved from slavery and working so others could be placed into it... A cruel twist of fate he did not like and if another came and stopped it... He would not stop her or him.

And obviously Trant had not seen the dagger very clearly or the blonde's neck would probably have been sliced already.

"Come on. She'll earn us a hefty price. Exotic nobility." Trant chuckled, "A hefty price indeed." The two men left the stable with the woman and not a single person even glanced at them as they passed.

 

     *

"I am not your brother." Trowa answered coldly as the two women stared at him. "I have no sister or family. I was a slave since the day I was born and have worked for a troupe that entertains the nobles. I am not the holder of some cup."

"But you are!" Catherine opened her bag and pulled out a large silver chalice, two opals shaped like tears adorned the cup. It was rather plain after all the wealth he'd seen performing for the noblewomen, but it seemed to pull at him. It called to him and he was reaching for it before he even knew what he was doing. "See. It calls for you to invoke it."

"No." Trowa yanked his hand back and shook his head. "You are not my sister."

"But I am, Trowa. You lived with me and mother for so many years, we kept your birth a secret, but you were a part of the family and we loved you deeply... But I told a friend of mine about you and she..." Her eyes narrowed and she stared at the fire. "She was training to be a spy and one day she came and she took you away and gave you to Drivers. They erased your memory of us and her and you were given new ones."

"No..."

"I searched for you, but... The only person that I could be sure that would have the talents to find you is the same person that took you away so many years ago. Midii, she's the Dawn's Spy Mistress now, and she has kept you a secret from so many to hide her shame." Catherine raised her head and Trowa started to see tears slide down her face. "But you remembered your name... Your wonderful name..."

"In a dream... Someone called me Trowa in a dream..." Trowa shook his head, "Those were just dreams!" But suddenly he knew why she looked familiar. She had been in his dreams... Laughing and smiling at him and giving him sweets. "Miss Bloom..." He whispered and a sob escaped past Catherine's lips as she moved around the fire and threw her arms around him.

"They couldn't take it all away! They couldn't! Oh, Trowa! Sweet Trowa. Nothing is going to separate us again."

Lucrezia blinked at the scene then frowned and turned her head away. 'Midii, so I know one of your secrets now... Are you even alive still? Is Relena? She has to be! Find her, Midii! Find her!'

 *

"The Serf's Hideaway?" Relena tilted her head at the inn's sign, then glanced at Heero. "Are you sure this is the best?"

"Yes. The name is a hint for slave drivers. The innkeeper deals with selling  his guests to such drivers." Heero answered as he moved into the inn; he nodded sharply at Dumin and the inn-owner paled before rushing a maid up the stairs to ready the Panther's room.

"Can we trust such a man?"

"No, but he can fear us." Hero glared any man down that stared too long at the hooded figure he guarded. His gaze turned toward the stairs as a figure took them two at a time. A braided lord by the looks of him and by the way he held himself.

"Good innkeeper, has Lady Lina returned from visiting her mare? She seems very fond of the animal." Duo flashed Dumin a grin as the innkeeper fidgeted.

"No, she hasn't returned, milord. Mayhap she is still with her fine horse."

"Probably so." Duo turned away and began to walk toward the door. He raised a curious eyebrow at the man wearing black pants and a vest with black streaks cutting across his cheekbones and the hooded figure walking alongside him. "Good day." He nodded pleasantly at Heero and Relena before ducking out of the inn and making his way to the stable.

"I have never seen a male noble before..." Relena whispered as Heero led her up the stairs toward his room. The maid nearly fainted in relief as he waved her way.

"You may have the bed." He told her as he closed the door behind him and watched as Relena removed her hooded cloak.

"Thank you. How long will we be staying here?"

"Already tiring of your own kind?"

Relena shook her head, "These people are a rough breed, yet even the roughest woman or man has a soft spot. I merely wish to know so I can decipher how much of the town I may see. I'm curious about their slave market... When I am crowned and the Moon is captured, I believe I will free the male slaves... It will be a rough law for some to follow and I know many rebels will turn against me, but it must be done. I believe you, Heero, and I cannot continue to enslave men when I know the truth. Yet, I wonder if they do their slave market like we do... Usually a family is already chosen and the slaves are just sent there. Noble slaves are sent to other noble houses to learn the right skills for them. A few are sent as gifts and a rare bit are bought, such as gladiators." She shuddered, "I was planning on having that sport obliterated at the day of my crowning even before all this." Relena sat down on the bed; "It seems so strange. I'm planning laws inside my head and trying to figure out ways to sabotage any people or things that get in my way. Everything seems to have happened so many years ago... My mother is dead, yet... It's faded into a dull ache. My nightmares no longer involve the destruction of my home or the death of my mother. I'm still confused about many things, but... Like Dorothy... What am I to do about her if she still lives? She killed my mother, but... That dagger... It was so confusing and I was in the middle...and... Mother..."

"We will go see it tomorrow. You'll have to wear the cloak again." Heero replied then he frowned. "You have nightmares? What are dreams like?"

Relena glanced at him sharply, "What do you mean? Don't you have dreams?"

Heero shook his head, "No. Panthers do not dream."

"Well... Dreams can be wonderful and beautiful at times." She smiled fondly, "I've had dreams where the world is such a beautiful place and there's a-." She suddenly stopped and blushed. "Yes, well... Dreams are strange, interesting things."

The Panther raised an eyebrow, "What about nightmares?"

"Oh, those... I've had nightmares about my mother's death and," she hesitated, "yours..."

"You've dreamt of me dying? I told you about the prophecy."

"I know... Come here, Heero." She reached out and carefully placed her hands on each side of his head and Heero shuddered as warmth flooded over him and strength, raw strength, entered his blood. Fur sprouted over his skin and his face and his hands began to change... Then suddenly it all reverted back. Relena slumped forward and he caught her, "I tried... One day I will, Heero. I promise." She smiled at him, "I think you're learning how to act around us foolish humans." His eyes questioned her and her smile widened. "You did not respond cruelly or unthinkingly to my rambling a few minutes ago."

"You need to rest." He helped her lay down on the bed then turned toward the closed door. She couldn't be right... But he was becoming used to this strange female human and her ways. A month... A month of travel... And it felt as if years had passed. It'd be strange traveling alone once she reclaimed her kingdom.

Heero shook his head. It wouldn't feel strange because he'd be in his true form once that happened. His true form and nothing would keep him from receiving that... Not any maiden whose tears hid her strength... Not even if the maiden that could kill him and the one that could change him were the same. He turned and stared at the woman on the single bed. Nothing and no one would keep him from that. No one.

 *

Duo whistled as he walked into the stable. "Oh, Lina darling!" He called, then stopped as he took in the empty building. "Lina?" He walked deeper inside till he was standing before Aurora and whispered, "Dorothy? Dorothy?"

His foot kicked something hidden in the hay and he leaned down and his eyes widened as he lifted the blood dagger. "Dorothy..." Duo's hand tightened around the dagger's handle as he peered more closely at the dirt ground. Footprints... A small, dainty foot he recognized as Dorothy's, but the other two... A scuffle of sorts and, he breathed in deeply probing with his magical sense, she had used one of her elements...

"Burn my bones." Something in him screamed and a wild light shone in his violet eyes. "I promised to protect you." He felt as if a piece of his soul was being ripped away. He had failed. An elf couldn't fail to keep a promise. "I will find you, Dorothy, and the ones that have taken you..." His eyes narrowed, "The gods have mercy on their dark souls."

He turned and slid the dagger into his belt and made his way back inside the inn. The first man he saw was the inn-owner and there was something suspicious about the nervous way the man was acting and the way he constantly was wiping sweat off his brow. "You!"

Dumin stiffened and turned wide frightened eyes toward the young lord. "Milord?"

Duo stomped across the inn, "Where is she?! Answer me, you swine! Where is she?!"

"W-who, Lord Bryan?" The pig-like man trembled as the angry lord advanced on him.

"LINA, YOU FOOL! WHERE IS SHE?!" Duo slammed the man against the wall; "You will tell me where she is or I will rip your heart out and make you eat it."

Dumin swallowed, "Milord, I know not what you-." He nearly squealed as Duo's hand tightened around his throat and lifted him off the ground. "They took her, milord! A driver named Trant took her to sell as a slave!"

"Did you have anything to do with this?" Duo wielded his magicks of fire and water and combined them for the Power of Speech.

"Yes, milord!" The innkeeper looked surprised at having spoken the truth, but Duo's power grew as in his other hand he held the large ball of light. "I told him about her and signaled to Trant when she'd be alone."

"Why does he want her?" Duo's voice was a low, dangerous tone now and he barely even noticed as many of the inn's occupants fled from the common room and Solo and Une joined him... or that the black dressed man and the mysterious hooded figure watched from the stairs.

"A witch cursed the clothing the Lady wears. She was also sold into slavery by Trant, but was never truly sold. She died two days after being enslaved, but before she died she spoke of a prophecy concerning her cursed belongings. She spoke of a half-breed whose arrival would be noted by the fact she would be able to adorn the witch's clothes and the half-breed would set the slaves free."

"Is that the entire prophecy?"

"No..." Dumin shuddered as he recited, "A half-breed sorceress wielding a blade of blood shall set those suffering serfs free and bring revenge upon my captor."

"You've got the wrong woman. She's full human, not a half-breed. How many times have you done this, swine? How many have you sold into this debased life of cages?"

"Too many times to count." Sweat rolled down the innkeeper's face and Duo released the man, allowing him to slump down to the floor.

"Where is she?"

"In the slave pens, probably. She'll be sold tomorrow, milord! You have the money to buy her!"

"You sicken me, human." Duo leaned down and only a person with very sharp eyes would see as the illusion fell and Duo slashed the innkeeper across the face with one of his poisonous claws. "Never again will you sell another into slavery."

"No, milord. Of course not, milord." Dumin didn't understand what had just happened... The poison would slowly turn his blood into ice and he would freeze from the inside out, a painful death that the man surely deserved.

"My King?" Une asked as he faced them.

"We will find her and free her... At any costs. I will have the blood of this man called Trant." His eyes narrowed, "I will."

"Heero, what is going on?" Relena whispered as the strange lord left the inn with the tall man and woman.

The Panther's eyes followed the violet-eyed youth, "Stay away from that man if we meet up with him. He is not human."

"What do you mean?"

Heero turned around, "He is Elysian, an elf."

 *

Duo nearly trembled with rage as the two soldiers joined him. "You heard." It was not question, but Solo nodded any ways. "Have either of you been near the slave pens?"

Une nodded, "Briefly, my King. They are heavily guarded... We might be able to get her out, but the danger..."

Duo's right hand closed into a fist; "I must save her. My soul calls for it." Solo mouthed the words, 'Promise' and the Elysian King nodded. "If I do not have her by my side, safe and well, then I will become an empty shell without a soul. I promised her I'd protect her and stay with her... Even now my soul is slowly tearing away..."

"My King!" Une gasped and Solo's eyes hardened.

"To protect her? She did not mention that promise."

"She doesn't know about it." Duo answered, trying to stay calm as pain raged inside him... Pain and hate... He'd find this Trant and make him curse the day his father gave his mother their first kiss. "Should we follow the innkeeper's advice? Do we have enough gold to buy her back?"

"Aye, cousin." Solo replied, his anger clearly shown in both tone and expression.

"Do not push me, cousin." Duo spoke, softly and quietly, "It is hard enough for me to stay where I am without racing off to find her no matter who is in my way, but if you push me I may rain that anger upon you." At Solo's nod and salute, the braided elf gritted his teeth together. "Night is settling. The slave market starts tomorrow and lasts for three days..."

"Nobles aren't sold till the last day." Une whispered and Duo placed a hand on the blood dagger's hilt and frowned.

"I'm not sure I can wait that long."

"My King... Their forces outnumber us and they also have mages helping them. Even with your advanced abilities, we'd quickly be overwhelmed. I know that it takes five days for an Elysian to die of a broken promise... We have five days to get her back."

"What about those times where the promise is still considered broken, Solo? What then?" Duo asked calmly and the two elf soldiers bowed their heads. There was a mad glint in their King's eyes and sweat beaded his forehead. "What of the madness that can descend?"

"We will deal with that if it comes."

Duo chuckled, "Yes, we'll deal with it then. I suppose we will be staying here. I wonder who will inherit the inn after the innkeeper's sudden demise." He reentered the inn and Solo and Une followed, exchanging worried glances.

 *

"Duo...?" Dorothy slowly opened her eyes, wincing as harsh sunlight blinded her momentarily. She jumped as a face appeared before her vision. An old, wrinkled face where two beady little eyes watched her. Dorothy winced as she moved... She felt like a herd of horses had trampled her. Dorothy slowly sat up, eyeing the hunched over crone that stared at her so intently. The crone held out a glass of water and Dorothy reached for it, but stopped as she took in the dust floating at the top and the mud that had settled at the bottom of the cup of water. Her nose wrinkled and she yanked back her hand.

Someone chuckled and Dorothy's head jerked to stare up at a tall woman with a scarred face and missing a bit of her left ear. "Best 'et used to it, sweetie. It be all we slaves 'et till we be sold. Ye'll probably be one of the lucky ones. 'o to a rich lord or merchant. Till then though ya'd better 'et used to dirty water and moldy bread."

For a second she struggled to understand the woman whose accent twisted words then Dorothy's eyes narrowed, "I will go to no lord or merchant! I am a free woman!"

"Sure, sweetie. Sure ya are." The scarred woman chuckled again, "Ya just keep tellin' yerself that. I told ya, Crone, I told ya. She's noble born."

"So, you're awake." A familiar voice announced and Dorothy stood as the two men that had attacked her and a new fellow wearing a long cape and a strange conical hat entered the cage. "Not even a bruise. Edward can really do his work well, don't you think?" Trant ignored the women that cringed and stumbled out of the men's way. The woman called Crone was nearly hiding behind Dorothy now.

"A mage?" She frowned and looked Edward up and down and smirked. "He wouldn't last five minutes where I come from."

"Oh, but he'll last much longer here... Longer than you."

"Really?" A slow, dangerous smile appeared on her lips. "I could destroy him myself."

Edward returned the smile, "You could try."

Something about his tone and arrogant smile made her cautiously reach for her element of wind. She released only a tiny bit and her eyes widened as the wind blew back at her, shifting her long and matted blond hair. "By the Mother..."

"A tiny invention on my part." The mage told her calmly, "The lovely collar you're wearing reverses your magicks. Whatever you try to send out comes right back at you. Intriguing, isn't it?"

Dorothy raised a hand to the gold collar and searched for the clasp, but her hands just touched smooth metal... How was it locked? What was this thing?! Trant watched with an amused expression, "You'll be sold tomorrow." He winked, "Good day to you, lady." The mage laughed as the three men left the cage. She watched as they joined a dust covered man; a messenger by the looks of him.

"So, ya do be a sorceress." The scarred woman spoke up as soon as the men had walked some ways off. "They no like ya. Maybe, ya do be the One." She shook her head and laughed as if she'd made a joke.

Dorothy stared at the scarred woman, "I am Dorothy Catalonia, Advisor to the Reborn Dawn, Sorceress to the Reborn Dawn, Holder of the Dagger of Blood, Murderer of the former Dawn, Daughter of the Advisor of the former Dawn, Bonded to Quatre the bard, and Enemy to the Moon. I will not die." She snatched the cup full of dirty and muddy water out of Crone's hands and swallowed it in one gulp. Dorothy threw the cup across the cage; all women stared at her now. "I. Will. Not. Die."

  Crone nodded and clapped her gnarled hands together. "She is the ONE! SHE HAS COME!" The other women slowly took up the call, except for the scarred woman... That woman gradually made her way toward Dorothy and bowed her head ever so slightly.

"Well, Dorothy Catalonia, I be Nattie. I no know if ya be the One, but ya do be a woman I think I could like." She placed a hand out and Dorothy stared at it, then slowly shook the woman's offered hand.

"Why are they shouting that?" The sorceress had to yell to be heard of the women's cries of 'She has come'.

"Ya no know? Yer be flautin' the witch's clothes." Nattie pulled Dorothy into an empty corner and spoke in a low, yet understood tone. "They do say that years ago a witch was brought here to be a slave, but she did die two days after bein' enslaved. She cursed her things and said that only the woman that'd save the slaves from slavery would be able to touch them without dyin'. Her curse did be proven true for the man that sent her to the cages did have a greedy daughter and she put the clothes on. She died the next day and her screams did be heard all through the town. The witch laughed as she did hear those screams and did begin to yell at the top of her voice. She shouted that a woman would come." She paused and continued with difficulty, her mouth fixing around the perfect grammar, "A half-breed sorceress wieldin' a blade of blood shall set those sufferin' serfs free and bring revenge upon my captor. That be what she said and..."

Dorothy whispered softly, "Holder of the Dagger of Blood... They think... I? I'm not a half-breed! I'm pure human!"

Nattie shrugged, "You may say that, but..." She reached over and pushed Dorothy's hair back and pointed at Dorothy's tiny, pale ears. "There be things that do be strange about ya. Yer ears be sportin' fine little points. Hard to notice unless ya be lookin' for it."

"My ears are perfectly normal!" Dorothy frowned as the woman continued.

"And yer skin be as pale as milk. Before I be caught I worked for a scholar who studied about creatures of myth. He did speak once of creatures called elves. It be said they have skin as fine as alabaster." Dorothy pulled her cloak closer around her body, glad they'd let her keep that at least. "They'd be talented, too. It do be said that elves have extra talents other than the elements, includi' singin' to the earth. Music be a part of them, it do be said. Some humans share the ability, too, but far fewer than elves."

"You're mad." Dorothy hissed, but Nattie smiled.

"That, too." Nattie mimicked the hissing before continuing. "What did yer mum do to ya when ya were younger?"

"She borrowed my magicks and... She never let me study about elves... She threw my books in the fire when I was seven... She did something to my teeth one day... Said they weren't straight enough, but... I bit her and drew blood... After that my teeth seemed dull... Flat..." Dorothy raised a hand to her face and stared at her nails. "She used to do my nails all the time... Saying I had to be perfect since I was a lady, but she'd never let the slaves do it... Till I turned thirteen..."

"You be a half-breed. Human and elf, Dorothy Catalonia."

"Mother... My father..." She squeezed her eyes closed, "She'd never let me ask questions about him. Now, I know why... How? When?! How could she?!"

Nattie stare down at the woman and slowly recited; "Dorothy Catalonia, Advisor to the Reborn Dawn, Sorceress to the Reborn Dawn, Holder of the Dagger of Blood, Murderer of the former Dawn, Daughter of the Advisor of the former Dawn, Bonded to Quatre the bard, Enemy to the Moon, Daughter of a Female Human and a Male Elf, Heroine of the Slaves, and Prophecy Borne to Life."

"You have the wrong person. I am human. I am human. I am." Dorothy bit her lower lip and fought the tremble wanting to start through her. "How do you know so much? How?!"

"I used to be prettier than this." Nattie motioned to her scars, "The scholar; he be a talker in his sleep."

     *

"My Moon," the soldier bowed deeply before standing at attention, "the former Galaxy speakers have been found and brought under arrest. The rebels are fleeing the city and trying to convince the villagers and townsfolk to raise arms against you."

Millardo waved a hand, "Of course, but we will move before they can attack. Brunx should be returning in a day or two from meeting with that trader in Ransik."

"That's bad country, my Moon."

"I know. It's the perfect place to buy what I need... The only place actually... Many of the male slaves will flock to us, but it is the sorceresses we must worry about... But soon," he smiled, "they will be nothing but slaves with fancy collars." Millardo chuckled as he slowly rose from his tall throne. He sat in the room the Galaxy speakers had once adorned, but their chairs had been taken down and the room had been redecorated. A banner embroidered with a full moon with two arrows crisscrossing in front of the moon and a large golden crown that seemed to float an inch above the orb. The Moon's banner. His banner. The hangings mainly consisted of battle scenes and no furniture adorned the large chamber, but his throne. The large, high-backed chair had been carved from finely sanded wood and gilded with gold and jewels glittered along it. The top came up to depict a hunting scene of two hounds taking down a large stag. A red silk cushion was revealed as he stood. "You found the Pluto speaker, too?"

"Yes, we found her. It did not take long once we persuaded them." The soldier smiled toothily, "The hags actually tried to make us think she was nothing, but a noble friend. She fits the age and we have her say that she is who she says she is and even the hags have admitted that she is Lady Pluto."

"You had better pray she is." Millardo turned on the soldier and spoke softly, his hand resting on the gold hilt of his sword. "I will have the Cup. I will not allow another to follow my-.' He cut off as if realizing he'd said too much and glared at the soldier. "You are dismissed."

The soldier nodded, saluted, bowed once more, and left. The Moon had already turned his back even before the door was closing. He walked toward one of the tall tapestry hangings and stared at the scene. The hangings mainly consisted of battle scenes, but not all... Not all... He frowned at the hanging, "You were never fit to be a Queen, mother. You couldn't even follow your own laws and execute me when Relena was born. You just sent me away. Now, I have returned and I will take what it is rightfully mine. The laws... The laws... Maybe I should be thankful that Relena did come along to show me that you could never be a true mother. If she hadn't, then I'd have only been kept along to continue the line till I had a daughter... But not anymore... Never again." The shadows played across his features as he stared up at the scene of a tall, regal woman, a crown on her head, and in her arms a small babe... He fingered the part of the hanging that was missing, a large piece had been seemingly torn away. "Never again..." A piece large enough for a picture of a young boy...

     *

"Wufei..." Sally whispered as the figures began to move forward, their shadows playing across the walls. She winced at each shadow, there was no way they could defeat so many... But maybe they didn't mean to harm them... Maybe.

Wufei held his gleaming sword in front of him, both hands closed around its hilt, his eyes steadily watching those approaching. Sally darted a glance toward the catriffin on her outstretched arm and couldn't help wondering where Galea had suddenly come from. Out of nowhere she had just appeared, flying like a bat out of hell.

Galea meowed something and the figures suddenly entered the crystal light. She wondered how they had been able to hide from the strange fiery crystals, but all her thoughts flew out of her head as she took in the people surrounding them.

"Dwarves..." Sally whispered, her voice and expression one of awe. "I don't believe it. Dwarves!" The dwarves came to mid-thigh and the ones around them all wore soft, tan leather armor with sewn on metal disks and helmets. They carried clubs and swords that looked more like daggers to the two humans, but still deadly enough. The dwarves seemed to shine in the light and as Sally looked closer she realized their skin was actually golden and seemed to sparkle. Most were male with the hard look of seasoned fighters, but a few were women. The women had the same look, but unlike the men had long hair they wore in a number of small braids.

They all stared at the humans and catriffin warily, holding their weapons ready. Sally was sure that any moment Wufei or one of the dwarves would make a move and she and Wufei would die...

"Stop."

The dwarves jerked and Sally watched with wide eyes as those in the back began to fall to their knees as new dwarves appeared. The soldier-like ones each fell to their knees except for a scarce few that stood before Sally and Wufei. They also separated in two units so the newcomers could pass easily. Sally watched the ones coming with apprehension.

A dwarf as tall as those around her, maybe even a bit taller, with a sure walk and grace to her. Where all the other dwarves were stocky and sturdy, she seemed willowy and fragile. She was dressed all in white and a tiny crown rested on her red locks. Her flaming red hair was set up in hundreds of those tiny little braids and a jewel seemed place at the end of each one. She smiled graciously at the kneeling soldiers and nodded at the few standing, those standing saluted and bowed deeply. Her retainers followed closely behind, one carrying a pitcher on a silver tray and another carrying a plate of grapes.

"You have finally come."

Sally jerked, the voice coming from that commanding presence was so... young. "Your highness, I-." She blinked as she realized Wufei still had his sword out and aimed. Sally carefully reached out and placed a hand over his and pushed his sword down. He grunted and stubbornly kept the blade bared. "Your highness-." This time the dwarf Queen interrupted her.

"Such titles should not exist between us. You have come. Let us rejoice. Put away your weapons! Can you not see the signs? Reality and myth! Here stands man and his naked blade, a reality we have all seen! Here sits myth, cat and bird are one! It was destined that she'd come today and she has. It is time to rejoice!"

The chamber erupted in cheers at her words, but it quickly died down as a soldier came running toward the solemn, young Queen. "My Queen, another enters the tunnel. A dark one, he is surely mad! He speaks to himself as if others are there and is covered in grime and blood and dark magicks."

"Evil..."

Galea meowed and the Queen looked toward the catriffin and slowly nodded. "A turned warrior? I thought such things, oh nevermind. Come, you two must come with us. You may be she, but that does not make you immortal."

Sally slapped Wufei's arm and he growled, but sheathed his sword and followed the dwarves that motioned for them to hurry. It was hard to think, but Sally had to. They were running through twisting tunnels following dwarves, Dwarves!, and the bard-mage was following them... It had to be he, but if it was him then that meant... Her eyes clenched shut for a second, but she tripped and quickly opened them. 'Hilde... Oh. Hilde... Why wouldn't you let me come or Wufei? Hilde!' Sally felt tears slide down her face as she ran alongside Wufei. The blood warrior had been a nice change from Wufei and his steady serious silence... Hilde had been so full of life even when she was completely silent and standing still...

'I'm already thinking in past tense! I can't give up hope! I can't!' Sally's eyes narrowed, "I will not give up hope. I will not."

Galea meowed from where she was perched on Sally's shoulder and the healer took that as agreement.

    *

Dorothy watched as women were taken away and sold all day. They even took Crone away, but returned with her... She was the only one they returned with... Nattie also stayed, but that was because they didn't sell soldiers till the second day... 'I'll be sold the second day...' It seemed the slave market was held for three days, it could go on longer, but three days was the usual time it lasted. The first day was for the workers, the feeble, the old. The second day was for soldiers, gladiators, mages, and sorceresses. The third day was for nobles and courtesans.

They had argued much about which day suited her, but had finally decided they didn't want to deal with her longer than necessary. It seemed it had been quite a long time since Trant had captured a witch, the last had been the one to start the prophecy, and many were nervous about having her around... Even Trant, though he tried to hide it... The only people that didn't seem nervous or scared of her were Edward, the mage hated sorceresses and seemed to find it amusing to leave hints of what she might expect from her master, the hints were never pleasant things, and the other man was none other but the very brute that had knocked her out, Rashid. He'd told her his name somewhere around noon and he'd slipped her a piece of fresh bread... Rumor had it that he'd once been a slave or almost a slave and had a soft spot for the slaves. She'd talked a bit with him about that and wondered why he didn't hate her since she was from the Dawn lands where he could've been enslaved... When she'd asked, he'd just shrugged and said it was in fate's hands.

Since that morning the day had sort of rolled into one... She tried to talk to others, like Rashid, but Nattie's words kept coming back to haunt her. She was a half-breed. The very thought made her feel queasy and dizzy all at once. It just couldn't be possible, but... Dorothy kept staring at her nails and she'd felt her teeth twice now...

So damn dizzy...

"Damn, Dorothy!" Nattie's slurring accent echoed in her ears as the large woman kneeled beside her. "What ya be playin' with?" The woman grabbed Dorothy's arm and ripped the wet cloth away. The sorceress blinked, 'wet?'

Crone waddled over and was soon peering at Dorothy's bloody arm as Nattie cleaned the blood away. It didn't seem to matter though... More blood kept spilling over from a dozen little slashes... All perfectly neat and straight.    Dorothy watched as Nattie cursed and began trying to wrap ripped pieces of clothing around the bleeding arm.

"Part of me, you see. It's a part of me." Dorothy chuckled wildly; "I'm going to die. I'm going to die in here because of that damn dagger." She stared as blood soaked through the ragged bandages, "Look. So red... So dark, so angry, so red..."

"She be panickin'." Nattie told the silent Crone and reared back her and slapped Dorothy hard. "Snap out of it!"

Dorothy winced and rubbed her cheek with her free arm, "Burn you! Burn you and Duo and this entire place! Burn it all to bloody ashes!" She slumped against the bars and stared toward the sky. "Purple dusk... It's ending, isn't it? My ending."

"Gods, she be loosin' too much..."

Nattie's voice seemed so far away now. Dorothy focused on the purple sky and smiled. Purple like violet... Duo had violet eyes. She wondered what Duo was doing right now... She giggled, then frowned as dots danced in her vision... Large black dots... Why was everything spinning? She reached out for something, anything, to help balance herself but she was falling... Falling...

"Help."

Inside... Something shattered with one whispered word as Dorothy fell into unconsciousness.

    *

"Help."

Quatre's head jerked upward as the simple whispered word seemed to caress his face. "Dorothy..." The strange rage lurking in his eyes faded and his feet slowed to a stop, no longer chasing after the thundering footsteps ahead.    "Dorothy." He turned around, his eyes closed, and felt for her and smiled. He could feel her once again... It was as if the shield she'd used to keep him out had cracked... It was murky, it was hard to catch hold of a single emotion or thought... But still... A crack.

The things he could feel however made the smile disappear. She seemed to be falling into blackness and terror, disbelief, anger, pain, worry, affection, sorrow... The woman was a whirlwind of emotions, but mainly he sensed the blackness.

The two Dawn warriors running from him had to be the healer and that soldier... It was the only logical explanation, if others were with the female he'd killed then they'd likely have helped her in the Moon's camp or when he'd fought her... And they knew about him obviously. He sighed and began walking back toward the entrance.

That left very little chance for him to spy and kill them at Millardo's signal... Well, he'd already killed one... Maybe he'd just have to hunt them down separately... But whatever he decided he was not going to continue this chase through the mountains. They were accompanied by others now, he could vaguely sense strong elemental magicks in earth in those that led the two Dawn warriors, and he wasn't going to risk being killed by some earth sorceresses or mages.

No... He had his heart set on somewhere a bit farther. Quatre searched Dorothy's quiet mind, she seemed to be sleeping now... "Ransik." He breathed the country's name out and smiled again. Quatre raised a finger to his lips and kissed it, then raised it to the sky. "I will find you, Dorothy... We belong together."

Quatre began walking, whistling a happy tune as he did.

   *

Relena stared outside as the sun lowered in the distance. This country was so barren; the land stripped of its natural beauty to produce merchandise to be purchased by other countries. Only the large forest seemed to have escaped the people's greed, but even it had stumps here and there. This city was so... She shuddered to remember how the slaves had been poked and prodded like cattle. 'Even back home we treat them-.' The thought paused and she bit her lower lip. 'Do we treat them better? These people are treated like cattle... Aren't most men treated like pampered cattle? Mother... I have to end this. I have to!' She turned and silently watched her strange protector. Heero was sharpening one of his daggers and she shivered, remembering what she had done with the one he'd given her.

Her gaze lowered to her gloved hands and she tried to push away her fears. She couldn't stand the sight of her own hands anymore... They seemed to be covered in blood, it had soaked into her skin... 'I'll never escape the guilt and shame of what I've done. He tells me to use whatever weapons available, but what if I misuse this weapon? What have I become? What has happened to me?!' She wrapped her arms around her body and licked her dry lips.

'So much death. It seems to follow me. This innkeeper died so painfully... What happened to him? Is there plague? Mother, I want to go home, but what home? The Galaxy Court has fallen...' Her eyes hardened as she remembered the gossip she'd heard when watching the slave auction yesterday. They said a new court had arose. The Moon's Court, the Moon's Capital. A man ruled the Dawn lands. It was a horror that had plagued her dreams.

'Who is he? How is he doing this? How did his army hide from us for so long? Mages? Male mages... How many? Will I ever reclaim my throne? Or will this be my life? Traveling in secret with Heero?' She eyed the Panther. 'What they did to him was cruel, but... He's crude, harsh, uncaring, aggressive. He is a panther in all ways except flesh.'

'He told me his name.' She rubbed her arms with her gloved hands.

"Do you want to see the auction today?" He suddenly asked, causing her to jump and lower her eyes, embarrassed at being caught staring at him for so long. She had a feeling he knew exactly when her eyes had fallen on him and that they had been there the entire time.

"No..."

"You might see someone you know." He told her in his usual serious voice as he stood and sheathed the blade.

"What do you mean?"

"They sell sorceresses, gladiators, soldiers, and mages. They have a sorceress from your lands." He watched her closely as she paled and lurched forward.

"We have to go! I can't let one of my subjects be sold!" Heero nodded, as if he had suspected as much, and handed her the dagger he'd been sharpening.

"Keep close to me, use this if anyone comes too close, and if you wish to buy your fellow human then I will bid for her."

"Thank you, Heero." Relena answered softly, reaching out to lightly place a hand on his arm. "For everything. I will keep my promise, Heero. I will change you back." He merely nodded and waited for her to put on the hooded cloak, then they set out for the slave market.

     *

Duo stood upon the harsh ground, tensed like a cat ready to pounce. His tense muscles sent any cut-purse quickly walking the other way looking for easier prey. His violet eyes with their strange, mad-like gleam were locked on the small stage. By sheer luck, Une had heard that they were selling Dorothy as a sorceress instead of a noble. Today, he'd buy her back, make sure she was okay, and then... He'd kill Trant.

A commotion was starting near one of the cages and he growled under his breath, ignoring the concerned looks Une and Solo sent his way. 'I'm not mad, yet.' He chuckled at that, but cut it short when he felt their eyes on him again.

Movement caught his eye and he glanced toward his left where two people were forcing their way through the crowd. It was the changeling and the cloaked figure. Duo had seen the changeling two more times since first noticing him. If he hadn't been in such a hurry to get to Dorothy in the stables, he would have seen the residues of magic and the man's way of moving and acting before. The second time Duo had noticed him he had seen the residue and knew instantly that the man was a changeling... And he knew that the changeling knew what he was. He knew that Duo was an elf and whoever the cloaked figure was... The changeling kept a close eye on any that came closer than a foot to the hooded figure.

A voice was yelling from behind the stage, "Ya can't be serious! She be dyin'! She be not able to stand!"

A smooth voice spoke up, "She will stand and she will not die. What say you, lady?"

No answer came and the voice turned harsh. "I healed her now sell her!" A figure stormed off and Duo watched the man with the strange, conical hat for a second before turning his attention on the man that had just stepped up stage, shoving a young woman before him. She swayed and nearly fell, but a larger man grabbed her and righted her with unusual gentleness. Duo's breath caught and he lunged forward, only to have Solo and Une grab an arm each and hold him back.

Dorothy raised blinking eyes toward the crowd and shook her head. She was seeing spots. She felt so dizzy and already the wounds the mage, Edward, had healed were starting to reopen. She wanted to cry, but she wouldn't give Trant the benefit of seeing her weep. It hurt. Mother, it hurt. She stumbled and Rashid righted her again and she wanted to thank him, but nothing came out when she opened her mouth.

Her eyes darted over the unfamiliar faces as the bidding started. A sorceress was rare in these parts and the wealthy had come out to see if she was worth anything. Trant had started describing her powers and she would've snorted if she didn't feel so light-headed. Half the things he was saying were impossible and the other half were too idiotic to even think about.

"A hundred gold marks!" A vaguely familiar masculine voice huskily called out, but Dorothy could feel her legs shaking and suddenly Rashid was there, holding her up.

"Two hundred." Another male called out and a hush fell over the crowd. She wondered who had caused it, but didn't particular care.

"Three hundred!"

"Four hundred."

"Five hundred!"

"Six hundred." This was a new voice, a feminine voice that caused people to begin to murmur. In the crowd, Relena stepped forward, keeping her hood firmly in place. She knew that woman and she would set Dorothy free, but then what? Death for killing her mother or a joyful and tearful hug for finding her best friend alive? A vague dream plagued her thoughts as she called out the last bid. She had had a dream once where Dorothy had told her to find her. Now she had... What would she do now? She needed information. She needed to know, without a shadow of a doubt, that Dorothy was the Advisor she'd trusted so much and the friend she'd loved so much still.

A strong hand grasped her arm and she turned to stare into the cold eyes of the Panther. "I told you I would bid."

"That's Dorothy." She whispered back and his hand suddenly loosened. She'd revealed enough to him for him to realize who Dorothy exactly was. Relena stiffened as she felt eyes on her and turned to meet the maniacal violet eyes of the Elysian elf. She shivered and backed up into Heero who stared back at the elf with a dangerous gleam in his dark blue eyes.

"Seven hundred." Duo called out slowly, turning his face back to the stage where Dorothy leaned into the support the silent giant offered. She was so pale and his sharp eyes picked out faint lines of blood soaking through the dirty dress; it wasn't the one she'd disappeared in, but a plain brown work dress. Her eyes were closed and her breathing came out slow... Ever so slowly.

"My King, we have only a thousand gold marks." Solo whispered into his ear and Duo's hands closed into tight fists.

"Eight hundred." The hooded female yelled, her voice calm and clear.

"A thousand gold marks." Silence once again descended, then in a voice like crystal, the mystery woman responded.

"A thousand and one hundred gold marks."

        A tremor swept through his body and one hand reached out toward Dorothy before his knees gave out and he was falling. Solo and Une caught him quickly and he cried bitterly as Trant called out that Dorothy was sold to the mystery woman and the changeling.

 *

Relena and Heero quickly met up with the driver and Dorothy and Relena ignored the man as he explained about the collar around Dorothy's neck. Relena just went straight to Dorothy and helped her stand, ignoring the strange looks the giant gave her. "Dorothy? Can you hear me, Dorothy?" She whispered, but Dorothy merely tossed her head and muttered something about a dagger.

Heero strode over and hefted Dorothy into his arms as if she weighed little more than a silver penny. Relena gasped, "She's bleeding!" He grunted and began walking toward the woods instead of the inn. "Where are you going? She needs help!"

"The elf is coming after us. He wants her. We have to leave now." Relena felt an icy finger climb up her spine at his words and she glanced over her shoulder toward the elf. Right now, he was being supported by the tall woman and man whom Heero said were also elves.

They entered the woods and the gentle music of nature and wildlife was strangely soothing after the bustle of the city of Ransik. "I think we should stop and check on her, Heero."

He hesitated; they had been walking for only a few minutes, but finally he nodded and slowly lowered the bleeding woman onto the forest floor. Dorothy moaned and Relena caught a faint word, "Duo..." Relena winced as she pulled the dress sleeve away with her gloved hands and hissed. "It looks like someone slashed her arm!"

"Step away from her." A cold voice intoned behind them and Heero spun around, his sword in one hand.    Relena threw the cloak out of her way and hesitantly clutched the dagger Heero had loaned her. The three elves stared back at them with cool, deadly intent. The speaker was the violet-eyed youth and his eyes widened at the sight of Dorothy. "No! No!"

Heero took the chance to lunge forward, but was quickly stopped by two, strangely thin swords. The violet elf stepped forward and fell to his knees beside Relena and she flinched. He gently caressed Dorothy's pale face, then slowly removed a dagger from his belt. Relena's eyes widened and she lunged at him, "NO!"

He knocked her own dagger out of her hand and stared at her with shocked eyes, which quickly clouded over with anger. "Get off of me!" Duo shoved her off and moved toward Dorothy once more, but Relena stood and ripped her gloves off.

"STOP!" Pure feminine magicks raged within her and she pointed at him, "Stop." Wind roared around her and the earth trembled beneath her feet, and a fire raged behind her eyes where blood-colored dots danced. She released it and the elf flew backwards and slammed into a tree before sliding to the ground. Behind her she could hear the sounds of metal hitting metal, announcing the fight between the two elves and Heero.

She fought down the blood rage then gasped as the elf slowly stood up and advanced toward her. He no longer looked human, but unearthly. His skin was as pale as Dorothy's and his eyes were like a feline's. His teeth were sharpened points, as were his fingernails, and he had an air of wildness to him.

"So, you want to play. Well, let's play." He hissed and Relena smiled, as the blood rage took over.

 *

Heero lunged toward the Elysian's unguarded left arm and his sword cut a thin line across the elf's flesh. Une already lay unconscious on the ground. She'd enter the fight too arrogantly, thinking the changeling would be no match for the two of them and now... Solo wasn't sure if he'd be able to defeat him. In the distance, magicks fought against magicks as the strange girl and Duo fought near Dorothy's prone body.

The changeling faltered and turned, his eyes on the girl. He took a step forward, but Solo slashed across the man's black vest and Heero turned back around. He let out a yowl of outrage and lurched forward.

    *

Something called for her. Something called for Dorothy and she struggled to answer it. But it was hard. Two things called for her, but one was bad while the other would help her. She didn't know which one... One was coming after her... One would take her away while the other wanted to merely work with her and be a part of her life.

Which? Which to answer? One was close... And she was so tired... If it was the bad one, the one that would take her away, then so be it. She just wanted the pain to end. She reached out blindly and her hand closed around the cold hilt of a dagger. It warmed at her touch and pain flared inside.

Dorothy sat up and screamed as pain laced through her arm. She could feel her skin knitting together as the dagger was reunited with her. Life awakened inside her cold, light body and she screamed again. Someone was yelling and she closed her mouth, struggling to hear and struggling to clear her eyes. Everything was still so hazy.

Someone screamed and she recognized the clang, clang of swords... Thought it was more of a clang, chime... As if one of the swords was trying to play music each time it connected with the other. She raised a trembling hand to her face and rubbed her eyes... Sight was returning to here and hearing, too, and she stared at her blood-covered arm. The wounds she'd made with the blood dagger were slowly knitting together, the flesh turning a soft, pinkish white color as she healed. The blood dagger continued to pulse in her hand and her eyes darted to it. It was low on blood and getting lower each second her healing continued. It was returning her life force... It was saving her life... But she couldn't be too grateful toward it. After all, without it she wouldn't need it's help.

It was a part of her and she didn't believe she'd ever be free of it. It would always be a part of her. Always. Dorothy sighed and licked her dry lips, pulling her eyes away from the dagger and onto the scene before her. It shocked her to her very soul.

Duo had dropped his human illusion and the air around him seemed to crackle, the land around him was a shattered mess of earth and blackened trees. He snarled at a woman that stood across from him. A woman who stood with her head proudly raised and her hair billowing out around her. Her fingers were curled like claws and her eyes were the color of blood... And her hands... Her hands were stained red. Dorothy gasped and reached out toward her Queen. 'She invoked the blood rage! Relena!'

The area around Relena was made up of trees that seemed to have been split, as if by lightning, and she smiled coldly at Duo. In the distance, Dorothy spotted Une slumped against a tree and Solo fighting a figure dressed in black... That figure...

'He took Relena away... I saw him, but... I was so distressed over what I'd just done. She's alive. Relena's alive! But what has she done to herself? What has happened to her?' Dorothy's eyes widened as a glow began to surround the Reborn Dawn, her Queen and best friend. Relena's twisted smile widened as she struck out with a twist of wind and earth. The wind tore through the ground and Dorothy watched in horror as the wind shot up, pulling the earth with it. Duo disappeared under the onslaught and she lunged forward, forgetting her tired and exhausted body for a second as she pulled up her own elemental magick of wind and threw it at Relena.

Relena, of course, could feel the spell, even see it, and she spun around in surprise, her eyes widening and the blood slowly fading from her blue eyes. Then Dorothy screamed as her own spell slammed into her because of the collar she still wore. She was flung back into a tree and dots danced across her vision as her head slammed into the trunk.

"Dorothy." Relena whispered and a tear slid down her face. "You were going to... You were going to use magick against me?" Old pain and new pain coursed through her, "TRAITOR!" She pointed at Dorothy as the Advisor slowly struggled to stand. A bolt of lightning flew from her fingertip and dots of red danced in her eyes.

A figure moved with the grace of a feline and Relena stood in stunned silence as the elf took the bolt meant for Dorothy. He yelled, his hands clutching his stomach, blood poured from between his fingers, and he fell to his knees.

"NO! MOTHER, NO!" Dorothy ran, half stumbling, till she could kneel beside Duo. "Duo... No, Mother... Duo!" She helped him lie down so his head rested in her lap and Dorothy stared at his wound. "You can survive this, Duo. It's just a scratch! Just a tiny scratch!" Tears slid down her pale face and dripped onto his.

Duo stared up at her and gave her a trembling smile. "A miracle."

"Oh, Mother, please..." Dorothy whispered.

"You do have a heart." He closed his eyes and Dorothy sobbed as his breathing slowly to a stop and his chest failed to rise.

"Live, Duo. Please. You promised me." Her eyes narrowed and she began to shake him. "You promised me! YOU PROMISED ME!" Dorothy slammed her fists into his chest, "YOU PROMISED!"

In the distance, Solo and Heero stopped fighting to watch the scene and Solo's sword fell to the ground as he watched the human female yell at his dead cousin. The woman that had killed him stood just a few feet away and a tremor took her and she fell to the ground.

"I don't know what to do!" Relena screamed and Heero was by her side in an instant. She stared at him; "I'm so confused..."

"You promised to stay with me. You promised..." The blonde sorceress turned tear-filled eyes toward Relena and the pain in her eyes caused Relena to flinch. "My Dawn, you have exacted a most worthy punishment for the death of your mother."

     *

Hilde struggled to raise her body, but her arms... Mother, her arms hurt so much. She gasped as pain seared through her and she fell, her face slamming against the cold dirt ground, a leaf tickled at her nose, and she laughed bitterly till tears began to stubbornly stream down her face. She had known one day she'd die, but not like this... In war, maybe. In the arena, probably... But those were clean deaths, this... This was hell.

She vaguely wondered where the catriffin had disappeared off to, then her thoughts froze as nearby a twig snapped. Her breathing came in and out in short little gasps. He was coming back to finish the job. She'd show him. He could kill her, but for the rest of his miserable life he'd remember her every time he glanced into a mirror.

A figure stepped into the clearing and cool gray eyes surveyed the damage. Midii kneeled beside Hilde and gently helped the other woman to sit up. "Hold still." The Spy Mistress ordered as she took one of the burned arms, her touch surprisingly sooth and Hilde watched warily. She hissed as Midii slowly poured a steady stream of water onto her arm from the Spy Mistress's canteen. After dripping half the water on the two arms, Midii looked around. She stood and walked toward a nearby bush and began pulling large greenish berries from a shrub.

"What are those for?" Hilde asked, her throat better now that Midii had also dribbled a thin line of water down her sore throat.

"The green are for your burns." Midii attacked another nearby bush and began pulling tiny blue berries from it. "These are to dull the pain."

"I didn't realize you were a healer." The blood warrior's evident surprise showed in her tone and Midii smiled bitterly.

"A spy has to be prepared. We are taught the arts of herbs and plants for quick relief during a mission." She walked back toward Hilde and squeezed one of the large green berries over Hilde's burnt arm. The berry's juices dripped onto the burns and Midii continued till each arm was thoroughly covered in the berries' juices. Then Midii pulled a leaf from a lamb's ear plant and used the remaining berries to coat the leaf. Hilde watched as the Spy Mistress took the leaf and carefully rubbed it across her arms, massaging the berries' strange healing juices into her burnt skin. Once through Midii then stood up and stepped back as Hilde flexed her arm, her eyes wide with disbelief. The blood warrior shook her head then began to pop the blue berries into her mouth at a shocking rate.

"Now, what happened here?" Midii asked, leaning against a tree as she kept a close eye on both Hilde and the surrounding woods.

Between mouthfuls Hilde explained her fight with the bard-mage and how it had ended. She told of how Sally and a strange male warrior named Wufei had run deep into the mountains to escape the mage and how Galea had suddenly appeared to help her gather the resolve to dig out of her earthy prison.

Midii listened, her face an unreadable mask, then she slowly nodded once the blood warrior finished. "So, I was right... Something has happened before I could reach the Dawn. Have you seen Relena or Noin?"

"I was with Captain Noin after the battle at the Dawn's Capital, but we separated soon after. I haven't seen the Dawn at all. Is she... Is she alive?"

"Relena is alive." 'But is Cathie?'

"He's going to attack the Galaxy Court." Hilde muttered and Midii glanced sharply at her.

"What did you just say?"

"The Moon. He was planning on attacking the Galaxy Court that's why we separated. I fear he already has... And that he's succeeded."

Midii's eyes widened and Hilde watched in shock as the Spy Mistress suddenly turned and began heaving beside the tree. She quickly finished and wiped her mouth, not paying attention to the warrior anymore. 'I knew... Mother, I knew! I knew she was in danger! I never... I never told you... I'm sorry, Cathie.'

     *

First of, I just want to thank every single person that has reviewed and sent me emails. Your kind comments have inspired me though this whole ordeal and I hope I continue to meet your high standards with this chapter and the ones to come after. *^_^* Till then, Ciao and Thanx! - Figgy