Deceptions and Lies Chapter 4

 

Relena sat down in her office and sighed. She finally had some free time to herself for the rest of the afternoon. She had decided to catch up on a few reports that she was a few days behind on. She turned on her computer and started to open the file when Duo came bursting into her office.

"Relena, you need to come with me now."

"Duo what are you doing here? I thought that you were suppose to be on L3?"

Duo quickly moved to her side and grabbed her by the arm. "He knows Relena."

"He knows?"

"Heero knows."

Relena jumped out of her seat the second that it hit her and followed Duo down the hallway as quickly as possible. "Oh God how did he find out?"

"I'm sorry. It's my fault, I told him."

Relena stopped in her tracks. "You told him."

Duo stopped and turned around to face her. "I had to, It's a long story as to why, but it's one that you need to know. It starts off with the fact that Heero thought that you and I were having an affair."

"What?"

Duo placed a finger over her lips. He took a deep breath and looked down at the floor. He couldn't look her in the eyes because of what he knew. "Relena, you need to talk to Heero. After you talk to him, you and I can get together if you need to talk." He took his finger away from her lips and looked at her.

"He did something didn't he?" She could feel her heart starting to twist and along with it came the slow feeling of nausea.

"Just talk to him. I'll stay outside his office incase you need me."

Once they reached Heero's office on the other side of the building. Relena paused at the door before she opened it. She walked in leaving the door open because Duo had suggested it. She immediately took notice that Heero had pulled the heavy curtains shut. The room was dark except the light that creped in from the hallway.

"Heero." She heard the creaking sound of the chair at the desk as it swung around. She gasped when she seen that he was holding his gun in his hand.

"Relena get out and close the door."

"No, we need to talk Heero. I won't leave until you talk to me and tell me what you thought was going on."

He smirked and slowly pointed the gun at her. "Get out now. Or would you want me to be responsible for the murder of two people?"

She placed a hand on her stomach. "You wouldn't kill your own child would you?"

 He let out a low distrustful laugh. "My child?"

"Yes Heero, your child."

He lowered the gun to look at her. "What did Duo tell you?"

"That you think that he and I were having an affair." She took a step toward him and stopped when she seen him raise the gun. "How could you think that Duo and I would do something like that to you? Duo thinks of you as a brother and loves Hilde more than anything. And I love you and only you Heero. I always will."

He let out his deep laugh once again and placed the gun down on the desk turning it around to face him and pushing it toward the edge of the desk near Relena. "You may want to use that."

She shook her head. "Why? What ever made you think that we would do something like that to the both of you?"

"The two of you looked pretty close down by the pond a few weeks back." 

"The pond?" Her eyes went wide when she remembered what happened. "I slipped and Duo caught me. What's so close about that? It was only a friend helping another friend."

"It was what happened afterward. The words of secrets kept and snuggling."

"It was a friendly hug. Duo and I have been able to talk to each other about our problems and we lend each other support. What you thought you saw never existed Heero." She could feel the panic start to build as he picked his gun back up and turned his chair so he didn't have to look at her. She quickly walked around the desk and kneeled between his legs and placed her hands on the sides of his face. "I wanted to talk to someone about the baby. I was too nervous to tell you, too scared because we just started out relationship. I had no idea if you would have fled or stayed. And the fear of loosing you was what kept me from telling you.  Duo wanted to talk about selling the business so he would have more time for a family." She took the gun out of his hands and sat it back down on the desk. She then looked at him and smiled. "I love you Heero. I want a family with you, and Duo wants a family with Hilde."

Heero slowly shook his head. "No, I ruined that chance for the both of you."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. "You didn't do anything."

"No." He pushed her away. "You have no idea. You'll hate me for what I did."

She looked confused and hurt then it quickly vanished as a warm smile crossed her face. "Nothing that you did would cause me to hate you."

He grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her. "You will hate me. I hurt you, Duo and Hilde just by doing one thing." He let go of her shoulders and dropped his hands on his lap. "I.... I slept with Hilde."

Relena went to place a hand on top of his only to have it smacked away. 

"Didn't you hear me? I said I fucked Hilde!"

She shook her head. "No. Stop this Heero." 

"Get out Relena!"

"Heero."

He quickly grabbed his gun and pointed at the wall behind her and fired the gun. Relena ducked and screamed. "I said get out!"

Relena quickly ran out of the room just as she turned she heard him fire the gun again and the bullet collided with the wall across the hallway causing the wood paneling to splinter just by her face. Duo quickly grabbed her by the wrist and took off down the hallway with her. He looked back over his shoulder hoping that Heero wouldn't come after her.

Heero continued to sit in his office staring at his gun. He opened the chamber and smirked as he took the bullets out and placed one back in. He spun the chamber and snapped it closed. Then he placed it against this temple and decided that fate would decide if he lived or died. He closed his eyes and pulled the trigger.