Deception and Lies

Prologue

 

 

Hilde sat upright on the bed and stared at the man next to her. She quickly grabbed the sheets around her and pulled them to cover up her nude body. Her hand clasped tightly onto the sheet she held just above her chest. She felt the sting of hot tears that were starting to build up in her eyes as she watched the man beside her breath. 

How could she do this? How could she sleep with another man when she was supposed to marry Duo in less than a month? And to make things worse is whom she slept with, and in the bed that she shared with Duo.

Hilde jumped slightly as he moved to get off of the bed. She moved back against the headboard and pressed her hand against her chest. She could feel her body start to tremble and the tears silently spilled down her face. She kept her eyes glued to the sheets, as he got dressed. 

Why did this happen? Why did she let it happen? Why did he let it happen? How could she face Duo after what she did?

'Duo.' She glanced over at the clock. He would be home any minute. She felt the bed shift as weight was put on it. She looked to see him sitting on the bed staring at her.

"It would be wise if you didn't say anything to Duo, unless you want to ruin your future with him." His eyes filled with anger and such intensity that it made her tremble. "Promise that you won't say a word. We both have to much at stake right now."

Her eyes went wide when she heard the door downstairs open and Duo's voice as he yelled out her name. She looked back to see him glaring at her. 

"Promise or I'll make the situation look questionable when he walks into this room."

"How could you want to do this to Duo?" Her voice was shaky.

"I have my reasons." He smirked. 

"Hilde! Where are you babe?" Duo's voice reached the room as he made his way up the steps.

"What's it going to be Hilde?" He reached his hands up and started to unbutton his shirt.

"Ok, I promise, please don't." she whispered.

She looked back at the door when she heard the handle turn. He heart started to pound, she closed her eyes and a few more tears slid down her cheeks. She felt sick to her stomach as the door opened and Duo stepped in and his footsteps come to a stop.

"Hey Hilde, what's wrong?" Duo started to walk toward the bed. 

Hilde opened her eyes and looked at Duo. She let out a sobbing choke as she looked around the room and seen the window open. He was gone.

Duo sat down on the bed next to her and pulled her into arms and held her tightly. "What's wrong Hilde?"

"Duo I...just hold me." She buried her face against his chest and breathed in his scent. She didn't want to loose Duo. She couldn't loose him. But she deserved to after what she did. 

The man stood on the sidewalk just outside Duo and Hilde's house. With a smug look on his face he smirked at the thought that he just got his revenge on Duo. He watched the window of their room for a few minutes more before he decided to leave. 

He knew for sometime now that Hilde had a small crush on him. It was obvious by the way that she acted around him. The smiles, the quick glances that she gave him during the week when he stayed here a few weeks back. And whenever they just happen to end up in a room alone together she would pretend that she was busy with something as she watched every move that he made. 

'That little tramp better not say a damn word or I'll kill her. Duo will be better off without her anyway.' 

He checked his pocket to make sure that he didn't drop his ticket back at the house when he and Hilde had their little moment of passion as they tore of each others clothing. It was still there. He pulled it out and looked it over. 

'I'm coming home Relena, and when I do it will be time for you to confess the truth to me.'