Prologue

Disclaimer: I don''t own Gundam Wing. Damn!

A.C. 197

I hopped down the stairs happily. A duffel bag slug over my shoulder holding all my items. Today was the beginning of my new life. . .again.

I had come a 8 months ago with my brother, Sebastian Janus. Our parents had died in a shuttle accident and we were having trouble, finically. Then we meet his old friends from the academy, Noin, and Zechs, now known as Millardo Peacecraft. They were going back after there little ''vacation'' and took us with them.

Now we lived with them, and Relena Peacecraft which we instantly came best friends. Her friends the Gundam Pilots, and the girls. I became a gang member as I called it. I became friends with all of them or at least as friendly as you can get with Wufei. We get along fine but, the ''woman are weaklings'' shit causes ill words. The feeling is neutral.

Trowa and I got along really for a much as he talks. Though he is a man of little words what he has to say means a lot. I take every word to heart. He is a great friend. Always there when I needed a ear. I noticed around me he smiles, and talks a lot more than around the others. But then again it might be my imagination.

Quatre and I are good friends but, then again Quatre is with everyone. He has this natural ability to love everyone for who they are. A good shoulder to cry on.

Ah Duo. My partner in crime. We often play jokes on people. Though I am often the butt of the joke. Let''s just say I don''t get made. . .I get even.

The girls. Dorothy, Catherine, Hilde, Relena, Sally, and Noin. We all became close friends. I find I am closer with some then others but, we are what everyone likes to call the Gundam Chicks. *shrug*

Then of coarse Heero Yuy who I meet we I first came but, he left again. This hurt Relena. I soon found out that she has strong feelings for him but, he just keeps disappearing and refusing her. In some ways I wanted to shot him myself but, I didn''t know how to shot a gun.

Actually that is why I am leaving again. Lady Une gave me a opportunity to be a protector. I was going to finish my schooling which I had dropped out of because of my parents'' death. Also I was going to be trained so I could protect myself, and maybe I would be given a job as a Preventer to go on missions like the Gundam pilots. I sounded like fun, and I jumped at the chance. This way I could get back on track. Sebastian thought it would be a good idea. Finish high school and learn how to take care of myself. Though I had to go to L1 because Doctor Orion. He was going to be my teacher, and guardian. Supposedly he was good friends with Lady Une. Good friends.

"Hey! I''m ready to go!" I yelled putting down my duffel bag with the other suitcases. I was going to be gone for 3 or 4 years so I had everything packed.

"All right! All right! Jeez! Excited?" Sebastian asked taking some of my bags, and carrying them to the car as I followed with the others. We placed them into his black convertible I loved. I jumped into the front as Sebastian climbed into the driver''s side shaking his head.

"Let''s go!" I said putting on my sunglasses as Sebastian did the same and did a roaring start with the car as we drove my shuttle.

I let the air blow my shoulder length dark brown hair which I left down. I felt a little upset that I wasn''t going to be able to see everyone all the time. I told everyone that I wanted to only have my brother take me my shuttle. That way it would be easier. So we had a little get together yesterday as a little going away party. It was fun but, I still was going to miss everyone. With that I let out a sigh. This made Sebastian glance over at me.

"Regrets?" he asked when we stopped at a red light. I turned to look at him. I knew he was upset about my leaving but, didn''t want to stop me. I wanted to go but, I was going to miss everyone. I was going to keep in touch. Relena, the girls and I made a deal we would get together every 6 months to catch up. Since everyone was busy with other things. Catherine the circus. Hilde the junkyard with Duo. Dorothy, and Relena politics. Sally, and Noin the Preventers. Other than that the guys were all caught up with the Preventers, and other side hobbies.

"No, I want to go but, I am going to miss everyone!" I said as we took off as the light turned green.

"We''ll miss you! I''ll miss you!" He said his voice cracking slightly. I turned to look at him. His spiky light brown hair blowing in the wind. I could see his hazel eyes watery behind his sunglasses. His muscular body tense.

Then before I could say a word not really knowing what to say to ease the pain we pulled into a parking spot and he got out quickly. After our parents died we depended on each other so much. He was very protective of me and I knew it. We were very close. I loved him, and I was going to miss him most of all but, I had trouble showing my true feelings because I was always hurt when I did. Mostly when it came to guys.

With a sigh I got out of the car, and took some of my bags as he closed the trunk. We started to walk to my shuttle after we dropped my bags off. We stood outside the door, and I stopped to face.

"I''ll miss you." I whispered as my eyes watered, and brushed some of his locks from his forehead. He caught my wrist and pulled my into a hug.

"Me too. Write when ever you can. You are the best sister in the world, Latonia. I will always love you." He said back to me, and kissed me on the forehead. We held each other that way for a few minutes till we heard their last call for my shuttle.

I gently pulled away whipping my eyes of their moisture. Sebastian rub his thumb down a tear trail on my cheek.

"Be good! Don''t get hurt! Be the best you can be!" he said. I smiled, and nodded, sniffling. What Wufei would say now.

"Bye!" I said as I climbed the stairs to the shuttle, waving. He waved back smiling though I knew behind those sunglasses he was crying.

"Bye! Good luck!" He called placing his hands over his mouth so I could hear over the noise. I nodded and gave him a peace sign. I then disappeared into the shuttle.

We took off, and I wonder was this what I really wanted. No denying I want to be independent, strong, and intelligent. But did I really have to leave everything? Yes. It was the only way I could apply myself, and become what I wanted without feeling judged. All the girls were something big, and they were loved for it. Relena the peace giver. Catherine a famous circus star. Sally a doctor. Here I am a 17 year old and has never kissed a guy. Pathetic. That''s because I am to scared of myself. Also my heart was already given to someone the first day I met him. Little did I know till later but, he would never return the feelings. I had to get away from him. For now.

~AN: This is my first Gundam Wing story. Be nice. Please Review.~

~Vega~ e-mail - vega_567@hotmail.com