Deceptions and Lies Chapter 12

 

Relena sighed and flipped thorough the last of the paper work for the day. After signing the last document she closed the folder and leaned back in her chair. She quickly found herself thinking about Heero. It had been almost a month since she saw him last. Lady Une had sent him and Wufei to check up on a few things on one of the new colonies that started to be built five years ago, before the war started. She hadn't heard from him much, just the promise that he would be back by their daughters first birthday, and that was two days away. 

Her vid-phone beeped letting her know that she had an incoming call. Relena smiled when she took notice it was Duo.

"Hay there Relena."

"Hello Duo."

"I don't know if Heero got a hold of you. But I thought that I would let you know that Heero and Wufei are on their way back and should be home this evening." Seeing the smile that broke across Relena's face made Duo smile.

"No he hadn't, but thanks for letting me know." 

"You know, you can always drop Katelyn off with Hilde and me. I'm sure that Josh would like to have a playmate for an evening. And it will give you and Heero some time to be alone." Duo stretched the word alone adding a hit of sexiness behind it. 

Relena tried to hide the blush that formed. "I'll think about it."

"Come on Relena, the two of you were meant for each other. One of you has to make a move sooner or later."

"I don't know if I'm ready to start a relationship with Heero just yet."

"Relena, Heero's been an excellent father. He has proven way beyond a doubt that he isn't the same man that believed that we where having an affair more than a year ago. And besides it's written all over your face that you want him."

"Duo!" Relena stared at him shocked.

"You love him don't you?" 

"I've always loved him, he's just managed to put stress on that love."

Duo smirked when he got the response that he was hoping to get. "And, that love is getting back to what you once held in your heart for him right?" She nodded at his question. "Hold on a sec Relena." Relena watched as Duo turned his attention off screen to talk to someone. After a few moments Duo looked at her and smiled. "Sorry about that, I just found out that we have a damn officers meeting in the morning. I'm sure that Heero and Wufei are going to be beyond grumpy in the morning, I better get going before I become a member of their group tomorrow."

Relena smiled. "I've got a few things that I have to do before I leave the office for the night anyway. Tell Hilde hi and give Josh a kiss for me. And yes, I will think about what you just offered." She had to include that knowing that Duo would bring it up again.

"Ok Relena, see you later."

"Bye Duo." Turning off the transmission Relena leaned back in her chair. Duo was right about one thing. Heero was a good father.

She thought about the first time that she had an emergency meeting and swung by Preventer Headquarters dropping Katelyn off with Heero for a few hours. He gave her a look of protest, she took it as a, 'I don't what the guys to see my weak side look'. But once she came to pick Katelyn up Relena found Heero sprawled out on the floor wiggling a toy in Katelyn's face and laughing quietly whenever she giggled.

After filing the folder she was working on, Relena headed home. Relieving her nanny for the evening, Relena smiled at her daughter who was sleeping peacefully in her room before heading to her own. Glancing over at the bed she smirked as she thought what it would be like to share her bed with Heero again. She couldn't deny it to herself that she wanted Heero. She has for quite some time now, it was just hard for her to admit to Heero that she was ready to give their relationship another chance. 

She found it hard to move on with her life, thanks to a nagging feeling in her heart, and Heero. He had made sure that anytime that they talked or seen each other, to make it clear that he loved her. Every conversation on the phone ended with I love you. Every time that they were together with Katelyn he would kiss her cheek goodbye and say those three words. And that slowly started to tear down the walls that she build up around him to protect herself.

After taking a bath and getting ready for bed Relena turned on the baby monitor and collapsed on the bed. She was looking forward to seeing Heero. She had a few things about the party that she wanted to ask him, and maybe see what he would think about taking Duo up on his offer of watching Katelyn.

´´´´´ªªªªª

Hilde stared at her wedding band that has never left her finger since it was placed there four months ago and smiled. If it hadn't been for Heero's nagging at Duo they probably wouldn't have gotten married so soon. She knew that Duo wanted this, but she had a feeling that he still wasn't ready. 

Hilde smiled as she thought about Heero's words to Duo when he had come over to dinner one night.

'You two practically are married, you're living together and you have a child together. You're already committed to each other, you may as well make it finial. It won't make that much of a difference in your relationship.'

She didn't want to bring marriage up to Duo, so she once again felt like she owed Heero. His words had made an impact on Duo. Duo had acted differently for the first three days that Heero had said those words to him. And a week later he asked Hilde to marry him.  

Both Hilde and Duo felt like they had to do something for Heero. Heero's relationship with Relena was progressing very slowly, and as much as those two seemed to fit together, they were starting to slip away from each other. Relena was always busy with meetings and traveling, and Heero was always strapped down with paperwork or decoding things for the Preventers. 

Even Duo and Hilde's great plan at their wedding, to make sure that Relena caught the bouquet and Heero caught the garter, still didn't push the two of them in the right direction. Even though it was very entertaining to see Zechs ready to kill Heero, and being held back by Noin. Relena was blushing and watching Heero's every move, it was very clear what she was possibly thinking. Even Heero couldn't hide the blush on his cheeks as Relena raised her dress well above her knee for Heero to move the garter up further. It seemed as though the two of them were going to work something out, only for them to be strapped down by work.

Hearing the door open Hilde knew that Duo was home from work.

"Hi Hilde. Where's my little guy?"

"He's finally taking a nap after I've tried to put him down numerous times, so please keep it down."

"Sure no problem, I was hoping to have some time with you anyway." Walking over to Hilde, Duo gave her a kiss on the cheek before plopping down on the couch next to her. "So how was your day babe?"

Hilde gave him a look that clearly read 'I'm tired as hell, I've had no time to myself, and I still have to cook for you'. 

Duo pulled Hilde into his arms and held her. "You look tired, why don't you take a bath and I'll take care of Josh if he wakes up. And don't worry about dinner, I'll order takeout Ok?"

Hilde turned around in his arms until she was straddling him. "How about I fill the tub and you join me?" Rocking her hips to tease Duo, she gasped as he grabbed her hips then nipped at her neck.

"You better get that bath going before I take care of this right now." Duo growled in her ear. 

Hilde slowly climbed off of him, while running her hands down over the fabric of his shirt until she came to his pants. Running a hand down further she smirked when she felt how hard he was. 

Duo quickly smacked her on the butt, making Hilde jump slightly. "You better get moving, you're causing trouble."

Smirking Hilde took Duo's hand and gave a slight tug to tell him to get to his feet. "I plan to cause much trouble tonight Duo." Duo let Hilde lead him toward the bathroom, but stopped when the phone rang. 

"Sorry babe I have to take that." Pulling her close against his body he kissed her to let her know that she was the one that would be in for it tonight. "I'll be back, get the water going, I'll make the call quick, then we'll see who's the one that's going to cause trouble."

 Hilde crossed her arms as Duo walked toward the kitchen. "It better be quick, or you're the one that's going to be in real trouble Duo Maxwell."

Picking up the line Duo saw Heero's cold emotionless face. "You know Heero, you really really interrupted something. Call back later." Duo was about to terminate the link when Heero stopped him.

"Don't hang up Duo, or I'll come over there."

"Ok, what's going on Heero?"

"I need you to watch Katelyn tomorrow."

"Oh really. Well, I'm sorry but I'm busy tomorrow."

"Duo, I really need you to do this for me. I have been thinking a lot for the past month that I've been gone. I need to talk to Relena."

Duo smirked "Only if you make a move on her."

Heero stared at him blankly. "What?"

"You heard me. One of you needs to make a move."

"Duo, do you know something that I don't?"

Duo kept a serious face as he shook his head. "I don't know anything. But I will watch Katelyn, as long as you promise me that you will do more than tell Relena that you love her. If you don't then you could possibly be making a huge mistake."

"You know something. What did she tell you?"

Duo smiled then chuckled. "Drop Katelyn off after six, I'll see you tomorrow at the meeting." Duo quickly terminated the link and unplugged the phone. 'Nothing is going to interrupt the rest of the evening.' Striping his clothes off on the way to the bathroom, Duo quickly hurried to join his waiting wife.