A Nights Embrace 

Prologue

 

 

Heero jumped down from the eight foot stone wall that surrounded his destination and landed quietly on the ground. He shook his head at their still poor attempt of security. He stopped and stared at the mansion that stood before him.  The moon peeked out from the clouds to give him enough light to see the balcony in the distance. It had been three years since he walked away from her. Three years since he has seen, or even talked to her.  It has taken him these three years to sort out his feeling, to explore the emotions he was having. Three year since he found out just how important she was to him. How she was the missing half of his broken heart. How much she completed him. How much he wanted to experience her love and to share his love with her. When he had left he did it without even saying goodbye. He desperately needed to sort things out on his own. But today he would tell her. Today would be the day that would change his life for the better. Today is the day that he will tell her that he loves her.  

Relena giggled as she felt the lips of the man that was with her travel up her neck to stop at her ear and whisper "I want you." He then took her face gently in his hands and claimed her mouth with his own. They deepened the kiss together. Relena could feel him tugging at his shirt. She reached up and helped him pull it over his head. She ran her hands down his muscular chest. He then turned his attention to her shirt, helping her to pull it off. She reached behind her and undid her bra clasp then he pulled it off for her. Relena blushed when she saw the smirk on his face when he saw her for the first time. "Are you sure that you want this?" he asked her. Relena nodded her head. They proceeded to slowly finish taking off each others remaining clothing and exploring each others bodies along the way. Relena gasped as she felt his bare skin brush against hers for the first time. They again lost themselves in a passionate kiss while sinking down onto the bed. 

Heero made his way quietly along the wall of the mansion and stopped just below her balcony. He pulled out the tool that he needed for the job. A mini grappling hook, which was connected to a compressed air gun. Once it was shot in the right spot and a button pushed the grappling hooks would shoot out and lock into place. He didn't even need to climb it would pull him up. Heero pointed the device toward the balcony and fired. It made a very quiet humming sound and a clank as landed between two stone pillars. He pushed the button and heard the quiet popping sound as the hooks shot out. Heero pulled on the line and tested it with his weight. He then let out a heavy breath and took one last look around then he reeled the line in. He quietly climbed over the railing and packed the grappling hook away, for further use may be required. He made his way over to the large French doors and pushed on the handle to see if it was locked. He heard a quiet clicking noise letting him know that it was open. Heero held his breath as he carefully opened one of the doors and made his way into the room and quietly closing the door behind him. He smiled, he has made it this far there is defiantly no turning back now. He took a few steps toward her bed and that is when he finally took notice that she was not alone. The full moon outside was the only light that crept into the room, he could see and hear the sound of the two lovers in bed. Heero's legs froze. He couldn't move, nor could he take his eyes off of the scene before him. He felt his heart shredding into a million pieces. He could feel his body starting to shake, his eyes starting to sting. The sounds, the whispers, the moaning and gasping, all were eating away at his soul. He closed his eyes and felt the tears slide down his face. He could hear them now whispering to each other. 

"I love you Relena." he whispered in her ear.

"I love you too Duo." 

Heero's eyes snapped opened. That name stung his heart. If it were any other man with her it wouldn't have hurt so badly, But Duo, the man that he trusted to look out for her while he was gone. The man that he considered his best friend.  He took a step back his hand slackened and he lost his grip on the small grappling tool. It hit the floor with a loud clank.  

Duo's looked up to see what and where the sound came from. And that is when he saw him. Heero was standing about six feet away from bed. He had a look of shock, hurt and confusion in his eyes. "Oh my God." Duo said in a shaky voice. 

Heero snapped out of the state of heartache he was in when he heard Duo's voice. Both men locked eyes. Once filled with shock the other pair of eyes starting to fill with hatred. 

"Duo, what's wrong?" Relena asked. Duo briefly glanced over at her then turned his eyes back only to see that Heero was retreating out of the room. Duo quickly jumped out of bed and pulled his boxers on. He heard the two balcony doors slam against the walls as Heero forcefully opened them to make his escape from them, from this room. "Heero wait!" he yelled as he ran after him. He could see Relena starting to panic as she quickly climbed out of bed. 

Heero was standing on the ledge of the balcony after climbing over the railing. He was just about to take the fifteen foot drop when Duo grabbed his left arm that was still resting on the railing. "Heero please don't." Heero reacted without thinking he balled up his right fist and punched Duo in the face. Duo knew that his nose was broken on contact. He heard Heero hiss out between clenched teeth "I trusted you. You knew. Why?"  

Relena came running onto the balcony with a silk robe wrapped around her. She quickly ran to Duo's side.  He had his hand covering his nose and the small drips of blood starting to seep threw his fingers. "Are you ok?" she asked and got a nod in response. She then glanced at Heero. Her eyes locked with his. There was hurt and confusion in his eyes. Standing up she took a step toward him reaching her hand out while whispering his name. Heero looked away from her and leaped down off of the balcony. She ran to look over the railing and sighed in relief to see he was all right. Heero took off running into the trees that lined part of her estate. "HEEEERO!" she yelled after him, but she already knew that he wouldn't stop or come back. 

Heero ran even faster when he heard her yell out his name. He would not turn back. He quickly made his way over the wall and landed with a thud on the other side twisting his ankle in the process. He cursed at himself for being so clumsy at spraining his ankle at an eight foot drop and not a fifteen foot drop. Standing up he leaned against the wall closing his eyes while catching his breath. Never again will he let his heart open up to such warmth that he wanted to share with her. His love for her and his friendship with Duo died there in that room.